PDA

View Full Version : Warren Buffett to Trump: "You're only afraid, if you have something to be afraid of"

Draz
08-02-2016, 10:30 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/warren-buffett-trump-tax-returns-000000794.html

[quote]OMAHA, Neb.

Terahite
08-02-2016, 10:38 AM
very weak shit

this new alliance between SJWs and depraved billionaires/neocons is sort of amusing though

Akrazotile
08-02-2016, 10:43 AM
very weak shit

this new alliance between SJWs and depraved billionaires/neocons is sort of amusing though

OP is a high school kid who is unlearned and has no life experience.

Liberals leverage these kinds of ignorant voters who vote purely on emotion and trend, and dont understand anything about the world.

I blame the parents.

sd3035
08-02-2016, 10:44 AM
very futile attempt :lol

Facepalm
08-02-2016, 10:51 AM
very weak shit

Buffet will release his taxes if Trump does. Buffet is a billionaire many times over Trump, plus he's under audit as well. So what's Trump's excuse now?

Trump being exposed as the true Beta he is. :pimp:

Long Duck Dong
08-02-2016, 11:03 AM
The hypocritical thing is, his 2 critics, Bloomberg and Buffett, never release THEIR tax returns to the public. :oldlol:

ZenMaster
08-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Same exact argument was made, when the topic was Hillary's Wall Street speeches where the topic...We never saw those either.

Facepalm
08-02-2016, 11:07 AM
The hypocritical thing is, his 2 critics, Bloomberg and Buffett, never release THEIR tax returns to the public. :oldlol:
Neither one is running for President either. Are you too dumb to realize this?

Bloomberg is offering to show his. Trump is still dodging.

Akrazotile
08-02-2016, 11:19 AM

Why do you want to see his taxes tho? What does it have to do with the critical policy issues we as Americans need to be discussing and figuring out ourselves?

Why are you spending time worrying about Donald Trump's taxes? What do his taxes have to do with our government?

If he's under investigation for tax fraud or tax evasion, that's a differen matter. But he's not. He filed his taxes and did so accurately, as the IRS has not indicated anything to the contrary.

So why do you care?

Long Duck Dong
08-02-2016, 11:19 AM

Look up the word "hypocrisy", are you too dumb to know what this is? Bloomberg does not release his returns to the public.

Draz
08-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Why do you want to see his taxes tho? What does it have to do with the critical policy issues we as Americans need to be discussing and figuring out ourselves?

Why are you spending time worrying about Donald Trump's taxes? What do his taxes have to do with our government?

If he's under investigation for tax fraud or tax evasion, that's a differen matter. But he's not. He filed his taxes and did so accurately, as the IRS has not indicated anything to the contrary.

So why do you care?
Basic tradition no? What does he have to hide? He isn't who he pretends to be

warriorfan
08-02-2016, 11:23 AM
On average, Trump supporters carry 53% more body fat and have a 76% shorter ***** than normal people

Bourne
08-02-2016, 11:23 AM
Can you imagine the amount of crap the democrats would throw if they saw the tax returns? They would obsess over them and distract entirely from everything else

Akrazotile
08-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Basic tradition no? What does he have to hide? He isn't who he pretends to be

Traditionally women dont run for President. So what?

Can you articulate for me what policy issues you disagree with Donald Trump on, and why you disagree?

Thats what matters in elections. What are the policies? The rest is minimally significant.

Look carefully. The people here obsessing over Trump's off-hand remarks, his taxes, his celebrity detractors, are the people who have no intellectual ability to discuss policy logically. They know the anti-Trump bandwagon is where hipsters, self loathers and victims fit in and have social cameraderie, they want to be part of that gang, so they mindlessly shout "trump stupid! Trump teh racist!!!"

But they dont talk about logical policy. Theyre not talking about economics, history, governing philosophy, or anything relevent to OUR government.

Theyre just insecure, gossiping sheep.

Look carefully.

~primetime~
08-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Buffett is correct here, obviously

Also, Buffett is an actual business genius, that started with nothing. He is an extremely humble man who gives billions to charity on a regular and lives in a modest home despite being absurdly wealthy. What he says SHOULD be respected.

UK2K
08-02-2016, 11:48 AM
very weak shit

It's weird... two years ago the rich guys were evil and greedy.

Now they're cool and hip.

That 'common enemy' mentality... Democrats been playing mind games for decades.

Draz
08-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Traditionally women dont run for President. So what?

Can you articulate for me what policy issues you disagree with Donald Trump on, and why you disagree?

Thats what matters in elections. What are the policies? The rest is minimally significant.

Look carefully. The people here obsessing over Trump's off-hand remarks, his taxes, his celebrity detractors, are the people who have no intellectual ability to discuss policy logically. They know the anti-Trump bandwagon is where hipsters, self loathers and victims fit in and have social cameraderie, they want to be part of that gang, so they mindlessly shout "trump stupid! Trump teh racist!!!"

But they dont talk about logical policy. Theyre not talking about economics, history, governing philosophy, or anything relevent to OUR government.

Theyre just insecure, gossiping sheep.

Look carefully.

Did you not hear what he said about the fallen American soldier who was muslim?

I'm not even muslim dog. I won't stand for a group of people being demolished especially, ESPECIALLY when they serve and protect us. Didn't he mock a handicap man not too long ago on live television? What the fck?

If you idiots support that kind of behavior for our president then I can only imagine what your lifestyles are like. I really don't care if I believe in everything he says. I'm upset too. But I'll never support someone who behaves like that. He's a joke. After this, his businesses are fcked.

UK2K
08-02-2016, 11:49 AM

I'm not even muslim dog. I won't stand for a group of people being demolished especially, ESPECIALLY when they serve and protect us. Didn't he mock a handicap man not too long ago on live television? What the fck?

If you idiots support that kind of behavior for our president then I can only imagine what your lifestyles are like.

He said his son would have never been there had he been there had he been president.

Because we wouldn't have gone to war.

That is likely a statement of fact. Clinton could not say the same.

Also, I'm pretty sure DW's calls people 'retard' every third word in his posts, but I don't ever hear you claiming he needs to stop making fun of disabled people. I have. Have you? Selective reading?

Bourne
08-02-2016, 11:54 AM

If you idiots support that kind of behavior for our president then I can only imagine what your lifestyles are like. I really don't care if I believe in everything he says. I'm upset too. But I'll never support someone who behaves like that. He's a joke. After this, his businesses are fcked.

You are so driven by identity politics it is disgusting. The background of the people involved do not change the truthfulness of the message. You are pathetic if you think this way after second consideration, given that every major conflict in history was not fought between two groups of 100% homogenous people with the same beliefs, backgrounds, and sensibilities.

I hope you're trolling because no amount of sensible statements on your behalf will show you are anything other than an irrational dumbass after a statement like that.

Facepalm
08-02-2016, 11:58 AM

Rich guys in of itself aren't evil. It's how they got rich. I don't recall Buffet or Cuban ever fvcking over their fellow Americans to get rich. Trump has done so all his life and even you cannot deny that, but go ahead and make more excuses for him.

Akrazotile
08-02-2016, 11:58 AM

Was just about to say this exact thing.

The idiocy, the hypocrisy, the blind partisan loyalty is honestly just jarring.

These people are like dogs mindlessly barking at republicans from behind a fence.

Genunely scary degree of ignorance.

Hawker
08-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Rich guys in of itself aren't evil. It's how they got rich. I don't recall Buffet or Cuban ever fvcking over their fellow Americans to get rich. Trump has done so all his life and even you cannot deny that, but go ahead and make more excuses for him.

That was never the original narrative though.

Akrazotile
08-02-2016, 12:01 PM

Trump has said a lot of distasteful things. So has Barry Obama. Remember when he compared his poor bowling outing to a Special Olympics performance? In private, you have said plenty of distasteful things. So have I. So has everyone. But we just arent under a microscope. If genuine, private life political correctness was a requirement to be president, we would not have one.

Do you HAVE any policy opinions, or do you rely on Trump's faux pas and off-color remarks to form the basis of how you elect government officials?

You should read Shakespeare's Tragedy of Coriolanus. It illustrates the exact fallacy of your mindset, which is the common mindset of the public.

Listen. Youre a 20 y/o kid. Do yourself a favor and shut up til youve grown up a bit.

Hawker
08-02-2016, 12:02 PM
He said his son would have never been there had he been there had he been president.

Also, I'm pretty sure DW's calls people 'retard' every third word in his posts, but I don't ever hear you claiming he needs to stop making fun of disabled people. I have. Have you? Selective reading?

Exactly why the "values" argument holds no water. What kind of value does someone have that sends people into war or drop bombs on innocent civilians overseas or destroying entire hospitals? You can't criticize Trump for this stuff and simultaneously support Hillary. Find something else.

MMM
08-02-2016, 12:04 PM

not sure where you getting this from other because that isn't realistic at all and i have doubts if he would be able to maintain his opposition in the face of what the military and intelligence agencies were advising at that time.

NumberSix
08-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Tell us, what did he say?

Nanners
08-02-2016, 12:07 PM

Berkshire Hathaway recently purchased a company based out of Portland called precision castparts. This company has been polluting an impoverished neighborhood in Portland with Nickel, Arsenic, TCE/PCE, and all sorts of other nasty shit for decades. Prior to the buyout, the neighborhood was finally starting to make some progress with getting PCC to clean up their operation, but when Berkshire took control they flatly refused to take any kind of action to clean up their emissions. Given Berkshires financial and legal resources, the neighborhood stands no chance against them.

People like Buffet **** over other americans all the time, you just dont hear anything about it because nobody gives a shit about some factory polluting a poor neighborhood.

~primetime~
08-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Berkshire Hathaway recently purchased a company based out of Portland called precision castparts. This company has been polluting an impoverished neighborhood in Portland with Nickel, Arsenic, TCE/PCE, and all sorts of other nasty shit for decades. Prior to the buyout, the neighborhood was finally starting to make some progress with getting PCC to clean up their operation, but when Berkshire took control they flatly refused to take any kind of action to clean up their emissions.

People like Buffet **** over other americans all the time, you just dont hear anything about it because nobody gives a shit about some factory polluting a poor neighborhood.
No Buffett is unlike other billionaires...

This was last week (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/warren-buffett-billion-donate-charity-gates_us_578ce211e4b0c53d5cfa2a78)

^^^ that is regular news for him

Nanners
08-02-2016, 12:13 PM

This was last week (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/warren-buffett-billion-donate-charity-gates_us_578ce211e4b0c53d5cfa2a78)

i dont give a shit if he donates to charity when he refuses to spend any money to clean up his polluting factories.

btw, the vast majority of that money he is donating to HIS OWN foundations.

Trollsmasher
08-02-2016, 12:14 PM
liberals celebrating billionares all of a sudden:lol

Akrazotile
08-02-2016, 12:17 PM

Let me ask you somethin, pt.

Gates and Buffet have been 'donating BILLIONS to charity' for the last decade plus.

So why do we still have so many impoverished Americans? Why is the wealth gap larger than ever? Why are racial tensions higher than ever?

The last 8 years we have had a Democratic president, and the two richest men in the world making billions and billions in philanthropic donations. This was supposed to be the magic bullet, right? Democrat policies and lots of money. We were promised this was the cure.

So why are murders spiking in the last two years and the wealth gap grander than ever? Why so many children raised in poverty in our own country still?

Why?

Nick Young
08-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Do you have a quote where Trump says he is afraid and that we Americans should be afraid?

Pointing out problems like ISIS murdering people in Europe is not the same as saying "WE SHOULD ALL BE AFRAID"

You are listening to the mainstream media shills again, breh.

UK2K
08-02-2016, 12:20 PM
The same could be said about Clinton's speech transcripts, but he's not asking for those though.

Wonder why?

'I don't care why she was paid millions for about 2 hours of work as long as I can see where she was paid millions' - leftists on Clinton's speeches to Wall Street.

Zero logic. Lol

Nick Young
08-02-2016, 12:20 PM

Gates and Buffet have been 'donating BILLIONS to charity' for the last decade plus.

So why do we still have so many impoverished Americans? Why is the wealth gap larger than ever? Why are racial tensions higher than ever?

The last 8 years we have had a Democratic president, and the two richest men in the world making billions and billions in philanthropic donations. This was supposed to be the magic bullet, right? Democrat policies and lots of money. We were promised thid was the cure.

So why are murders spiking in the last two years and the wealth gap grander than ever?

Why?
Logic is a racist microaggression created by the CISgender white male in order to keep down POCs and women, and especially transgender women.

Logic is literally Hitler.

dude77
08-02-2016, 12:23 PM

lol what did he say about the fallen american soldier who was muslim ? .. something tells me your answer is based on some shit you heard from some scumbag liberal pundit on tv

atljonesbro
08-02-2016, 01:46 PM
I'm pretty sure he said he'd release them when Hillary releases those emails. Lol I swear the democratic strategy is just to ignore everything Hillary does and hope it goes away. Confront them about any Hillary scandal? Ignore it and say trump is a meanie pants

UK2K
08-02-2016, 01:49 PM
lol what did he say about the fallen american soldier who was muslim ? .. something tells me your answer is based on some shit you heard from some scumbag liberal pundit on tv

Yeah, I'm still waiting for Draz tell us what Trump said...

What did he say exactly?

Bourne
08-02-2016, 01:52 PM
It bothers me so much that Hillary is more fit to run a country, but the principles she stands for (or lack thereof, I suppose) and the lack of morals of 80% of her supporters exhibit make me favour the bitter pill option.

I hate the left. So dishonest and lacking of integrity.

Terahite
08-02-2016, 02:14 PM
On average, Trump supporters carry 53% more body fat and have a 76% shorter ***** than normal people

What's the point in having a larger unit when you take it up the ass? (like Curry in the playoffs) :confusedshrug:

Nick Young
08-02-2016, 02:19 PM
It bothers me so much that Hillary is more fit to run a country, but the principles she stands for (or lack thereof, I suppose) and the lack of morals of 80% of her supporters exhibit make me favour the bitter pill option.

I hate the left. So dishonest and lacking of integrity.
She isn't fit to run this country. She has been in public office for a long time and has been nothing short of a disaster.

Her run as Secretary of State was the worst in living memory.

She has proven herself unfit to run the country.

She has experience, but it is experience at ****ing up and doing a shit job.

~primetime~
08-02-2016, 02:37 PM

The last 8 years we have had a Democratic president, and the two richest men in the world making billions and billions in philanthropic donations. This was supposed to be the magic bullet, right? Democrat policies and lots of money. We were promised this was the cure.

So why are murders spiking in the last two years and the wealth gap grander than ever? Why so many children raised in poverty in our own country still?

Why?
most charities have nothing to do with those issues...most deal with cancer research, preserving wild life, etc

~primetime~
08-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Racial tension is not 'higher than ever' btw...it's actually closer to 'lower than ever' despite all that is going on.

The 90s were worse than this...Rodney King riots shit all over what's happening now

UK2K
08-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Racial tension is not 'higher than ever' btw...it's actually closer to 'lower than ever' despite all that is going on.

The 90s were worse than this...Rodney King riots shit all over what's happening now

7/10 people say the race division in this country is bad. 70%. That's a lot. It was pretty high 100 days after Obama got elected (that's the arrow there) and then since then, he's chosen sides, and everyone else has done so accordingly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/us/most-americans-hold-grim-view-of-race-relations-poll-finds.html?_r=1

https://static01.nyt.com/newsgraphics/2016/07/13/pew-poll/78bbe88ec25b0b15711aa3fbb0f7f93ce4e028cd/pew-race-poll-Artboard_1.png

Sixty-nine percent of Americans say race relations are generally bad, one of the highest levels of discord since the 1992 riots in Los Angeles during the Rodney King case, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

The poll, conducted from Friday, the day after the killing of five Dallas police officers, until Tuesday, found that six in 10 Americans say race relations were growing worse, up from 38 percent a year ago.

Kblaze8855
08-02-2016, 03:16 PM
The whole race relations thing...its really as if people think history began 20 years ago.

My grandfathers brother was lynched and hung up near city hall in Orangeburg SC in the 50s. Broad daylight. Whole town saw. Nobody went to jail.

Racial issues have rarely if ever been better.

White people could still cut in line in parts of the south when I was a kid. And im talking the 80s.....

The only thing thats changed is technology shrinking the world. If there was footage of my cousin being beaten by cops in front of my grandmas house for supposedly saying something out of line to a white woman earlier in the day perhaps someone would have cared. But there wasnt. Because it was the 80s.

Shit is no worse....and in most ways better. Probably all ways.

Just a matter of perception.

DonDadda59
08-02-2016, 03:35 PM

Buffet's always been a G.

Both Obama and Clinton have pushed for passage of The Buffett Rule (https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/Buffett_Rule_Report_Final.pdf). And Warren G gives billions to charity. Just 2 weeks ago, he gave $2.8 billion (http://fortune.com/2016/07/14/warren-buffett-gates-foundation-charity/).

He's also giving away 99% of his wealth ($63 Billion) (http://givingpledge.org/Content/media/My%20Philanthropic%20Pledge.pdf) to charity upon his death.

A truly great American. The Anti Drumpf. :applause:

UK2K
08-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Buffet's always been a G.

Both Obama and Clinton have pushed for passage of The Buffett Rule (https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/Buffett_Rule_Report_Final.pdf). And Warren G gives billions to charity. Just 2 weeks ago, he gave $2.8 billion (http://fortune.com/2016/07/14/warren-buffett-gates-foundation-charity/).

He's also giving away 99% of his wealth ($63 Billion) (http://givingpledge.org/Content/media/My%20Philanthropic%20Pledge.pdf) to charity upon his death.

A truly great American. The Anti Drumpf. :applause:

So its only the Conservative billionaires that are evil? I see.

Kinda like the Democrat party only likes the blacks that agree with them? Like you have blacks, and then Allen West/Ben Carson types or Charles Barkley/Kobe Bryant blacks who are Uncle Toms. Or the gays, remember there's good gays and bad gays (so says the Democrat party, I dunno) and the ones who don't vote Democrat, those are the bad gays.

It makes sense now. I get it.

DonDadda59
08-02-2016, 03:49 PM
So its only the Conservative billionaires that are evil? I see.

Being a billionaire doesn't make you inherently evil, dawg. There's such a thing as nuance in life.

DonDadda59
08-02-2016, 04:18 PM

So why do we still have so many impoverished Americans?

I think a lot of the Bill/Melinda Gates Foundation and Warren G's efforts are directed overseas, in places like Africa.

Africa can no longer be called 'poor' overall, but poverty still an issue

(CNN)Poverty in Africa has declined significantly in recent years, showing evidence that the past decade of economic growth has improved the lives of ordinary people.

The findings come from a new report by Afrobarometer, a pan-African, non-partisan research network, which conducted face to face interviews with about 50,000 citizens across 35 African countries.

The trend is very recent: in roughly four years between consecutive surveys, from 2011 to 2015, "lived poverty" fell in 22 of 33 countries surveyed in both rounds.

But while the continent can no longer be considered poor overall, poverty is still a widespread issue, and huge differences remain from country to country.

-CNN, Jan. 2016

Why is the wealth gap larger than ever?

Don't think it is, but we've covered how the utterly failed trickle down method has led to the wealth income gap. A complete overhaul of our tax system is a necessity.

Why are racial tensions higher than ever?

You do realize the World didn't begin in the year 2000, right? Are you going to tell me racial tensions are higher now than during the Civil War... Or the Civil Rights era... Or the LA riots? :lol

So why are murders spiking in the last two years and the wealth gap grander than ever?

Even with the spike in murders in a few cities, crime rates have plummeted during Obama's time in office. The crime/murder rate hasn't been this low since the late 60s.

https://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/crime.jpg

http://cdn.sandiegouniontrib.com/img/photos/2016/03/04/murder_rates_by_year_t837.jpg?5df2a6e0ac564ff4ddc2 702f3c8561935b88c24b

Why so many children raised in poverty in our own country still?

Too big of a topic to discuss here. Needs it's own thread.

Why?

http://66.media.tumblr.com/8d308207752d46afb5a484c6fcd237ba/tumblr_nf1qjlOkQy1qi8boqo1_r1_500.gif

poido123
08-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Being a billionaire doesn't make you inherently evil, dawg. There's such a thing as nuance in life.

But if it's Trump, well that's a different story :oldlol:

DonDadda59
08-02-2016, 04:21 PM
But if it's Trump, well that's a different story :oldlol:

A) He's not a billionaire.

B) He's a proven piece of shit.

Nuance. :applause:

UK2K
08-02-2016, 04:41 PM

That's not what I heard...

Income inequality is a focal point of the Occupy Wall Street protests.

DonDadda59
08-02-2016, 04:46 PM
That's not what I heard...

What is your point, sir? :confusedshrug:

Bourne
08-02-2016, 06:05 PM
What is your point, sir? :confusedshrug:

Pretty sure an elaboration won't help you understand if you already don't.

Im Still Ballin
08-02-2016, 06:06 PM
You're only blind if you have something to see.

NumberSix
08-03-2016, 05:58 AM
A) He's not a billionaire.

B) He's a proven piece of shit.

Nuance. :applause:
People actually believe this? :roll:

Have you seen a list of the property he owns? You're foolish if you think his properties are worth billions.

Maybe some of y'all don't understand this, but property is more valuable than currency and generates more revenue. Trumps properties generate a combined revenue of about $1 million a day. I don't know what dollar amount his personal wealth would be if his wealth was in currency instead of property, but I doubt it would have the same revenue generation.

9erempiree
08-03-2016, 06:17 AM
:facepalm

This is the same billionaire that disowned his very own grand daughter because she did a documentary based on growing up rich. It was actually a documentary directed by the heir of Johnson and Johnson. I've watched it twice.

In the documentary it talks about the super wealthy and the discrepancies between the wealthy and the poor in this country.

The funny thing is Ivanka Trump is in this documentary and of all the kids she is the normal one. Again, a testament to Trump. The best part of the movie was when the grand daughter received a letter from her grandfather Buffet and she reads it out loud. He straight up disowned her. I recommend you guys watch it.....Born Rich Beware of the racist innuendos of Blacks in the movie.

There was an economist who told the host to STFU about being rich and the public should not know what how the 1% lives.

No surprise Buffet is right alongside Hillary.:oldlol:

http://www.investwithalex.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/warren-buffett-letter.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/09/article-1241843-07CD2927000005DC-200_634x404.jpg

Terahite
08-03-2016, 10:01 AM

This is the same billionaire that disowned his very own grand daughter because she did a documentary based on growing up rich. It was actually a documentary directed by the heir of Johnson and Johnson. I've watched it twice.

In the documentary it talks about the super wealthy and the discrepancies between the wealthy and the poor in this country.

The funny thing is Ivanka Trump is in this documentary and of all the kids she is the normal one. Again, a testament to Trump. The best part of the movie was when the grand daughter received a letter from her grandfather Buffet and she reads it out loud. He straight up disowned her. I recommend you guys watch it.....Born Rich Beware of the racist innuendos of Blacks in the movie.

There was an economist who told the host to STFU about being rich and the public should not know what how the 1% lives.

http://www.investwithalex.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/warren-buffett-letter.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/09/article-1241843-07CD2927000005DC-200_634x404.jpg

Great post. That puts the last nail in the coffin of this latest smear.

/thread

TheMan
08-03-2016, 10:24 AM

Nicole Buffett isn't even Warren Buffett's blood relative, she's the daughter of his son's wife from a previous marriage.

What a small detail you "forgot" to add, Corky :rolleyes:

Kvnzhangyay
08-03-2016, 10:50 AM
Trump's policies are ok, but he's not politically correct enough as a negotiator and as the potential face of the USA imo

Facepalm
08-03-2016, 10:51 AM
Trump's tax excuses refuted one by one

He's being audited, so he cannot disclose
This one is easy. He can. There is no legal bar to releasing returns while under audit. Richard Nixon did so. Trump himself has released his returns in other contexts while under audit. This one is just wrong. Period, as Paul Ryan might say (or write).

He's being audited, so he should not disclose
This one is easy, too. Trump has implied he shouldn't release his returns because the public glare might lead to the Internal Revenue Service learning of issues that it might otherwise have missed, and some in the media have fallen for this excuse. But this reason is bad, because, aside from its implausibility (Trump banking on the incompetence of the IRS), it is just a matter of Trump's money. Clinton and all other presidential candidates for 40 years who have released returns have run the risk of triggering an audit. That's part of the price of running for office. Period. Trump doesn't want to pay the price. But that shouldn't really be his choice; the people ought to set the terms of this deal of getting elected president. Buffett pointed out that he too is being audited by the IRS, so he has taken even this argument away from Trump.

There's nothing to learn
Trump apologists often state or imply, like Trump himself has, that there is nothing to learn from his tax returns. This one is easy to answer, too: Let the public decide. Plus learning "nothing" is "something": the people would surely like to know if Trump's tax returns are unobjectionable. It's a self-serving and offensive explanation. Period.

The public doesn't care
See above: This is another self-serving and offensive explanation. Let the public decide if it cares when it has the facts to know if it should care or not. Period.

Mitt Romney's 'little sentence'
This wouldn't be a commentary on Trump unless we got to something truly odd. Here it is: Trump is now arguing that the release of Mitt Romney's tax returns -- which Trump himself called for, and which came in January 2012, not "right before the election," as Trump is now saying -- might have cost Romney the election, because of "one little sentence that they found." This one is bizarre. First, Romney was hurt by the revelation of his low effective tax rate, a fact of which Trump has already boasted. That's a matter of math, numbers, not a "sentence."

On the not-heroic leap that Trump is thinking of himself even while talking about others, can it be that there is some kind of "sentence" in his tax returns that might "cost him the election"? What could that be: a disclosure of some aggressive investment position, a list of charitable contributions, evidence of involvement with foreign or unsavory entities? If, as Trump himself has said, the public doesn't care, and there is nothing to learn from his returns (see above), what could this sentence be?

Note well the structure of Trump's "logic": There might be a sentence in my tax returns that could cost me the election, but it would only be because people (such as the "dishonest media") made a big deal about the "little sentence" and misunderstood it, so it would be sad, because I really should be president -- I will make America great again. I alone know what is important about me. I must help the people by not revealing facts about me that they would misunderstand. And not even Warren Buffet could possibly understand.

That's not how democracy works; it's how dictators behave. Period.
Sometimes the truth hurts. But in a democracy, our leaders are subject to the truth as the people see it. Period. Don't-Disclose-Donald has no excuse for not disclosing his tax returns, and his statements on this issue, as on so many others, reveal very deep and dark problems with his attitudes toward democracy. Period.

ZenMaster
08-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Trump's policies are ok, but he's not politically correct enough as a negotiator and as the potential face of the USA imo

So it's better to have a corrupt politician as president, because that person is "PC enough"?

Hawker
08-03-2016, 10:57 AM
Generic statement after generic statement in that "refutation."

DonDadda59
08-03-2016, 12:30 PM
People actually believe this? :roll:

The informed ones do... And people who have actually done the research.

[INDENT]Of course, no book about Trump can avoid the quasi-impenetrable question of his wealth. In 2004, O

TheMan
08-03-2016, 12:49 PM
The informed ones do... And people who have actually done the research.

Of course, no book about Trump can avoid the quasi-impenetrable question of his wealth. In 2004, O’Brien had co-authored a piece for the Times detailing Trump’s financial woes — he had recently filed for the third of what would be four Chapter 11 bankruptcies — and quoted anonymous sources who reported that Trump’s wealth was not nearly what he claimed; in fact, it was in the hundreds of millions, they said. (Contemporaneous reports in the Washington Post and Time magazine suggested the same.)

Trump, meanwhile, notoriously unreliable in his own estimates, offered figures ranging from $1.7 billion to $9.5 billion. In TrumpNation, O’Brien cited those numbers, alongside “three people with direct knowledge of Donald’s finances” who estimated his wealth was “somewhere between $150 million and $250 million.”

Trump denied it, in his usual colorful fashion: “You can go ahead and speak to guys who have four-hundred-pound wives at home who are jealous of me, but the guys who really know me know I’m a great builder.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431575/donald-trump-tim-obrien-courtroom-story

The Donald sued Mr. O'Brien for $5 billion, a suit that was thrown out by a judge. But not before this little nugget:

“My net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with markets and with attitudes and with feelings, even my own feelings, but I try.”

-Donald J. Drumpf

His net worth is based on his feelings...

You ever stop and ask yourself why a 'billionaire' would have to make a fake University to scam retirees and veterans out of their life savings? Why don't Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Michael Bloomberg, Mark Cuban, etc have fake scam schools running?

You don't find that even a little bit odd? :confusedshrug:
Exactly.

Trump will whore his name out to anyone with money and scams innocent people because he is nowhere near as rich as he potrays himself to be.

Make no mistake, 150 to 250 million is still an awful lot of money, but that's nowhere near the multi-billionaire he claims to be. A guy like Warren Buffett could finance his own presidential campaign and easily have more than his opponents combined. Drumpf doesn't have that kind of money even if that's what he wants his gullible supporters (suckers) to believe :facepalm

Just one more lie in an endless stream of lies from this con man, not surprising at all.

Facepalm
08-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Exactly.

Trump will whore his name out to anyone with money and scams innocent people because he is nowhere near as rich as he potrays himself to be.

Make no mistake, 150 to 250 million is still an awful lot of money, but that's nowhere near the multi-billionaire he claims to be. A guy like Warren Buffett could finance his own presidential campaign and easily have more than his opponents combined. Drumpf doesn't have that kind of money even if that's what he wants his gullible supporters (suckers) to believe :facepalm

Just one more lie in an endless stream of lies from this con man, not surprising at all.

Remember when a man's name and word meant everything? Trump doesn't care as long as he can make a buck. Tywin Lannister would never let his name be sullied like this! Trump is the anti-Lannister.

"A Trump never pays his debts"