PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next to win MVP & FMVP same year?

Leroy Jetson
08-11-2016, 08:19 AM
As some of these other threads have discussed only the greatest players of all time have managed to win MVP and FMVP in the same year. It doesn't happen often. Who will be next? I'm going to rank them in how likely it is to occur in my opinion.

Lebron- With a clear path to the finals every year and his still overall amazing stats I think he has maybe a 3 year window to get another one.

Kawhi- He's a gym rat who works on his game more than anyone and he gets better every year. He was 2nd in MVP voting last year. He looks to take on even more of the offensive load this year. Of course to get FMVP you have to win the title, this is where it gets trickier as the Spurs would have to get by the Warriors, you never know about team chemistry or injuries, it could certainly happen in the next few years.

Curry/Durant- I have these two even since they both clearly could challenge for MVP and they have the best chance for a title so there's a good chance one of them will win FMVP. The only reason I don't have them ranked higher is that it might be difficult for either of them to win MVP is they might cancel each other out in voting, and there's only so many touches to go around.

Kyrie- As Kyrie's game continues to improve and the Cavs continue top 3 regular season records and finals trips he has a decent chance to get an MVP within the next few years, and as Lebron's game declines he can take over as the man and get FMVP.

KAT- I know he's a few years from MVP level and the Twolves ar far from a championship, in 4-5 years who knows. This double MVP doesn't happen often so maybe no one gets it before he reaches that dominant level and his team grows with him.

Westbrook-He could certainly put up MVP numbers but the Thunder would have to secure a top free agent along with continued improvement of the team for this to happen.

Who else you got, who did I miss?

SouBeachTalents
08-11-2016, 08:22 AM
AD would honestly probably be my choice, granted it would be a few years from now :lol

Leroy Jetson
08-11-2016, 08:26 AM
I thought about AD, just can't see it happening without him leaving the Pelicans.

Lebron23
08-11-2016, 08:45 AM
I thought about AD, just can't see it happening without him leaving the Pelicans.

Karl Towns is going to surpass him next season.

DirkNowitzki41
08-11-2016, 09:03 AM
LeBron 2016-2017

Spurs5Rings2014
08-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Leonard this upcoming season. Bank on it. Guaranteed.

:pimp: