PDA

View Full Version : India has a billion people and have won ONE gold medal in 36 years

East River Livn'
08-12-2016, 12:34 AM
And that was in air rifle.

Are sports and competition just a joke there?

Nick Young
08-12-2016, 12:36 AM
no excuses.
WOAT.

Isn't badminton in the Olympics? Indians are always playing that sport. How are they bad at it? It should be their version of ping pong and they should get gold every time.

bdreason
08-12-2016, 12:41 AM
Never underestimate the power of free will.

bigkingsfan
08-12-2016, 01:17 AM
Wait until Goat fking becomes an Olympic sport.

DCL
08-12-2016, 01:24 AM
if the prize was a blonde woman instead of a gold medal, more indians would try to win

poido123
08-12-2016, 01:26 AM
Most of the population follows cricket as far as I know...

Other sports haven't really taken off there, although don't quote me on that.

~primetime~
08-12-2016, 01:47 AM
:oldlol:

tomtucker
08-12-2016, 01:50 AM
However, they win silver in horrible diseases and human mutations, their neighbour Pakistan win the gold

eliteballer
08-12-2016, 01:53 AM
Most of those people live in dirt poor poverty though.

The majority of people don't even have toilets.

poido123
08-12-2016, 01:56 AM

Typical liberal.

Laugh at tasteless, borderline racist jokes, while condemning Trump for the same thing.

You don't have any leg to stand on chump :oldlol:

tomtucker
08-12-2016, 02:01 AM

due to overpopulation

Nick Young
08-12-2016, 02:05 AM

There is a large and rising middle class in India. The economy is massive. Majority of Chinese live in poverty, they still manage to clean up at the Olympics.

No excuses, India.

iamgine
08-12-2016, 02:20 AM
If the US have 1.3 billion people, it's not winning gold medals too.

East River Livn'
08-12-2016, 02:27 AM
If the US have 1.3 billion people, it's not winning gold medals too.

Did this make sense to you when you wrote it?

iamgine
08-12-2016, 02:31 AM
Did this make sense to you when you wrote it?
perfectly

tomtucker
08-12-2016, 02:43 AM
There is a large and rising middle class in India. The economy is massive. Majority of Chinese live in poverty, they still manage to clean up at the Olympics.

No excuses, India.
yeah, but the chinese use concentration camps to win their medals
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/29/13/2AEC918700000578-3178551-image-m-74_1438171472507.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3178551/Tiny-young-children-China-drilled-gymnastics-boot-camp-future-stars.html

plowking
08-12-2016, 03:05 AM
Industrialization.

DCL
08-12-2016, 03:11 AM
they are completely hopeless in sports.

but you can always count on an indian immigrant kid to be in the spelling bee finals every year. :oldlol:

StephHamann
08-12-2016, 04:50 AM
India has two things going for them:

Cheap callcenter workers

Bollywood

iamgine
08-12-2016, 04:55 AM
India has a couple top 10 ranked badminton players.

fiddy
08-12-2016, 05:05 AM
Gypsies are not good in athletics.

sd3035
08-12-2016, 07:12 AM
They are just physically inferior

sd3035
08-12-2016, 07:13 AM

Cheap callcenter workers

Bollywood

and hilarious accents

Schotsman
08-12-2016, 07:15 AM

Cheap callcenter workers

Bollywood

You forgot the food, I love their curries and chicken.

StephHamann
08-12-2016, 07:23 AM
You forgot the food, I love their curries and chicken.

I recently ate vindaloo for the first time, ****ing good.

JEFFERSON MONEY
08-12-2016, 07:26 AM
Intellect, guys who grew up in villages with no running water can smack down characters like sd in English spelling and math easy
Culturally they've got a medley of dances.
Spiritually, they are probably the nation that has made the most inquiry into the reality of nature and the self.
Mathematics
Story wise they had the Panchata around the same time as the Aesops Fables
irrigation game on point
plumbing dating back to Harippan civilization
Architecture game on point
Longetivity
many more things I still have to learn about an ancient nation.

And if you want to talk about physical culture
Take a look at a guy who out squats nearly three of us put together.
http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for_30.html?m=1

That's your challenge SD. 500 dands 2000 bethaks. Go.

sd3035
08-12-2016, 07:46 AM
Rule Enforced Spacing
Rule Enforced Spacing relates to the offensive floor spacing teams achieved during the Illegal Defense period (1981-2001)

1981 - Illegal Defense Guidelines put in place to increase scoring and open up the paint
Passage from Bill Simmons' (Globally known NBA analyst, well respected publically) book
Quote:
The new wave of coaches made defenses sophisticated enough by 1981 that the league created an “illegal defense” rule to open up the paint. Here’s how referee Ed Rush explained it to SI: “We were becoming a jump-shot league, so we went to the coaches and said, ‘You’ve screwed the game with all your great defenses. Now fix it.’ And they did. The new rule will open up the middle and give the great players room to move. People like Julius Erving and David Thompson who used to beat their own defensive man and then still have to pull up for a jump shot because they were being double-teamed, should have an extra four or five feet to move around in. And that’s all those guys need.”

Effect:
1979 league average offensive rating: 103.8

1981-82
• Zone defense rules clarified with new rules for Illegal Defensive Alignments.
a. Weak side defenders may come in the pro lane (16’), but not in the college lane (12’) for more than three seconds. (THIS IS THE CURRENT 3 seconds rule)
b. Defender on post player is allowed in defensive three-second area (A post player is any player adjacent to paint area).
c. Player without ball may not be double-teamed from weak side.
d. Offensive player above foul line and inside circle must be played by defender inside dotted line.
e. If offensive player is above the top of the circle, defender must come to a position above foul line.
f. Defender on cutter must follow the cutter, switch, or double-team the ball.

Joshumitsu
08-12-2016, 08:33 AM
They don't invest in it due to lack of funding and lack of interest.

For reference, they do extremely well at cricket, a non-Olympic sport. Otherwise, Olympics has sports they don't really care too much for or can't find the places to play it.

Maybe culture has something to do with it, too. Maybe remnants of the caste system keeps some poor, hungry young kid from becoming the GOAT player. Or something to that effect.

East River Livn'
08-12-2016, 08:33 AM
Intellect, guys who grew up in villages with no running water can smack down characters like sd in English spelling and math easy
Culturally they've got a medley of dances.
Spiritually, they are probably the nation that has made the most inquiry into the reality of nature and the self.
Mathematics
Story wise they had the Panchata around the same time as the Aesops Fables
irrigation game on point
plumbing dating back to Harippan civilization
Architecture game on point
Longetivity
many more things I still have to learn about an ancient nation.

And if you want to talk about physical culture
Take a look at a guy who out squats nearly three of us put together.
http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for_30.html?m=1

That's your challenge SD. 500 dands 2000 bethaks. Go.

We see the smartest and most motivated of India's billion so we all assume they are smart but you know the average IQ in India is 82 and the literacy rate is 74% there? In China it's 100/97%

Dresta
08-12-2016, 09:17 AM

No excuses, India.
Yes, and they are unbelievably focused on academic achievement; many of them think masses of time spent in the pursuit of athletic achievement is a waste. They have a different mentality. I had an Indian girl in my dorm as a first-year undergrad, and she had nothing but contempt for how little work the english did, and how lacking in academic motivation they were.

Dresta
08-12-2016, 09:21 AM
They don't invest in it due to lack of funding and lack of interest.

For reference, they do extremely well at cricket, a non-Olympic sport. Otherwise, Olympics has sports they don't really care too much for or can't find the places to play it.

Maybe culture has something to do with it, too. Maybe remnants of the caste system keeps some poor, hungry young kid from becoming the GOAT player. Or something to that effect.
Most of the poor in India are incredibly destitute, and don't have the time for Olympic sports. This is a level of poverty you just do not see in the West; I don't know how bad it is now, but 10 years ago, some places were just horrific.

Comparison with the Chinese is foolish, because the Chinese government's mass investment in sport is for the sake of propaganda, and is no doubt extremely costly to the poor of that country.

UK2K
08-12-2016, 12:51 PM

Afghanistan will dominate.

arkain
08-12-2016, 12:58 PM
The infrastructure for any sport other than Cricket is non-existent and it's primarily due to almost no funding by the Indian government.

Nick Young
08-12-2016, 01:23 PM
they are completely hopeless in sports.

but you can always count on an indian immigrant kid to be in the spelling bee finals every year. :oldlol:
They are also good doctors, research scientists and lawyers.

I guess it is better after all that India is choosing to specialize in those fields rather than forcing little kids in to athletics concentration camps like the Chinese do.

India is our greatest hope to fight the rising Chinese menace. We have to stop ragging on them.

My bad India, won't happen again.

fiddy
08-12-2016, 01:25 PM

I guess it is better after all that India is choosing to specialize in those fields rather than forcing little kids in to athletics concentration camps like the Chinese do.

India is our greatest hope to fight the rising Chinese menace. We have to stop ragging on them.

Bs, then why all of the local indians are only capable of

http://delnik.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8-%D1%87%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B3%D0%B0.jpg

sd3035
08-12-2016, 01:29 PM
China > India

nightprowler10
08-12-2016, 01:31 PM
The infrastructure for any sport other than Cricket is non-existent and it's primarily due to almost no funding by the Indian government.
Basically this. It's the same with all the other subcontinent nations too. Cricket is king. India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka have all produced some of the best cricketers in the history of the game, because that's what majority of the people focus on.

India won their last gold medal in 1980. This is around the time they had a great cricket team and won the World Cup in 1983. From that point on cricket became a religion there.

Similarly, Pakistan won their last gold medal in 1984. Around that time and into the late 80's a lot of their most influential cricketers ever were playing (Imran, Wasim, Miandad, etc.). They were consistently considered the 2nd best in the world in the late 80s.

Since the 80s, Australia has been freakishly good and dominated cricket in all formats, but in any world cup that Australia didn't win, it has been a subcontinent team that won.

You do the math.

Dresta
08-12-2016, 01:49 PM

No, seriously, that plays a huge roll: kids from reasonably wealthy families look at sport as a frivolity that gets in the way of more important things, i.e. studying.

Different priorities. If the Indian government was channeling massive amounts of resources into looking good at the Olympics, like the Chinese do, India would have far more first-class athletes.

nightprowler10
08-12-2016, 02:02 PM
No, seriously, that plays a huge roll: kids from reasonably wealthy families look at sport as a frivolity that gets in the way of more important things, i.e. studying.

Different priorities. If the Indian government was channeling massive amounts of resources into looking good at the Olympics, like the Chinese do, India would have far more first-class athletes.
I'd say their parents much more so than the kids themselves. Indian parents aren't a whole lot better than Chinese and Japanese parents in that sense.

Nick Young
08-12-2016, 02:06 PM
I'd say their parents much more so than the kids themselves. Indian parents aren't a whole lot better than Chinese and Japanese parents in that sense.
Atleast pushing your kid to be a lawyer or doctor is more productive than sending them to a concentration camp and forcing them to be a gymnast. Even if their kid does pan out, they got 4 years in the spotlight, and then what do they do afterwards?

No doubt alot of these former Chinese gymnasts live out the rest of their post-Olympic lives in sweatshops, especially the ones who don't win.

Draz
08-12-2016, 02:37 PM
Where I'm at Indians play badminton like a sport here

warriorfan
08-12-2016, 02:47 PM
InsideHoopsFront

TomCat
08-12-2016, 02:51 PM

What a chump.

Do not call others racist...EVER

sd3035
08-12-2016, 03:50 PM
I've seen some Indians attempt to play sports or go to the gym but they just weren't strong or athletic

bluechox2
08-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Bs, then why all of the local indians are only capable of

http://delnik.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8-%D1%87%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B3%D0%B0.jpg

you mean west indians...who arent even indian but take on the bum reputation on thier behalf , cus every society need bums and they outsourced it to trnni/guyanese