PDA

View Full Version : Hey, ISH-- Whenever you get down in the dumps, what thing really cheers you up?

gigantes
07-27-2016, 10:20 AM
me? i just played a ray charles record, and realised how much i needed that.

JEFFERSON MONEY
07-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Haven't felt empty, aching depression (have yet to lose a loved one).

It's got to be uplifting, compassionate company (preferrably 5 or more dudes), a long walk in the woods, and then serious contemplation and remembrance of Death.

Music's only a bandage, brother. It's nice to hear someone express your sentiments in an echo like fashion, but it can't really cure the inner core.

The people around you should definitely reach out and pick people up undergoing times like these, though.

Nick Young
07-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Haven't felt empty, aching depression (have yet to lose a loved one).

It's got to be uplifting, compassionate company (preferrably 5 or more dudes), a long walk in the woods, and then serious contemplation and remembrance of Death.

Music's only a bandage, brother. It's nice to hear someone express your sentiments in an echo like fashion, but it can't really cure the inner core.

The people around you should definitely reach out and pick people up undergoing times like these, though.
Exactly. This man is dropping truth. You must work to achieve true happiness and contentment. Relying on outside stimulus as a temporary bandage leads one down a never ending spiral of depression and self doubt. Break the cycle.

Replace your emptiness with wisdom (http://terebess.hu/english/chuangtzu.html).

Patrick Chewing
07-27-2016, 10:40 AM
I'm never down in the dumps. That comes from knowing since childbirth that I'm better than everyone else.

rufuspaul
07-27-2016, 11:05 AM
**** sex

JEFFERSON MONEY
07-27-2016, 11:43 AM
Exactly. This man is dropping truth. You must work to achieve true happiness and contentment. Relying on outside stimulus as a temporary bandage leads one down a never ending spiral of depression and self doubt. Break the cycle.

Replace your emptiness with wisdom (http://terebess.hu/english/chuangtzu.html).

One of the hardest habits to break is reliance on music and television. Let's be grateful to God; we weren't not moved to tears or rage when we went through our hip hop and rock stages in our youth.

Cat Stevens just cold-turkeyed it. Instantly.

If people want to be free in all aspects, they've got to struggle for their freedom.

JEFFERSON MONEY
07-27-2016, 11:44 AM
**** sex

Close, but no cigar.

How's about twirling one's daughter in a circle?

Nick Young
07-27-2016, 11:48 AM
One of the hardest habits to break is reliance on music and television. Let's be grateful to God; we weren't not moved to tears or rage when we went through our hip hop and rock stages in our youth.

Cat Stevens just cold-turkeyed it. Instantly.

If people want to be free in all aspects, they've got to struggle for their freedom.
Yusuf Islam is a musical hero of mine. One of the most gifted songwriters of his generation along with Jackson Browne. I believe him when he says he didn't know his money donated to Islamic organizations was being filtered down to Hamas and Hezbollah. I believe he is a peaceful Muslim man who wants peace on earth for all. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6mKMV0d2cs)

Bosnian Sajo
07-27-2016, 11:52 AM
Thinking about the future is one thing...knowing that I still have my whole life ahead of me (hopefully) really helps me get out of a down mood and hype me up. Girl rejects you, you fail a test, your friend ****s you over, you don't get into the school you want....you feel shitty as hell. Stop and think about the future when you finish school, when you gonna start working and make money, potentially move away to a bigger and better place, meet a woman who loves you for who you are and is equally as beautiful, and have a kid with her. I get excited thinking about those kind of things.

Another thing that works 100% of the time is religion. If I'm ever feeling down and just can't get up, I go pray with my brothers at the mosque and then have a laugh with them over some coffee and cigs. That's classic Balkan right there, most of our people no matter if Muslim/Christian/Orthodox have coffee 3-4 times a day and cigs are always a must :lol

gigantes
07-27-2016, 12:33 PM
oh shut your mouth, girl. music has a known (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_and_emotion) effect upon mood.

at the same time, maybe you have a point. i.e., a brave man is willing to study his inner demons and let them slide off him like a boss-ninja.

Nick Young
07-27-2016, 12:38 PM
oh shut your mouth, girl. music has a known (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_and_emotion) effect upon mood.

at the same time, maybe you have a point. i.e., a brave man is willing to study his inner demons and let them slide off him like a boss-ninja.
Lashing out at people who try to help you and give you positive advice is not going to encourage people to give you more positive advice in the future.

This is a good book. You should read it.
http://www.arendlandman.nl/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Siddhartha-roman-van-herman-Hesse-uit-1923-Bezige-bij-2009-570x928.jpg

JEFFERSON MONEY
07-27-2016, 12:39 PM

Mood is not part of one's inner core, so to speak. It's the temperament of the wind to the earth's magma, if we're using that analogy.

So you're touching base on skeletons in the closet, and an the Jungian concept of Shadow yeah?

What we do in our tradition is repent, repent, repent, repent, repent, and repent some more, investigating our pasts and wondering where did it all go wrong tackling the way we handled a past situation and then making a resolute will to change for the better. But in our traditions we humbly admit we need God's loving grace so we pray with utmost focus and devotion.

Other Modern day folks utilize Bioenergetics, where they lash out in a controlled environment and release expressed emotions to achieve a catharsis. I don't know what they do in Africa, China or India. TCM and Ayurvedic experts contribute...

gigantes
07-27-2016, 12:49 PM
Mood is not part of one's inner core, so to speak. It's the temperament of the wind to the earth's magma, if we're using that analogy.

So you're touching base on skeletons in the closet, and an the Jungian concept of Shadow yeah?

What we do in our tradition is repent, repent, repent, repent, repent, and repent some more, investigating our pasts and wondering where did it all go wrong tackling the way we handled a past situation and then making a resolute will to change for the better. But in our traditions we humbly admit we need God's loving grace so we pray with utmost focus and devotion.

Other Modern day folks utilize Bioenergetics, where they lash out in a controlled environment and release expressed emotions to achieve a catharsis. I don't know what they do in Africa, China or India. TCM and Ayurvedic experts contribute...
and along those lines, how would you react if i said that i've figured out some of your alts and i appreciate you all the more for your healthy dose of awesome-sauce?

Nick Young
07-27-2016, 01:01 PM
and along those lines, how would you react if i said that i've figured out some of your alts and i appreciate you all the more for your healthy dose of awesome-sauce?
Conspiracy theories are not the answer to your inner emptiness.

What if I were to tell you that I have zero alt accounts and haven't had an alt account for 5 years?

That would be the truth, and yet you have wasted time in your head constructing an elaborate and false conspiracy.

That path will not lead you to happiness or inner fulfillment.

gigantes
07-27-2016, 01:26 PM
That would be the truth, and yet you have wasted time in your head constructing an elaborate and false conspiracy.

That path will not lead you to happiness or inner fulfillment.
with a straight face, i would ask you how i could possibly improve my home and existential life, the both of them.

Nick Young
07-27-2016, 01:28 PM
with a straight face, i would ask you how i could possibly improve my home and existential life, the both of them.
People in this thread have given you answers and you are ignoring them and even lashing out and criticizing them for offering you positive advice and fabricating elaborate conspiracy theories against them.

You can guide a dehydrated man to water but you can't force them to drink it.

gigantes
07-27-2016, 01:33 PM
People in this thread have given you answers and you are ignoring them and even lashing out and criticizing them for offering you positive advice and fabricating elaborate conspiracy theories against them.

You can guide a dehydrated man to water but you can't force them to drink it.
sorry about that. i'm pretty sure it was just satan guiding my heart.

what do you think i should do to atone, sir?

Nick Young
07-27-2016, 01:35 PM
sorry about that. i'm pretty sure it was just satan guiding my heart.

what do you think i should do to atone, sir?
There is a reason that 60% of ISH including myself has you on their ignore list.

I hope that you can one day find happiness and inner fulfillment in life. Adios!:cheers:

KiiiiNG
07-27-2016, 02:01 PM
Thinking about the future is one thing...knowing that I still have my whole life ahead of me (hopefully) really helps me get out of a down mood and hype me up. Girl rejects you, you fail a test, your friend ****s you over, you don't get into the school you want....you feel shitty as hell. Stop and think about the future when you finish school, when you gonna start working and make money, potentially move away to a bigger and better place, meet a woman who loves you for who you are and is equally as beautiful, and have a kid with her. I get excited thinking about those kind of things.

Another thing that works 100% of the time is religion. If I'm ever feeling down and just can't get up, I go pray with my brothers at the mosque and then have a laugh with them over some coffee and cigs. That's classic Balkan right there, most of our people no matter if Muslim/Christian/Orthodox have coffee 3-4 times a day and cigs are always a must :lol
In down times, pathetic losers like this ^ always seem to cheer me up.

Bosnian Sajo
07-27-2016, 02:43 PM
In down times, pathetic losers like this ^ always seem to cheer me up.

lmao, how is it that you know who I am, yet this is the first time I've ever seen you post?

You have to know someone pretty well to call them a loser, let alone pathetic.

KiiiiNG
07-27-2016, 04:34 PM
lmao, how is it that you know who I am, yet this is the first time I've ever seen you post?

You have to know someone pretty well to call them a loser, let alone pathetic.
:roll:

This dude really played the "I've never seen you post" card. That's so cringey.

You're a good guy though despite your cringey loserness, so I'm not even gonna pick on you.

KiiiiNG
07-27-2016, 06:28 PM
You know, in Ancient Persia.. Kings would decapitate Messengers who brought them bad news.
Bro, when are you moving to America?

I'll let you live rent free at my place as long as you need to get settled. Now or never!

nathanjizzle
07-27-2016, 06:35 PM
i havent been down in the dumps for a while because i have a relatively happy life. but back in my insecure loser days, when i was sad i would go out to the courts to hoop, that was really my only salvation. now i dont play anymore, i think im too mature for it.

Bosnian Sajo
07-27-2016, 06:38 PM
:roll:

This dude really played the "I've never seen you post" card. That's so cringey.

You're a good guy though despite your cringey loserness, so I'm not even gonna pick on you.

Who's alt is this....I can't keep up anymore, it's exhausting.

nathanjizzle
07-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Bro, when are you moving to America?

I'll let you live rent free at my place as long as you need to get settled. Now or never!

must be lonely if youre willing to invite another strange dude on the forums who is known to have a big **** live at your place. gayest shit i ever seen. :roll:

KiiiiNG
07-27-2016, 06:58 PM
must be lonely if youre willing to invite another strange dude on the forums who is known to have a big **** live at your place. gayest shit i ever seen. :roll:
I've exchanged PM's with the guy in the past... I actually know him pretty well

I already have two other roommates, so he'd be sharing my room. And I'd be completely fine with that. :)

I just get the sense that he's wasting away in Australia when he could be living it up in USA where all the action is. He's a potential business partner too, and one of the few people in the world who can relate to having an insidehoops career. That's BIG.

Bosnian Sajo
07-27-2016, 09:09 PM
I've exchanged PM's with the guy in the past... I actually know him pretty well

I already have two other roommates, so he'd be sharing my room. And I'd be completely fine with that. :)

I just get the sense that he's wasting away in Australia when he could be living it up in USA where all the action is. He's a potential business partner too, and one of the few people in the world who can relate to having an insidehoops career. That's BIG.

Ooooook baddi. Or should I say Budadiii?

You're one weird ****, gotta say.

raprap
07-27-2016, 09:11 PM
Making money

KiiiiNG
07-27-2016, 10:40 PM
Ooooook baddi. Or should I say Budadiii?

You're one weird ****, gotta say.
How could you possibly decipher such a thing from that random sentence? :facepalm

Bro, I'm smarter than you, and whoever you just mentioned, he's smarter than you too. Playing stupid just makes you lose more convincingly, weirdo. :oldlol:

G-train
07-27-2016, 10:55 PM
I come on ISH and I instantly feel better about myself.

Bosnian Sajo
07-27-2016, 11:42 PM
Using the same insult makes you look even more like a loser :oldlol:

Poor guy :(