PDA

View Full Version : Best Presidents in History and the Achievements/changes that YOU would attribute them

ArbitraryWater
07-24-2016, 11:46 PM
Go

iamgine
07-25-2016, 12:00 AM
Barack Obama

Black president

G-train
07-25-2016, 12:02 AM
George Washington

First white president

enayes
07-25-2016, 12:03 AM
Abraham Lincoln- Ending Slavery

George Washington- Saving America from Britain

catzhernandez
07-25-2016, 12:05 AM
Jimmy Carter

His brother and "Billy Beer"

/end thread

gigantes
07-26-2016, 02:06 AM
teddy roosevelt

enacted sweeping national environmental protections.

youngest president in history.

fought hard for the little man, going after the monopolies and trusts.

ushered in the progressive era of politics; formed his own party and came fairly close to upsetting the two-party system.

initiated the panama canal.

elevated the USA on the world stage; lots of foreign policy successes.

ran a mixed martial arts studio in the white house.

just an all-around badass who threw himself feet-first in to whatever he did, be it war, exploration, hunting, you name it. in fact IIRC he died young from catching a disease on an african safari.

probably the key person most responsible for ushering the world in to the modern era.

ArbitraryWater
07-28-2016, 10:43 AM
teddy roosevelt

enacted sweeping national environmental protections.

youngest president in history.

fought hard for the little man, going after the monopolies and trusts.

ushered in the progressive era of politics; formed his own party and came fairly close to upsetting the two-party system.

initiated the panama canal.

elevated the USA on the world stage; lots of foreign policy successes.

ran a mixed martial arts studio in the white house.

just an all-around badass who threw himself feet-first in to whatever he did, be it war, exploration, hunting, you name it. in fact IIRC he died young from catching a disease on an african safari.

probably the key person most responsible for ushering the world in to the modern era.

yet you disliked Bernie so much :confusedshrug:

gigantes
07-28-2016, 10:55 AM
yet you disliked Bernie so much :confusedshrug:
i don't dislike bernie. i think he's the most selfless one out of the final four, and probably out of all the major candidates.

so who's your favorite leader in german history and why?

ArbitraryWater
07-28-2016, 11:05 AM
i don't dislike bernie. i think he's the most selfless one out of the final four, and probably out of all the major candidates.

so who's your favorite leader in german history and why?

you said Bernie's approach was for dreamers or something.. I dont have much of an opinion on that sorry. Not as highlighted as in the US, either..

Bismarck? :confusedshrug:

Dresta
07-28-2016, 11:07 AM
George Washington, by far. Without him as a non-partisan figurehead, the new Federal Republic would have been quickly rendered asunder. He didn't have to do much except be there, sure, but he was the symbol of unity that bound a nation that was not really a nation together during its most dangerous period.

Indeed, I doubt Virginia would even have ratified the Constitution if not for his endorsement, which would've meant no United States.