PDA

View Full Version : If Durant is tired of being second, why did he join the Warriors?

Derivative
08-04-2016, 06:37 PM
If Durant is so tired of being second his whole life, then why did he join the Warriors where he will be the second best player after Curry?

1 ring > 0 ring
2 MVP > 1 MVP
leader of the best regular season team in history > leader of a high potential team that consistently chokes

I seriously don't understand Durant's logic. If he really wants to be first then at least go to a team where he can be the best.

Thunderfan86
08-04-2016, 06:42 PM
He'll forget about all those little details/comparisons once he wins the championship.

Young X
08-04-2016, 06:45 PM
I seriously don't understand Durant's logic. If he really wants to be first then at least go to a team where he can be the best.Exactly right? That's what I don't get.

What does winning a championship on this team REALLY prove? What are they REALLY accomplishing here?

He's just not cut from that cloth. He's not built for this shit.

JohnMax
08-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Under Donovan the Thunder improved their movement and spacing; they still ranked last in the league in passes per game, while the Warriors ranked first.

source: 1 (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16791990/nba-changes-led-kevin-durant-departure-oklahoma-city-thunder) 2 (https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3xm1r0/the_thunder_are_currently_last_in_the_league_in/)

Thunderfan86
08-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Exactly right? That's what I don't get.

What does winning a championship on this team REALLY prove? What are they REALLY accomplishing here?

You don't actually believe this do you? This nikka is literally one of the top 3 players in the world. He's absolutely built for this shit bro

Young X
08-04-2016, 06:51 PM
You don't actually believe this do you? This nikka is literally one of the top 3 players in the world. He's absolutely built for this shit broI'm not saying he's not extremely talented.

He's just seems soft to me.

Cone
08-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Well, Durant is the best player on the team easily. Curry is so overrated. Dude is top 5 at best, but I feel guilty af for putting him there. He is so one-dimensional it hurts.

It's his team. But he'll always be second cause it's LeBron's league.

Thunderfan86
08-04-2016, 06:54 PM
I'm not saying he's not extremely talented.

He's just seems soft to me.
I mean.....yeah, he can come off as a little soft at times, but he is a BEAST on the court and that's what matters most in his profession.

scuzzy
08-04-2016, 07:11 PM
So he can be first option on the Warriors bro

1st Durant
2nd Klay
3rd Curry/Green

Easily the best overall 2 way player on the team

Best offensive arsenal, doesnt need screen after screen to create

Can guard 1-5, and will have more energy to exert on the defensive end now

Will be the go-to man in clutch and playoffs

Takeover leader of the team torch from Green

K Xerxes
08-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Exactly right? That's what I don't get.

You're right it's a bitch made move, but he's right when he says who will even give a shit when he's 49. People will only remember the ring if he wins, and he'll be remembered as one of the best players in his generation for his stats anyway. It proves nothing now because we focus on the details and circumstance - this fades with time as we only focus on accomplishments.

raprap
08-04-2016, 07:31 PM
The Warriors pitched him that in their team, there's no heirarchy. Beta move

tpols
08-04-2016, 07:52 PM
durant wont be second on the warriors .. he's by far the biggest freak talent on the team. Curry is awesome but if his shots not falling his drive game looked weak.. maybe it'll look better next year? not sure.. but KD can slash and draw fouls much, much better than anybody on this team by far and w/ the spacing thats going to be available.. he's going to flat out dominate.

tpols
08-04-2016, 07:56 PM
from a spacing perspective, imagine going from westbrick and roberson as your backcourt mates to steph curry and klay thompson .. lmao.. thats why he chose golden state.

Spurs m8
08-04-2016, 08:07 PM
He left because it was the easiest shot at a ring and because he is a beta b*tch.

Nothing else needs to be said.

NBAGOAT
08-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Durant's already had 6 playoff runs and 4 of them he got to the conference finals. The sad thing is you could easily claim he wasn't favored in any of those matchups either and he really only choked this year. I bet he has the mindset of a veteran who's really desperate to win even though he's only 27.

scuzzy
08-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Durant's already had 6 playoff runs and 4 of them he got to the conference finals. The said is you could easily claim he wasn't favored in any of those matchups either and he really only choked this year. I bet he has the mindset of a veteran who's really desperate to win even though he's only 27.
Well said

Much like myself, i lurked ish for about 7 months and just got sick of being repless. I kept an ear to the streets and peeps. Finally when Steve activated my account and became a free agent, it was an easy choice, i joined the winners, the Lebron Fam.

Your boy was hungry, saw an investment, merged with another crew, the Durant Fam. Made some revenue, learned the code and co-founded the Dray n Klay Fam. A nikka dun came up from nuthin mayn

AintNoSunshine
08-04-2016, 10:16 PM
Maybe he will try to be the third option? Seeing as Klay said straight up he ain't sacrificing bleep to a beta like Durant.

:eek:

GrapeApe
08-04-2016, 10:33 PM
I think Durant and Curry will be similar to Lebron and Wade in 2011, basically co first options. Durant might lead the team in fga's and scoring, but by a small margin. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts, and it could take a while for him to get into a comfort zone. He'll have to make a big adjustment. He's going from iso-ball and taking turns to a ball-movement oriented attack. That being said, he'll get more open looks next year than at any point in his career. That's pretty scary considering he's already one of the greatest scorers in NBA history.

HorryIsMyMVP
08-04-2016, 11:20 PM
Well the difference here is that the Warriors will be a top seed and OKC with an alpha Westbrook won't make the playoffs. Westbrook might have the bigger ego of the two but he certainly isn't the best player. Most selfish person by a long shot which translates to being a selfish player and it always causes problems. Westbrook being on his own he will look like a lost puppy.

Jasper
08-05-2016, 12:06 AM
If Durant is so tired of being second his whole life, then why did he join the Warriors where he will be the second best player after Curry?

1 ring > 0 ring
2 MVP > 1 MVP
leader of the best regular season team in history > leader of a high potential team that consistently chokes

I seriously don't understand Durant's logic. If he really wants to be first then at least go to a team where he can be the best.
He wanted to be third :confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
08-05-2016, 12:09 AM
He'll forget about all those little details/comparisons once he wins the championship.
Why don't you just suck KD's baby d,ick, Cletus. :lol

FashionIssues
08-05-2016, 12:22 AM
former MVP's don't give a damn about another MPV trophy when they about to feast and beast on ******.

iamgine
08-05-2016, 12:33 AM
This seem like a troll thread.

boldarblood
08-05-2016, 12:42 AM
because he is a beta b*tch.

Honestly is it any different than any top player joining a top rated team? A lot of players reach a point where ring(s) > anything else.

Although a great career move, better teammates and definitely better coaching. But even LaMarcus Aldridge joined a very good team in the Spurs. How is it much difference than KD/GSW, other than rankings.

Not trying to smack talk, just honestly curious what you believe difference is. There are other examples to (2010 Heat, Payton and Malone to Lakers, etc)

hold this L
08-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Honestly is it any different than any top player joining a top rated team? A lot of players reach a point where ring(s) > anything else.

Although a great career move, better teammates and definitely better coaching. But even LaMarcus Aldridge joined a very good team in the Spurs. How is it much difference than KD/GSW, other than rankings.

Not trying to smack talk, just honestly curious what you believe difference is. There are other examples to (2010 Heat, Payton and Malone to Lakers, etc)
Pretty huge difference, Spurs is made of fossils for one. I think the team will win its first chip unless beta Durant tries to make it his team which would be stupid (since when he led, he never won anything). But I think he will allow Steph to lead and in games where he's hot, they will give him the ball (Steph does this for Klay every time until it's time to close for ex, sans last finals :facepalm ). Durant even said for Klay for example that Klay should play like Klay, and that whoever is open/hot, will shoot. Sometimes it will be one player, another time another. I don't know how unselfish Durant is but if he gets in line, there's definitely a dysnaty in the making. If not then, it will a fvck up of colossal proportions.

If Durant tries to make it his team though instead of getting in line, I can see a scenario like the first year with the Heat where they blow it. And if that happens with Lebron winning, Lebron would have to be ranked top 3 all time easily at that point.