PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on this Michael Jordan article?

Dray n Klay
08-01-2016, 04:31 PM
http://tinyurl.com/zmy7zhw

Interesting article about Michael Jordan written in 1993. It describes his racking up of gambling debts while on the golf course.

Apparently MJ crossed a convicted cocaine dealer called Slim Bouler and lost $57,000 to him over some bets, and he mentioned he overheard MJ mentioning point spreads over the phone.

The article also mentions how James R. Jordan (Michael's Father) plays into this.

"The surest and most vicious way to hurt Michael Jordan was always to hurt James Jordan.

James was Michael, without the disrespect for gravity. He was just as bald, charming, cocky, and effortlessly glib. He was not just Michael's dad but his best friend and business partner. He appeared with Michael in a likably naughty Hanes underwear commercial."

Nilocon165
08-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Not funny anymore.

Quit the troll shit or go back into retirement.

Dray n Klay
08-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Not funny anymore.

Quit the troll shit or go back into retirement.

Says the guy who spent WEEKS propping up LeBron while hating on Kobe, and Curry just to PRAY that we invite you to the LeBron fam.

You're entire ISH career has been being our lapdog and bowing to our every request in the faintest hope that we invite you in the family. :oldlol: :lol

We used you and now are throwing you in the trash like a back alley hooker

Your ISH career has amounted to nothing, no wonder you're mad.

OUCH

:hammertime:

Nilocon165
08-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Says the guy who spent WEEKS propping up LeBron while hating on Kobe, and Curry just to PRAY that we invite you to the LeBron fam.

You're entire ISH career has been being our lapdog and bowing to our every request in the faintest hope that we invite you in the family. :oldlol: :lol

OUCH

meltdown

warriorfan
08-01-2016, 05:40 PM

OUCH

This is an example of a textbook meltdown

scuzzy
08-01-2016, 05:51 PM

OUCH

:roll: :roll: :roll:

K Xerxes
08-01-2016, 06:01 PM
He's not a politician, he's an athlete. I don't give a shit about his gambling or what he was like as a human being - he's the greatest basketball player ever regardless.

Sarcastic
08-01-2016, 06:41 PM
I think Delonte West should have used protection with Gloria James, and if he had he would probably still be in the NBA.

LostCause
08-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Why should anyone care?

Concerning yourself over gossip and rumors pertaining to another man and how he lives his life is petty and embarrassing. Judging by your avatar you seem to embrace this role, though. Do you also subscribe to TMZ and Keeping up with the Kardashians?

Jordan's not a politician. Grow up, fam

(Judging by your posts about "ISH career", I doubt it'll register to you how pathetic it is)

Smoke117
08-01-2016, 08:28 PM
OP is a fakkot

Naero
08-01-2016, 08:40 PM
:oldlol:

Who cares about one's off-the-court antics decades ago on a basketball forums?

The only reason you "care" is because you probably know that's probably already too late for LeBron to eclipse his on-the-court legacy; therefore, all you can do is sully his image either with off-the-court blackmarks or facile bs (a la 1-9).

You're the type of person who cares more about the miscreant the misdeed than the misdeed itself.

Dray n Klay
08-01-2016, 08:42 PM
This message is hidden because Naero is on your ignore list.

KiiiiNG
08-01-2016, 09:13 PM

The only reason you "care" is because you probably know that's probably already too late for LeBron to eclipse his on-the-court legacy; therefore, all you can do is sully his image either with off-the-court blackmarks or facile bs (a la 1-9).

You're the type of person who cares more about the miscreant the misdeed than the misdeed itself.
Remember how you stanned for Curry all playoffs, only to disappear after his colossal choke-job in the finals? :roll: :roll: :roll:

The minuscule amount of credibility you had is forever vanished. :lol

InsanityKills
08-01-2016, 09:16 PM

OUCH

NO MERCY!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Welcome back Dray n Klay!!

Mr Feeny
08-01-2016, 11:11 PM

You're the type of person who cares more about the miscreant the misdeed than the misdeed itself.I don't get it. What is it with this guy and his obsession with a guy's off-the-court hobbies? It's getting tedious. This is just bizarre.

Bawkish
08-02-2016, 12:10 AM
OP's obsession to MJ is somewhat disturbing

hateraid
08-02-2016, 12:23 AM
OP's obsession to MJ is somewhat disturbing

Obsession or maybe a reality check that you Jordan stans can't handle?

Jordaneers have no problem calling Kobe a rapist or throw out Delonte references, but the moment brings up Jordan's gambling scandals it's an obsession....

Bawkish
08-02-2016, 12:42 AM
Obsession or maybe a reality check that you Jordan stans can't handle?

Jordaneers have no problem calling Kobe a rapist or throw out Delonte references, but the moment brings up Jordan's gambling scandals it's an obsession....

i don't know if you're quoting me personally as a stan who calling Kobe rapist jokes or Delonte Lebron jokes. Feel free to check my posting history as i never stooped that low. Every stan is as stupid as the next one and i for one don't consent nor defend that kind of fanboyism. Any snide i threw out whether for Kobe or Lebron has got nothin to do on personal level & all about basketball related topics.

hateraid
08-02-2016, 12:54 AM
i don't know if you're quoting me personally as a stan who calling Kobe rapist jokes or Delonte Lebron jokes. Feel free to check my posting history as i never stooped that low. Every stan is as stupid as the next one and i for one don't consent nor defend that kind of fanboyism. Any snide i threw out whether for Kobe or Lebron has got nothin to do on personal level & all about basketball related topics.
My bad for assuming you were a Jordaneer :cheers:
But to be fair if you call OP obsessed then comment in regards to Kobe and Lebron need to be equally addressed