PDA

View Full Version : Honestly.. How do we move on from here?

Im Still Ballin
08-05-2016, 08:00 AM
LeBron's officially a cemented great at this point.. The only thing against him for so long now was winning and championship for Cleveland.. It was the thing that people still held against him like they did when he didn't have any championships to begin with. For pretty much the near last decade the story has been all about LeBron and the trials and tribulations of his greatness as the Chosen One.

It's so hard to move on when this has been the main driving point of pretty much the NBA for so long... Will we ever see another superstar take up this mantle of responsibility and expectation again?

Now that I think about it, Durant and the Warriors... But that's a team, not an individual.. Composed of a bunch of heartless losers, save Draymond.

Maybe I was wrong.. I guess the Warriors made sure the story continued.. Because it just seems the narrative... The stakes... They just keep getting bigger for LeBron James... My God he just won Cleveland a championship... Beat a 73 win team.. Came back from 3-1 down... Put up 30/11/9/2.3/2.6 on 49.4%...

But still. The stakes have risen once more.

My God we are blessed to watch this man.

Im Still Ballin
08-05-2016, 08:12 AM
But alas. The show must go on. But man... If the NBA were a movie.. This is how you end it. This was a fairytale finish and that ain't sugar coating it.

I guess in some strange way... I'm going to miss the unanswered questions about LeBron. The story of his rite of passage. Like Superman before he donned on the cape. The pain and suffering.. The wisdom and experience that forged the legend we see today.

But really, I'm more proud than ever. Been watching him every step of the way.

I<3NBA
08-05-2016, 08:24 AM
haters will always have something to say about him, no matter how much he does. they want him to win a ring with the worst cast possible, with the worst coach he can find. and maybe even then, they still won't be contented. because there's always the convenient excuse of the NBA "rigging it for Lebron," nvm that for the past 2 years since Curry broke out, the NBA has pretty much made Curry and the Warriors its baby.

but Lebron doesn't have anything to prove anymore. not to himself, to his fans, to his haters. he's brought a championship to Cleveland, a "cursed city."

everything else after this is just gravy. he's fulfilled the one promise he's always been crucified for.