PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook to Spurs trade talk heating up...

toxicxr6
07-26-2016, 08:04 PM
Seems to be getting a bit more momentum behind it now

The talk is a possible trade of Danny green, Kyle Anderson and some form of picks. If this happens would like the Spurs to try and move either Parker or mills as well...

Come on spurs .. Get it done

Cone
07-26-2016, 08:05 PM
not happening. especially for that garbage offer

toxicxr6
07-26-2016, 08:10 PM
not happening. especially for that garbage offer

I'm sorry but the thunder don't have much leverage here at all... Westbrooks contract will expire and if they don't trade him then hey get nothing

And if Westbrook doenst commit to a team that he could be traded too.. Then that offer is better than anything else they will get. No team is trading valuable pieces for someone that will likely leave after one season...

The key here is for the Spurs to woo Westbrook.. If they can do that and he comes out and says he wants to be traded to the Spurs and will only resign with them.. Then the thunder are screwed.. No one team will trade anything of value..

HenryGarfunkle
07-26-2016, 08:12 PM
I'm sorry but the thunder don't have much leverage here at all... Westbrooks contract will expire and if they don't trade him then hey get nothing

And if Westbrook doenst commit to a team that he could be traded too.. Then that offer is better than anything else they will get. No team is trading valuable pieces for someone that will likely leave after one season...

The key here is for the Spurs to woo Westbrook.. If they can do that and he comes out and says he wants to be traded to the Spurs and will only resign with them.. Then the thunder are screwed.. No one team will trade anything of value..
Well obviously you take the risk if you're OKC and see what happens. They're not trading westbrook for Danny Green and Kyle Anderson you ****ing moron.

tpols
07-26-2016, 08:13 PM
while kawhi and russel would be scary defensively .. im just not seeing westbrook fitting into san antonio ball movement system as well, although i guess he could adapt under pop.

bigkingsfan
07-26-2016, 08:13 PM
They should move the team if that happens.

Meticode
07-26-2016, 08:24 PM
It would be interested if they traded him since it's being reported he doesn't want the Thunder to trade him.

Ben Simmons
07-26-2016, 08:25 PM
while kawhi and russel would be scary defensively .. im just not seeing westbrook fitting into san antonio ball movement system as well, although i guess he could adapt under pop.
Westbrook is not a scary defender

raprap
07-26-2016, 08:26 PM
if this happens...

Presti will lose 3 superstar caliber players in 4 years. :facepalm :eek:

Brickz187
07-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Never going to happen for those garbage players. Rather just ride out the year with Westbrook and hope he wins MVP and balls out.

Proctor
07-26-2016, 08:35 PM
OKC can have Parker, Anderson, Martin and picks but not a stick of gum more

Thunderfan86
07-26-2016, 08:50 PM
I can't believe yall nikkas is still on this "Westbrook to the Spurs" bullshit :facepalm

bluechox2
07-26-2016, 08:56 PM
doesnt fit the spurs mold...

rmt
07-26-2016, 09:45 PM
OKC can have Parker, Anderson, Martin and picks but not a stick of gum more

Pop will never trade Parker - Spurs are too loyal - Parker will retire as a Spur. Although I rather Parker go than Danny Green.

Spurs are moving away from ball movement toward LMA and Leonard iso - pound it in the post. Might as well complete the circle with Westbrooke - they can't compete with GSW and CLE as is and where else can Westbrooke go.

GSW - no
CLE - no
LAC - no

SAS is the logical place to go - team up with Leonard.

nba_55
07-26-2016, 09:53 PM

What ball movement system? That system is gone, it wasn't there last year once they got Lamarcus.

RedBlackAttack
07-26-2016, 10:00 PM
Well obviously you take the risk if you're OKC and see what happens. They're not trading westbrook for Danny Green and Kyle Anderson you ****ing moron.
OKC is not in a position to see what happens. That is what they did with Durant and now they've lost one of the top players in the league and gotten nothing back in return. They cannot and will not make the same mistake with Westbrook.

It's a rough situation and I feel for OKC fans. It's like a double gut-punch, because Durant leaving coincided with Westbrook's contract being in its last year, but they can't just wait and see. If Westbrook is indicating to them that he has a real interest in re-signing, then maybe you wait until the deadline, see where the team is and reassess at that point.

But they can't just let this play out and hope for the best. And, as toxicxr6 said, any team trading for WB would need a virtual guarantee that he is going to re-sign with them, so that really limits the number of potential suitors. It would be one thing if he had 2-3 years left on his deal, but he doesn't.

Probably the best bet is to hope the Lakers get desperate and they give away 1 or 2 of their young pieces, but I don't see Westbrook agreeing to that. They're still years away from being a contender. And LA isn't giving any of their young pieces up unless they get that guarantee.

Boston is the only other team I could imagine being a good fit that has really nice trade chips, but does WB have any interest in coming East? Ainge would play hardball, too. It's not like they would get a haul for an expiring Westbrook with the way Ainge wheels and deals.

It would probably be like Isaiah Thomas and a pick, if that. And, that's assuming WB assures them he will re-sign.

There is just no way they are getting anything close to equal value in a trade. Tough situation.

Spurs m8
07-26-2016, 10:17 PM
At least Thunder fans still have big d*ck Adams.

RedBlackAttack
07-26-2016, 10:25 PM
Spurs are moving away from ball movement toward LMA and Leonard iso - pound it in the post. Might as well complete the circle with Westbrooke - they can't compete with GSW and CLE as is and where else can Westbrooke go.

GSW - no
CLE - no
LAC - no

SAS is the logical place to go - team up with Leonard.
Boston is the logical wildcard, imo. I think with their offseason moves, they're a Top 3 team in the East and they have one of the best coaches in the league.

Could Westbrook have them legitimately competing with the Cavs for the EC Title? I've never been completely bullish on WB, especially in the playoffs with his sometimes out-of-control play, but they would feature a pretty stout roster depending on what they'd have to give up.

I'm thinking with OKC's lack of leverage, it would probably be some package revolving around Isaiah Thomas and picks (Boston still has a lot of those).

So, let's say they pull it off...

PG: Russell Westbrook / Marcus Smart
SG: Avery Bradley / Gerald Green(?) / James Young
SF: Jae Crowder / Jaylen Brown
PF: Amir Johnson / Jonas Jerebko
C: Al Horford / Kelly Olynyk / Tyler Zeller

Is that roster good enough to compete with the Cavs? Looks pretty formidable with Stevens as their coach. Lots of questions like whether or not WB would buy into his system and if he'd even agree to go in the first place.

But, the scary thing about Boston if you're a Cavs fan is that, even after making a trade for Westbrook, Ainge would still have a big enough war chest to make another move, probably for a top level role player at PF.

If he would buy in, this could be the best situation for Westbrook.

Prime_Shaq
07-26-2016, 10:29 PM
At least Thunder fans still have big d*ck Adams.
This is true.

RRR3
07-26-2016, 10:30 PM
This is true.
Khal Adams! :bowdown:

Fudge
07-26-2016, 11:11 PM
This is a very toxic meltdown.

Wow.

Spurs m8
07-26-2016, 11:15 PM
This is a very toxic meltdown.

Wow.

Who's melting down?

Go jump on another bandwagon

HylianNightmare
07-26-2016, 11:50 PM
As much as I'd like it to hopefully set up a goatbrook vs Durant wcf, they'd literally be better off letting him Chuck all season and hopefully be in the MVP discussion and possibly drag them into the playoffs than trading him for essentially nothing

NugzFan
07-27-2016, 12:24 AM
I like how Spurs fans are like "okc - here is an awful offer. Take it or leave it"

As if that's a tough decision for presti

CelticBaller
07-27-2016, 01:08 AM
Lmao what assets do the Spurs have? This is as dumb as those DMC to Cleveland "rumors"

Op is a ****ing idiot

Stormtrooper
07-27-2016, 01:18 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: At all these delusional SPurts fans.

alanLA92
07-27-2016, 01:25 AM
Unless Spurs give up Leonard in a possible trade Thunder should not do it. And the Spurs shouldn't give him up. Therefore the Westbrook trade shouldn't happen unless someone f*** up and gives in.

Pretty sure there will be takers all season for Westbrook. Don't give up just in the summer OKC.

AT9
07-27-2016, 08:16 AM
Yeah Spurs would be stupid to trade Leonard, who is about on the same plane with Westbrook (arguably better) and is like the perfect Spur on a personality level, while Westbrook has a very non-Spurs persona. Even if the Spurs could get him without giving up a Leonard or Aldridge, I'm not convinced it would be a good fit anyway.

OKC would be stupid to do this for anything not including Leonard or Aldridge unless they're 100% convinced that he's not returning and he makes it clear he wouldn't resign anywhere but SA.

I<3NBA
07-27-2016, 10:21 AM
would be funny as hell if WB goes to San Antonio and eliminates GSW.

Spurs' weakness is at the PG position.

keep-itreal
07-27-2016, 10:23 AM
I would do Westbrook for Aldridge straight up