PDA

View Full Version : True or False: Australia will be the next country to win Gold from USA in basketball?

poido123
08-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Simmons and hopefully Thon Maker down the track. Dante Exum hopefully comes back well from injury.

We are producing good talent through the American college system.

Can we do it?

plowking
08-08-2016, 11:07 PM
Give it 2 weeks.

Rooster
08-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Simmons and hopefully Thon Maker down the track. Dante Exum hopefully comes back well from injury.

We are producing good talent through the American college system.

Can we do it?

The rest are too unathletic and soft.:roll:

You need more of our brothers to breed your women:oldlol:

plowking
08-08-2016, 11:43 PM
The rest are too unathletic and soft.:roll:

You need more of our brothers to breed your women:oldlol:

Your entire country outside of Ohio complained about one of our players being too rough and tough. :oldlol:

Rooster
08-08-2016, 11:54 PM
Your entire country outside of Ohio complained about one of our players being too rough and tough. :oldlol:

That player need to compensate though:oldlol:

Hes playing like he wrestles with crocodiles:oldlol:

Nanners
08-09-2016, 12:37 AM
Since 1936 when basketball became included in the Olympics, there are only 3 times that the USA mens basketball team has not won gold. The first time was before we were sending NBA players, the second time came against the soviets and had some very shady officiating, the third time was 2004 when most of the best NBA players sat out and the team had serious problems with the roster makeup and chemistry.

Eventually the US will lose again, and Australia could be the next team to beat us, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

~primetime~
08-09-2016, 01:02 AM
Australia won a few medals now they are all "we'll defeat everyone at everything!"

Cute

plowking
08-09-2016, 01:04 AM
Australia won a few medals now they are all "we'll defeat everyone at everything!"

Cute

The fact you couldn't see it as a joke and pun at the expense of your own country makes it funnier. :oldlol:

plowking
08-09-2016, 01:06 AM
That player need to compensate though:oldlol:

Hes playing like he wrestles with crocodiles:oldlol:

Not sure how exactly considering your country was running nation wide reports about him, and studying our countries national sport to describe how it is he became so tough. :oldlol:

Don't know how many times I heard Rugby and AFL mentioned during that period of time. :oldlol:

~primetime~
08-09-2016, 01:17 AM
The fact you couldn't see it as a joke and pun at the expense of your own country makes it funnier. :oldlol:
That's poido, he's 100% serious.

Rooster
08-09-2016, 01:28 AM
Not sure how exactly considering your country was running nation wide reports about him, and studying our countries national sport to describe how it is he became so tough. :oldlol:

Don't know how many times I heard Rugby and AFL mentioned during that period of time. :oldlol:

He's a blip in our radar screen:oldlol:

When you guys start producing fighters like us:bowdown:

Then you can knock in the door:oldlol:

Otherwise stick to Rugby and riding those kangaroos:roll:

Nick Young
08-09-2016, 01:41 AM
no

plowking
08-09-2016, 02:34 AM
He's a blip in our radar screen:oldlol:

When you guys start producing fighters like us:bowdown:

Then you can knock in the door:oldlol:

Otherwise stick to Rugby and riding those kangaroos:roll:

Amazing.

Your population is 20 times the size of ours, and yet here you are with the inferiority complex. :oldlol:

Nick Young
08-09-2016, 02:37 AM
Amazing.

Your population is 20 times the size of ours, and yet here you are with the inferiority complex. :oldlol:
stop projecting, kid.:roll: :roll: :roll:

poido123
08-09-2016, 02:51 AM
That's poido, he's 100% serious.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Rooster
08-09-2016, 02:59 AM
Amazing.

SoCal have the same population and still produce better ballers and fighters:confusedshrug:

Nanners
08-09-2016, 03:34 AM
SoCal have the same population and still produce better ballers and fighters:confusedshrug:

yeah there are a lot of states that could make teams that would wreck every country in the world not named united states

Illinois:
Derrick Rose
Dwyane Wade
Evan Turner
Iggy
Anthony Davis

bench: Beverly, Shumpert, Tony Allen

New York:
Kemba
Danny Green
Tobias Harris
Carmelo Anthony
Andre Drummond

bench: Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, Channing Frye, Mo Harkless

North Carolina:
Chris Paul
John Wall
Kent Bazemore
John Henson
Hassan Whiteside

bench: Ish Smith, Anthony Morrow

Pennsylvania:
Kyle Lowry
Tyreke Evans
MKG
Marcus Morris
Markieff Morris

bench: Kobe, Dion Waiters, Jameer Nelson

Texas:
Ronnie Price
Jimmy Butler
Wesley Matthews
Lamarcus Aldridge
Deandre Jordan

bench: Chris Bosh, Mike Dunleavy

Georgia:
Toney Douglas
Jodie Meeks
Jae Crowder
Al-Farouq Aminu
Derrick Favors

bench: Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, JJ Hickson

California:
Russel Westbrook
James Harden
Kawhi Leonard
Paul George
Kevin Love

bench: Klay Thompson, Damian Lillard, Demar Derozan, Tyson Chandler, Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez, Brandon Jennings

plowking
08-09-2016, 03:41 AM
stop projecting, kid.:roll: :roll: :roll:

No surprise that your post was unoriginal.

Nick Young
08-09-2016, 03:50 AM
No surprise that your post was unoriginal.
Sometimes the truth is unoriginal. :cheers:

plowking
08-09-2016, 07:31 AM
Sometimes the truth is unoriginal. :cheers:

Nah. I'm talking about you being boring individually.

masonanddixon
08-10-2016, 06:20 AM
I'll be watching the game tomorrow morning.

aj1987
08-10-2016, 06:52 AM
I'll be watching the game tomorrow morning.
Will you be watching it with the Australian chapter of the klan?

masonanddixon
08-10-2016, 07:01 AM

No I'll be watching a live stream from work, son.

plowking
08-10-2016, 07:50 AM
No I'll be watching a live stream from work, son.

So the klan it is.

poido123
08-10-2016, 09:35 AM

Wow that is an accusation :oldlol:

What makes you say that? Mason just has issue with people breeding in general, not just because they are africans breeding at an alarming rate.

aj1987
08-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Wow that is an accusation :oldlol:

What makes you say that? Mason just has issue with people breeding in general, not just because they are africans breeding at an alarming rate.
You might want to read more of his posts. Dude is basically a slightly more extreme version of you, when it comes to racism.

So the klan it is.
:roll: :roll:

poido123
08-10-2016, 10:21 AM
You might want to read more of his posts. Dude is basically a slightly more extreme version of you, when it comes to racism.

Not a racist dude.

I don't dismiss people based on colour and I don't segregate or harm those who are coloured.

Saying factual information concerning a race is not racist. A term thrown around way too loosely.

aj1987
08-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Not a racist dude.

I don't dismiss people based on colour and I don't segregate or harm those who are coloured.

Saying factual information concerning a race is not racist. A term thrown around way too loosely.
Generalizing an entire race, due to the actions of a bunch of retards = Racism.

Generalizations =/= Facts.

poido123
08-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Generalizing an entire race, due to the actions of a bunch of retards = Racism.

Generalizations =/= Facts.

We need to be clear about levels of 'racism'

If you were to generalise that whites tend to eat more fast food, you would factually be correct. Though you technically could be termed a racist for saying that.

Everyone has ingrained racism or prejudice. I'm sure that you naturally gravitate towards your own race for friends, rather than other groups of people and that is perfectly fine.

I think we need to be really clear about what is acceptable racism and what is not.

I think people often confuse racism with prejudice.

Thorpesaurous
08-10-2016, 12:30 PM
yeah there are a lot of states that could make teams that would wreck every country in the world not named united states

Illinois:
Derrick Rose
Dwyane Wade
Evan Turner
Iggy
Anthony Davis

bench: Beverly, Shumpert, Tony Allen

California:
Russel Westbrook
James Harden
Kawhi Leonard
Paul George
Kevin Love

bench: Klay Thompson, Damian Lillard, Demar Derozan, Tyson Chandler, Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez, Brandon Jennings

I think Chicago alone has produced a bunch of talent in just the last few years. Weren't both Duke top Frosh from Chicago? Parker and Okafor.

aj1987
08-10-2016, 12:33 PM
We need to be clear about levels of 'racism'

If you were to generalise that whites tend to eat more fast food, you would factually be correct. Though you technically could be termed a racist for saying that.

Everyone has ingrained racism or prejudice. I'm sure that you naturally gravitate towards your own race for friends, rather than other groups of people and that is perfectly fine.

I think we need to be really clear about what is acceptable racism and what is not.

I think people often confuse racism with prejudice.

Get real, dude. You want me to dig up your old posts?

poido123
08-10-2016, 12:36 PM

Get real, dude. You want me to dig up your old posts?

Most indians in Australia drive taxis? Is that the racism you were going to bring up?

aj1987
08-10-2016, 12:52 PM
Most indians in Australia drive taxis? Is that the racism you were going to bring up?
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Just because there are a lot of Indians (BTW, a LOT of Pakistanis drive cabs as well) driving cabs doesn't mean that "most" Indians drive them. I do not even want to get started on your stance against Muslims and Arabs.

:facepalm :facepalm

masonanddixon
08-11-2016, 03:35 AM
That was an entertaining game.

Nice to see two Millenials derailing the thread with their ad hominem claims of racism, meanwhile referring to all white folk as 'Klansmen'.

Derka
08-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Good game last night. Aussies should easily medal at these Olympics; they dismantled the French and should handle China and Venezuela with ease.

And as only ISH can manage, a thread about basketball somehow devolved into a thread where people call each other racist. :lol

poido123
08-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Good game last night. Aussies should easily medal at these Olympics; they dismantled the French and should handle China and Venezuela with ease.

And as only ISH can manage, a thread about basketball somehow devolved into a thread where people call each other racist. :lol

:lol

We can be inconsistent though. We played really hard against the USA, I just hope we don't come out flat next game.