PDA

View Full Version : Why is South America a cesspool?

Im Still Ballin
08-04-2016, 06:51 PM
???

Im Still Ballin
08-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Waiting for a Chris Samuels post about race demographics!

Nick Young
08-04-2016, 06:57 PM
no excuse really. PC idiots will say "THE WEST IS AT FAULT" but countries in Central and South America untouched by America's influence are also shit.

And let's be real, it's not like it was ever a pleasant time to live in South America. The Aztecs and Mayans were civilizations built around cocaine fueled hallucinogenic blood orgies. The Inca practiced cannibalism and sacrificed children to their sun king.

The people in the jungles untouched by these empires also would practice cannibalism and human sacrifice.

This is just how South Americans want the world to be like it seems.

TL;DR Too many easily obtainable drugs+miserable jungle climate=HELL

fiddy
08-04-2016, 06:58 PM
Too much native american DNA

Bourne
08-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Too much native american DNA

Can you find some way to get yourself banned?

nathanjizzle
08-04-2016, 10:17 PM
actually it is not. only ignorant westerners would say that.

warriorfan
08-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Jizzle with the save! The crowd goes wild!

Bourne
08-04-2016, 10:29 PM
actually it is not. only ignorant westerners would say that.

You are so addicted to buzzword leftist labels that you don't realize the geographical region you generalized includes south america

Akrazotile
08-04-2016, 10:59 PM
Waiting for a Chris Samuels post about race demographics!

What?

:facepalm

west_tip
08-04-2016, 11:26 PM
Good question. I often why Argentina in particular, with its European cultural heritage, high quality beef and wine, world class footballers, incredible biodiversity and beautiful women is such an economic and political basket case.

Ultimately it comes down to how corruptible the people are. In Latin America corruption is endemic, it is part of everyday life. Is there corruption in the US? Sure, but we don't have the sort of all pervasive, societal corruption that is prevalent in Latin America. From wiki:
[QUOTE]Corruption is a pervasive and widespread practice among police agents in Argentina, in the Buenos Aires Provincial Police force alone, there were 13,619 police officers investigated for acts of corruption, violence, and/or irregularities between 2008 and 2009, according to the General Auditing Office of Internal Affairs.[3] Global Integrity ranks Argentine law enforcement as weak on anti-corruption performance with a score of 63 over 100.[4] Likewise, Transparency International (TI)

Nick Young
08-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Are the Portugese and Spanish traditionally this corrupt? Hell no, they are historically conservative Catholic societies.

The Italians are to blame.

BasedTom
08-05-2016, 01:42 AM
leftism

chile and colombia will be alright in the future. argentina may be righting the ship at the moment
brazil and venezuela are already in free-fall

The Hick
08-05-2016, 01:59 AM
90% of the nations that aren't mostly controlled by people of cold weather origin are dung piles. People might get upset at that statement but they can't deny it's truth.

Lebowsky
08-05-2016, 04:31 AM
leftism

chile and colombia will be alright in the future. argentina may be righting the ship at the moment
brazil and venezuela are already in free-fall
Uruguay is a very nice country, and Chile is ok. Colombia is much better than it was not too long ago, but it still has a long ways to go. They are doing things the right way, though. Argentina is quite the shithole. Just as dangerous as Brazil and probably more corrupt, it just doesn't get the same spotlight. Venezuela is the worst country in the region by far, and top 3 or top 5 worst in the world. Sad state of affairs for such a resource-rich country.. My gf is Venezuelan and she hasn't been able to visit in 4 years.

fiddy
08-05-2016, 04:35 AM
Can you find some way to get yourself banned?
Truth hurts :oldlol:

masonanddixon
08-05-2016, 05:57 AM
I've always wanted to visit South America but it's just too damn dangerous.

Nearly every country there fascinates me.

Lebowsky
08-05-2016, 06:23 AM
I've always wanted to visit South America but it's just too damn dangerous.

Nearly every country there fascinates me.
It is not dangerous everywhere. Uruguay and Chile are safe countries, and many other countries are safe outside the major cities.

masonanddixon
08-05-2016, 06:47 AM
It is not dangerous everywhere. Uruguay and Chile are safe countries, and many other countries are safe outside the major cities.

I like to be able to walk alone at night for hours without fear of guns or violence. Can that be attained in those countries?

Lebowsky
08-05-2016, 07:15 AM
I like to be able to walk alone at night for hours without fear of guns or violence. Can that be attained in those countries?
Yes in Uruguay and Chile, but I wouldn't take chances anywhere else.

masonanddixon
08-05-2016, 07:25 AM
Yes in Uruguay and Chile, but I wouldn't take chances anywhere else.

I may consider those countries in the future...are they nice?

gigantes
08-05-2016, 10:12 AM
-most nations- are highly corrupt, but it tends to be more obvious in the less-industralised countries.

@OP,
what are your reasons for calling s. america a "cesspool," anyway?

i go back there on a regular basis and IMO it has lots of advantages over the states and various other countries.