PDA

View Full Version : Kareem-Abdul Jabbar speech at the DNC.

Springsteen
07-29-2016, 03:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX7V-cegdLo

Pretty short, but moving. If you can't bother watching for 3 minutes here's the transcript.

"I'm Michael Jordan, and I'm here with Hillary. I said that because I know that Donald Trump couldn't tell the difference. [Laughter]

Good evening, everyone, I’m Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and I’m here to tell you about Captain Humayan Khan, who was one of 14 American Muslim soldiers who have died in combat serving the United States since 9/11. His family immigrated to the United States from the United Arab Emirates, where Captain Khan was born. The first place they visited upon arriving in America was the Jefferson Memorial. The words engraved there read, “I have sworn upon the alter of God eternal, hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

Donald Trump's idea to register Muslims and prevent them from entering our country is the very tyranny Jefferson abhorred. In 1777, Jefferson drafted the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, which later became a model for the First Amendment.

Today, so-called Religious Freedom Acts, like the one signed by Governor Mike Pence of Indiana, they are the opposite of what Jefferson wanted because they allow discrimination. And at its core, discrimination is a result of fear.

Those who think Americans scare easily, enough to abandon our country's ideals in exchange for a false sense of security, underestimate our resolve. To them, we say only this: not here, not ever. Thank you."

feyki
07-29-2016, 09:00 AM
Origin of Khan is Khagan . And it's Turkic name . Why Indians and now Arabs using it ? :coleman:

pauk
07-29-2016, 09:09 AM
:applause:

Jasper
07-29-2016, 09:12 AM
A Lew Alcinder
civil rights are civil rights
Makes things nice for you

SilkkTheShocker
07-29-2016, 09:23 AM
Democrats are the scum of the planet.

CavsLebronMo
07-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Race baiting bs. Trump can't recognize KAJ from MJ because they're both black? How clever.

lilteapot
07-29-2016, 09:41 AM
Origin of Khan is Khagan . And it's Turkic name . Why Indians and now Arabs using it ? :coleman:
Why does it matter?

feyki
07-29-2016, 09:48 AM
Why does it matter?

I don't want a mixed world .

lilteapot
07-29-2016, 10:23 AM

So you're a racist nazi sack of shit?

SilkkTheShocker
07-29-2016, 10:42 AM

Probably the only smart thing you have ever posted on this board. Congrats. :applause:

feyki
07-29-2016, 10:45 AM
So you're a racist nazi sack of shit?

:facepalm

Every nation has great beauties inside them . Losing all the cultural values and turning a one type person isn't good for humanity .

nathanjizzle
07-29-2016, 10:48 AM
:facepalm

Every nation has great beauties inside them . Losing all the cultural values and turning a one type person isn't good for humanity .

who are you to decide whats good for humanity? you think you are god when you are just another imbecile human who has a grandeur complex.

SilkkTheShocker
07-29-2016, 10:52 AM
who are you to decide whats good for humanity? you think you are god when you just are another imbecile human who has a grandeur complex.

Absolutely rich coming from some liberal deadbeat. Glad you found time in between sleeping in until 3pm and sucking off a rape-u-gee, to post that piece of s.hit response. Kill yourself.

nathanjizzle
07-29-2016, 11:01 AM
Absolutely rich coming from some liberal deadbeat. Glad you found time in between sleeping in until 3pm and sucking off a rape-u-gee, to post that piece of s.hit response. Kill yourself.

another imbecile human.

feyki
07-29-2016, 11:03 AM
who are you to decide whats good for humanity? you think you are god when you are just another imbecile human who has a grandeur complex.

Decide what ? It's just my vision about the world and people . Calm down .