PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Manu's Basketball Familia

SsKSpurs21
08-12-2016, 10:42 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17262551/manu-ginobili-built-legacy-love-team-storied-career

If you have a few minutes I highly recommend this article. Gives you a great insight on Manu Ginobili, his competitiveness, and how he shaped the "team-first" culture. well written and filled with inside stories from teammates and competitors.

"He was like a wild colt out there, just doing crazy s---. Some of it made sense, and some of it didn't."
Spurs GM R.C. Buford, on his first impressions of Manu Ginobili

"People always ask me who was hardest to guard," Raja Bell said. "I say Kobe. That is what people want to hear. But the truth is, it might have been Manu. He'd rev it to fourth gear, get by you, take it back to second gear so you'd run into him, and then he'd make a crazy floater. I made a living studying offensive players. I couldn't figure him out."

The only debate was whether the move would be fair to a player so accomplished. Popovich asked Ginobili privately in January. "I don't think I've ever admitted this, even to my staff, but if Manu decided he was not good with it, he was gonna start. Whatever he said, we would do it. He deserved that," Popovich said.

Proctor
08-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Great article. :applause:

There will never be another Ginobili.

FKAri
08-12-2016, 01:07 PM
A unique, informative post that is actually about basketball barely makes a blip on the ISH radar. :lol