PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Family Memo: For the sake of integrity, Kobe is a top-10 player ever.

KirbyPls
08-05-2016, 03:13 AM
I don't really like Kobe, but after the greatest year in our fam's history, we're embarrassing ourselves with these threads.

Kobe is top-10, period.

You want Wilt over Kobe? :lol Kone won more than twice as many titles, and the same number as his team's best player. That, and Kobe played against far better competition.

I's take Kobe over Hakeem, Wilt, at least.

Lebron fam, we're better than this, let's act like we've been here before (though Lebron has done unprecedented things).

I'm Lebron fam, Kobe is top-10, and I approve this message.

iamgine
08-05-2016, 03:24 AM
Good for you.

Bankaii
08-05-2016, 03:53 AM
Kobe is definitely top 10. But saying there's nothing wrong with saying Wilt>Kobe.
Most people had Wilt in the top 5 before LeBeast won this past Finals.

Quickening
08-05-2016, 04:03 AM
You are not in the Lebron fam, and Kobe is consensus 12th all time. The Lebron family is powerful, but we cannot alter the masses minds on this.

Sorry.

J Shuttlesworth
08-05-2016, 04:06 AM
I have Kobe at #10 but completely understand why some have him at #12

KirbyPls
08-05-2016, 04:07 AM
You are not in the Lebron fam, and Kobe is consensus 12th all time. The Lebron family is powerful, but we cannot alter the masses minds on this.

Sorry.

I'm in by fiat, alpha, and talent homie. :cheers:

We're not SJWs, Lebron fam can have differing views, since freedom of speech is an ISH tenant. :applause:

raprap
08-05-2016, 04:16 AM
I have Kobe at #10 but completely understand why some have him at #12
Yup, anywhere from 8 to 12 is understandable.

TommyGriffin
08-05-2016, 04:20 AM
I personally have Kobe anywhere from 5 to 10. My top 2 are Michael Jordan and KAJ. Magic Johnson has said on multiple occasions that Kobe is "The Greatest Laker of All Time". That means he is greater than Magic, greater than KAJ. I'm going to go with Magic Johnson's opinion on the subject over internet posters and even my own.

SpaceJam
08-05-2016, 04:30 AM
I personally have Kobe anywhere from 5 to 10. My top 2 are Michael Jordan and KAJ. Magic Johnson has said on multiple occasions that Kobe is "The Greatest Laker of All Time". That means he is greater than Magic, greater than KAJ. I'm going to go with Magic Johnson's opinion on the subject over internet posters and even my own.

The 'irrefutable one' hasn't commented in this thread, your presence here is not needed. Be gone wannabe, be gone

TommyGriffin
08-05-2016, 04:40 AM
The 'irrefutable one' hasn't commented in this thread, your presence here is not needed. Be gone wannabe, be gone
I am waiting for his post before I go to bed. I don't want to miss another savage ether.

AirBonner
08-05-2016, 04:43 AM
I am waiting for his post before I go to bed. I don't want to miss another savage ether.
Even a lapdog gets a lapdog.

warriorfan
08-05-2016, 04:50 AM
I have to say I think TommyGriffith put everything into perspective

Nice work

AirBonner
08-05-2016, 04:53 AM

Nice work
You going to suck him off before bed? Inquiring minds need to know

TommyGriffin
08-05-2016, 05:03 AM

Nice work
The irrefutable one's seal of approval! I can sleep well tonight. :oldlol: :cheers:

bigkingsfan
08-05-2016, 05:11 AM
@MagicJohnson

If LeBron keeps playing the way he's playing & the Cavs win the title, this will be the single greatest performance we've seen in the Finals

@MagicJohnson

After the first 3 games LeBron James should be on everybody's Mt. Rushmore...including mine!

Im Still Ballin
08-05-2016, 05:15 AM
Yup, anywhere from 8 to 12 is understandable.
Yep, Kobe's range is 8-12 whereas LeBron's is now 2-5

NZStreetBaller
08-05-2016, 05:26 AM
I don't really like Kobe, but after the greatest year in our fam's history, we're embarrassing ourselves with these threads.

Kobe is top-10, period.

You want Wilt over Kobe? :lol Kone won more than twice as many titles, and the same number as his team's best player. That, and Kobe played against far better competition.

I's take Kobe over Hakeem, Wilt, at least.

Lebron fam, we're better than this, let's act like we've been here before (though Lebron has done unprecedented things).

I'm Lebron fam, Kobe is top-10, and I approve this message.

No. No they are not. Look at this board lol

Doranku
08-05-2016, 07:39 AM
I can only imagine if Kobe had 7 first round exits like Hakeem, or unprecedented drop-offs from the regular season -> playoffs -> finals like Wilt, or lost 7 times in the finals like Jerry West.

I've even seen people here put Moses above Kobe... Moses has 2200 career playoff points. Kobe had 2000 from '08-10. :roll: Oh but he has 3 MVPs.... and in two of those years, he was bounced in the first round while shooting 44% and 43% from the floor as a 6'10 big man. :oldlol:

People just hate Kobe, so they magnify his failures and completely ignore his successes.

pauk
08-05-2016, 08:20 AM
Its known i never was a big fan of Kobe's game, the very moment i first saw him in 1996 i wasnt keen on his decision making, shoot-first & shoot alot attitude no matter how off the shot is, deem it very selfish (just look at even his retirement game, classic Kobe, perfect way to go out for him) never found such extreme perimeter gamestyle ok in a team game unless you actually were efficient like say Jordan (respected Kobe's work ethic & competitiveness tho, its legendary, one thing i did love about his game, including his footwork which was insane) but that doesnt mean its logical to deny his accolades, achievements, milestones, longevity & talent on both ends, he is definitely top 10... he proved himself with his 2nd alpha championship run he belongs there, just after getting an mvp aswell... wouldnt rank him top 10 with just his first 3 championship runs tho, for the same exact reasons of Pippen or Havlicek.

Doranku
08-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Its known i never was a big fan of Kobe's game, the very moment i first saw him in 1996 i wasnt keen on his decision making, shoot-first & shoot alot attitude no matter how off the shot is, deem it very selfish (just look at even his retirement game, classic Kobe, perfect way to go out for him) never found such extreme perimeter gamestyle ok in a team game unless you actually were efficient like say Jordan (respected Kobe's work ethic & competitiveness tho, its legendary, one thing i did love about his game, including his footwork which was insane) but that doesnt mean its logical to deny his accolades, achievements, milestones, longevity & talent on both ends, he is definitely top 10... he proved himself with his 2nd alpha championship run he belongs there, just after getting an mvp aswell... wouldnt rank him top 10 with just his first 3 championship runs tho, for the same exact reasons of Pippen or Havlicek.
:eek:

Good on you, pauk.

scuzzy
08-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Just spoke with the counsel of the Lebron Fam and it was concluded unanimously:

"12th"
adding

"and that's generous"

Big164
08-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Wilt Chamberlain holds anywhere from 60-100 all time nba records and he hasn't played in half a century.

So let me break it down to u. One guy is 6 DECADEs deep in the top 10, the other can't last 6 Days. Kobe is nothin special.

Dray n Klay
08-05-2016, 06:34 PM

adding

:banana: :banana:

Mr Feeny
08-05-2016, 06:35 PM

Hate to break this down to you but not everyone is going to have the same opinion. You're welcome to have Kobe in 10th place behind Lebron, Shaq and Duncan but the general consensus is that he's even further back and out of the top 10. Having said that, anyone who wants to convince himself that Kobe is a top 10 player is welcome to do that :applause:

Prometheus
08-05-2016, 06:39 PM
I would take Shaq, Magic, LeBron, Duncan, and Bird all over Kobe... but he's in the same tier with them. Only Jordan and Kareem are OBVIOUSLY better. Mind you I choose to omit ranking Russell and Wilt.

But yeah, like it or not, Kobe is right there with them.

JT123
08-05-2016, 06:41 PM
I would take Shaq, Magic, LeBron, Duncan, and Bird all over Kobe... but he's in the same tier with them. Only Jordan and Kareem are OBVIOUSLY better. Mind you I choose to omit ranking Russell and Wilt.

:facepalm Trolling is not your strength

InsanityKills
08-05-2016, 06:45 PM

adding
Bbbbut 5 ringzzz!:lol :lol

Mr Feeny
08-05-2016, 06:49 PM

You cant seriously think Kobe is in the same tier as LeBron, a man with more titles as lead dog, quadruple his mvps, better statistically in EVERY WAY, has high ppg averages in regular season, playoffs and finals despite being a playmaker unlike Kobe, has higher rpg, apg, bpg, spg, fg%, 3%fg, PER, VORP, BPM, RAPM, ws, and ws/48 in reg season, playoff AND finals:biggums:

Prometheus
08-05-2016, 07:49 PM
You cant seriously think Kobe is in the same tier as LeBron, a man with more titles as lead dog, quadruple his mvps, better statistically in EVERY WAY, has high ppg averages in regular season, playoffs and finals despite being a playmaker unlike Kobe, has higher rpg, apg, bpg, spg, fg%, 3%fg, PER, VORP, BPM, RAPM, ws, and ws/48 in reg season, playoff AND finals:biggums:

LeBron is the better player, but not by much.

Dray n Klay
08-05-2016, 07:53 PM
LeBron is the better player, but not by much.

So I guess Jordan wasn't much better than Clyde Drexler :confusedshrug:

34-24 Footwork
08-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Kobe and Bron are two totally different players. Not sure if they can be compared. One had made a living on the perimeter. One has made a living in the paint.

But yes...anyone thats watched basketball knows that they are both top 10 players.

Even If they swapped positions, you wouldnt really be able to tell who would "do better" with opposite teams.

This is as objective as it gets, unfortunately.

Prometheus
08-05-2016, 08:14 PM
So I guess Jordan wasn't much better than Clyde Drexler :confusedshrug:

Terrible comparison

Jordan > LeBron >(slightly)> Kobe >>> Drexler

Big164
08-05-2016, 08:21 PM

So you rank Kareem, but omit the one Center who consistently blocked Kareem's skyhooks, out rebounded kareem in his final 3 seasons, and got the last laugh by eliminating kareem in the playoffs on the way out?

Wilt did all that post surgery / post 33 years of age. On PRIME kareem.

Lebronxrings
08-05-2016, 09:29 PM
i trust billion dollar organizations like espn over you

GrapeApe
08-05-2016, 10:15 PM
i trust billion dollar organizations like espn over you

:oldlol:

So you're saying a media outlet, an organization that generates website traffic and tv ratings by being intentionally controversial, should be trusted? Are you really that naive?

Anyway, Kobe can realistically be ranked anywhere from 7-11 depending on the criteria and how it's weighed. Personally I have him neck and neck with Hakeem for the 10th spot.

retaxis
08-05-2016, 10:56 PM
I have Kobe and Lebron as equals right now as a huge lebron fan.

Kobe has the longevity which is proven (Lebron can stretch his career even longer if he keeps healthy) and Kobe has five championships (even if 1 or 2 of them were side-kick rings). Kobe however did play for the Lakers which has like 5 of the 10 best players to ever touch the ball so huge advantage there. A fair question would be what if Lebron was drafted in Kobe's position in the 90s (with the Jerry Buss Lakers) and Kobe was drafted by the Cavaliers in 03..I really see Kobe jumping teams to the bulls faster then he gets his shot up.

JebronLames
08-05-2016, 11:59 PM
I objectively have him at 12

Akrazotile
08-06-2016, 12:05 AM

adding

I do believe this is the official family doctrine. Based on the scholarship Ive done on Family customs, protocols, and statutes as an active member, that is the conclusion our tradition would mandate based on current circumstance. Individuals within the family are allowed to have their own views on it but as a composite singular entity making an endorsement, the official position of The Lebron Family is: "12th, and that's generous."

scuzzy
08-06-2016, 12:19 AM
I do believe this is the official family doctrine. Based on the scholarship Ive done on Family customs, protocols, and statutes as an active member, that is the conclusion our tradition would mandate based on current circumstance. Individuals within the family are allowed to have their own views on it but as a composite singular entity making an endorsement, the official position of The Lebron Family is: "12th, and that's generous."

Yep, that's the General Consensus of the Fam

12th and that's generous

ArbitraryWater
08-07-2016, 03:42 PM
I can only imagine if Kobe had 7 first round exits like Hakeem, or unprecedented drop-offs from the regular season -> playoffs -> finals like Wilt, or lost 7 times in the finals like Jerry West.

I've even seen people here put Moses above Kobe... Moses has 2200 career playoff points. Kobe had 2000 from '08-10. :roll: Oh but he has 3 MVPs.... and in two of those years, he was bounced in the first round while shooting 44% and 43% from the floor as a 6'10 big man. :oldlol:

People just hate Kobe, so they magnify his failures and completely ignore his successes.

Hakeem had like a 50/25 game in one of those exits, no? West was spectacular in the finals, and Kobe isn't even in Wilt's stratosphere..

Kobe and Bron are two totally different players. Not sure if they can be compared. One had made a living on the perimeter. One has made a living in the paint.

But yes...anyone thats watched basketball knows that they are both top 10 players.

Even If they swapped positions, you wouldnt really be able to tell who would "do better" with opposite teams.

This is as objective as it gets, unfortunately.

for a Kobetard, maybe

TheWinningFam
08-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Kobe is barely top 12

k0kakw0rld
08-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Let's be honest for a minute here...

What argument does Kobe have over

MJ?
KAJ?
BRON?
Russell?
Wilt?
Duncan?
Shaq?
Magic?
Bird?
Big O?
Olajuwon? :confusedshrug:

SouBeachTalents
08-07-2016, 05:31 PM

MJ?
KAJ?
BRON?
Russell?
Wilt?
Duncan?
Shaq?
Magic?
Bird?
Big O?

Kobe certainly has arguments over Oscar

Ca$H
08-07-2016, 07:09 PM

MJ?
KAJ?
BRON?
Russell?
Wilt?
Duncan?
Shaq?
Magic?
Bird?
Big O?

Big O- zero rings as the number one option. Accumulated empty stats in a weak era. 1 sidekick ring with KAJ.

Russell- played in a 10 team league and had the most stacked team in NBA history relative to the competition. He was a terrible player on offense. He was basically Ben Wallace playing against short nonathletic white guys.

Hakeem- had a better peak than Kobe but Kobe has superior cumulative career accolades/longevity.

Bird- had a better peak than Kobe but Kobe has superior cumulative career accolades/longevity. Also Bird needed a ridiculously stacked team to win- McHale and Parish(hall of famers) and Dennis Johnson(All Star). None of Bird's titles is as impressive as Kobe winning with a Gasol as his number 2 option(a poor man's McHale at best) and no other all stars.

Duncan- Kobe beat Duncan 4 out of 6 series in the playoffs. Kobe beat Duncan 4-1 in the 2008 WCF despite Parker and Ginobili outperforming Gasol and Odom. Duncan was also the team captain of the 2004 Bronze medal team while Kobe was the captain of the 2008 Gold Medal team.

Here is a pretty comprehensive Kobe vs Duncan debate-

http://thecomeback.com/nba/tale-of-the-tape-kobe-bryant-vs-tim-duncan.html

red1
08-07-2016, 08:50 PM
I agree that he is top 10. Bean is the 2nd best shooting guard and arguably the most skilled player all-time.

Lebronxrings
08-07-2016, 09:50 PM
:oldlol:

So you're saying a media outlet, an organization that generates website traffic and tv ratings by being intentionally controversial, should be trusted? Are you really that naive?

Anyway, Kobe can realistically be ranked anywhere from 7-11 depending on the criteria and how it's weighed. Personally I have him neck and neck with Hakeem for the 10th spot.
Its a huge company, alot of thought and research has to be put into it for people to respect it.

tmacattack33
08-07-2016, 10:13 PM
So...the OP thinks that for some reason his opinion about Kobe is worth more because he's a Lebron fan?

You think Kobe is top 10 OP? Good for you. We don't need a whole thread about it. Your opinion is not worth any more on this topic than a MJ fan, Wade fan, Curry fan, or Durant fan.

KirbyPls
08-07-2016, 10:35 PM
So...the OP thinks that for some reason his opinion about Kobe is worth more because he's a Lebron fan?

You think Kobe is top 10 OP? Good for you. We don't need a whole thread about it. Your opinion is not worth any more on this topic than a MJ fan, Wade fan, Curry fan, or Durant fan.

That escalated quickly. :lol