PDA

View Full Version : Lets put this curry injury stuff to bed.

TheWinningFam
07-24-2016, 04:29 PM
Curry had no knee issues, he just played like shit.

Before Game 7:
https://i.imgflip.com/17hgtd.gif
People suffering with mcl tears dont do this.

Game 3:

https://i.imgflip.com/17hglh.gif (https://imgflip.com/gif/17hglh)
Shit finals performers get this.

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 04:31 PM
Curry had no knee issues, he just played like shit.

Before Game 7:
https://i.imgflip.com/17hgtd.gif
People suffering with mcl tears dont do this.

Doing a dunk in warm ups in no way indicates a player is 100% healthy. The main problem that is caused by an MCL injury is loss of lateral movement and explosiveness.

[Quote]The MCL is one of four ligaments connecting the femur bone to the tibia at the knee. It helps keep the knee stable as it moves from the outside to the inside.

So the lateral movements are going to put pressure on the ligament.

Athletic trainers refer to what

KiiiiNG
07-24-2016, 04:34 PM
It's been in the coffin for awhile.

Hurt or not hurt, it doesn't matter in the scheme of things. Nobody will remember or give him a break for such a bad performance even if he was injured ... the fact that he wasn't injured just confirms that he won't get a break. And now that a better scorer and defender is taking over the team, it's hard to see Curry ever having a good shot at FMVP again. This year was probably his last real chance. :(

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 04:36 PM
Hurt or not hurt, it doesn't matter in the scheme of things. Nobody will remember or give him a break for such a bad performance

People not remembering the truth does not make it untrue

RedBlackAttack
07-24-2016, 04:42 PM
Versus the Blazers following his "injury":

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHZKRgiZXYmVVbq/giphy.gif

We should probably take him at his word.

Im Still Ballin
07-24-2016, 04:42 PM
KiiiiNG and warriorfan! Brothers!

ArbitraryWater
07-24-2016, 04:44 PM
Versus the Warriors in the 2016 WCF:

whaaaaaaaaaat

KiiiiNG
07-24-2016, 04:46 PM
KiiiiNG and warriorfan! Brothers!
Little bro is upset, but I respect the hustle

RedBlackAttack
07-24-2016, 04:47 PM
whaaaaaaaaaat
Ha.

KiiiiNG
07-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Ha.
You're still wrong. It was against The Blazers in the 2nd round!

haha!

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Versus the Thunder in the 2016 WCF:

Yes, he's here, he's back

But is he 100%?

It seems that he has left that portion out of his supposed "confession"... as you are trying to portray it (which is laughable)

RedBlackAttack
07-24-2016, 04:58 PM
You're still wrong. It was against The Blazers in the 2nd round!

haha!
Touche.

IGOTGAME
07-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Yes, he's here, he's back

But is he 100%?

It seems that he has left that portion out of his supposed "confession"... as you are trying to portray it (which is laughable)

what do you think of this breakdown of Curry's play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUU5q2kSDtk

Spurs m8
07-24-2016, 05:18 PM
Every single point brought up in that video is a direct causation from Curry's loss of lateral movement and explosiveness due to his MCL injury

Every day is a meltdown.

Cool life bro

RedBlackAttack
07-24-2016, 05:20 PM

Coach Nick focuses on the statistics, but that is only going to tell you half the story.

Where I thought the Cavs really wore down and shook Steph's confidence was on the other end of the court. His inability to defend Kyrie with anything remotely resembling success, it meant Klay had to shift over (he had his own problems) and the Warriors having to find a hiding spot for Steph.

There wasn't always one there. When Shump was on the court, it helped Curry not have to work as hard defensively, but JR brings his own set of problems for a defender and the Cavs just relentlessly attacked Curry on that end, whoever he was guarding.

There was a story that came out after Game 6, I believe, where LeBron and Kyrie were scanning the court, looking for Steph, and screaming at whoever he was guarding to attack him. You even saw JR attempt some shot-creating and playmaking, which isn't exactly his strong suit... but it was all about sapping Curry's energy and putting him on the hot seat (which can impact the other end).

In 2015, he had a readymade hiding spot in Delly. That allowed him to conserve energy and focus almost exclusively on his offensive game.

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 05:23 PM

Every single point brought up in that video is a direct causation from Curry's loss of lateral movement and explosiveness due to his MCL injury.

Magic 32
07-24-2016, 05:26 PM
It will be put to bed in the finals next year.

RedBlackAttack
07-24-2016, 05:27 PM
Every single point brought up in that video is a direct causation from Curry's loss of lateral movement and explosiveness due to his MCL injury.
I like how you originally posted this at 5:01, just seconds after the video was linked to... before quickly realizing that it would be very apparent you didn't have time to even click on the video let alone watch it... so you waited about the length of time it would take to watch the video and re-posted exactly what you originally said.

Mods can see deleted posts, fwiw.

IGOTGAME
07-24-2016, 05:28 PM
I like how you originally posted this at 5:01, just seconds after the video was linked to... before quickly realizing that it would be very apparent you didn't have time to even click on the video let alone watch it... so you waited about the length of time it would take to watch the video and re-posted exactly what you originally said.

Mods can see deleted posts, fwiw.

lol. I saw this too. But didn't understand it til now. Guess, I didnt know how unhinged he is re this topic.

It will be put to bed in the finals next year.

how? the Warriors could win with Mike Conley instead of Curry now.

SouBeachTalents
07-24-2016, 05:33 PM
lol. I saw this too. But didn't understand it til now. Guess, I didnt know how unhinged he is re this topic.

Lol, I'd say the multiple threads a day and reposting the same 2-3 posts dozens of times a day would be a good indication. Dude is utterly devastated about that Finals loss & Curry's terrible performance

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 05:41 PM
I like how you originally posted this at 5:01, just seconds after the video was linked to...

That video has been out for along time and linked on this site multiple times

I already watched it awhile ago, it goes on a lot about how Curry wasn't able to score on ball in 2016 like he was in 2015...which shows a direct correlation between Curry's MCL injury hindering his lateral movement and explosiveness compared to his play prior to the injured MCL.

LilEddyCurry
07-24-2016, 05:43 PM
Every player is playing with some sort of pain at that point in the season. Warriorfan is just being a b*tch as usual coming up with excuses. Curry is even not making excuses. I am still waiting on his surgery...

TylerOO
07-24-2016, 05:43 PM
only whiney bitches who suck his dick bring it up.

everyone else knows whats up.

RedBlackAttack
07-24-2016, 05:47 PM
That video has been out for along time and linked on this site multiple times

Great.

Then why did you delete your post and re-post it 20 minutes later?

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 05:47 PM
Every player is playing with some sort of pain at that point in the season.

Everyplayer is playing with some sort of pain at that point in the season

However, some players are playing with MORE pain, and some are even playing with major structural damage to crucial knee ligaments (Curry)

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 05:48 PM
Great.

Then why did you delete your post and re-post it 20 minutes later?

I was trying to edit the post to add something and accidentally deleted it.

IGOTGAME
07-24-2016, 05:48 PM
Everyplayer is playing with some sort of pain at that point in the season

However, some players are playing with MORE pain, and some are even playing with major structural damage to crucial knee ligaments (Curry)

so grade 1 MCL tear is re as major structural damage. you are insane.

RedBlackAttack
07-24-2016, 05:52 PM
Uh-huh. :oldlol:

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 05:52 PM
so grade 1 MCL tear is re as major structural damage. you are insane.

If you want to play semantics we could call it...

Structural damage?

Minor structural damage if it makes you feel better?

The wording wont change what happened.

Curry's knee wasn't working properly after the MCL injury, which did not allow him to utilize the lateral movement, change of direction, and explosiveness that he usually possesses.

RedBlackAttack
07-24-2016, 05:54 PM
The posts are exactly the same. Nothing changed from the first post to the second post, 20 minutes later. What were you trying to edit in that you forgot to include in the latter post as well?

IGOTGAME
07-24-2016, 05:55 PM
If you want to play semantics we could call it...

Structural damage?

Minor structural damage if it makes you feel better?

The wording wont change what happened.

Curry's knee wasn't working properly after the MCL injury, which did not allow him to utilize the lateral movement, change of direction, and explosiveness that he usually possesses.

the knee was not compromised at all structuarally. Otherwise, he wouldnt not have come back in the Portland series

A grade 1 MCL sprain is a very minor injury. And the NBA Finals were a month removed from the incident. I've had the same injury twice and a month later is more than enough.

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 06:00 PM
the knee was not compromised at all structuarally. Otherwise, he wouldnt not have come back in the Portland series

A grade 1 MCL tear is a very minor injury. And the NBA Finals were a month removed from the incident. I've had the same injury twice and a month later is more than enough.

you had the exact same injury and the exact same severity curry had?

and you also came back in 2 weeks and played 40 minutes of NBA playoff basketball a night afterwards?

interesting

aj1987
07-24-2016, 06:43 PM

and you also came back in 2 weeks and played 40 minutes of NBA playoff basketball a night afterwards?

interesting
True. Maybe if Kerr decided to sit Cuckry because of his bruised ******, the Warriors might've won.

Hey Yo
07-24-2016, 06:47 PM

interesting
Which means Steph was fine.

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 06:50 PM
Which means Steph was fine.

No, which exacerbated the sprain and prevented the knee from fully healing.

Hey Yo
07-24-2016, 06:56 PM
No, which exacerbated the sprain and prevented the knee from fully healing.
link?

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 07:18 PM
link?

http://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-curry-knee-70-percent-at-best-2016-5

[QUOTE]Stephen Curry is reportedly not playing at 100% health, and it may explain why he has struggled to find his MVP form throughout the Western Conference Finals against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The Thunder cruised to a 118-94 Game 4 win and took a commanding 3-1 series lead on Tuesday night. After the rout, The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski reported that Curry

RedBlackAttack
07-24-2016, 07:20 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-curry-knee-70-percent-at-best-2016-5
...and then he scored 30+ points in three straight games and all of that talk went away... as it should have.

Haven't you done enough excuse-making at this stage? The Warriors just acquired Kevin Durant and should breeze to a championship (I'm not being sarcastic). There's no reason for you to still be there, in every thread, posting the same stuff over and over.

They lost. He was horrible. Get over it.

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 07:29 PM
...and then he scored 30+ points in three straight games and all of that talk went away... as it should have.

That does not prove anything.

In 1997, Michael Jordan had what is now known as "The Flu Game"

He scored 38 points in that game, does that mean Michael Jordan did not have the Flu?

They lost. He was horrible. Get over it.

They lost. Curry did not play up to his MVP level. I am over it.

Curry was also suffering from an MCL injury. You need to get over that.

Meticode
07-24-2016, 07:31 PM
Nevermind.

RedBlackAttack
07-24-2016, 07:32 PM
Pretty sure that was against Portland when he did that.
Yeah, I was corrected twice. First, I said it was against the Warriors (huh?), and then I edited it to the Thunder, which is what I originally meant... and someone pointed out that it was against the Blazers. I didn't feel the need to go back and edit it a second time, but I guess I should for future thread readers.

Dro
07-24-2016, 09:40 PM
Again, how is Warrior fan not banned?

diamenz
07-24-2016, 10:04 PM
i dunno what to think about curry's condition after coming back. he just never seemed to look like himself out there, although he had a few great games. his drive and finish game wasn't there though, nor were his handles - that's for sure.

just slight injuries can affect you mentally and throw u off as well. i think he was injured, but not severely. just enough to throw him off his game.

his poor decision making esp on defense didn't help either.

Hey Yo
07-24-2016, 10:07 PM
That does not prove anything.

In 1997, Michael Jordan had what is now known as "The Flu Game"

He scored 38 points in that game, does that mean Michael Jordan did not have the Flu?

They lost. Curry did not play up to his MVP level. I am over it.

Curry was also suffering from an MCL injury. You need to get over that.
Why you comparing one game to someone who's allegedly hurt according to reports after game 4.... but all of a sudden he's able to score a combined 98 points over the next 3 games???

Curry was fine and got his ass handed to him.

retaxis
07-25-2016, 05:25 AM
Warriors fan please be wise and keep the conspiracy theories to yourself. Winners write history not the losers.

ScarSymmetry
07-25-2016, 06:15 AM
There is nothing to put to bed other than Warriorfan for being shook as **** that his boy shit the bed in the finals (again).

Orlando Magic
07-25-2016, 06:31 AM
Jordan was hungover... he didn't have the flu.

PP34Deuce
07-25-2016, 10:10 AM
Did injuries affect his explosion? a little bit.

Would it have made a difference physically? I don't believe so.

Quite honestly he was gassed. people don't want to admit it but he ran out of Gas much like Lebron did in 2015. that whole team did because they couldn't buy a bucket for 4-5 minutes in the 4th quarter.

I knew he was going to run out of gas eventually. His regular season was on a historic level that was going to be hard to keep going deep in the playoffs. I predict you see Kerr give more rest days alla Pop.

No offseason surgery... He ran out of gas.

warriorfan
07-25-2016, 03:31 PM
Did injuries affect his explosion? a little bit.

Would it have made a difference physically? I don't believe so.

Quite honestly he was gassed. people don't want to admit it but he ran out of Gas much like Lebron did in 2015. that whole team did because they couldn't buy a bucket for 4-5 minutes in the 4th quarter.

I knew he was going to run out of gas eventually. His regular season was on a historic level that was going to be hard to keep going deep in the playoffs. I predict you see Kerr give more rest days alla Pop.

No offseason surgery... He ran out of gas.

Your "out of gas" assertion is wrong

Curry actually traveled the same distance and traveled at the same speed on average per game, so it had nothing to do with gas. (Amazingly enough considering Steph Curry was unable to be on his feet for 2+ weeks in the middle of the playoffs, effecting his work out routine and his cardio)

His explosiveness and change of direction were what was compromised 1, leading to difficulties in gaining separation especially in 1 on 1 scenarios, something that is usually Curry's specialty. This is evident through statistics and the eye test as well.

1.[Quote]The MCL is one of four ligaments connecting the femur bone to the tibia at the knee. It helps keep the knee stable as it moves from the outside to the inside.

So the lateral movements are going to put pressure on the ligament.

Athletic trainers refer to what

Wally450
07-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Curry was fine. Just choked.