PDA

View Full Version : How can Stephen Curry be a villain?

Ca$H
07-27-2016, 01:05 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ATbPs-ZMI1Y/TpOjt8OMVdI/AAAAAAAADCw/XnLOUVINaXc/s1600/Stephen-Curry-and-The-Childlike-Empress-from-Neverending-Story-look-alike-funny-nba-photos.jpg

That is suppose to be a villain? :roll:

SilkkTheShocker
07-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Remember when he told everyone he was back against the s.hitty Blazers? :oldlol: Pounding his chest and all. Now all we hear our excuses for him :lol

Ca$H
07-27-2016, 01:29 PM
Remember when he told everyone he was back against the s.hitty Blazers? :oldlol: Pounding his chest and all. Now all we hear our excuses for him :lol

How is that pertinent to the topic?

red1
07-27-2016, 01:32 PM
Curry is quickly becoming overrated. During the regular season people were saying he is a better offensive player than MJ. Now we obviously know that isn't true.

toneloc103
07-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Easily. All that preening and pouting. he is overrated. Not a lovable kid anymore.

Ca$H
07-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Curry is quickly becoming overrated. During the regular season people were saying he is a better offensive player than MJ. Now we obviously know that isn't true.

How is that pertinent to the topic? People were saying that but did Curry say that?

Ca$H
07-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Easily. All that preening and pouting. he is overrated. Not a lovable kid anymore.

:oldlol: Curry has never made excuses for his poor play. He has always held himself accountable. Overrated? Curry has never rated himself or compared himself to other players. How can he be a villain due to the actions of other people?

tpols
07-27-2016, 01:47 PM
http://i.giphy.com/rVjOGIYUSbd3a.gif

http://i.giphy.com/ABKkDr2Qf1ANG.gif

http://i.giphy.com/zA6ip6MHG7m6I.gif

Ca$H
07-27-2016, 02:01 PM

Like a small child having fun in the playground. What a villain!

Ben Simmons
07-27-2016, 02:02 PM
He's not the villain, but the Warriors were such massive favorites that people naturally rooted for the underdog.

Adding KD just added fuel to the fire. But now KD will get hate. Along with Draymond Green cause he's a ball hunter.

Ca$H
07-27-2016, 02:09 PM
He's not the villain, but the Warriors were such massive favorites that people naturally rooted for the underdog.

Adding KD just added fuel to the fire. But now KD will get hate. Along with Draymond Green cause he's a ball hunter.

Draygod is the only guy who fits the villain role and he embraces it.

Knoe Itawl
07-27-2016, 02:35 PM
I like Curry a lot, however a lot of people didn't want to notice during the euphoria of his storied (regular) season that he really had gotten pretty arrogant on the court. I actually think this loss could be good for him if he's humbled by it.

Sarcastic
07-27-2016, 02:42 PM

People started to root against them because they started talking massive amounts of shit, and were massively cocky. On top of that, they have many punchable faces.

FireDavidKahn
07-27-2016, 02:52 PM
Because he is a cocky bitch who folds when the pressure is on?

Vancouver-Grizz
07-27-2016, 03:06 PM
People started to root against them because they started talking massive amounts of shit, and were massively cocky. On top of that, they have many punchable faces.

So what sh!t did they say that any other athlete wouldn't say? name a team other then SA that didn't celebrate after a big play?

Punchable faces?? how old are you???

Vancouver-Grizz
07-27-2016, 03:08 PM
Because he is a cocky bitch who folds when the pressure is on?

So LeBron, KG, Duncan, Kobe, Wade was always successful during pressure situations?

Uchmanmamba24
07-27-2016, 03:34 PM
agree with OP. I don't understand why anyone dislikes Curry tbh. I'm a Kobe fan and i can see why people hate him but Curry and arrogance don't belong in the same sentence. I think people hate him due to how GREAT he performed last year. When you're good, the hate increases. I call bullsh!t on this arrogance talk. Dude is far from it

Sarcastic
07-27-2016, 03:44 PM
So what sh!t did they say that any other athlete wouldn't say? name a team other then SA that didn't celebrate after a big play?

Punchable faces?? how old are you???

"We're better than Showtime Lakers"
"We don't care about the record" (then feverishly plays their hardest to get it)

http://www.interbasket.net/news/wp-content/uploads/image-scaler.jpg

ZMonkey11
07-27-2016, 03:50 PM
agree with OP. I don't understand why anyone dislikes Curry tbh. I'm a Kobe fan and i can see why people hate him but Curry and arrogance don't belong in the same sentence. I think people hate him due to how GREAT he performed last year. When you're good, the hate increases. I call bullsh!t on this arrogance talk. Dude is far from it

:biggums:
You don't watch full games. You probably play mindcraft and use basketball as background noise. Do you even watch highlights? Even those show how cocky he is.

Curry is infinitely cocky. He takes shots, does a celebration after every 3 from distance. Will begin walking away from a shot as the ball is in the air and stare at the crowd as the shot goes in.

This does not take away from his offensive ability, but you are blind if you don't think he is cocky.

Edit: Also, throwing a mouth piece into the crowd like a spoiled child? When calls aren't going your way, complain and move on. But to throw a temper tantrum AND look like you are of the age to throw a temper tantrum? He looked like a lil whiny bitch.

Uchmanmamba24
07-27-2016, 03:59 PM
:biggums:
You don't watch full games. You probably play mindcraft and use basketball as background noise. Do you even watch highlights? Even those show how cocky he is.

Curry is infinitely cocky. He takes shots, does a celebration after every 3 from distance. Will begin walking away from a shot as the ball is in the air and stare at the crowd as the shot goes in.

This does not take away from his offensive ability, but you are blind if you don't think he is cocky.

Edit: Also, throwing a mouth piece into the crowd like a spoiled child? When calls aren't going your way, complain and move on. But to throw a temper tantrum AND look like you are of the age to throw a temper tantrum? He looked like a lil whiny bitch.
Please explain whats wrong with a man working hard to perfect his craft to the point where he becomes infinitely confident in his jump shot? Not like he rubs it in anyone's face. He's clearly having fun on the court. Stop hating! its okay to say you don't like him because you think he's too good but to say he's arrogant? c'mon, Curry is at the bottom of the list for arrogant players in the league.

Hey Yo
07-27-2016, 04:04 PM
One scenario would be KD ends up taking a lot of Curry's shots this upcoming season. Curry doesn't like getting pushed to the side, leaves GSW by signing with a contender in the summer of 2017.

Nilocon165
07-27-2016, 04:07 PM
Please explain whats wrong with a man working hard to perfect his craft to the point where he becomes infinitely confident in his jump shot? Not like he rubs it in anyone's face. He's clearly having fun on the court. Stop hating! its okay to say you don't like him because you think he's too good but to say he's arrogant? c'mon, Curry is at the bottom of the list for arrogant players in the league.
Except for the crowd when he turns around and stares at them before the ball goes in.

He also occasionally stares at the opposing teams bench.

Maybe if he cut down on this and his gay little dances he does after hitting a 3 he wouldn't irritate people so much.

warriorfan
07-27-2016, 04:21 PM
Sarcastic is mad as hell :roll:

ScalsFan21
07-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Curry to me is not a villain, the media is just tryna shoehorn him into that role. He's probably one of the biggest class acts/best ambassadors for the game to ever reach his level of play. I think with Kobe gone and LeBron on the downside of 30, we're actively seeking who the next guy to "hate" will be and trying to make Steph fit that mold.

GS as a collective unit on the other hand? They ARE the villain, and Curry is the best player. I almost take the approach that so many Yankees haters took towards Jeter in his career: "I hate the Warriors....... but Steph's ok" :lol

Ca$H
07-27-2016, 04:45 PM
Except for the crowd when he turns around and stares at them before the ball goes in.

He also occasionally stares at the opposing teams bench.

Maybe if he cut down on this and his gay little dances he does after hitting a 3 he wouldn't irritate people so much.

The dancing isn't really taunting/disrespectful. He is just having fun. The staring thing kind of bothers me. I remember he did that to Ibaka. That is pretty arrogant and disrespectful. I'm a Curry fan and I wish he would stop doing that. Besides the staring thing his character is right up there with David Robinson.

scuzzy
07-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Cavs fans dont look at Curry as a villain

You have to be a playoff threat like Dray and Klay to be a villain

With Durant as the leader of GS and #1 option now, hes took on the Satanic role

The Durant vs Lebron rivalry will become what we all wanted it to be

Leagues #1 and #2 player :cheers:

Magic vs Bird :rockon:

Shaq vs Duncan :bowdown:

KD35 vs King :pimp:

Ca$H
07-27-2016, 05:21 PM
One scenario would be KD ends up taking a lot of Curry's shots this upcoming season. Curry doesn't like getting pushed to the side, leaves GSW by signing with a contender in the summer of 2017.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoZdlICXEAA3c-_.jpg

crisoner
07-27-2016, 05:33 PM
"We're better than Showtime Lakers"
"We don't care about the record" (then feverishly plays their hardest to get it)

His dad was in the Showtime Lakers. He was taking a shot at his Dad.

The record thing.....yeah he was lying. But who cares.

I don't like how he called out LeBron during the Finals as being a baby though.
That comment probably pissed Bron the f*ck off.

FatComputerNerd
07-27-2016, 05:56 PM
I don't hate him nor see him as a villain.

Facts are facts though. He won MVP, was the leader of arguably the greatest RS team of all time, but was outplayed by Kyrie in the finals, and made some very bad plays down the stretch.

Replace Curry w/ 2015 Delly and I bet the curse would remain unbroken.

P.S.: Kyrie > Curry

FireDavidKahn
07-27-2016, 05:57 PM
So LeBron, KG, Duncan, Kobe, Wade was always successful during pressure situations?
Curry shit on the biggest stage ever. He literally had the biggest choke job in history.

FireDavidKahn
07-27-2016, 05:59 PM
....He does by being a cocky shit who performs a dance after every shot.

Also, the mouthpiece incident.

Cone
07-27-2016, 06:10 PM
Cant believe how overrated this guy is. Cant ****ing believe people ACTUALLY thought he was even close to as good as LeBron.

Good riddance to that **** sucking fest.

Ca$H
07-27-2016, 06:12 PM
Curry shit on the biggest stage ever. He literally had the biggest choke job in history.

2011 Bran was worse since he was 100% healthy. Curry was 70% healthy at best.

Curry has been a shell of himself

Ca$H
07-27-2016, 06:14 PM

You're just mad because David Kahn drafted Rubio and Flynn over Curry. :lol

FireDavidKahn
07-27-2016, 06:23 PM
2011 Bran was worse since he was 100% healthy. Curry was 70% healthy at best.

Curry has been a shell of himself — missing shots, throwing away passes, losing his dribble, and completely unable to prove that there's Curry-esque agility in that knee. "He's playing at 70 percent, at best," a source close to Curry told The Vertical. Curry refuses to make excuses, but privately the Thunder see something —€“ no explosion, no ability to make the bigs switching onto him pay a price. Twenty points on 19 shots Tuesday night bore no resemblance to the two-time NBA Most Valuable Player.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/golden-state-warriors-stephen-curry-far-from-100-percent-healthy-052516
Bran didn't choke away a 3-1 lead as a 73 win team.

Throwing dumb passes and shooting bad is exactly what choking is.

FireDavidKahn
07-27-2016, 06:25 PM
You're just mad because David Kahn drafted Rubio and Flynn over Curry. :lol
Nope. Beyond that.

Every move that Kahn made has lead us to the talent we have now.

Uchmanmamba24
07-27-2016, 06:26 PM

Do you understand the meaning of cocky??

FireDavidKahn
07-27-2016, 06:26 PM
If you are healthy enough to step on the court, you can't use that as an excuse for shitty play.

A truly injured player is a detriment to the team if he plays.

FireDavidKahn
07-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Do you understand the meaning of cocky??
Do you English? Look at the part I underlined.

Originally Posted by Uchmanmamba24

Not like he rubs it in anyone's face.

He rubs it in everyone's face all the time.

Ca$H
07-27-2016, 06:37 PM
Bran didn't choke away a 3-1 lead as a 73 win team.

Throwing dumb passes and shooting bad is exactly what choking is.

Curry did choke to an extent but it wasn't close to 2011 Bran. Bran was 100% healthy. Wade and Bosh in the 2011 Finals was better than Klay and Draygod in the 2016 Finals. Bran was THE reason they lost. Draygod's suspension, Barnes playing like trash, and injuries to Curry, Bogut, and Iggy all contributed to the dubs losing. 73 wins is irrelevant. They were 15-9 in the playoffs.

FireDavidKahn
07-27-2016, 06:39 PM
Curry did choke to an extent but it wasn't close to 2011 Bran. Bran was 100% healthy. Wade and Bosh in the 2011 Finals was better than Klay and Draygod in the 2016 Finals. Bran was THE reason they lost. Draygod's suspension, Barnes playing like trash, and injuries to Curry, Bogut, and Iggy all contributed to the dubs losing. 73 wins is irrelevant. They were 15-9 in the playoffs.
Curry was on the floor.

Injury isn't a valid excuse.

Uchmanmamba24
07-27-2016, 06:48 PM
Curry was on the floor.

Injury isn't a valid excuse.
Dude its quite clear that you hate Curry. No one can have an objective discussion with you. Enjoy your Timberwolves and keep piling up the losing records:cheers:

tamaraw08
07-27-2016, 06:51 PM
Like a small child having fun in the playground. What a villain!

But he is not a small child, is he?
When one gyrates, shimmies etc, playing to the crowd, I'm celebrating bec those moves I just made were special, "I deserve this moment", he shows cockiness

Sarcastic
07-27-2016, 06:52 PM
His dad was in the Showtime Lakers. He was taking a shot at his Dad.

The record thing.....yeah he was lying. But who cares.

I don't like how he called out LeBron during the Finals as being a baby though.
That comment probably pissed Bron the f*ck off.

His dad was a role player off the bench. It would be like Shaun Livingston's son talking shit about the 16 Warriors. Just STFU with all the shit talking already.

Euroleague
07-27-2016, 06:55 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3oEjHIiR4O7b6z1oFa/200.gif

Never seen a more obnoxious little brat....

FireDavidKahn
07-27-2016, 06:55 PM
Dude its quite clear that you hate Curry. No one can have an objective discussion with you. Enjoy your Timberwolves and keep piling up the losing records:cheers:
LOL, based on what?

That I retell the fact that he had the biggest choke job in history?

It isn't hating if it's a fact.

warriorfan
07-27-2016, 07:01 PM
LOL, based on what?

That I retell the fact that he had the biggest choke job in history?

It isn't hating if it's a fact.

bro

you are having a meltdown

Uchmanmamba24
07-27-2016, 07:02 PM
Are y'all that sad in life? The posts on here are pretty disturbing tbh. Hating on a man for having fun while doing his job. C'mon guys, you all need to get out there, cheer up. jeez!:banghead:

Vancouver-Grizz
07-27-2016, 07:03 PM

Then you have not watched enough basketball...

FireDavidKahn
07-27-2016, 07:06 PM
Then you have not watched enough basketball...
Best regular season team in history
First unanimous MVP in history
blew a 3-1 lead

Context matters.

Any other choke job that is argued worse due to stats just doesn't understand what context is.

Euroleague
07-27-2016, 07:10 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/mWdaCK74QwWHK/200.gif

warriorfan
07-27-2016, 07:16 PM
blew a 3-1 lead

Context matters.

Any other choke job that is argued worse due to stats just doesn't understand what context is.

All context matters except for the fact that Curry was suffering from injury...

Sounds legit.

:lol

scuzzy
07-27-2016, 07:16 PM
blew a 3-1 lead

Context matters.

you forgot

- 3 teammates in current Rio Olympics
- 2 teammates All NBA Team
- 1 teammate DPOY runner up
- 6th man won previous FMVP
- Coach of the Year
- Best SG in the league (arguable)
- Best PF in the league (non-arguable)
- Best bench (adv + traditional stats)
- Home court advantage
- Lost final 2 out of 3 games at home
- Never lost 3 games in a row dating back 2 years (until 2016 Finals)

raprap
07-27-2016, 07:20 PM
Steph is cocky af but he's not really someone the casuals can hate on. He's from a Christian family, light skin and speaks like a 6th grader. KD fits the villain mold better.

Spurs m8
07-27-2016, 07:55 PM

LOL what a cringe inducing choking c*nt

CarlosBoozer
07-27-2016, 08:00 PM
People try to not hate on him because he's a christian and a family man yet he acts like a total d*ck on the court. Dude celebrates so much, I'm shocked no one has socked his face yet.

tpols
07-27-2016, 08:18 PM
LOL what a cringe inducing choking c*nt

hahah .. coming from kawhi thats a compliment.