PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron replaced Kobe, how many rings for 08-10' Lakers with Pau as spot-up shooter

3ball
08-06-2016, 07:27 PM
As usual, everyone would be saying how little help Lebron had, which is hilarious, since Kobe won 2 rings by getting the most out of Pau.

warriorfan
08-06-2016, 07:31 PM
Love stats Pre-LeBron - 26/13/2/59% TS

Bosh stats Pre-LeBron - 24/11/2/59% TS

Pau stats Pre-Kobe - 19/8/3/59% TS

It's safe to say that Kevin Love and Chris Bosh were better than Pau Gasol before they joined with their new teams

LeBron needed Bosh and Love as third options when he won

Kobe had Paul Gasol as a second option when he won

I don't believe LeBron would win any championships with the 08-10 Laker teams

3ball
08-06-2016, 07:43 PM

It's safe to say that Kevin Love and Chris Bosh were better than Pau Gasol before they joined with their new teams

That's interesting - let me see if I understand:

Before joining Lebron, Bosh and Love produced far more and were better players than Pau, yet Lebron used them as THIRD options, while Kobe used the lesser Pau as a SECOND option

So Lebron clearly needed greater help while winning his rings, so he couldn't win with just a PF like Kobe, especially since Lebron invariably craters the stats of his PF's.

warriorfan
08-06-2016, 07:50 PM
That's interesting - let me see if I understand:

Before joining Lebron, Bosh and Love produced far more and were better players than Pau, yet Lebron used them as THIRD options, while Kobe used the lesser Pau as a SECOND option

So Lebron clearly needed greater help while winning his rings, so he couldn't win with just a PF like Kobe, especially since Lebron invariably craters the stats of his PF's.
Spot-on. Couldn't of said it better myself.

JohnMax
08-06-2016, 08:10 PM
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/jTIJXMnTE0sIO8Ztth1UTZs2K9c=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3671790/pau_pnp_2.0.gif

3ball
08-06-2016, 08:16 PM
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/jTIJXMnTE0sIO8Ztth1UTZs2K9c=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3671790/pau_pnp_2.0.gif

The Bulls didn't win any rings with Pau doing that.

And obviously, Lebron could never win any rings by cratering Pau's stats and turning him into a spot-up shooter like he did Bosh and Love - Lebron was lucky he had a superstar wings as 2nd options to pick up the slack... Otoh, Kobe won 2 rings by getting the most out of Pau... He didn't need a superstar wing like Wade or Kyrie because he was already getting the most out of Pau.

Ultimately, Lebron's stats are better than Kobe's, but Lebron achieves those stats by reducing teammate stats - this is statistical fact.. Otoh, Jordan (who had better stats than Lebron) and Kobe (who didn't) both achieve their stats WITHOUT reducing their teammates' stats...

NOT suppressing teammates' stats is often more important than accumulating stats yourself, which is why they're 6/6 and 5/7, while Lebron is a losing 3/7

Dray n Klay
08-06-2016, 08:22 PM
LeBron won a championship this year with 0-all stars

Otoh Kobe has never won a championship with 0 all-stars

Since Gasol was an all-star in 2009-2010, we can conclude LeBron would easily win with Gasol, since he won this year with 0 all-stars

Bankaii
08-06-2016, 08:22 PM
So you post nothing but raw Finals stats to support you MJ>Lebron agenda.
Yet you're using everything except for stats to support the idiotic notion that Kobe>Lebron.

Why not post their stats?:oldlol:

Mr Feeny
08-06-2016, 08:25 PM
LeBron won a championship this year with 0-all stars

Otoh Kobe has never won a championship with 0 all-stars

Since Gasol was an all-star in 2009-2010, we can conclude LeBron would easily win with Gasol, since he won this year with 0 all-stars

Exactly right. GASOL lead the Lakers in PER in 2010. Carrying Kobrick like nothing else:lol

Smoke117
08-06-2016, 09:08 PM
1-9

stalkerforlife
08-06-2016, 09:58 PM
He would need a THIRD superstar level talent to even have a chance.

As has been PROVEN.

He ONLY plays on teams with THREE SUPERSTAR level talents.

TheWinningFam
08-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Kobe went 3/8 with prime shaq.

Lebron went 2-4 with washed up wade

Therefore we can conclude that lebron is the better finals performer.

plowking
08-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Before joining the Lakers, Odom was a 17/10/4 guy.

Lamar Odom was a better player than Gasol too apparently, but Kobe demoted him to a 3rd option.

Jasper
08-06-2016, 11:40 PM

You could say this = but I am embarrassed for you = PATHETIC

Kenomax
08-07-2016, 06:34 AM
LeBron is about 2 leagues above Kobe, so I would say easily 5 rings.

3ball
08-07-2016, 06:47 AM
LeBron is about 2 leagues above Kobe, so I would say easily 5 rings.

Kobe won 2 titles with Pau as his 2nd option, whereas Lebron needs a superstar wing to be 2nd option, since he reduces bigs like Pau/Bosh/Love into spot-up shooters.. Lebron wouldn't win shit with Pau as 2nd option spot-up shooter.

Kobe's superior success with big men is a great example of why he's the better basketball player - his more versatile scoring allows him to fit with any teammates and into any system, which enables the high brand of basketball and teamwork necessary to win consistently at the highest level (playoffs and Finals - 5/7 vs. 3/7).

Furthermore, it's statistical fact (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416393) that Lebron achieves his stats by reducing his teammates stats, which negates his statistical advantage over Kobe.. It's often more important to not suppress teammates stats than personally achieve stats, since it fosters better teamwork that can succeed consistently at the highest level.

Kenomax
08-07-2016, 06:57 AM
So what if Pau had impact on Kobe level those years and we clearly see James had much bigger impact during his champs? It's good for Love, he stopped being stat padder and became good playoff player beacuse of LeBron, he even learned playing defense. Love and Kyrie were two biggest losers in pre-LeBron years, now both are champions, that's how impactful LeBron is. LeBron never had player with similiar impact to 2008-2010 Pau or with similiar frontcour. He would be winning for years having it.
The next is just some kind of joke, Kobe without a big was barely playoff player, we've got his impact stats and can clearly see he's nowhere near to GOAT level players like LeBron. How did you measure that LeBron reduces someone stats? :facepalm

Bigsmoke
08-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Gasol wasn't a bad 2nd option type player at all. He was at least good enough to build a playoff caliber team around.

Mo Williams or z were supposed to be better?

I think its funny that Laker fans think bosh was better than Gasol because of his stats but when comparing LBJ to Kobe, that shit go out the window