PDA

View Full Version : Lebron responsible for Wade leaving Miami?

JT123
08-01-2016, 09:07 PM
Wade went on vacation and spoke with LeBron James and Chris Paul about his predicament.

Wade, via ESPN:

[I][COLOR="Red"]They was in disbelief that I didn

TylerOO
08-01-2016, 09:10 PM
LeRealGodfather

Dray n Klay
08-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Bron still giving Riley nightmares years after he left the Heat

:roll:

Bron leaves Miami

Heat go to the lottery

Cavs win championship

Wade leaves Miami

LeBron f*cked over Riley bad

Even the Godfather bows down to a King!

:banana:

:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

PJR
08-01-2016, 09:47 PM
In this instance, LeBron did Riley a favor.

Riley has been slow paying Wade in contract negotiations for two straight summers. Riley wanted to move on and do a real rebuild with younger and hungrier players. He hasn't even been at the table with Wade. Micky and Nick Arison have had to try to repair that relationship. The job was done this summer. And it was all calculated.

Fire Colangelo
08-01-2016, 09:50 PM
I don't think anybody expected Wade to actually leaves Miami, this just shows how much the Heat organization pissed him off.

Dude sacrificed and took years of paycut in his prime to win Miami championships, and this his how they treat him when he gets older. Hell, I'd be pissed off to. He wasn't even asking for too much, he was asking for a reasonable 25 mil/yr, and other teams were obviously going to throw money at him.

This just shows that Miami has no loyalty for their players, despite all the financial sacrifices Wade has made.

There's a reason why everybody wants to play for the Lakers, they have a history of treating their players really well. In a couple of years, teams will be lining up to pitch to someone like Anthony Davis (for example). The Spurs will talk about how they can build a contending team around him like they did with Duncan. The Celtics will talk about their history. The Lakers will talk about how they took care of Kobe when he got older. The Heat? "Oh, we'll expect you to take some paycuts in your prime, and lowball you when you turn 34".

They could've done so many things to keep Wade, and start a rebuild process along the way - it's not like the Heat is going to win anything with Whiteside at the helm anyways. But instead, they let the best player in franchise history walk. :facepalm

GrapeApe
08-01-2016, 11:06 PM

Riley has been slow paying Wade in contract negotiations for two straight summers. Riley wanted to move on and do a real rebuild with younger and hungrier players. He hasn't even been at the table with Wade. Micky and Nick Arison have had to try to repair that relationship. The job was done this summer. And it was all calculated.

I don't buy that for a second. Riley had delusions of grandeur. He thought that he could lock in Whiteside, woo Durant, and get Wade to once again accept a contract well under his market value. I think he genuinely believed that he could get all three of those guys in a Heat uniform next season. When Durant fell through he shifted his attention to Wade. When the 2/40 offer was on the table, I think Riley had every belief that Wade would accept it.

Riley had been slow in his negotiations with Wade because he was operating under the assumption that Wade and the Heat would eventually reach an agreement. All this stuff about Wade leaving being part of Riley's master plan is pure nonsense. Riley in no way shape or form wanted Wade to leave. I guarantee if he could do it over he'd handle things differently.

The funny thing about all this is that last year Wade wanted 3/45. If Wade signed this year, the Heat would have ended up paying him $15 million more over the same 3 year span. Yes that's with the benefit of hindsight, but it also shows how Riley and the Heat mishandled the situation.

Spurs m8
08-02-2016, 12:44 AM
He wasn't worth the deal he wanted.

I don't feel sorry for the puffy faced, HGH pumping cheater.

plowking
08-02-2016, 01:04 AM

Yeah, definitely not worth what we offered him. Good thing he left. We get a young, hungry team and start rebuilding earlier. Nobody should get the "Kobe" deal, particularly with the way Kobe was playing. Wade might be a little better than Kobe was at that point right now, but still not worth it.

GrapeApe
08-02-2016, 02:35 AM
He wasn't worth the deal he wanted.

I don't feel sorry for the puffy faced, HGH pumping cheater.

He wanted 3 years at $45 million last season. The Heat could have had him locked in for the next 2 years at a bargain salary. I agree he's not worth what the Bulls are paying him, but he just dropped 22/6/5/1/1 on 48% in the playoffs and nearly carried an injury depleted team to the ECF. With all the ridiculous salaries being thrown around, that kind of production is getting you paid.

Also, why would you (or anyone) feel sorry for a multi-millionaire who plays a game for a living? He has a better life than you could ever dream of having.

DoctorP
08-02-2016, 08:36 AM
I have a feeling Wade would be in Cleveland right now if he didn't care about looking like an a-hole. I'm sure he didn't want to look like a sell out. Watch Cleveland trade for Wade later, that would confirm my suspicions.

aj1987
08-02-2016, 08:56 AM
I have a feeling Wade would be in Cleveland right now if he didn't care about looking like an a-hole. I'm sure he didn't want to look like a sell out. Watch Cleveland trade for Wade later, that would confirm my suspicions.
Cleveland don't have that kind of money. As is, they'll be severely over the salary cap and they'll be paying a ton in luxury taxes.

Inb4 r15dumbass...

He wanted 3 years at $45 million last season. The Heat could have had him locked in for the next 2 years at a bargain salary. I agree he's not worth what the Bulls are paying him, but he just dropped 22/6/5/1/1 on 48% in the playoffs and nearly carried an injury depleted team to the ECF. With all the ridiculous salaries being thrown around, that kind of production is getting you paid.
I was saying this last season as well. Riley should've given him a 4yr/$50M-$55M deal.

I really hope he does what Amar'e did though. Sign with the Heat and retire as a Heat player.

Trollsmasher
08-02-2016, 09:34 AM
damn, Rilez keeps taking more and more Ls from the King:lol

the old fool should retire

Vancouver-Grizz
08-02-2016, 03:37 PM
LoL....

People who think LBJ has it on Riley should look at another point of view. Miami made a tons of money from the LeBron area while paying him under max money. They obtained 2 NBA championships and 2 NBA finals appearance during that time.

Pretty sure it is money well spent. Wade leaving because of LeBron? Maybe and it doesn't look good on a PR standpoint but look at it this way; Lakers organization got destroyed for offering that kind of money to Kobe. I don't see Wade's body holding up for a season anymore and as a competitive guy as Riley is, I personally think he is looking for guys that is going all in win or lose.

Haymaker
08-02-2016, 03:51 PM
. I agree he's not worth what the Bulls are paying him, but he just dropped 22/6/5/1/1 on 48% in the playoffs and nearly carried an injury depleted team to the ECF. With all the ridiculous salaries being thrown around, that kind of production is getting you paid.

This.

Hey Yo
08-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Anyone see Wade's recent interview?

"it wasn't about the money"

:biggums: :facepalm

aj1987
08-02-2016, 04:28 PM

It probably was the initial disrespect that got to him. After the way he was treated (after Riley preaching about them being family and stuff), he probably didn't give a shit about Miami's offer. He wouldn't have left Miami just for a couple of million more. Dude is rich AF and has other sources of income. Just speculation though.

GrapeApe
08-02-2016, 06:02 PM

It wasn't about the money per se, it was about respect (or lack thereof) and what the money represented. The Heat's initial offer was a joke and Wade had every right to be upset about it. He also had every right to feel that he should have been a priority. It's fair to say that as the greatest player in franchise history he earned that right. I've maintained all along that Wade would have accepted the 2/40 if it were offered right away.

Papaya Petee
08-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Yeah, definitely not worth what we offered him. Good thing he left. We get a young, hungry team and start rebuilding earlier. Nobody should get the "Kobe" deal, particularly with the way Kobe was playing. Wade might be a little better than Kobe was at that point right now, but still not worth it.
You went from a great to borderline retarded poster in the span of 6 years. Such a shame.

Magic 32
08-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Lebron responsible for players being disloyal in this era?

Of course. That's his legacy.

Dray n Klay
08-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Lebron responsible for players being disloyal in this era?

Of course. That's his legacy.

Who was responsible for running Shaq/Dwight out of L.A?

Magic 32
08-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Who was responsible for running Shaq/Dwight out of L.A?

Their lack of work effort.

Both players have been on +4 teams.

Combined 10 teams :roll:

No wonder you side with them.

G-train
08-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Riley had delusions of grandeur.

That's because he is the best. Whiteside and Wade were both taking paycuts if Durant agreed to come.

Wade left the Heat for less than $3m (factoring taxes)... his loss. The guy will have two very poor lottery seasons with the Bulls and retire. He will soon learn how good he had it with the Heat.

Dray n Klay
08-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Their lack of work effort.

Both players have been on +4 teams.

Combined 10 teams :roll:

No wonder you side with them.

They were so bad that Kobe missed the playoffs each time they left him :yaohappy:

plowking
08-02-2016, 10:26 PM
damn, Rilez keeps taking more and more Ls from the King:lol

the old fool should retire

Riley got two rings, Miami got two rings, and LeBron got a whole lotta hate throughout the process.

Riley was the genius that got LeBron to leave his hometown on national television. :oldlol:
Took years to repair his image. Meanwhile, Riley won more rings, got everyone on the team to take a paycut, including LeBron, and is now the owner of 9 championship rings.

Bron needs 6 more to catch Riley.

Dray n Klay
08-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Riley got two rings, Miami got two rings, and LeBron got a whole lotta hate throughout the process.

Riley was the genius that got LeBron to leave his hometown on national television. :oldlol:
Took years to repair his image. Meanwhile, Riley won more rings, got everyone on the team to take a paycut, including LeBron, and is now the owner of 9 championship rings.

Bron needs 6 more to catch Riley.

Wait, so you're saying Riley is the winner in all of this?? :wtf:

Riley loses LeBron, loses Wade, wastes $120M on an injured Bosh, doesnt get Durant, misses the playoffs the year LeBron leaves, and watches LeBron take a 33 win team to a championship and this makes Riley the winner??

Basically anything that COULD go wrong, did go wrong for Riley.

Riley has been exposed the last 2 seasons.

I doubt Miami get a lucrative superstar FA in the next decade. No one wants to be Riley's puppet and thrown in the trash once they're used up.

plowking
08-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Wait, so you're saying Riley is the winner in all of this?? :wtf:

Riley loses LeBron, loses Wade, wastes $120M on an injured Bosh, doesnt get Durant, misses the playoffs the year LeBron leaves, and watches LeBron take a 33 win team to a championship and this makes Riley the winner??

Riley has been exposed the last 2 seasons.

I doubt Miami get a lucrative superstar FA in the next decade. No one wants to be Riley's puppet and thrown in the trash once they're used up.

You yourself said Wade sucks... So why is it a problem now that he left?

And Riley didn't lose LeBron. He was the only GM that managed to get him away from his home town.

Dray n Klay
08-02-2016, 10:42 PM
You yourself said Wade sucks... So why is it a problem now that he left?

And Riley didn't lose LeBron. He was the only GM that managed to get him away from his home town.

We both agree that Wade doesn't deserve that money, however Riley should have paid Wade. No FA will ever join the Heat after seeing the way Riley treated Wade.

And Riley did lose LeBron, after that press conference where he was practically begging LeBron to stay, and LeBron plays him like a fool and leaves.

Heck LeBron got The Godfather Riley to draft his favorite player Napier, and LeBron still left :oldlol:

Just admit Riley got played like a fool.

LeBron used up Riley to win 2 rings, and leaves Riley in the gutter while continuing to win in Cleveland

G-train
08-02-2016, 10:44 PM

False, he re-signed Hassan Whiteside. He could have walked.

G-train
08-02-2016, 10:47 PM
No FA will ever join the Heat after seeing the way Riley treated Wade.

au contraire, already 9 free agents have signed with the Heat since Wade left.

Dray n Klay
08-02-2016, 10:52 PM
au contraire, already 9 free agents have signed with the Heat since Wade left.

Yea be happy giving $100M contracts to Dragic and Whiteside, cause those are the best players Miami will ever get

G-train
08-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Yea be happy giving $100M contracts to Dragic and Whiteside, cause those are the best players Miami will ever get

ever
adverb
at any time.

Lebron James, Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Chris Bosh, etc.

Will welcome Westbrook to the family in due course.

http://www.nba.com/media/finals2003/riley_300_fingers.jpg

plowking
08-02-2016, 11:17 PM
You went from a great to borderline retarded poster in the span of 6 years. Such a shame.

In what way was that a retarded comment? Go ahead and explain.

You think it is beneficial having a 34/35 year old, taking up $20+ mil a year, keeping us in that awful place of 5th-8th seed, but never going to be good enough to make a push for a title shot spot?
You think it is worth paying someone that much, despite constantly missing games and resting up?

Would I have liked for him to stay? Yes, he is my favourite player.
Was it better for the team that he left? Yes. Our young players get to develop and we see them take on more responsibility.