PDA

View Full Version : Why are Arab athletes getting a free pass for antisemism at the Olympics?

Nick Young
08-12-2016, 01:30 PM
Egyptian Judohka gets his ass kicked by Israeli athlete then refuses to shake his hand. (https://streamable.com/2ans)

Olympics spat as Lebanese stop Israelis joining them on bus (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/olympics-spat-as-lebanese-stop-israelis-joining-them-on-bus/2016/08/06/f12f3fa8-5c17-11e6-8b48-0cb344221131_story.html#comments)

Why is a world giving these athletes a free pass for their antisemitism?

sd3035
08-12-2016, 01:37 PM
only white people get in trouble for being "anti semitic"

UK2K
08-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Do you want to get suicide bombed?

Because that's how you get suicide bombed.

sd3035
08-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Do you want to get suicide bombed?

Because that's how you get suicide bombed.

:lol

step_back
08-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Sports are about the only time people can put their differences aside. With the Judo his opponents race, religion and political ideology are irrelevant. If countries and it's athletes aren't willing to embrace sportsmanship then they shouldn't partake. It's a complete lack of respect towards his opponent and the Olympics as a whole.

Nick Young
08-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Sports are about the only time people can put their differences aside. With the Judo his opponents race, religion and political ideology are irrelevant. If countries and it's athletes aren't willing to embrace sportsmanship then they shouldn't partake. It's a complete lack of respect towards his opponent and the Olympics as a whole.
It's a complete lack of respect and understanding shown towards the sport he dedicated his life to as well.

Judo is all about showing your opponent respect. Bowing in respect at the end is even part of the official rules.

bluechox2
08-12-2016, 04:57 PM
It's a complete lack of respect and understanding shown towards the sport he dedicated his life to as well.

Judo is all about showing your opponent respect. Bowing in respect at the end is even part of the official rules.
in medieval islam, judo is used to rape, pillage and conquer your opponent to death

JEFFERSON MONEY
08-13-2016, 05:37 AM
A) Arabs themselves are Semites
b) Olympics doesn't override negotiating with evil. People don't shake hands with those who agree/support stolen land and oppression. Simple as that.

c) Who is the ultimate giver of Justice?

masonanddixon
08-13-2016, 06:07 AM
b) Olympics doesn't override negotiating with evil. People don't shake hands with those who agree/support stolen land and oppression. Simple as that.

lol so all your rhetoric about peace and love and harmony and equality was a load of shit. Not surprising your true colours came out without even being pressed.

You're a piece of shit, just like every other sanctimonious practitioner of religion.

brownmamba00
08-13-2016, 06:42 AM
Bcus **** Jews...Hezbollah>>

JEFFERSON MONEY
08-13-2016, 10:44 AM
lol so all your rhetoric about peace and love and harmony and equality was a load of shit. Not surprising your true colours came out without even being pressed.

You're a piece of shit, just like every other sanctimonious practitioner of religion.

Am I? Who knows? Only God can judge, yes?

If you knew that you the person you were up against was a proud member of a rising nation who stole land, killed children, denied human rights, and was backed by enormous funds as well as superpowers who carved it up after WWI. You would smile and shake hands.

The athlete did not and I agree.

In time we will know what is right and what is wrong.

Nick Young
08-13-2016, 10:54 AM

So Israel is 'evil' in your mind?

Surely it is also evil that muslims built 'their' holy site the dome of the rock right on top of the temple foundation, right?

LJJ
08-13-2016, 11:03 AM
Countries simply shouldn't be allowed into the competition if they don't want to compete or show basic sportsmanship to other athletes on the grounds of racism.

Too bad this racism is too ingrained in Muslim countries and they are too powerful for IOC to do something about it. Similar in football. Countries who refuse to play against other sanctioned nations should simply be banned from the sport, but governing bodies are willing accommodate the racism if it is widespread enough.

Hawker
08-13-2016, 11:36 AM

If you knew that you the person you were up against was a proud member of a rising nation who stole land, killed children, denied human rights, and was backed by enormous funds as well as superpowers who carved it up after WWI. You would smile and shake hands.

Time to get over it dude. The athlete had nothing to do with any of that.

NumberSix
08-13-2016, 11:42 AM
Because it's already assumed that they're uncivilized.

NumberSix
08-13-2016, 12:02 PM

Stole land? Stolen from who? Newsflash buddy, Arabs aren't natives of the levant. They're invaders from the Arabian peninsula. When Israel/Palestine was under Roman rule, there were 0 Arabs there. Just the native Hebrews, Assyrians, Phoenicians, etc. For example, Jesus was either an Assyrian Jew or a Hebrew who spoke a Syriac language (Aramaic).

Nick Young
08-13-2016, 12:27 PM
Stole land? Stolen from who? Newsflash buddy, Arabs aren't natives of the levant. They're invaders from the Arabian peninsula. When Israel/Palestine was under Roman rule, there were 0 Arabs there. Just the native Hebrews, Assyrians, Phoenicians, etc. For example, Jesus was either an Assyrian Jew or a Hebrew who spoke a Syriac language (Aramaic).
Also, the land that is modern Israel was won fairly. When when land is conquered, the conqueror now owns the land. This is how war and conquest has always worked. The Muslims for example were not always in Pakistan and Iran, but they conquered those nations through war and violence and now they own both nations. This is how the world works.

When the Muslims tear down the Dome of the Rock, which they built on a true religion's holy site, maybe they will have a leg to stand on when they whine about Israel being "illegal occupation".

Islam would not even exist if it wasn't for Judaism and the first Israelites. They need to learn to stop hating and behave more gratefully towards the founders of the religion that Islam ripped off and stole everything from.

Modern Israel has won land from Arabs who attacked first and then given that land back to the Arabs. Point me to another nation that conquers land and then willingly hands it back to the enemy who attacked them first.

Overdrive
08-13-2016, 12:33 PM

This is the 2nd time in two weeks his antisemitic nature showed through, but you shouldn't be the one to call others out imo.

Nick Young
08-13-2016, 03:47 PM
This is the 2nd time in two weeks his antisemitic nature showed through, but you shouldn't be the one to call others out imo.
It happens all the time. He is becoming more and more radicalized by the day. It used to be you had to poke him a bit for him to start spewing antisemitism. Now he just brings it up casually on his own, no big deal.

Jefferson Money is the impressionable kind of dude raised in the west who goes on to become an ISIS suicide bomber. I don't know what kind of psycho imam has gotten in to his head, but we are witnessing in real time the rise and conversion of a normal person in to a radical Islamist.

I have learned a lot from seeing J$'s rapid descent in to radicalism.

He is an intelligent guy but he is getting bad advice from some kind of twisted mentor figure. Hopefully a new non-psycho Imam comes in to his mosque and starts giving him better advice, and he becomes less hateful.

TheMan
08-13-2016, 04:56 PM
only white people get in trouble for being "anti semitic"
A majority of Lebanese people are caucasian :confusedshrug:

Nick Young
08-13-2016, 04:59 PM
They are white, just as a majority of Syrians and Jordanians are also white, and consider themselves to be white.

But in liberal land, all followers of the religion of Islam are classified as "brown". Therefore, despite being white, modern identity politics classify them as "brown" which also allows them the "privilege" to be racist, or in this case, antisemitic.

TheMan
08-13-2016, 05:09 PM
They are white, just as a majority of Syrians and Jordanians are also white, and consider themselves to be white.

But in liberal land, all followers of the religion of Islam are classified as "brown". Therefore, despite being white, modern identity politics classify them as "brown" which also allows them the "privilege" to be racist, or in this case, antisemitic.
A majority of Jews in America are Democrats and a majority of liberals are Democrats too so by extension, liberal Jews are also guilty of this, no?

Nick Young
08-13-2016, 05:14 PM
A majority of Jews in America are Democrats and a majority of liberals are Democrats too so by extension, liberal Jews are also guilty of this, no?
Yes. Anyone of any religious or atheist ideology who subscribes to the theory of identity politics is guilty of doing what I described. :cheers:

pauk
08-13-2016, 05:35 PM

...and a majority (47%) all sorts of Christian aswell.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ex4sba.png

9erempiree
08-13-2016, 05:41 PM
Egyptian Judohka gets his ass kicked by Israeli athlete then refuses to shake his hand. (https://streamable.com/2ans)

Olympics spat as Lebanese stop Israelis joining them on bus (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/olympics-spat-as-lebanese-stop-israelis-joining-them-on-bus/2016/08/06/f12f3fa8-5c17-11e6-8b48-0cb344221131_story.html#comments)

Why is a world giving these athletes a free pass for their antisemitism?

Pathetic.

Fake ass Judo practitioner too. No respect for the art that he spent his entire life learning. Some places take away your black belt for such despicable display.

9erempiree
08-13-2016, 05:48 PM
Also, the land that is modern Israel was won fairly. When when land is conquered, the conqueror now owns the land. This is how war and conquest has always worked. The Muslims for example were not always in Pakistan and Iran, but they conquered those nations through war and violence and now they own both nations. This is how the world works.

When the Muslims tear down the Dome of the Rock, which they built on a true religion's holy site, maybe they will have a leg to stand on when they whine about Israel being "illegal occupation".

Islam would not even exist if it wasn't for Judaism and the first Israelites. They need to learn to stop hating and behave more gratefully towards the founders of the religion that Islam ripped off and stole everything from.

Modern Israel has won land from Arabs who attacked first and then given that land back to the Arabs. Point me to another nation that conquers land and then willingly hands it back to the enemy who attacked them first.

I have called out Jefferson Money many times. He is a flip flopping poster. He use to talk a lot about himself and he's a very narcissistic person.

I said he wasn't being a good Muslim because his posting style is anti-Islam and then he reverted to the good Muslim act and he preaches Islam in every thread.

Now he is reverting back to being himself and he may even be radicalized. His posting style is starting to shift AGAIN.

Nick Young
08-13-2016, 05:51 PM

I have called out Jefferson Money many times. He is a flip flopping poster. He use to talk a lot about himself and he's a very narcissistic person.

I said he wasn't being a good Muslim because his posting style is anti-Islam and then he reverted to the good Muslim act and he preaches Islam in every thread.

Now he is reverting back to being himself and he may even be radicalized. His posting style is starting to shift AGAIN.
Good work bro. We must remain vigilant to ensure that the creeping fungus of radical religious extremism doesn't begin to fester on our great forum.

MAGA

Trollsmasher
08-13-2016, 06:15 PM
...and a majority (47%) all sorts of Christian aswell.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ex4sba.png
the word you are looking for is plurality

Dresta
08-13-2016, 06:22 PM
It happens all the time. He is becoming more and more radicalized by the day. It used to be you had to poke him a bit for him to start spewing antisemitism. Now he just brings it up casually on his own, no big deal.

Jefferson Money is the impressionable kind of dude raised in the west who goes on to become an ISIS suicide bomber. I don't know what kind of psycho imam has gotten in to his head, but we are witnessing in real time the rise and conversion of a normal person in to a radical Islamist.

I have learned a lot from seeing J$'s rapid descent in to radicalism.

He is an intelligent guy but he is getting bad advice from some kind of twisted mentor figure. Hopefully a new non-psycho Imam comes in to his mosque and starts giving him better advice, and he becomes less hateful.
Oh just stfu, seriously; what a load of twaddle.

pauk
08-13-2016, 06:31 PM
Nick, those Arabs you speak of (i assume you mean Palestinians) are not all Muslim... even there are many Christians... and the same % dont fancy Jews either for the same reasons...

You seem to ignore Arabs per say & Arabic Christianity, all focus seems to be on Islam..... did you know that when the first Arabic vs Jewish altercation occurred the Arabs were either Christian or atheistic/agnostic or Polytheistic etc... Arabs & the altercations with Jews didnt just start to happen only after Islam came around lol...

Christians (Arabic/Middle-Eastern) did you even more wrong... you know, Jews killing Jesus and all that they were not happy with (neither are Muslims actually), stolen lands etc... :P

I know that partypoops your Islamophobic agenda... you as a Jew dont want to offend your fellow Americans (majority Christians) by spitting at Christianity to..... but oh well....

pauk
08-13-2016, 06:32 PM
the word you are looking for is plurality

Ah, thats it! Thanks. :cheers:

Nick Young
08-13-2016, 06:40 PM
Nick, those Arabs you speak of (i assume you mean Palestinians) are not all Muslim... even there are many Christians... and the same % dont fancy Jews either for the same reasons...

Straw man.

When did I ever say that they were?:hammerhead:

Are you trying to make the argument that Christians AND Muslims and other religions all have equal right and justification for antisemitic behavior against Jews?

Because that is the idiotic argument you just presented.

pauk
08-13-2016, 06:47 PM
Straw man.

Are you trying to make the argument that Christians AND Muslims and other religions all have equal right and justification for antisemitic behavior against Jews?

No, No, No, i didnt mean/intend anything else with what i said. Just wanted to touch on that specific part there i mentioned, mostly the point being very simply "Not all Arabs are Muslim".

As far me goes, i say peace & love to all Abrahamic brethrens!
As far as this thread/topic goes, yea, not so beautiful behaviour by those guys, meh.

TheMan
08-13-2016, 06:49 PM
Straw man.

European Christians slaughtered 6 million Jews not 100 years ago...

masonanddixon
08-13-2016, 06:52 PM

I'm not a racist, dude. I'm just honest and forthright.

It's funny as shit because I naturally get along with coloured folk far better than with whites.

it's just that you're so brainwashed into the media into becoming hypervigilant when anyone says anything even remotely negative about a black person that you immediately rush to the conclusion that they are a big bad racist.

Nick Young
08-13-2016, 07:28 PM
I am aware of this. The Arabs were allied with those European Christians as well.

What point are you trying to make? Did you think everyone forgot about about the Holocaust?:confusedshrug:

longtime lurker
08-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Aren't you the one that's always prattling on about political correctness and being an "alpha?" Now you're getting triggered like a SJW.

masonanddixon
08-13-2016, 08:54 PM
Aren't you the one that's always prattling on about political correctness and being an "alpha?" Now you're getting triggered like a SJW.

Joos get touchy as shit when it comes to perceived attacks on their faith.

Nick Young
08-13-2016, 09:10 PM
How am I getting touchy? TheMan is asking questions and I am answering them accurately. :cheers:

JEFFERSON MONEY
08-14-2016, 01:21 AM
Who brought up people of the Judaic faith?

The subject was Israel and how it was constructed.

The problem is not Jew or Muslim or purple or polka-dotted. it is moral character. I, personally admire an underdog who has the guts to sincerely tells others he dislikes them. Sincerity and anti-oppression.

That's NOT human garbage. What is GARBAGE and despicable is BREAKING COVENANTS.

Not to wrong any one in speech (Lev. 25:17) (CCN48). See Speech and Lashon Ha-Ra.
Not to carry tales (Lev. 19:16) (CCN77). See Speech and Lashon Ha-Ra.
Not to cherish hatred in one's heart (Lev. 19:17) (CCN78). See Love and Brotherhood.
Not to take revenge (Lev. 19:18) (CCN80).
Not to bear a grudge (Lev. 19:18) (CCN81).
Not to put any Jew to shame (Lev. 19:17) (CCN79).
Not to curse any other Israelite (Lev. 19:14) (by implication: if you may not curse those who cannot hear, you certainly may not curse those who can) (CCN45).
Not to give occasion to the simple-minded to stumble on the road (Lev. 19:14) (this includes doing anything that will cause another to sin) (CCN76).
To rebuke the sinner (Lev. 19:17) (CCA72).

You shall not go around as a gossipmonger

—Leviticus

Evil gossip kills three: the one who says it, the one who listens, and the subject of the gossip

—Talmud

That a man should fulfill whatever he has uttered (Deut. 23:24) (CCA39).
Not to swear needlessly (Ex. 20:7) (CCN29).
Not to violate an oath or swear falsely (Lev. 19:12) (CCN31).
To decide in cases of annulment of vows, according to the rules set forth in the Torah (Num. 30:2-17) (CCA40).
Not to break a vow (Num. 30:3) (CCN184).
To swear by His name truly (Deut. 10:20) (affirmative).
Not to delay in fulfilling vows or bringing vowed or free-will offerings (Deut. 23:22) (CCN185).

Chapter 28:5

Indeed, Pharaoh exalted himself in the land and made its people into factions, oppressing a sector among them, slaughtering their [newborn] sons and keeping their females alive. Indeed, he was of the corrupters.

You gonna be like Moses or Pharoah? There's Muslims, Mormons, Liberals, Feminists who you are DIVIDING DIVIDING DIVIDING and SLANDERING SLANDERING SLANDERING, literally LOWERING the collective consciousness of ISH and creating disunity and enmity. Actual human beings who are trying to get by, peacefully.

So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 3:16[I]

It's as if you are being pulled by the strings of someone trying to destroy YOUR OWN SOUL and dragging everyone around you. And to top it off, you LIE to people about Hell as if everything's gonna be a-okay. It's not gonna be okay. People have to make a conscious choice to change to attain salvation.

You stop being a naughty boy, Nick. You've been doing this for nearly THREE years. You've got to change now or never.

Patrick Chewing
08-14-2016, 01:28 AM

:facepalm

False.

NumberSix
08-14-2016, 02:16 AM

You seem to ignore Arabs per say & Arabic Christianity, all focus seems to be on Islam..... did you know that when the first Arabic vs Jewish altercation occurred the Arabs were either Christian or atheistic/agnostic or Polytheistic etc... Arabs & the altercations with Jews didnt just start to happen only after Islam came around lol...

Christians (Arabic/Middle-Eastern) did you even more wrong... you know, Jews killing Jesus and all that they were not happy with (neither are Muslims actually), stolen lands etc... :P

I know that partypoops your Islamophobic agenda... you as a Jew dont want to offend your fellow Americans (majority Christians) by spitting at Christianity to..... but oh well....
Middle Eastern Christians are not Arabs. They're the descendants of the Christian people that were there before the Arab invasion.

NumberSix
08-14-2016, 02:19 AM
Germans slaughtered 6 million Jews not 100 years ago...
fixed. don't lump in people like the British who fought AGAINST the Germans under the generic title of "Europeans".