PDA

View Full Version : ISH Debates the issues: is BLM a racist movement?

Nick Young
08-11-2016, 05:10 PM
Is Black Lives Matter a racist movement?

http://rottenappal.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/anderson-cooper-v.2.jpg

This message is approved by the ISH Department of Coexistence

poido123
08-11-2016, 05:35 PM
100%.

They promote violence against white people and target the police.

poido123
08-11-2016, 05:53 PM
100%.

Terahite
08-11-2016, 05:58 PM
100%.

Anderson Cooper is a CIA goo gobbler.

Clifton
08-11-2016, 06:23 PM
No, it's not racist.

It is, however, self-defeating. Police officers have a difficult job: to confront violent criminals and bring them to justice. Most of the rest of us have never done that, and as such we speak from a position of ignorance concerning it. But I imagine it is difficult and stressful. I imagine the officer's life is in some level of imminent danger every time he does it.

I also imagine a disproportionate number of the violent criminals it is his job and duty to confront and apprehend are young black males. I imagine that young black males, as well, because 90% of the art that comes from the culture they identify with is anti-police, are the most difficult segment of the population to deal with.

What effect does this have on a police officer? Well he probably doesn't like dealing with young black males very much. But guess what. He deals with them more than any other group, relative to population, because they commit the most crime.

Just to be clear, this doesn't give them the right to be bully cops towards anyone. It does, however, establish conditions that make life worse for a normal cop, and might send someone with dormant issues over the edge.

Anything that increases stress and antagonism in the relationship of police officers and young black males is bad. That includes art that encourages crime and a distrust of the police. It also includes protest movements such as this one, which have no end in view other than to affirm that "the relationship between the police and black people is bad and gets people killed." It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So if the goal of the black lives matter movement is to find a solution to this problem of police officers wrongfully killing young black males, it is failing.

But I've never thought that was the goal. I think the goal is self-righteous moralism and group identity. The leaders are probably manipulators who get a kick out of leading "movements" and don't care much where it's all headed.

Here is where it's headed: the rate of young black males being wrongfully shot continues to increase. Which feeds the anger and outrage this movement needs to exist.

Jameerthefear
08-11-2016, 06:31 PM
nah

west_tip
08-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Agree with most of what Clifton said. Taking an adversarial and antagonistic attitude toward problem solving is gonna be counter productive over the long haul. You are pissing off would be advocates and supporters by creating an us and them mentality.

The key is to work smarter not harder and I think a different approach is needed.

Nick Young
08-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Contradictory views and healthy debate is a great thing. May I remind everyone, we can all have different opinions and don't need to jump down each others throats for it!

Great replies so far ISH. A grand era of acceptance is perhaps beginning anew.

poido123
08-11-2016, 07:27 PM
nah

If BLM isn't a racist movement then the KKK isn't either.

Both promote violence towards another race. Both feel like their race is at threat.

ArbitraryWater
08-11-2016, 07:38 PM
I dont think its racist, its just inappropriate.

CasterL
08-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Like with a lot of movements, they attract a spectrum of individuals with differing core views.

Some want to address grievances that they perceive as genuine within the US justice system.

Some are just hateful/ racist and see the group as a tool to legitimize and channel their hate.

Many fall somewhere between, and some are just bandwagoners.

On the whole I don't think so. But preconceptions, lack of introspection and no clear strategy make the group often appear incoherent.

longtime lurker
08-11-2016, 08:42 PM
:roll: :roll: diet st0rmfront is the last place I'd come to for a informed debate on race.

sd3035
08-11-2016, 10:07 PM
It clearly is, but not to worry, their leaders are too inept to do any real damage

Jameerthefear
08-11-2016, 10:20 PM
If BLM isn't a racist movement then the KKK isn't either.

Both promote violence towards another race. Both feel like their race is at threat.
lol

Facepalm
08-11-2016, 10:36 PM
100%.

poido123
08-11-2016, 10:42 PM
I dont think its racist, its just inappropriate.

Yeah targeting cops particularly white ones on the reg is just a 'mild inconvenience'

poido123
08-11-2016, 10:43 PM
lol

You racist POS.

You support BLM?

Jameerthefear
08-11-2016, 10:50 PM
You racist POS.

You support BLM?
their message, yes.
no idea how that makes me racist but you aren't very smart

poido123
08-11-2016, 11:00 PM
their message, yes.
no idea how that makes me racist but you aren't very smart

And what message would that be Jameer?

Because the premise of their gripe is non factual, it is a paranoia like the KKK members hold about blacks taking over and breeding them out.

The facts on black on white violence and black on black and all the rest of the stats have been heavily talked about already. Cops on blacks and cops on whites etc.

KKK had originating founding members who were out to kill blacks etc, but just like BLM you have a mix of people who hold different levels of racism or prejudice and that's why they are very similar in intent.

Both groups hold a non existent paranoia about different issues, but the same race based connection.

what parts of BLM do you support?

Nick Young
08-11-2016, 11:11 PM
Brothers of ISH. We can have differing opinions and still be polite to each other. Debate is healthy, but there is no need to make this personal with your fellow ISH brothers.

We all love basketball.

We are one.

Jameerthefear
08-11-2016, 11:15 PM
And what message would that be Jameer?

Because the premise of their gripe is non factual, it is a paranoia like the KKK members hold about blacks taking over and breeding them out.

The facts on black on white violence and black on black and all the rest of the stats have been heavily talked about already. Cops on blacks and cops on whites etc.

KKK had originating founding members who were out to kill blacks etc, but just like BLM you have a mix of people who hold different levels of racism or prejudice and that's why they are very similar in intent.

Both groups hold a non existent paranoia about different issues, but the same race based connection.

what parts of BLM do you support?
if you're making a comparison between the KKK and BLM then there's really no intelligent discourse to have with you

poido123
08-11-2016, 11:23 PM
if you're making a comparison between the KKK and BLM then there's really no intelligent discourse to have with you

That is a weak cop out.

I stated the similarities in intent and principles.

Just because you don't like BLM to be grouped in with KKK, doesn't mean it can't be recognised as a radical group as the same...

Cmon, I'm interested to know your views on your BLM love?

PistolPete
08-11-2016, 11:24 PM
BLM is a racist movement plain and simple.

But I want to say something else. You can't have a serious discussion about race if ISH upper management won't allow it, and especially if suck up SJW cucks like to report certain posts that they construe as racist which are not. This goes against free speech. Obviously there is a SJW cuck as a mod and this person has his biases towards the truth.

#FreePatrickChewing

Jameerthefear
08-11-2016, 11:29 PM
That is a weak cop out.

I stated the similarities in intent and principles.

Just because you don't like BLM to be grouped in with KKK, doesn't mean it can't be recognised as a radical group as the same...

Cmon, I'm interested to know your views on your BLM love?
when someone is dumb enough to make statements like you just did then there's really no point in discussing anything. you are a moron.

poido123
08-11-2016, 11:32 PM
Brothers of ISH. We can have differing opinions and still be polite to each other. Debate is healthy, but there is no need to make this personal with your fellow ISH brothers.

We all love basketball.

We are one.

Nick there is a race/religious battle going on right now worldwide.

Unfortunately, the rules are not applicable to both sides and these people are using these advantages to gain from it.

They are using the past as an angle to get privileges and to gain free shit and an elevated status in society that the average white male is not measurable to.

If people like Jameer can't distance himself from racist groups like BLM, then he is scum just like the KKK.

Look at all the political messages in black music, Beyonce leading the way on blaming and shaming whites for anything and everything.

Look at their communities, most of them have a victim mentality and that the big bad white man is keeping them down.

It would be nice to see more black people come out and detest groups like the BLM, but with a black president throwing support behind them and governments around the world giving minority groups unfair advantages in both funding and handouts, then I think the writing is on the wall.

poido123
08-11-2016, 11:35 PM
when someone is dumb enough to make statements like you just did then there's really no point in discussing anything. you are a moron.

I want to know for good reason

You can't be saying shit like this:

"the officers probably deserved to get threatened"

Kvnzhangyay
08-11-2016, 11:42 PM
The theoretical purpose isn't, but the way they act is

97 bulls
08-11-2016, 11:42 PM
Nick there is a race/religious battle going on right now worldwide.

Unfortunately, the rules are not applicable to both sides and these people are using these advantages to gain from it.

They are using the past as an angle to get privileges and to gain free shit and an elevated status in society that the average white male is not measurable to.

If people like Jameer can't distance himself from racist groups like BLM, then he is scum just like the KKK.

Look at all the political messages in black music, Beyonce leading the way on blaming and shaming whites for anything and everything.

Look at their communities, most of them have a victim mentality and that the big bad white man is keeping them down.

It would be nice to see more black people come out and detest groups like the BLM, but with a black president throwing support behind them and governments around the world giving minority groups unfair advantages in both funding and handouts, then I think the writing is on the wall.
The hell you say. BLM is funded by whites. Or some of their biggest financial supporters. And BLM is not racist. They have supported whites when they've been victims of police as well. I even sent a link. Bit for some reason, none of you guys want to acknowledge it. I wonder why

97 bulls
08-11-2016, 11:50 PM
Here are two examples of protest being led by black activists in responsored to police killing white men

http://www.laweekly.com/news/an-unarmed-white-man-is-shot-by-a-cop-and-black-activists-rally-7216759

http://gokicker.com/2016/07/14/blacklivesmatter-rally-around-dylan-noble-white-teen-killed-police/

poido123
08-11-2016, 11:53 PM
The hell you say. BLM is funded by whites. Or some of their biggest financial supporters. And BLM is not racist. They have supported whites when they've been victims of police as well. I even sent a link. Bit for some reason, none of you guys want to acknowledge it. I wonder why

The movement has been hijacked, so the message that you might think it's putting out is the wrong one.

Believe it or not, there are many KKK members who don't want to kill blacks or start a race war. Doesn't mean their element isn't attracting all the wrong people and giving them a platform to exhibit violence? Some of them would be just disgruntled white folk who feel the government is ignoring them.

White elites would be funding BLM for political ends, not for the reason you are implying though.

Let's be honest, if we thought that BLM was supporting white people from police violence you would be hearing about it. There might be the one or two odd decent people in BLM, but they would be the fringe element.

There are stories of Islamic BLM's protesting against cops on white violence, but you have to keep in mind that their faith often detests cops in general, there might be some other motive behind that too.

PistolPete
08-11-2016, 11:55 PM
Here are two examples of protest being led by black activists in responsored to police killing white men

http://www.laweekly.com/news/an-unarmed-white-man-is-shot-by-a-cop-and-black-activists-rally-7216759

http://gokicker.com/2016/07/14/blacklivesmatter-rally-around-dylan-noble-white-teen-killed-police/

So how does this make them non-racist when there are plenty of BLM'ers out there that are racist? So one non-racist negates the rest that are? How does that logic work?

Racism aside, what about the dead cops? Pigs in a blanket? Racists and terrorists if you ask me.

9erempiree
08-12-2016, 12:04 AM
I don't know if they are racist but they hate white people.

In order to be racist you have to think your race is better than others and that they are inferior. I don't even think Black people think they are better than whites.

A Black person can tell another Black person..."Hey my ninja...we are better than the Whites". That other Black dude will laugh in his face.

Jameerthefear
08-12-2016, 12:10 AM
there is no point debating anything with someone who compares the BLM movement to the KKK. he has no clue what he's talking about. no point wasting your time.

red1
08-12-2016, 12:30 AM
Black lives matter are a bunch of bitch ass ******s who hurt their own cause. I would love to line them up and slap them one at a time.

9erempiree
08-12-2016, 12:39 AM
BLM setting Black folks back. They are funded by Whites. Could be another one of those false flags that we have seen this entire election.

Imtsure the higher ups of BLM cares but they sold out for the money.

poido123
08-12-2016, 01:00 AM
BLM setting Black folks back. They are funded by Whites. Could be another one of those false flags that we have seen this entire election.

Imtsure the higher ups of BLM cares but they sold out for the money.

Divide and conquer.

The BLM is just a tool to create that divide by the elites who have other motives.

brownmamba00
08-12-2016, 01:06 AM
No not even close.

97 bulls
08-12-2016, 01:17 AM
So how does this make them non-racist when there are plenty of BLM'ers out there that are racist? So one non-racist negates the rest that are? How does that logic work?

Racism aside, what about the dead cops? Pigs in a blanket? Racists and terrorists if you ask me.
Lol. Think about what you're saying. No group is pure. There's gonna be an element of evil everywhere. I mean do you doubt that there's bad police officers? And if there are, does that mean that all police officers are bad?

poido123
08-12-2016, 01:37 AM
No not even close.

Like other outraged and disenfranchised groups around the world, it's been hijacked by the wrong element of people.

While it has black panther style figureheads in charge of the show, it won't be able to portray its intended message a good way.

brownmamba00
08-12-2016, 02:44 AM
Like other outraged and disenfranchised groups around the world, it's been hijacked by the wrong element of people.

While it has black panther style figureheads in charge of the show, it won't be able to portray its intended message a good way.
Even if some members of the group are too extreme in your mind...it shouldn't come between the message they are trying to give. Blacks in bad neighbourhoods are getting killed/arrested at an absurd rate. Bad police work happens everywhere but when it happens in these neighbourhoods it usually gets nasty.

They should even protest harder man. Aussie police is like french croissants compared to some of the scum in the American police departments

sd3035
08-12-2016, 07:07 AM
If the group really cared about making advancements to the lives of blacks, they would focus more on black on black crime

Schotsman
08-12-2016, 07:12 AM
Nearly all human rights or liberation organizations are eventually split into a more peaceful political/lobby movement and a more militant and agressive movement. And then the militant movement will give the more peaceful movement a bad name. Happened to a lot of organizations that stood up for the rights of a certain subject, if not all of them. The IRA is a very famous example. Heck, it even happened to Greenpeace ffs.

The problem is that the more agressive and impatient members of an organization will eventually get frustrated by the lack of progress made by the more patient and peaceful members. This usually ends up in a split of a militant movement and a political movement. But this split is not always visible to the outside world, it will still regard them as one organization. This means that if the militant movement will attack in an agressive manner, the more peaceful and political movement will get the blame as well, giving the overall struggle for a certain topic a bad name. Eventually, the more agressive a debate becomes, the easier it is for its opponents to patronize them.

'See? They're just a bunch of savages!'

Thus, it is in the interest of the opponents of a rights movement that the members of a rights movement use violence. It is therefore also of the upmost importance for an organization to split with a militant movement as soon as possible and deny any affiliation. In my opinion, in the long term using violence is the last thing you want to do when you're trying to stand up for your rights. Especially when you're protesting against the use of violence in the first place. It gives your opponents a lot of ammunition (poor choice of words I admit) to show you in a bad light.

NumberSix
08-12-2016, 10:18 AM
There have definitely been many racist inceidents, but I can't say its a "racist movement" because I can't pin BLM down as being a cohesive group or movement. At best, it's just a bunch of unaffiliated protesters. There isn't an actual "black lives matter" group with members or followers.

UK2K
08-12-2016, 10:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7GM6nGmNQ8

'White people to the back y'all!'

SilkkTheShocker
08-12-2016, 10:30 AM
It clearly is, but not to worry, their leaders are too inept to do any real damage

Wow, I can't believe I am agreeing with this f.aggot. But he is 100% correct. BLM is 100% racist. But it also was doomed from the start. Here is the thing, and this is going to offend some of you. But black people just aren't naturally strategic. And they're notorious for being frontrunners that give up when the adversity cranks up. BLM won't last long. Especially when the head of the snake is dumber than a fence post.

SilkkTheShocker
08-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Black lives matter are a bunch of bitch ass ******s who hurt their own cause. I would love to line them up and slap them one at a time.

This. And it's because of how easily manipulated blacks are, we will be stuck with democrats in office for years to come.

AceManIII
08-12-2016, 10:49 AM
Wow, I can't believe I am agreeing with this f.aggot. But he is 100% correct. BLM is 100% racist. But it also was doomed from the start. Here is the thing, and this is going to offend some of you. But black people just aren't naturally strategic. And they're notorious for being frontrunners that give up when the adversity cranks up. BLM won't last long. Especially when the head of the snake is dumber than a fence post.

I'mma give you an 'out' for the strategic comment....

Look up the history of "Rosa Parks"...and retract your statement.

As for BLM, I feel like the message is great...but the founders didn't properly think everything through(Irony at my comment above) and are honestly angry LGBTQ women that has lost control of their "movement". I don't feel like going into detail just yet