PDA

View Full Version : Amar'e Stoudemire Agreed To Terms With EuroCup (Level Below EuroLeague) Club Hapoel

Euroleague
07-27-2016, 01:32 PM
It has been reported in European media that Amar'e Stoudemire has agreed to terms (that means that he has agreed to a contract, but has not passed a physical, and so it is not official yet).............

with Israeli EuroCup club Hapoel Jerusalem.

Hapoel Jerusalem plays in the EuroCup, which is the league level that is one tier below Euroleague. So, the 2nd tier level European league.

bdreason
07-27-2016, 01:44 PM
He's part owner of the team. Just using his name to promote his investment.

Euroleague
07-27-2016, 01:49 PM
He's part owner of the team. Just using his name to promote his investment.

Yeah, he is a part owner, but if I remember right, he only has like a 1 percent share or something like that.

And besides, they have a new arena and sell it out like every game, and they have a TV contract. So I don't see how him playing in the team (as a washed up has been) would have any financial benefit at all.

bdreason
07-27-2016, 02:09 PM
Yeah, he is a part owner, but if I remember right, he only has like a 1 percent share or something like that.

And besides, they have a new arena and sell it out like every game, and they have a TV contract. So I don't see how him playing in the team (as a washed up has been) would have any financial benefit at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frWc3cnj_t4

This is Jordan Farmar arriving in Israel to play basketball.

Amare Stoudemire will be rockstar in the Israeli league, regardless of his on-court contributions.

Euroleague
07-27-2016, 02:14 PM

Amare Stoudemire will be rockstar in the Israeli league, regardless of his on-court contributions.

Farmar was so bad with Maccabi that they cut him mid season for poor play.

You are showing Ugly American syndrome.

Rooster
07-27-2016, 04:07 PM

Amare will look like the Suns Amare. He will wreck the league with whatever athleticism left on him.

GOATbrook
07-27-2016, 04:12 PM

I really don't understand this. What are you trying to say? Europe have better fans than USA? Water is wet.

Amare will look like the Suns Amare. He will wreck the league with whatever athleticism left on him.
I really doubt that.

Hey Yo
07-27-2016, 04:17 PM
Order the rings.

Milbuck
07-27-2016, 04:18 PM
A completely washed up and broken down Amare retires from the NBA, now about to dominate Euroleague :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
07-27-2016, 04:20 PM
I really don't understand this. What are you trying to say? Europe have better fans than USA? Water is wet.

I really doubt that.

Get over yourselves, snobbish ****ing Europeans are the worst kind of people :facepalm

COMING FROM A EURO-AMERICAN.

GOATbrook
07-27-2016, 05:37 PM
Get over yourselves, snobbish ****ing Europeans are the worst kind of people :facepalm

COMING FROM A EURO-AMERICAN.
E moj sivonja, i tebi je amerika uni

scuzzy
07-27-2016, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=GOATbrook]E moj sivonja, i tebi je amerika uni

FireDavidKahn
07-27-2016, 06:12 PM
Damn, European basketball is shit. Where retired NBA players go to dominate because they can't even contribute in the NBA

Euroleague
07-27-2016, 06:44 PM
A completely washed up and broken down Amare retires from the NBA, now about to dominate Euroleague :oldlol:

I was already explained in the thread that the team he agreed with does not play in EuroLeague.

You are a ****ing retard.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/LBXeeU8PPpOWA/200.gif

Euroleague
07-27-2016, 06:46 PM
Damn, European basketball is shit. Where retired NBA players go to dominate because they can't even contribute in the NBA

If he signs, that is playing in a team in Europe's 2nd level (the level BELOW Euroleague) - like Europe's version of the D-League....

and the word is from the team that he would be their 3rd string center and 5th big man.

Yeah, being a 5th big man on a second tier European league............sure the hell is "dominating"...

retaxis
07-27-2016, 11:51 PM
About to build a statue of Amare in Israel soon. If scrub Parker can be the GOAT Euroleague player and give you nothing on the cavs then Amare is about to be the next messiah :P

Proctor
07-28-2016, 12:38 AM
If below average in their peak NBA players can become next level over there, safe to say Amare could average more there than his peak in the NBA. Easily. Great signing.

HylianNightmare
07-28-2016, 05:46 AM
Hope he plays well, seems kinda lame to retire and immediately play overseas but I get there's financial implications

r0drig0lac
07-28-2016, 08:50 AM
new euroleague goat :applause:

Euroleague
07-28-2016, 02:31 PM
If below average in their peak NBA players can become next level over there, safe to say Amare could average more there than his peak in the NBA. Easily. Great signing.

Stop spreading false myths.

And "over there" is very thinly veiled racism.

Euroleague
07-28-2016, 02:32 PM
new euroleague goat :applause:

That team does not play in Euroleague dumb ass.

Euroleague
07-28-2016, 02:33 PM
About to build a statue of Amare in Israel soon. If scrub Parker can be the GOAT Euroleague player and give you nothing on the cavs then Amare is about to be the next messiah :P

Parker is not the Euroleague GOAT.

The only place that is ever even mentioned is in the minds of delusional ISH trolls.

r0drig0lac
07-28-2016, 03:18 PM
That team does not play in Euroleague dumb ass.
new goat eurocup :applause:

bdreason
07-28-2016, 03:24 PM
I really don't understand this. What are you trying to say?

It's not hard to understand. I typed it out in plain text. Amare is joining a team he partly owns to bring extra attention to the club. It doesn't matter if he plays well or not.

gabepizza
07-28-2016, 05:44 PM
If he signs, that is playing in a team in Europe's 2nd level (the level BELOW Euroleague) - like Europe's version of the D-League....

and the word is from the team that he would be their 3rd string center and 5th big man.

Yeah, being a 5th big man on a second tier European league............sure the hell is "dominating"...

Lies, lies, lies.

Word from the team? What are you Donald Trump? Post link or it is another one of your many lies.

As for comparing Eurocup to D-league I really don't get. Why spread mis-information about basketball in Europe which you supposedly love?

Literally I guess it's like the d-league as it's the 2nd tier league but that's where the comparison end? Teams go back and forth between Euroleague and Eurocup all the time. The champions of Eurocup last year, Khimki, played in Euroleague this year and made the final 16.

So yes Eurocup is like D-league if the champions of D-league go into the NBA the next year and make the playoffs. :facepalm

Euroleague
07-28-2016, 10:05 PM
It's not hard to understand. I typed it out in plain text. Amare is joining a team he partly owns to bring extra attention to the club. It doesn't matter if he plays well or not.

That would be true. But the idea that he is going to be some God or generate huge revenue seems like a stretch to me. Even in the Israeli League, numerous ling time NBA players play there every season.

Euroleague
07-28-2016, 10:13 PM
Lies, lies, lies.

Word from the team? What are you Donald Trump? Post link or it is another one of your many lies.

As for comparing Eurocup to D-league I really don't get. Why spread mis-information about basketball in Europe which you supposedly love?

Literally I guess it's like the d-league as it's the 2nd tier league but that's where the comparison end? Teams go back and forth between Euroleague and Eurocup all the time. The champions of Eurocup last year, Khimki, played in Euroleague this year and made the final 16.

So yes Eurocup is like D-league if the champions of D-league go into the NBA the next year and make the playoffs. :facepalm

As for teams like Khimki being in Euroleague one season, then in Eurocup the next..............they CUT THEIR BUDGETS IN HALF when that happens.

Khimki or Lokomotiv in Euroleague last season, in Eurocup this season...their budgets got halved and almost their entire team rotation left, and their coaches left.

A team like UNICS that was in Eurocup last season, and now in Euroleague this season...they DOUBLED their budget.

As for making the top 16 of Euroleague...WOW BIG DEAL....

Newsflash, Euroleague only has 16 teams in the whole league now, since every year under the old format there were 4-5 teams that did not belong there and should have been in Eurocup, and then another 1-2 teams that could not compete against good Euroleague teams.

So they cut the league to 16 teams, in order to greatly increase the level of the competition.

Making the top 16 of Euroleague is irrelevant now, and already was in the last few years, which is why the Euroleague knew it had to trim down to 16 teams total, since the regular season had got loaded with so many inferior Eurocup level teams.

And talking about last year Euroleague and Eurocup....Milano and Maccabi did bad in Eurocup, and they had to change their priorities also for that new Euroleague franchise.

Milano DOUBLED its budget, and Maccbi increased their budget by 33%. So again, let's not pretend that Eurocup is in any way comparable to Euroleague.

Rooster
07-29-2016, 11:40 AM

Yeah he won't top the Deron Williams record breaking jersey retired but I think Anthony "Israeli Jordan" Parker won't be alone in his statue.:applause:

Lebron23
07-29-2016, 11:51 AM
I thought he retired.

Euroleague
07-31-2016, 09:59 AM
He signed. So he will play in 2nd tier level EuroCup and in Israeli League.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Eurocup/news/456469/Hapoel-Jerusalem-signs-Amare-Stoudemire

POSTED BY:
EUROBASKET NEWS

Hapoel Jerusalem (Winner League) signed experienced 34-year old American ex-international forward Amare Stoudemire (211-111kg-82). He played last season at Miami Heat in the NBA.

This is Hapoel Jerusalem's roster so far:

PG Curtis Jerrells/Jerome Dyson
SG Yotam Halperin/Bar Timor
SF Tarence Kinsey/Shawn Jones/Rafi Menco
PF Lior Eliyahu/
C Travis Peterson/Isaac Rosefelt/Amare Stoudemire

Coach: Simone Pianigiani

If they get another good PF, it looks like a team with a 50/50 chance to win the Israeli League.

K.dot ShowTime
07-31-2016, 10:53 AM
it's more than 50/50 even without him. Hapoel is the best team in the winner league.

Euroleague
07-31-2016, 12:09 PM
it's more than 50/50 even without him. Hapoel is the best team in the winner league.

Maccabi Tel Aviv's roster looks stronger, and they will definitely sign a couple of more players still.

The reason Hapoel would have a chance of beating Macabi, is the fact that they have a way better coach than Maccabi has.

They definitely don't have as good of a roster though.

And Amare is signed to be a help role player. That's it. He will be lucky to last more than 3 weeks before his knees give out anyway. Adding him did nothing to improve their team, so I am not sure what you mean by even without him. They could have signed much better players than Amare just from guys in the Israeli League.

Rooster
07-31-2016, 01:20 PM

Nate Robinson was dusting off some hopeless bums litting them up with 46 points in a playoff game last year. :bowdown:

I'll be disappointed if STAT can put up a half century mark. :(

He is like a flying eagle among pigeons.:oldlol:

Even the half of him should still be soaring above:rockon:

Proctor
07-31-2016, 01:25 PM
Nate Robinson was dusting off some hopeless bums litting them up with 46 points in a playoff game last year. :bowdown:

This makes Hapoel worth watching -- I have no doubt Amare will average 30/10 a game. It will feel eerie watching him dominate again.

AirTupac
07-31-2016, 01:46 PM
Jordan Farmar on Tel Mac team.

CAREER high 15 ppg (highest in the NBA was 10), 1.5 stpg, 5 rpg, 4 apg, on 50%.

Meanwhile on Championship Lakers he averaged

4 ppg on 40%, 1.2 rpb, 1.4 apg.

Euroleague
07-31-2016, 01:50 PM

Nate Robinson played on the 8th placed team in the Israeli League (8th place just of just 12 teams), and newsflash genius, his team lost that playoff series, as they got knocked off in the first round of the playoffs.

He averaged 16 points a game....not at all impressive for a league like the Israeli League, which is like around the 10 to 12 best national league in European system.

In fact, it was good for the 3rd leading scorer of his own team.

Nate Robinson also does not have two totally shot knees, and he is not a total has been and totally washed up like Amare.

Every single post you make here is a ridiculous troll.

Euroleague
07-31-2016, 01:58 PM

Farmar averaged 10.5 points a game in Israeli League

http://basket.co.il/TeamPage.asp?TeamId=950&cYear=2016&cView=3&lang=en

He averaged 8.9 points per game in Euroleague

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteam?clubcode=TEL&seasoncode=E2015#!stats

And in one Eurocup game (Eurocup is the level below Euroleague), he scored 5 points

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteam?clubcode=TEL&seasoncode=U2015#!stats

He then went to the Grizzlies in the NBA, and averaged 9.2 points per game

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/mem/seasontype/2/memphis-grizzlies

STOP TROLLING ASSHOLE

And notice that Dragan Bender (who also played on Maccabi) was the worst player of Maccabi, and was a scrub in all 3 leagues he played in..................good enough to be the 4th pick of the NBA draft though...................

r0drig0lac
07-31-2016, 01:59 PM
This makes Hapoel worth watching -- I have no doubt Amare will average 30/10 a game. It will feel eerie watching him dominate again.
:lol :applause:

AirTupac
07-31-2016, 01:59 PM
Farmar averaged 10.5 points a game in Israeli League

http://basket.co.il/TeamPage.asp?TeamId=950&cYear=2016&cView=3&lang=en

He averaged 8.9 points per game in Euroleague

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteam?clubcode=TEL&seasoncode=E2015#!stats

And in one Eurocup game (Eurocup is the level below Euroleague), he scored 5 points

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteam?clubcode=TEL&seasoncode=U2015#!stats

He then went to the Grizzlies in the NBA, and averaged 9.2 points per game

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/mem/seasontype/2/memphis-grizzlies

STOP TROLLING ASSHOLE

And notice that Dragan Bender was the worst player of Maccabi, and was a scrub in all 3 leagues he played in..................good enough to be the 4th pick of the NBA draft though...................

Bruh I literally got my stats off Euroleague site and wikipedia and ESPN.

First year in Macabbi = 15 ppg on 50% with 5rpb and almost 5 apg.

Lakers championship year = 4 ppg on 30%

Old Man River
07-31-2016, 02:13 PM
Nate Robinson played on the 8th placed team in the Israeli League (8th place just of just 12 teams), and newsflash genius, his team lost that playoff series, as they got knocked off in the first round of the playoffs.

He averaged 16 points a game....not at all impressive for a league like the Israeli League, which is like around the 10 to 12 best national league in European system.

In fact, it was good for the 3rd leading scorer of his own team.

Nate Robinson also does not have two totally shot knees, and he is not a total has been and totally washed up like Amare.

Every single post you make here is a ridiculous troll.
ruthless :rant

Euroleague
07-31-2016, 05:07 PM
Bruh I literally got my stats off Euroleague site and wikipedia and ESPN.

First year in Macabbi = 15 ppg on 50% with 5rpb and almost 5 apg.

Lakers championship year = 4 ppg on 30%

he never once averaged 15 points with Maccabi.

He averaged 7.2 points and 6.4 points the years the Lakers won championship.

Same stats that are listed on Euroleague and Wikipedia.

Which means you are a lying son of a bitch.

MiseryCityTexas
07-31-2016, 06:10 PM

Lol I remember when a past his prime Domique Wilkins dominated overseas ball easily.

gabepizza
07-31-2016, 06:14 PM
Could we stop this debate.

The Euroleague MVP last last year, yes MVP, was Nando De Colo who averaged 3.8 ppg in the NBA.

All Euroleague team honors.

Jan Vesely - 3.6 ppg in the NBA
Gustavo Ayon - 4.7 ppg in the NBA
Ekpe Udoh - 4 ppg in the NBA
Quincy Miller - 5.3 ppg in the NBA
Anthony Randolph - 7.1 ppg in the NBA
Malcolm Delaney - undrafted out of college

So Euroleague's best is a collection of scrubs. It's kind of sad if you think about it. I know every league can't be close to the nba in talent but that Euroleague has to trot these scrubs in front of paying audiences is just a travesty. Might as well watch people play on your local basketball court.

warriorfan
07-31-2016, 06:19 PM
did any you guys see stat in the last few years? I dont think he could put up 30 points against a folding chair

Milbuck
07-31-2016, 06:20 PM

The Euroleague MVP last last year, yes MVP, was Nando De Colo who averaged 3.8 ppg in the NBA.

So Euroleague's best is a collection of scrubs. It's kind of sad if you think about it. I know every league can't be close to the nba in talent but that Euroleague has to trot these scrubs in front of paying audiences is just a travesty. Might as well watch people play on your local basketball court.http://i68.tinypic.com/rwnogm.jpg

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Rooster
07-31-2016, 07:56 PM

They called him Michael Jordan Farmar:bowdown:

STAT will be Black Messiah:bowdown:

Rooster
07-31-2016, 08:01 PM

So Euroleague's best is a collection of scrubs. It's kind of sad if you think about it. I know every league can't be close to the nba in talent but that Euroleague has to trot these scrubs in front of paying audiences is just a travesty. Might as well watch people play on your local basketball court.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Burn baby burn :roll:

Our tomato cans are national treasures in Europe.:confusedshrug:

Euroleague
07-31-2016, 08:53 PM

No they did not you lying idiot. YOU CALLED HIM THAT, AND YOU MADE UP THE CLAIM HE WAS CALLED THAT.

He was actually called "Ear Jordan", because of his ridiculous looking ears.

You took his "Ear Jordan" nickname in Europe, and lied and claimed they were calling him "Michael Jordan Farmar".

Just one of your numerous LIES here.

And "Ear Jordan" was cut by Maccabi for poor play, so that just further proves your endless amount of bullshit.

But hey, after Maccabi cut him, he was immediately a rotation player in the NBA with Memphis.....

He went from getting cut by a 2nd tier European team in Eurocup, to an NBA rotation player instantly. So typical.

Euroleague
07-31-2016, 08:54 PM
Lol I remember when a past his prime Domique Wilkins dominated overseas ball easily.

You mean when he lost 3-1 in the Greek League Finals, and got totally dominated by Georgios Sigalas.....yeah those were good times.

Euroleague
07-31-2016, 08:56 PM

And these so-called "scrub" teams beat NBA teams numerous times every single year.....

While every single year NBA rotation players go to Europe and suck, and every single year scrubs and has beens from Europe go to the NBA and instantly become rotation players.

But in your delusional mind, none of that ever happens.
And Delaney is in the NBA right now, so I guess "undrafted out of college" is good enough for the NBA and its POS level of competition.

Euroleague
07-31-2016, 08:58 PM
did any you guys see stat in the last few years? I dont think he could put up 30 points against a folding chair

The combined IQs of people like Rooster, gabepizza, and Milbuck is about 70.

Euroleague
07-31-2016, 09:00 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/rwnogm.jpg

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Giannis Antetokounmpo =

9.6 points a game in Greece's D-League

could never even make it to the Greece's top professional level, let alone even dream of playing in a league like Euroleague.

= the 6 to 7 best player on Greece's under-20 national team

= the 6-7 best player on Greece in 2014 and 2015

= the worst player Greece had in 2016 (and it was not even close, even his brother was much better)

Giannis Antetokounmpo =

NBA franchise player........................

:lol :oldlol:

gabepizza
07-31-2016, 09:26 PM
And these so-called "scrub" teams beat NBA teams numerous times every single year.....

While every single year NBA rotation players go to Europe and suck, and every single year scrubs and has beens from Europe go to the NBA and instantly become rotation players.

But in your delusional mind, none of that ever happens.
And Delaney is in the NBA right now, so I guess "undrafted out of college" is good enough for the NBA and its POS level of competition.

Beat NBA numerous times every year. :roll: :lol :roll: :lol :oldlol: :D

If you're talking about the exhibition games Euroleague is 6-31 against NBA teams the past 10 years. Yes 6-31 here is the link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_played_between_NBA_and_international _teams

D-League teams would do better against NBA teams, teams of throwaways and scrubs would do better agains NBA teams (wait you may say aren't Euroleague teams made of scrubs and throwaways? No! Remember the scurbs and the throwaways form the all-Euroleague teams, their MVPs and Final 4 MVPs. Regular Euroleague teams are teams that would get their assess handed to them on any playground court or YMCA)

Wake me up when Delaney makes all NBA first team. I'm not saying that you can't make the NBA undrafted but he was all-Euroleague 1st team. Let's see how he does in the NBA.

Milbuck
07-31-2016, 09:44 PM
Giannis Antetokounmpo =

9.6 points a game in Greece's D-League

could never even make it to the Greece's top professional level, let alone even dream of playing in a league like Euroleague.

= the 6 to 7 best player on Greece's under-20 national team

= the 6-7 best player on Greece in 2014 and 2015

= the worst player Greece had in 2016 (and it was not even close, even his brother was much better)

Giannis Antetokounmpo =

franchise player

Giannis Antetokounmpo in the best basketball league in the world (NBA) = 17/8/4 on 51% FG at 20-21 years old

Vassilis Spanoulis in that same league = 2.7ppg on 32% FG

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Iceman#44
08-01-2016, 08:03 AM
The corpse of Nique Wilkins and mcadoo dominated euroleague!

ZMonkey11
08-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Farmar was so bad with Maccabi that they cut him mid season for poor play.

You are showing Ugly American syndrome.

I used to respect you as a poster man. Even though people kept piling up on you about EuroLeague, you stayed strong and posted facts.

Then, something happened the last two years. You let these ISH trolls, the same ones that talk about gobbling **** as a comeback, get to you.

And now. This is you. Get back to the way you were man. You are above this. **** the trolls, don't become one.

Euroleague
08-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Beat NBA numerous times every year. :roll: :lol :roll: :lol :oldlol: :D

If you're talking about the exhibition games Euroleague is 6-31 against NBA teams the past 10 years. Yes 6-31 here is the link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_played_between_NBA_and_international _teams

D-League teams would do better against NBA teams, teams of throwaways and scrubs would do better agains NBA teams (wait you may say aren't Euroleague teams made of scrubs and throwaways? No! Remember the scurbs and the throwaways form the all-Euroleague teams, their MVPs and Final 4 MVPs. Regular Euroleague teams are teams that would get their assess handed to them on any playground court or YMCA)

Wake me up when Delaney makes all NBA first team. I'm not saying that you can't make the NBA undrafted but he was all-Euroleague 1st team. Let's see how he does in the NBA.

STOP LYING

The record is not 6-31, you totally made that up.

Euroleague
08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
I used to respect you as a poster man. Even though people kept piling up on you about EuroLeague, you stayed strong and posted facts.

Then, something happened the last two years. You let these ISH trolls, the same ones that talk about gobbling **** as a comeback, get to you.

And now. This is you. Get back to the way you were man. You are above this. **** the trolls, don't become one.

It is a fact that Jordan Farmar was cut by Maccabi due to poor play last season.

That is a fact. It happened.

Euroleague
08-01-2016, 12:15 PM
It's official now:

http://hapoel.co.il/en/article/1053

Amar’e Stoudemire joins Hapoel Jerusalem!
Six-time NBA All-Star Amar’e Stoudemire joins Hapoel Jerusalem!

Hapoel Jerusalem Basketball Club announced today that six-time NBA All-Star Amar’e Stoudemire is joining the team on a two-year deal.

stalkerforlife
08-01-2016, 12:36 PM
EuroLeague, how's Nick Calathes doing? He's one of my favorite Gators and I always saw him as a solid NBA player. I hear the Kings may want him.

I don't get why he's not in the league other than racism, but maybe you know more.

FKAri
08-01-2016, 01:16 PM
The NBA is a joke league with inferior players (mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually).

Euroleague is the only basketball league worth discussing.

I bow down to my European overlords. I pray and hope that one day I can be deemed worthy to kiss your finely crafted Italian boots.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Rooster
08-01-2016, 02:07 PM
EuroLeague, how's Nick Calathes doing? He's one of my favorite Gators and I always saw him as a solid NBA player. I hear the Kings may want him.

I don't get why he's not in the league other than racism, but maybe you know more.

Euroleague 2nd Leading Assist with 6.4:bowdown:

11th Euroleague highest paid player:applause:

Forcefully retired VSpan in Greek National Team as a mercenary:applause:

Looks like he's relevant over there:bowdown:

Euroleague
08-01-2016, 02:50 PM

Yeah the Kings wanted him, and he wanted to leave Panathinaikos to sign with the Kings. But he could not afford the to pay the buyout and take such a gigantic pay cut.

He makes about $5 million a year (in how NBA counts salary) in Panathinaikos, and the Kings just offered the NBA minimum.

So he's not in the NBA because he makes way, way, way more money in Europe.

Anyway, on the question of how is he doing.....not good. In fact awful, just absolutely awful.

He's considered the biggest bust signing in Euroleague, and people in Europe just laugh at him, as he is seen as being the worst rotation point guard in Euroleague.

He's awful in Euroleague, he's awful in Greek League, he's awful in Greek national team.....super mega awful in Greek national team.

He can't score, he can't shoot, he can't even make free throws.

In all honesty, he should be playing in Eurocup (2nd level European league), and not in Euroleague.

Euroleague
08-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Euroleague 2nd Leading Assist with 6.4:bowdown:

11th Euroleague highest paid player:applause:

Forcefully retired VSpan in Greek National Team as a mercenary:applause:

Looks like he's relevant over there:bowdown:

Spanoulis did not retire from Greek national team. It's well known than him and Zisis quit because of the awful coach and the horrific federation president.

It's no secret that they will be back in the national team, if a competent federation president is hired.

No real European basketball star is going to be involved with Greece's national team as long as its incredibly ridiculous president remains in control.

NLZ
08-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Spanoulis did not retire from Greek national team. It's well known than him and Zisis quit because of the awful coach and the horrific federation president.

It's no secret that they will be back in the national team, if a competent federation president is hired.

No real European basketball star is going to be involved with Greece's national team as long as its incredibly ridiculous president remains in control.

http://prnt.sc/c0ce4o

Above 10% winning, gj Euroleague :rockon:

r0drig0lac
08-01-2016, 03:15 PM

:bowdown:

gabepizza
08-01-2016, 03:26 PM
STOP LYING

The record is not 6-31, you totally made that up.

lol I posted the link right there to show 6-31 :facepalm

Here is is again 6-31

bdreason
08-01-2016, 05:18 PM

Here is is again 6-31

You realize Euroleague's old nickname (when he was Lakersfanyo) was NoLinksYo.

Euroleague
08-02-2016, 03:17 PM

Here is is again 6-31

It's not 6-31 you freaking liar. And the link you posted even proves that idiot.

You are counting ALL games NBA teams played against international teams. Most of those teams are not from the Euroleague you ****ing moron.

Euroleague
08-02-2016, 03:18 PM
You realize Euroleague's old nickname (when he was Lakersfanyo) was NoLinksYo.

The link the mega troll gabepizza posted shows that he is lying. He is counting ALL games played against all teams in the world as Euroleague teams.

Even the link he posted proves him wrong, and that he is lying.

Of course, you would not bother to take 10 seconds to confirm if what he said was true or not, because you are also a lying troll.

scuzzy
08-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Euroleague, i need some advice

In highschool right now, division 1 and am getting recruited by local colleges. But i was thinking of moving to Spain or Greese and just be a walk-on for euroball. What do you think?

gabepizza
08-02-2016, 03:57 PM
The link the mega troll gabepizza posted shows that he is lying. He is counting ALL games played against all teams in the world as Euroleague teams.

Even the link he posted proves him wrong, and that he is lying.

Of course, you would not bother to take 10 seconds to confirm if what he said was true or not, because you are also a lying troll.

Here is a link for NBA teams vs Euroleague teams. Read it and weep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_versus_EuroLeague_games

I count 37-7

HylianNightmare
08-02-2016, 05:22 PM

Euroleagues treasures are nba trash. What a life

Euroleague
08-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Euroleague, i need some advice

In highschool right now, division 1 and am getting recruited by local colleges. But i was thinking of moving to Spain or Greese and just be a walk-on for euroball. What do you think?

You have to actually go to a summer league camp for European basketball...get an agent, get teams that actually want to sign you.

And teams from Spain and Greece will never sign a teenager from USA straight out of high school.

So you would have to play somewhere else (in a league that is pretty minor level for Europe).

I would suggest definitely going to 4 years of NCAA if you ever want a contract in Spain or Greece, even from their 2nd tier leagues.

Euroleague
08-03-2016, 04:47 PM
Here is a link for NBA teams vs Euroleague teams. Read it and weep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_versus_EuroLeague_games

I count 37-7

Well, you counted wrong.

gabepizza
08-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Well, you counted wrong.

I'm not going to put every game (they're in the link) but i'll break it down.

2015 - 3-1
2014 - 2-1
2013 - 2-1
2012 - 6-2
2010 - 5-2
2009 - 7-0
2008 - 5-0
2007 - 8-2

SO that's 38-9. With a 19 game win streak (included in that winning streak a 4-0 record against Olympiacos & Panathinaikos with an average margin of victory of 24 points!):lol

This is my favorite one. When the defending Euroleague champions Panathinaikos came to Houston and got blown out by 37 points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVabTr_Roxw

Euroleague
08-04-2016, 09:07 PM
I'm not going to put every game (they're in the link) but i'll break it down.

2015 - 3-1
2014 - 2-1
2013 - 2-1
2012 - 6-2
2010 - 5-2
2009 - 7-0
2008 - 5-0
2007 - 8-2

SO that's 38-9. With a 19 game win streak (included in that winning streak a 4-0 record against Olympiacos & Panathinaikos with an average margin of victory of 24 points!):lol

This is my favorite one. When the defending Euroleague champions Panathinaikos came to Houston and got blown out by 37 points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVabTr_Roxw

So now 8 years becomes 10 years.....

Why don't you just start from the last decade, since before that the games had mixed rules, well since 2003 they are under NBA rules, but in 2010 onward they stopped allowing zone defense, one caveat they had before that.

Under pure NBA rules.....

7-18

And why is it that NBA teams now only agree to play against Euroleague teams under pure NBA rules, and also insists on 3 NBA refs in all games in USA/Canada, and even the games in Europe, just one Euroleague ref is allowed, but the other two refs have to be NBA refs?

Why is that the case? I mean since these NBA teams are supposedly so superior.....

And you mention a 19 game win streak for NBA, but the NBA's record is 17-7 since that time (since the rules went all NBA).

You are greatly exageratting NBA success, because you want to pretend things that happened many years ago are still relevant.

Even 10 years ago only 3 teams in Europe had a $15 million budget.....now over 20 teams have a budget like that, probably near to 30 teams. Yet you want to pretend the level of basketball is the same now as then. It's pathetic and you know it.

For example, just recently in 9 games, NBA was 5-4 against Euroleague.....did you mention that? No.

Euroleague had a solid record simply because a couple of decent teams were allowed to play and they tried to make the home and away more even.

NBA immediately responded back with easy games, against poor level Euroleague teams, and more games at home for NBA teams.

You also mention Panathinaikos and Olympiacos....what is truly HILARIOUS is that every year the owners of those clubs ask the NBA to let a team play in Athens, and EVERY year (since 2007), the NBA refuses.

Similarly, for years the Belgrade Euroleague teams (first Partizan and now Red Star) have asked for an NBA game in Belgrade, and they too have been denied every single time.

The NBA somehow manages to constantly play games in Istanbul against Fener (weak home arena advantage and fans do nothing but clap and most root for NBA teams), in Milan against Olimpia Milano (where fans are rooting for the NBA teams), and in Barcelona, not even at Barca's home arena, and not even allowing ticket holders of Barca to go to the games (the fans at those games are 50/50 cheering for NBA/clapping here and there for Barca).

So strange how the NBA absolutely REFUSES to play in big media markets like Belgrade and Athens, in countries where basketball is hugely popular (Serbia and Greece), in huge arenas that will be sold out, and where millions and millions will tune in to watch the games on TV......

Nope, the NBA wants to play in freaking Milan, where literally no one gives a shit.

How odd....could it be perhaps that it';s because the NBA is scared shitless of having one of their teams actually have to play in an arena like SEF, OAKA, or Kombank? Could it be that the NBA is scared shitlesss, of one of their teams actually having to play a real road game against a crowd that is actually rooting against them and actually supporting the home team?

Funny indeed, because the NBA has no problem making sure it schedules plenty of games against Euroleague teams in USA/Canada, where the crowds are 99.9% totally for the NBA teams.

The NBA is considered a joke and laughing stock to a lot of European basketball fans just off the fact that it is afraid of playing a game in Belgrade and Athens.

Finger Roll
08-05-2016, 04:53 AM
This has been highly entertaining to read.

Euroleague, your arguments against the NBA and how it's apparently perceived as a joke and what not are lot harder to accept when you give it no credit at all... You don't have to like it and neither do the the nations of people across Europe you speak for... but fighting so hard for every point you make and discrediting others shouldn't be necessary to prove something.

Give up the Giannis point you always bring up, I'm sure Greece wasn't utilizing him the way he's learned to figure out his strengths in the NBA. Hardly fair to compare him as such a young player trying to fit his different style into a national team.

I remember when the Raptors signed free agent Euroleague MVP Anthony Parker. Always liked that guy. Real question-- has there been anyone else with good success like Parker had in his career going between leagues? He was drafted 1st round NBA, didnt do much for a couple years, went to Europe, figured it out, had success there and made his way back as very solid starter again.... he has to be up there

Euroleague
08-05-2016, 05:50 PM
This has been highly entertaining to read.

Euroleague, your arguments against the NBA and how it's apparently perceived as a joke and what not are lot harder to accept when you give it no credit at all... You don't have to like it and neither do the the nations of people across Europe you speak for... but fighting so hard for every point you make and discrediting others shouldn't be necessary to prove something.

Give up the Giannis point you always bring up, I'm sure Greece wasn't utilizing him the way he's learned to figure out his strengths in the NBA. Hardly fair to compare him as such a young player trying to fit his different style into a national team.

I remember when the Raptors signed free agent Euroleague MVP Anthony Parker. Always liked that guy. Real question-- has there been anyone else with good success like Parker had in his career going between leagues? He was drafted 1st round NBA, didnt do much for a couple years, went to Europe, figured it out, had success there and made his way back as very solid starter again.... he has to be up there

I never said I hate the NBA. I just am pointing out how ridiculous some of the NBA only fan troll comments are about Euroleague.

As far as Antetokounmpo goes....he's had 4 years now with Greece's national team, and he's been awful every time. He can't shoot, he can't score in half court against a set defense, and he can't dribble.

And Greece tried time after time after time to put the ball in his hands and let him run the offense, and he was so awful at it that they had to stop after the 1st quarter every time. Because he can't dribble without traveling or palming the ball.

They let him get away with 50 travels/palming violations a game in the NBA. but that's not allowed in FIBA basketball. He's simply incapable of handling the ball without being able to travel and palm it.

gabepizza
08-05-2016, 07:05 PM
So now 8 years becomes 10 years.....

Why don't you just start from the last decade, since before that the games had mixed rules, well since 2003 they are under NBA rules, but in 2010 onward they stopped allowing zone defense, one caveat they had before that.

Under pure NBA rules.....

7-18

And why is it that NBA teams now only agree to play against Euroleague teams under pure NBA rules, and also insists on 3 NBA refs in all games in USA/Canada, and even the games in Europe, just one Euroleague ref is allowed, but the other two refs have to be NBA refs?

Why is that the case? I mean since these NBA teams are supposedly so superior.....

And you mention a 19 game win streak for NBA, but the NBA's record is 17-7 since that time (since the rules went all NBA).

You are greatly exageratting NBA success, because you want to pretend things that happened many years ago are still relevant.

Even 10 years ago only 3 teams in Europe had a $15 million budget.....now over 20 teams have a budget like that, probably near to 30 teams. Yet you want to pretend the level of basketball is the same now as then. It's pathetic and you know it.

For example, just recently in 9 games, NBA was 5-4 against Euroleague.....did you mention that? No.

Euroleague had a solid record simply because a couple of decent teams were allowed to play and they tried to make the home and away more even.

NBA immediately responded back with easy games, against poor level Euroleague teams, and more games at home for NBA teams.

You also mention Panathinaikos and Olympiacos....what is truly HILARIOUS is that every year the owners of those clubs ask the NBA to let a team play in Athens, and EVERY year (since 2007), the NBA refuses.

Similarly, for years the Belgrade Euroleague teams (first Partizan and now Red Star) have asked for an NBA game in Belgrade, and they too have been denied every single time.

The NBA somehow manages to constantly play games in Istanbul against Fener (weak home arena advantage and fans do nothing but clap and most root for NBA teams), in Milan against Olimpia Milano (where fans are rooting for the NBA teams), and in Barcelona, not even at Barca's home arena, and not even allowing ticket holders of Barca to go to the games (the fans at those games are 50/50 cheering for NBA/clapping here and there for Barca).

So strange how the NBA absolutely REFUSES to play in big media markets like Belgrade and Athens, in countries where basketball is hugely popular (Serbia and Greece), in huge arenas that will be sold out, and where millions and millions will tune in to watch the games on TV......

Nope, the NBA wants to play in freaking Milan, where literally no one gives a shit.

How odd....could it be perhaps that it';s because the NBA is scared shitless of having one of their teams actually have to play in an arena like SEF, OAKA, or Kombank? Could it be that the NBA is scared shitlesss, of one of their teams actually having to play a real road game against a crowd that is actually rooting against them and actually supporting the home team?

Funny indeed, because the NBA has no problem making sure it schedules plenty of games against Euroleague teams in USA/Canada, where the crowds are 99.9% totally for the NBA teams.

The NBA is considered a joke and laughing stock to a lot of European basketball fans just off the fact that it is afraid of playing a game in Belgrade and Athens.

5-4? Now that's you lying. Let's take for example the last two years then. The NBA is 6-2

October 5th 2014 Cleveland Cavaliers 107–80 Maccabi Tel Aviv
October 7th 2014 Brooklyn Nets 111–94 Maccabi Tel Aviv
October 8th 2014 San Antonio Spurs 93–94 Alba Berlin
October 11th, 2014 San Antonio Spurs 96–90 Fenerbah