PDA

View Full Version : Most Polarizing Players

Stringer Bell
07-29-2016, 05:29 PM
Obviously LeBron and Kobe are up there, but even with their fanatical cult followers bickering over who is better, everyone with a half a brain recognizes that both are great players.

Is anyone more polarizing than Iverson when it comes to people talking about how good/valuable he is to a team? There's a lot of extremes when it comes to AI. People bringing up him leading the 2001 Sixers to the title and his scoring and commanding of defensive attention, while others say he was an inefficient cancer and his style was not conducive to winning.

Who are the most polarizing players when it comes to people actually debating on how much of an asset he is to a team?

Kvnzhangyay
07-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Chris Paul, Carmelo

SouBeachTalents
07-29-2016, 05:32 PM
You could argue Wilt & Russell, obviously most consider them all time greats, but you still see Wilt's stats & Russell's titles consistently questioned and disminished by the era they played in

NBAGOAT
07-29-2016, 05:46 PM
Carmelo is up there. I say currently it's definitely Westbrook even I think it's pretty obvious he's a huge positive for his team/

red1
07-29-2016, 05:57 PM
westbrook
melo
rose
green

HoopDreams247
07-30-2016, 07:35 AM
Jeremy Lin - most overrated underrated player
Howard
Cousins
Griffin is getting there

KiiiiNG
07-30-2016, 05:54 PM
Not gonna answer your gay question, but here are the most polarizing basketball figures in history:

Wilt
Magic
Bird
Jordan
Shaq
Durant
Iverson
LeBron

Stringer Bell
07-30-2016, 06:08 PM
Carmelo is up there. I say currently it's definitely Westbrook even I think it's pretty obvious he's a huge positive for his team/

Those two are up there, especially Westbrook

SexSymbol
07-30-2016, 06:55 PM
Chris Paul, Carmelo
not at all.

Barkley was polarizing and is really close to the definition OP put up.
Wilt, Moses Malone also are in that category.
Then there's more recent names like Tmac and Carter, who had been cultural icons, but couldn't live up to the hype.

BlkMambaGOAT
07-30-2016, 06:59 PM
AI

Considered one of the GOAT guards

or a very inefficient Chucker.