PDA

View Full Version : What, Exactly Made Kobe Better Than James Harden?

CTbasketball92
08-08-2016, 10:58 PM
I think Kobe was def. a better player than Harden, but I wanted to hear from you ... more knowledgeable folks what exactly made him better. It's looking Harden will finish with a better career PER and possibly better raw numbers on better TS%, but from what I can tell, Kobe was just more fleet-footed and more athletic and creative with his handle and body control. I'd just like to hear what you guys have to say*

plowking
08-08-2016, 11:05 PM
Kobe is a better athlete, more agile, better defender, has an in between game, etc. Harden turns the ball over a lot, and generally wastes a lot of possessions.

Saying all that though, Harden is a lot better than this board gives him credit for. He is an all time great SG. He isn't as good as Kobe though.

Also, he is no where near as good a passer as his stats suggest. Much like Draymond.

raprap
08-08-2016, 11:13 PM
Kobe had more scoring arsenal (im sure Harden has something too, but all I see him do know is shoot 3's or drive and get a foul) and played defense. Impact wise as a first option on a bad team tho, they're pretty close.

Nilocon165
08-08-2016, 11:17 PM
He played defense

ClipperRevival
Skillwise offensively, Kobe was about as complete as you can get. He really had no weaknesses. Harden's game is based more on dominating the ball with a live dribble, which isn't optimal. Harden doesn't have the back to the basket game or the great game off the triple threat position. Sometimes the most devastating thing an offensive player can do is the easiest, like the 1 and 2 dribble pull up from the triple threat position. Harden's game is either shoot the 3 or attack the basket. His in between game pales in comparison to Kobe.

Kobe was also more athletic, fluid although Harden's athleticism gets underrated. Kobe could also get off a shot from almost anywhere on the court at his peak, despite the defensive coverage. Not to mention, you can argue that at his absolute best, he was the most potent wing scorer ever on any given night.

And obviously, Kobe sh'ts on Harden defensively. Also, there is the killer mentality. Kobe had it, don't think Harden does. If he did, he would take defense seriously.

Finally, Kobe proved he can win rings as "the man."

FKAri
Everything

CTbasketball92
08-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Kobe is a better athlete, more agile, better defender, has an in between game, etc. Harden turns the ball over a lot, and generally wastes a lot of possessions.

Saying all that though, Harden is a lot better than this board gives him credit for. He is an all time great SG. He isn't as good as Kobe though.

Also, he is no where near as good a passer as his stats suggest. Much like Draymond.

Yeah, pretty much what I'd say. Harden just looks so damn heavy-footed compared to Kobe. Also Kobe's proficiency in the midrange along with his footwork made him so hard to defend.

IGOTGAME
08-08-2016, 11:25 PM
they aren't really close as players. I don't understand why this is a question.

bobopenguin
08-08-2016, 11:25 PM
what has this forum become?
fk.

op. pls gtfo now.
u know damn well kobe is better than harden just about everything.

Young X
08-08-2016, 11:29 PM
Along with what everybody said. Harden also turns the ball over ALOT. Way too much for a primary ballhandler.

He had the worst turnover season in NBA history this year. So even though he's an efficient scorer, his turnovers take away from it and even hurt his teams slightly on defense (leads to fastbreak points).

But to be honest, Harden isn't all that far from him as an offensive player.

It's just those things plus defense that keeps him from being on that Kobe/Wade level.

Kenomax
08-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Harden last 2 years is on Kobe prime level, but still Kobe got much better career.

fiddy
08-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Brontards are getting desperate :roll:

SouBeachTalents
08-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Lol c'mon, Kobe was never the turnover machine or turnstile on defense that Harden is, nor did he see his numbers and production drop off almost every postseason

swagga
08-09-2016, 10:13 AM
the "kobe" assists of the rim to shaq and gasol.