Lebron23
08-05-2016, 06:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ6n7R4M8jI

CP3 is amazing.

fourkicks44
08-05-2016, 06:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ6n7R4M8jI

CP3 is amazing.

Yeah def, will be ranked as one of the greatest PGs when all is said and done. Just needs to have SOME success in the playoffs. Unfortunately I'm a lil worried we have seen the best of Chris Paul, and he is on the downslide of his career.

fiddy
08-05-2016, 07:05 AM
Against the Queens :whatever:

aj1987
08-05-2016, 07:09 AM
Yeah def, will be ranked as one of the greatest PGs when all is said and done. Just needs to have SOME success in the playoffs. Unfortunately I'm a lil worried we have seen the best of Chris Paul, and he is on the downslide of his career.
Whenever he has had a chance to 'cement' his legacy, dude came up short. He's a once is a generation level talent, but can't overlook his shortcomings. He's what? 32 now? Unless he wins a ring, I wouldn't put him over Stockton and Curry. Heck, Nash has an argument over CP3 as well.

1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Isiah
4. Curry
5. Stockton

That's the top 5 IMO. Then we have Kidd, AI, Nash, Frazier (extremely underrated), Payton, and Cousy, all of whom have a argument over CP3. Irving and WB might end up higher all time than CP3 as well.

fourkicks44
08-05-2016, 07:47 AM
Whenever he has had a chance to 'cement' his legacy, dude came up short. He's a once is a generation level talent, but can't overlook his shortcomings. He's what? 32 now? Unless he wins a ring, I wouldn't put him over Stockton and Curry. Heck, Nash has an argument over CP3 as well.

1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Isiah
4. Curry
5. Stockton

That's the top 5 IMO. Then we have Kidd, AI, Nash, Frazier (extremely underrated), Payton, and Cousy, all of whom have a argument over CP3. Irving and WB might end up higher all time than CP3 as well.

Agree with you pretty much 100% except for throwing AI in there. Not really a point guard. Except for his 2015 championship, at this stage of his career and despite being a better 3pt and free throw shooter, Curry really isn't any better than AI. However give him a few more years and that no.4 is definitely his.

Dunno if everyone will agree with your assesment though :oldlol:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406653

Doranku
08-05-2016, 07:52 AM
How do you even rank a guy like Chris Paul? Dude has all the advanced stats in the world working in his favor, yet he literally has zero playoff success whatsoever.

Lebron23
08-05-2016, 08:24 AM
How do you even rank a guy like Chris Paul? Dude has all the advanced stats in the world working in his favor, yet he literally has zero playoff success whatsoever.

It's kinda very unfortunate. CP3 is currently in the same boat as Stockton before Malone led their team in the 1997 and 1998 NBA Finals.

raprap
08-05-2016, 08:29 AM
I love Chris Paul's game... Rooting for him to atleast show his greatness in the post season. The narration that he's a choker is unfair. He has really been unlucky so far.

Kenomax
08-05-2016, 08:31 AM
Paul is GOAT level PG, he just played in awful teams. Paul in Lakers would be Magic tier player today.
But still strong candidate to top 20 now, and can be only higher.

aj1987
08-05-2016, 08:40 AM
Paul is GOAT level PG, he just played in awful teams. Paul in Lakers would be Magic tier player today.
But still strong candidate to top 20 now, and can be only higher.
:biggums: :biggums:

You're kidding, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfZPHW_fuOI
http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-thunder-bolch-20140516-story.html

'14 and '15, he had very good teams. Lost a 3-1 series lead in '15.

Dude isn't the best or even the 2nd best PG in the league right now.

Agree with you pretty much 100% except for throwing AI in there. Not really a point guard. Except for his 2015 championship, at this stage of his career and despite being a better 3pt and free throw shooter, Curry really isn't any better than AI. However give him a few more years and that no.4 is definitely his.

Dunno if everyone will agree with your assesment though :oldlol:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406653
2 MVP's, and 1 ring. Arguably a top 5 GOAT offensive season. Sure, he doesn't have the longevity, but if he remains an elite player for another 3-4 seasons, he'd probably be ranked higher than Isiah. Top 3 GOAT PG.

Yeah, AI is an undersized SG. I agree that he shouldn't be on a list of PG's. I really wasn't thinking too much when I typed his name.

Kenomax
08-05-2016, 08:50 AM
:biggums: :biggums:

You're kidding, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfZPHW_fuOI
http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-thunder-bolch-20140516-story.html

'14 and '15, he had very good teams. Lost a 3-1 series lead in '15.

Dude isn't the best or even the 2nd best PG in the league right now.

2 MVP's, and 1 ring. Arguably a top 5 GOAT offensive season. Sure, he doesn't have the longevity, but if he remains an elite player for another 3-4 seasons, he'd probably be ranked higher than Isiah. Top 3 GOAT PG.

Yeah, AI is an undersized SG. I agree that he shouldn't be on a list of PG's. I really wasn't thinking too much when I typed his name.

He was best PG in league for years, now passed 30 so he's going down, but still even if not the best it's only because Curry and Westbrook primes.
Some people consider Isiah ahead of Chris what is a joke, CP as a 22 year old kid was much better than Isiah ever. He's got some issues in playoffs but overal he's been playing GOAT PG level basketball for like 8 years, it's much bigger achievement than anything what comes from any PG in history exluding 2 or 3.

aj1987
08-05-2016, 09:21 AM
He was best PG in league for years, now passed 30 so he's going down, but still even if not the best it's only because Curry and Westbrook primes.
Sure, he was the best PG in the league for a couple of seasons. Never said he wasn't. If you go back to my first post ITT, I said CP3 has/had amazing talent. One of the most talented, in fact.

Some people consider Isiah ahead of Chris what is a joke, CP as a 22 year old kid was much better than Isiah ever.
Are you kidding me right now? Isiah in '85 had a season, which is a couple of tiers above CP3's BEST.

RS - 21/5/14/2 on 46%
PO's - 24/5/11/2 on 50%

Took the beastly Celtics with Bird, Johnson, McHale, Parish, etc. to 6 games and averaged 26/6/11/2/1 on 48%. Even in the close out game, the guy put up 37/12/9. The only other two to grab more rebounds than the 6'1" PG were Laimbeer and Parish with 13.

He's got some issues in playoffs but overal he's been playing GOAT PG level basketball for like 8 years, it's much bigger achievement than anything what comes from any PG in history exluding 2 or 3.
If you're a GOAT level PG, you don't choke away multiple series. You also don't get blown out by 58 points AT HOME, while scoring 4/2/6 on 29% and 6 TOV's against the freaking Melo led Nuggets.

Again, right now:

Magic
Oscar
Stockton
Curry
Isiah

Are all unquestionably above him. Arguments could be made for Nash, Kidd, Frazier, and Cousy as well.

tpols
08-05-2016, 09:28 AM

he's played in a stacked conference his whole career .. like last year, the same win total that had his squad matched up with defending champion spurs in the first round, wouldve had him matched up with 40-42 Boston Celtics if he were out east.. people never consider that, but CP3 couldve definitely won titles given better circumstances. Especially if he got to see trash for multiple rounds in a row and only had to go HAM for a single round against a top opponent.

aj1987
08-05-2016, 09:38 AM
he's played in a stacked conference his whole career .. like last year, the same win total that had his squad matched up with defending champion spurs in the first round, wouldve had him matched up with 40-42 Boston Celtics if he were out east.. people never consider that, but CP3 couldve definitely won titles given better circumstances. Especially if he got to see trash for multiple rounds in a row and only had to go HAM for a single round against a top opponent.
LeBron has literally ruined you, dude. :oldlol:

Klay 3D
08-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Chris Paul will match Isiah Thomas' total stats in 2 years when he would be 32--the same age Isiah played until. He'd probably play until he's 35+ so that's career longevity on his side.

CP3 on a 100 possession basis does more than Isiah in the regular season or playoffs. He hasn't had any key playoff games yet besides that Spurs series, but there's still time.

CP3 outdoes every point guard (except Curry last year) in advanced stats because of how efficient he is. He has like half of Isiah's total turnovers playing only 2 less years.

CP3 is consistently on an all-defensive team.

CP3 with a ring as an impactful player will make me give him the nod over Isiah.

fiddy
08-05-2016, 12:12 PM

1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Isiah
4. Curry
5. Stockton

1 ring wont get him over Curry.

Young X
08-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Good to finally see a positive thread about CP3. :applause:

One of the many things he doesn't get enough credit for is how long he's been able to play at a high level. He's been an elite player for 9 going on 10 years now.

Who else from 2008 is still great now? Besides him and James everybody else fell off.

He's only 31 and already one of the greatest PG's of all time.

And all bullshit about his lack of playoff success is overblown. He's had maybe 3 legitimate chances to go to the conference finals and in 2 of those series he lost to a better team where they were supposed to lose.

Fire Colangelo
08-05-2016, 01:29 PM
Sure, he was the best PG in the league for a couple of seasons. Never said he wasn't. If you go back to my first post ITT, I said CP3 has/had amazing talent. One of the most talented, in fact.

Are you kidding me right now? Isiah in '85 had a season, which is a couple of tiers above CP3's BEST.

RS - 21/5/14/2 on 46%
PO's - 24/5/11/2 on 50%

Took the beastly Celtics with Bird, Johnson, McHale, Parish, etc. to 6 games and averaged 26/6/11/2/1 on 48%. Even in the close out game, the guy put up 37/12/9. The only other two to grab more rebounds than the 6'1" PG were Laimbeer and Parish with 13.

If you're a GOAT level PG, you don't choke away multiple series. You also don't get blown out by 58 points AT HOME, while scoring 4/2/6 on 29% and 6 TOV's against the freaking Melo led Nuggets.

Again, right now:

Magic
Oscar
Stockton
Curry
Isiah

Are all unquestionably above him. Arguments could be made for Nash, Kidd, Frazier, and Cousy as well.

You're so full of shit.

Isiah Thomas is not a better basketball player than Chris Paul. He lucked himself into a window of opportunity where Magic/Bird were declining and MJ was up and coming. Put CP3 on those 88-90 Pistons teams, he'd have similar amount of success if not more.

Kenomax
08-05-2016, 01:44 PM

RS - 21/5/14/2 on 46%
PO's - 24/5/11/2 on 50%

Again, right now:

Magic
Oscar
Stockton
Curry
Isiah

:facepalm
Yeahh, we've got, how many, 50 better PGs today than Cousy?
You made my day with comparing boxscore stats player from 80s to todays. Even pace adjusted Paul was generating as 22 year old kid 29.9 ppg. 5.7 reb. 16.4 ast. 3.9 stl. to Isiah 25.5 ppg. 5.3 reb. 16.6 as. 2.8 stl. Funny how you ignored also they shooting %, like 52.9 TS% Isiah (which was his 2nd best and his prime level) to 57.6% TS Paul (which was his worst result when comparing to next 7 years), or how you ignored how much better defensive player Paul is. Of course it's offensive too (Thomas 1985 was 115 ortg, which is his BEST results, while Paul as a rookie had 114 and it was his worst(!!) result, because for the next 8 years he had above 120). I don't even touch all other stats and fact that 1985 was easily best Thomas season, while Paul has been playing on his level for years. Paul already have about 7 better seasons than Thomas best, so what you say here:
"Isiah in '85 had a season, which is a couple of tiers above CP3's BEST."
means you are either completely troll or have completely no idea what are you talking about. So don't waste my time comparing players which are not even in the same league, Thomas maybe deserves being compared to Billups, Paul from the very first seasons has been at completely different league.

Frenetic
08-05-2016, 01:45 PM
definately still my favourite player. reason why i supported clippers all the way through last season and will support them again. not being from US gotta choose a team based on something. even tho its un cool to support the clippers, **** the lakers hipsters.

Slick
08-05-2016, 02:23 PM
58 point loss.

jayfan
08-05-2016, 02:36 PM
You're so full of shit.

Isiah Thomas is not a better basketball player than Chris Paul. He lucked himself into a window of opportunity where Magic/Bird were declining and MJ was up and coming. Put CP3 on those 88-90 Pistons teams, he'd have similar amount of success if not more.

Most asinine post of the year, to date.

Fire Colangelo
08-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Most asinine post of the year, to date.

Make a point to refute it?

I'm talking about pure basketball ability, Chris Paul is a better basketball player.

ShawkFactory
08-05-2016, 02:44 PM

1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Isiah
4. Curry
5. Stockton

Agreed.

By the end of his career though I think we'll look at Kyrie as more of an SG than PG.

Fire Colangelo
08-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Good to finally see a positive thread about CP3. :applause:

One of the many things he doesn't get enough credit for is how long he's been able to play at a high level. He's been an elite player for 9 going on 10 years now.

Who else from 2008 is still great now? Besides him and James everybody else fell off.

He's only 31 and already one of the greatest PG's of all time.

And all bullshit about his lack of playoff success is overblown. He's had maybe 3 legitimate chances to go to the conference finals and in 2 of those series he lost to a better team where they were supposed to lose.

Crazy there there's so much CP3 bashing, it's so unfair.

Dude's just really unlucky that he's played in one of the toughest conferences in league history. For all the shit he gets for not getting into the Conference Finals - he's never played against a team with less than 50 wins in his playoff career.

Then you have dudes claiming that Isiah Thomas is several tiers above Chris Paul - you just know they're ring counting sheeps that have no idea what they're talking about. Sure, Isiah was ferocious and fearless, and had arguably more heart than anyone that's played the game. But that doesn't change the fact that Chris Paul is a better player on both sides of the ball while playing in an era that actually plays defense. Impact wise, CP3 has at least just as much impact as Isiah Thomas on the game.

Young X
08-05-2016, 04:33 PM
^ It's very unfair and he's very underappreciated.

And to add on to playing in the west, he's also playing for 2 of the worst franchises in NBA history without any HOF players and having terrible luck with injuries to either him or his teammates.

And all those series were lost to teams that were better than his besides the Rockets series. The Spurs, Thunder, Lakers, Nuggets, etc were all expected to win.

That's not to say he hasn't played on a few good teams and never had chances because there have been a couple of opportunities to go a little further.

But to hold that against him like it makes him less of a player will always be stupid.

Fire Colangelo
08-05-2016, 06:41 PM
^ Couldn't agree more.

He didn't even play bad during the Rockets series, his team just completely imploded for whatever reason.

Just watching him play is a joy - he makes the right decisions more often then not, and has hit a fair amount of clutch shots. Yet he gets labeled as a choker by the media and casual fans because of the circumstances he's in.

People also forget how athletic and explosive he was before his injury - we could've been looking at the GOAT PG had his athleticism not been robbed by the injury (even so he was the best PG in the league for multiple years).

andgar923
08-05-2016, 06:46 PM
I didn't get a chance to see him playing the playoffs as a Hornet, so I can't speak on that.

But the Clipper years are misleading.

HE's performed, ultimately Griffin has been a dud for the most part. CP3 has also played with injuries that have obviously hurt his game. Dude would be limping around the court playing his heart out trying his hardest.

Can't fault him for not going all out, ultimately there are circumstances out of his control.

andgar923
08-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Crazy there there's so much CP3 bashing, it's so unfair.

Dude's just really unlucky that he's played in one of the toughest conferences in league history. For all the shit he gets for not getting into the Conference Finals - he's never played against a team with less than 50 wins in his playoff career.

Then you have dudes claiming that Isiah Thomas is several tiers above Chris Paul - you just know they're ring counting sheeps that have no idea what they're talking about. Sure, Isiah was ferocious and fearless, and had arguably more heart than anyone that's played the game. But that doesn't change the fact that Chris Paul is a better player on both sides of the ball while playing in an era that actually plays defense. Impact wise, CP3 has at least just as much impact as Isiah Thomas on the game.

Ill get crucified for stating this, but CP3>> Zeke

CP3 was just better in almost every single facet of the game, Zeke happened to play on a stacked TEAM. I don't care what people say, Griffin is crumbs in the post season when it actually matters. Zach Randolph just seems to make Griff his bitch every time they face off.

On paper the Clippers look stacked, but the team chemistry isn't there, the coaching is inconsistent, and too many chefs in the kitchen all around. The Clippers ARE and should be CP3's team. But today people walk on egg shells trying not to offend anyone, and this causes uncertainty for some players which later translates into role confusion. The Clippers are 'paper' stacked, Pistons are a true TEAM. On paper Laimbeer doesn't look like a great player compared to what the Clips have had. But he played his role to a T, helped give that team an identity, he just fit. Clippers are wel.... the Clippers and no fault of CP3's.

Young X
08-05-2016, 07:54 PM
^ Couldn't agree more.

He didn't even play bad during the Rockets series, his team just completely imploded for whatever reason.26/5/10 on 63 TS% in the 3 losses against the Rockets.

Yeah, let's blame him. He's the guy that wasn't good enough. Not Crawford who shot 29%, or Barnes who shot 23% or Rivers who was terrible. People are so f*cking stupid.

And that's still the only series he arguably shouldve won that he lost. To another 56 win team. Without homecourt. After missing the first 2 games with injury. And still playing at his normal level in the games he did play. And after everybody predicted they would lose to the Spurs and they won.

Cone
08-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Wow people are REALLY overrating Curry? 4th best PG all time? WTF?

Stop living in the moment and falling for the media hype. Chris Paul > Curry as a player, no doubt. Literally all Curry does better is shoot 3s, and Paul is still a great shooter in his own right.

Paul shits on steph