PDA

View Full Version : Steve Kerr: "Durant wanted a new challenge"

Hey Yo
08-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Kerr added:

“Circumstances kind of dictate, I guess, that some people are going to see him as a villain. But it’s only because he decided to go elsewhere to play. He wanted to change his scenery, he wanted a new challenge. More than anything he wanted to play with our guys. He loves Draymond [Green] and Steph and Klay [Thompson] and Andre [Iguodala]. Seeing those guys in New York, he loved seeing the chemistry that exists and he wanted to be a part of it.”

:oldlol:

Smoke117
08-08-2016, 04:54 PM
http://blog.finishline.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/wade-laugh.gif

MaxPlayer
08-08-2016, 04:58 PM
Well he got one:

It will now be a challenge for him to ever make the All-Time Top 11.

TylerOO
08-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Kerr looks like a rotting witch.

Naero
08-08-2016, 05:01 PM

What is that new challenge, again? Being a perennial NBA Finalist now that his teammates can probably bail out his Western Conference Finals chokejobs?

If he wanted a a truly Alpha-esque challenge, maybe he should have been motivated to avenge the Western Conference Finals loss against the team that he easily could have beaten if he showed up in Game 5 and 6.

ArbitraryWater
08-08-2016, 05:03 PM

What is that new challenge, again? Being a perennial NBA Finalist now that his teammates can probably bail out his Western Conference Finals chokejobs?

If he wanted a a truly Alpha-esque challenge, maybe he should have been motivated to avenge the Western Conference Finals loss against the team that he easily could have beaten if he showed up in Game 5 and 6.

good to see you not promote this bitchness :applause:

JohnMax
08-08-2016, 05:06 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/26FxF9hemWbNSIwN2/giphy.gif

Dragonyeuw
08-08-2016, 05:10 PM
What challenge? Durant's move neutered the one team out west that seriously can challenge GS, while removing his main stumbling block( again out west) enroute to the finals.

Indian guy
08-08-2016, 05:17 PM
Well, his own coach wasn't going to call him a b!tch.

But nice try, Steve. We all know, and yourself included, what he is. New challenge :oldlol:

Bankaii
08-08-2016, 05:23 PM
His only challenge is going to be if he can outchoke Curry in the Finals.
That's pretty hard to do.

Nilocon165
08-08-2016, 05:26 PM
:lol

warriorfan
08-08-2016, 05:28 PM

Most 4th Quarter Points during the Finals

1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
1993 Michael Jordan 10.3

Perhaps the most critical segment of this series came at the end of the third quarter of Game 4, Cleveland cutting the Warriors lead to three. The Q was rocking. The Finals hung in the balance.

Curry calmly called for the ball, shook a defender and drained a three, pushing Golden State to a six-point lead. In a reversal of roles, a gassed LeBron tried to answer with a three of his own at the buzzer, only to miss badly. When James went to the bench to rest at the start of the fourth quarter, the Warriors seized control of the game and the Finals.

Curry finished with 22 that night. He then dropped 37, including 17 in the fourth quarter, in Game 5. On Tuesday, he dropped a couple of massive threes to help stem a fourth-quarter Cleveland surge, then when double-teamed, hit a wide-open Klay Thompson for another.

They did it with a wizard, Stephen Curry, at point guard. Curry nailed three key threes in Golden State’s 105-97 Game 6 victory in Cleveland Tuesday night, because that’s what he does. In the clincher, however, the regular-season MVP’s passing stood out. He patiently let the Cavs double-team him far from the basket – what choice did the Cavs have against a guy who can sink shots from Cincinnati? – and hit cutters down the lane. Or flipped one-handed passes down low. Or skipped the ball cross-court, or into the corner, to open three-point shooters. Curry had eight assists. Golden State finished with 13 three-pointers.

inclinerator
08-08-2016, 05:35 PM
:yaohappy:

bdreason
08-08-2016, 05:39 PM
Same way LeBron wanted a new challenge by joining Wade and Bosh. :applause:

tpols
08-08-2016, 05:44 PM
haha good one steve. i like the bait, "new challenge".. fire the haters up a bit.. like puppets dancing w/ strings . KD joining for the chemistry. spot on. shots fired at russell as well. Nice mind-gaming from Kerr here, almost zen like.

Spurs m8
08-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Career vulture Kerr needs to thank his lucky stars he's been handed such another big piece to help him in life.

Why are these Warrior losers lying about the situation?

He took the easy road.

The Warrior team has no guts and is beta as f*ck.

Bankaii
08-08-2016, 05:58 PM

1993 Michael Jordan 10.3

The point difference between teams heading into the 4th:
Game 1: tied, Curry in the 4th: 4 points on 40%.
Game 2: 3 point lead, Curry in the 4th: 5 points on 33%.
Game 3: 17 point lead, Curry in the 4th: 17 points on 66%.
Game 4: 6 point lead, Curry in the 4th: 7 points on 60%.
Game 5: 6 point lead, Curry in the 4th: 13 on 71%.
Game 6: 12 point lead, Curry in the 4: 8 points on 50%.

In the 2 closest games of the series Curry was trash in the 4th.
A lot of his points came from pure stat padding.

Naero
08-08-2016, 06:25 PM

I lost a wealth of respect for LeBron when he made that decision myself, but it's facile to narrate that their decisions were even comparable.

Many can respect if one wants a more competent, well-glued supporting cast, but that isn't the issue here; Durant's team was minutes away from eliminating the Warriors in Game 6

LilEddyCurry
08-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Thanks KD for making the decision look like nothing.

bdreason
08-08-2016, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=Naero]I lost a wealth of respect for LeBron when he made that decision myself, but it's facile to narrate that their decisions were even comparable.

Many can respect if one wants a more competent, well-glued supporting cast, but that isn't the issue here; Durant's team was minutes away from eliminating the Warriors in Game 6

alanLA92
08-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Kerr is so full of s***. :lol

diamenz
08-08-2016, 07:14 PM
kd is a straight up bitch leaving wb on his own. simple as that. much love for the brook.

i loved curry and warriors, now i just piss on 'em.

raprap
08-08-2016, 07:54 PM
He didn't even finish his previous challenge and he's looking for a new one? :lol

AintNoSunshine
08-08-2016, 08:41 PM
How are these so good at blatantly lying? Everyone knows he bished out. Took the easy way out. Yet these guys are just going to pretend this actually is anything else?

Spurs m8
08-08-2016, 08:46 PM
How are these so good at blatantly lying? Everyone knows he bished out. Took the easy way out. Yet these guys are just going to pretend this actually is anything else?

Imagine we lived in a world without p*ssy media?

Imagine these weak dogs asking questions actually called them out on the sh*t they speak.

Same as politics too....weak lap dogs with no balls, controlled by the establishment.

Cheers

FireDavidKahn
08-08-2016, 08:59 PM
He wanted a new challenge and yet took the easiest road possible?

:facepalm

Cone
08-08-2016, 09:00 PM

leave it to dumbass warrior 'fans' to mention LeBron going to the Heat :oldlol:

Its not even CLOSE to being as bad. Now gtfo, and stop posting.

pauk
08-08-2016, 09:03 PM

Are you ***ing serious now? If Durant wanted a challenge equivalent to that he would be joining Sacramento Kings w/ Demarcus Cousins (a team & star he owned and a team/player that got swept or missed the playoffs past 4 years) and then proceeded to immediately take them to Finals & multiple championships...

Durant didnt do that & neither is he good enough to WIN like that....

Wade/Bosh/Miami didnt win a championship together just after whooping Lebrons/Cavs arse in the ECF, just after having the most wins in NBA history & then being 1 pass away from another title... a team that would&did&could win the championship with Lebron on the bench... literally ringchasing & joining the competition just a month after whooping your arse, literally begging for one to be handed to you on a silverplate... even i would stop being a Lebron fan, thats literally the most blatant ringchase ever & weakest move ever, literally going into a fetal position...

Lebron instead left the team that would go to the Finals (best team in the East) & would whoop Wade/Miami/Bosh arse 24-7.... they were no competition whatsoever, he instead joined a Wade team that missed the playoffs or got swept in 1st round 4-5 straight years (in the "leastern conference" to!).... and CARRIED that specific roster as the alpha to their first Finals and championships....

Nowhere near similar to what Lebron did... i would actually understand & respect Durants move like hell if he did something equivalent, he went & did the complete opposite... infact i doubt a superstar in his prime has ever done something like that....

Its literally like if Lebron joined Kobe/Lakers in 2009 or Garnett/Pierce/Ray/Celtics in 2008... or Duncan/Parker/Spurs in 2007........ or better yet like if Jordan joined the Detroit Pistons in late 80s... or Magic/Lakers or Bird/Celtics... not is it only blatant ringchasing but shocking considering you join the team/players that would whoop your arse recently big time, where as Pistons were even making you bleed.... like wtf... literally going into a fetal position, cant beat em join em....

I never had a bad word to say about Durant, always liked his game.... but i am just realistic, this move shocked me, its easily the most pathetic thing i ever seen from a superstar in his prime... its impossible to defend him...

He is not forming/creating a team-franchise like Lebron did starting from scratch & carrying them to their original promise land step by step, where it would be challenging & where he would be EARNING the championship..... he is instead JOINING such a team, thats already established, HISTORICALLY established, a team where he can guaranteed be on the bench and still get a ring next year (you can literally say that since they have done exactly that recently, just after kicking his arse in the playoffs).... He will not EARN, he will be GIVEN....

Its very obvious Durant knows this & he doesnt care, thats the shocking part.... he has simply given up, crumbled, "just give me a ring damnit", YOLO, **** it...

Spurs m8
08-08-2016, 09:07 PM
leave it to dumbass warrior 'fans' to mention LeBron going to the Heat :oldlol:

Its not even CLOSE to being as bad. Now gtfo, and stop posting.

Calling out the Warrior fans, they're all a bunch of shady snakes....

ArbitraryWater
08-08-2016, 09:12 PM
The Cavs were perennial Eastern Conference contenders when LeBron left. They made more Finals and CF's than the Thunder did. You can say that's because they had LeBron, but the same can be said for the Thunder; they may not even make the playoffs without Durant.

You're assuming what Durant's role will be before he's even played a game. If he's the teams 1st option, and leading scorer, then your argument pertaining to his role on the team is moot.

I didn't like Durant's decision, and I don't care about his legacy. The modern fans and media have created the narrative that winning titles is all that matters, regardless of how you do it. That's why the modern generation of players have no shame in teaming up with one another. LeBron did it. Durant did it. And I doubt they'll be the last ones to do it.

LeBron had some of the strongest impact in history on those Cavalier teams (not just saying it as it should be blatantly obvious, but actually statistically), and you're comparing it to KD's http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2813/22/97/24/smiles/2238782717.gif

Not a word about the teams they joined either? http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2813/22/97/24/smiles/2238782717.gif Not confronting yourself with it helps you remain the thought of the two being similar I guess

red1
08-08-2016, 09:13 PM
that ****ing avatar :roll: :roll: :roll:

hold this L
08-09-2016, 02:28 AM
Ironic that the Brontards are getting salty over this

poido123
08-09-2016, 02:54 AM
https://mccartneyfans.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/spin-doctors-longview-squirrel-fest-95.jpeg

Lakers Legend#32
08-09-2016, 03:29 AM
Lack of any type of cultural or social life is what drove Durant out of Oklahoma Junction.

Nick Young
08-09-2016, 03:40 AM
What challenge? Durant's move neutered the one team out west that seriously can challenge GS, while removing his main stumbling block( again out west) enroute to the finals.
The Lakers are still in the west.

dunksby
08-09-2016, 05:31 AM
Hating on KD is nothing abnormal, we saw it after LeBron's decision, KD knew what he was doing when he announced his decision. Now we got to wait and see if he manages to win it all as the man, get a sidekick ring or fall flat on his face.
PS: Nobody loves Draymond Green, only his mom and himself.

DirkNowitzki41
08-09-2016, 05:47 AM
You know it's bad when the only people who defend him are his fans, and his team. :oldlol:

Everyone else knows hes a bitch. But Kerr shouldnt straight up lie to his face to try and make him happy likes hes a 10 year old. It's not a challenge to ride the coattails of a 73 win team. A challenge is taking them out.. something the true greats like MJ and LeBron would do.

Dragonyeuw
08-09-2016, 07:20 AM
The Lakers are still in the west.

Oh yes, how can I forget? 60 win season coming up for the Lakers.....

Dragonyeuw
08-09-2016, 07:21 AM
Are you ***ing serious now? If Durant wanted a challenge equivalent to that he would be joining Sacramento Kings w/ Demarcus Cousins (a team & star he owned and a team/player that got swept or missed the playoffs past 4 years) and then proceeded to immediately take them to Finals & multiple championships...

Durant didnt do that & neither is he good enough to WIN like that....

Wade/Bosh/Miami didnt win a championship together just after whooping Lebrons/Cavs arse in the ECF, just after having the most wins in NBA history & then being 1 pass away from another title... a team that would&did&could win the championship with Lebron on the bench... literally ringchasing & joining the competition just a month after whooping your arse, literally begging for one to be handed to you on a silverplate... even i would stop being a Lebron fan, thats literally the most blatant ringchase ever & weakest move ever, literally going into a fetal position...

Lebron instead left the team that would go to the Finals (best team in the East) & would whoop Wade/Miami/Bosh arse 24-7.... they were no competition whatsoever, he instead joined a Wade team that missed the playoffs or got swept in 1st round 4-5 straight years (in the "leastern conference" to!).... and CARRIED that specific roster as the alpha to their first Finals and championships....

Nowhere near similar to what Lebron did... i would actually understand & respect Durants move like hell if he did something equivalent, he went & did the complete opposite... infact i doubt a superstar in his prime has ever done something like that....

Its literally like if Lebron joined Kobe/Lakers in 2009 or Garnett/Pierce/Ray/Celtics in 2008... or Duncan/Parker/Spurs in 2007........ or better yet like if Jordan joined the Detroit Pistons in late 80s... or Magic/Lakers or Bird/Celtics... not is it only blatant ringchasing but shocking considering you join the team/players that would whoop your arse recently big time, where as Pistons were even making you bleed.... like wtf... literally going into a fetal position, cant beat em join em....

I never had a bad word to say about Durant, always liked his game.... but i am just realistic, this move shocked me, its easily the most pathetic thing i ever seen from a superstar in his prime... its impossible to defend him...

He is not forming/creating a team-franchise like Lebron did starting from scratch & carrying them to their original promise land step by step, where it would be challenging & where he would be EARNING the championship..... he is instead JOINING such a team, thats already established, HISTORICALLY established, a team where he can guaranteed be on the bench and still get a ring next year (you can literally say that since they have done exactly that recently, just after kicking his arse in the playoffs).... He will not EARN, he will be GIVEN....

Its very obvious Durant knows this & he doesnt care, thats the shocking part.... he has simply given up, crumbled, "just give me a ring damnit", YOLO, **** it...

Jesus christ dude. The guy makes one throwaway comment and you reply with a dissertation. You guys take this shit wayyyyy too seriously.

hold this L
08-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Anyone watching Durant in the Olympics? Lawd have merc, start the season already. :pimp:

Sakkreth
08-09-2016, 09:05 AM
Being a pussay is a challenge now?

toneloc103
08-09-2016, 09:14 AM