PDA

View Full Version : Map of the most racist countries in the world (The answers may surprise you!)

Nick Young
08-13-2016, 10:23 PM
http://s1.firstpost.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/RACISM-MAP_620x355.jpg

Patrick Chewing
08-13-2016, 10:37 PM
The United States, comprised of many different nationalities, backgrounds, ethnicities, and religions was never and will never be anywhere near the middle or the top of any racist list.

I'm sad that there are a lot of stupid people running around on the streets of this wonderful country running their mouth about racist this and racist that.

The most accepting and charitable nation in the History of mankind. No country comes close. Yet here we are at war over a myth.

bluechox2
08-13-2016, 10:41 PM
we need a map of media bias

PistonsFan#21
08-13-2016, 10:47 PM
The United States, comprised of many different nationalities, backgrounds, ethnicities, and religions was never and will never be anywhere near the middle or the top of any racist list.

I'm sad that there are a lot of stupid people running around on the streets of this wonderful country running their mouth about racist this and racist that.

The most accepting and charitable nation in the History of mankind. No country comes close. Yet here we are at war over a myth.

:no:

Canadians would disagree with that statement.

bdreason
08-13-2016, 11:00 PM
SE Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East would have been my predictions.

TomCat
08-13-2016, 11:03 PM
SJWs are always too shook to admit they are racists. but in actuality, they are the worst

dunksby
08-14-2016, 09:15 AM
So they took a survey from all countries? Doesn't seem legit.

poido123
08-14-2016, 09:17 AM
Australians less racist than Americans?

That's hilarious :roll:

iamgine
08-14-2016, 09:55 AM
India is only #1 because of their conflict with the Pakistani. It's not racism, it's a legit conflict. Like many Americans would answer vietcong during the vietnam war or Russians during the cold war.

fiddy
08-14-2016, 10:23 AM
India is only #1 because of their conflict with the Pakistani. It's not racism, it's a legit conflict. Like many Americans would answer vietcong during the vietnam war or Russians during the cold war.
Ganghi wrote papers trying to prove that Indians are superior compared to Africans :rolleyes:

NumberSix
08-14-2016, 10:36 AM
No, India is #1 because it literally has a caste system where people with light skin are literally a higher class than people with dark skin.

step_back
08-14-2016, 10:38 AM
The U.K voted for Brexit. That means we must be racist according to the media. This needs to be updated so we have a lovely shade of scarlett red.

NumberSix
08-14-2016, 10:41 AM
The U.K voted for Brexit. That means we must be racist according to the media. This needs to be updated so we have a lovely shade of scarlett red.
Apparently, Brexit voters are white people that are "racist" against... other white people.

I think this speaks as to how genuine the political use of the word "racist" is.

Dresta
08-14-2016, 10:56 AM
Err... why?

And which countries do you mean when you speak of "Eastern Europe"?

nightprowler10
08-14-2016, 11:06 AM
No its just that they're actually pretty racist. So is Pakistan though so I'm surprised. Most surprising though is the middle east. I can't believe they're behind India.

bdreason
08-14-2016, 12:36 PM
Err... why?

And which countries do you mean when you speak of "Eastern Europe"?

Just a guess. I was in a guild with a bunch of guys from Romania, and they would go on and on about conflict between Countries in the region like; Romania, Hungary, Czech, Slovakia, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, etc.

These guys had a serious hatred for Russians as well.

Dresta
08-14-2016, 12:55 PM
Just a guess. I was in a guild with a bunch of guys from Romania, and they would go on and on about conflict between Countries in the region like; Romania, Hungary, Czech, Slovakia, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, etc.

These guys had a serious hatred for Russians as well.
That's no surprise though: it's historical and political, not race based. Romania is one of the most backwards of these countries, and should really be differentiated from the countries that were called Central Europe (Hungary, Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Croatia, etc.) before the Soviet-led division of Europe.

These countries aren't racist, they just have a resurgent national identity because it had been suppressed by such a terrible force for half a century.

You'd have a valid point with Ukraine though.

Schotsman
08-14-2016, 01:14 PM
Ganghi wrote papers trying to prove that Indians are superior compared to Africans :rolleyes:

When a family member of Gandhi asked Mandela if the immigrants from India could join his equal rights movement, Mandela literally said: 'You can go back to your own country.'

It's in 'Long Walk to Freedom' somewhere.

Schotsman
08-14-2016, 01:25 PM
I've worked in Romania for charity and have been to Eastern Europe multiple times and there is definitely some 'mainstream' racism there. And by racism I literally mean race-based discrimination, not merely discrimination towards Russians.

Italy still has a lot of problems with racism as well, especially among the 'elite'. I'm surprised that they aren't higher on that list.

That France is high on that list doesn't surprise me at all. They've had lots of internal problems and conflicts with immigrants from former colonies for decades. Especially in and around the 'banlieues' of Paris and Marseille.

Long Duck Dong
08-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Slavery map

http://www.wherecoolthingshappen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/slavery-per-capita-map-wo-arrows-640x316.jpg

Genocide map

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TvTcT2gq0qM/TlBNST_j1dI/AAAAAAAA_RM/KL1skXaFxAA/s1600/Genocidewatch_Countries_At_Risk_Aug_2011.jpg

SJWs: Damn white people! Oh wait, forget about what's happening currently. We NEED to focus on the past people!

aj1987
08-14-2016, 02:26 PM
Yep.. Although Indians are more open, when it comes to expressing their "racism". Pretty much the exact opposite of the liberals in the US, who pretend that they aren't "racist".

No, India is #1 because it literally has a caste system where people with light skin are literally a higher class than people with dark skin.
I don't think you know how the cast system works. Besides, that's not racism though. :confusedshrug:

JEFFERSON MONEY
08-16-2016, 12:07 PM

Indonesia and Malaysia are nice. There are people of South India with the darkest of skin, people from China and the local Malaysian folks living quite happily. Ask Lebowsky.

Im Still Ballin
08-16-2016, 12:14 PM
Hello Jefferson.

sd3035
08-16-2016, 12:28 PM
no surprises at all in any of these charts

Hawker
08-16-2016, 01:13 PM
Indonesia and Malaysia are nice. There are people of South India with the darkest of skin, people from China and the local Malaysian folks living quite happily. Ask Lebowsky.

Malaysia is nice but mayalsian chinese and malaysian indians are still discriminated against. They identfiy as malaysian malay, malaysian chinese and malaysian indian and get quite testy if you don't identify them as such.

Also, there's a reason why chinese tourists don't sun bath on beaches in Australia and that's because the darker they are the more looked down upon you are in China. (Not a part of SE Asia though so maybe beside the point.)

MintBerryCrunch
08-16-2016, 01:43 PM
America as a whole is pretty accepting. The problem is that this country is more mixed than others, thus those who are racist are frequently put in situations where it will come out because they can't really avoid people of other races. Other countries may be more racist, but they can still have less conflict do to more homogeneous populations.

Nick Young
08-16-2016, 01:57 PM
The problem is that this country is more mixed than others, thus those who are racist are frequently put in situations where it will come out because they can't really avoid people of other races. Other countries may be more racist, but they can still have less conflict do to more homogeneous populations.
Not really.

India has just as many different ethnic groups and cultures as we do in America and they are still far more racist than we are, despite them also having a melting pot culture.

People complain about racism in America, and yet, we are the least racist country in the world. If you want to escape racism, there is nowhere better to go. There is nowhere on the planet that isn't racist. It seems to be part of human nature. Even in Uganda where everyone was the same race, they created an imaginary ethnic division and started genociding half the population.

MintBerryCrunch
08-16-2016, 02:06 PM
Not really.

India has just as many different ethnic groups and cultures as we do in America and they are still far more racist than we are, despite them also having a melting pot culture.

People complain about racism in America, and yet, we are the least racist country in the world. If you want to escape racism, there is nowhere better to go. There is nowhere on the planet that isn't racist. It seems to be part of human nature. Even in Uganda where everyone was the same race, they created an imaginary ethnic division and started genociding half the population.
I was clearly speaking in generalities. A few exceptions don't make my statement untrue.

Nick Young
08-16-2016, 02:19 PM
I was clearly speaking in generalities. A few exceptions don't make my statement untrue.
I am also speaking in generalities, but pointing out specific examples to support my point and illustrate what I'm saying. :cheers:

JtotheIzzo
08-16-2016, 02:43 PM
http://s1.firstpost.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/RACISM-MAP_620x355.jpg

France is way too high.

Russia and China way too low.

Other than that, pretty on point.

atljonesbro
08-16-2016, 03:10 PM
France is way too high.

I doubt the French are too keen of middle easterners these days. Seems about right

KyrieTheFuture
08-16-2016, 03:13 PM
France is way too high.

According to your study?

Lebowsky
08-16-2016, 03:27 PM
Fantastic people in both countries. I might actually move to KL.

aj1987
08-16-2016, 08:52 PM
India has just as many different ethnic groups and cultures as we.
Are you ****ing kidding me? India has hundreds of different ethnicities. America probably has like a quarter of what India has.

Heck, there are ~1600 different languages spoken in India.

livinglegend
08-16-2016, 09:13 PM
If I'm racist and they askme which type of people I don't want as neighbours, I would never choose a specific race. I know racism is not perceived well in the society.
This poll doesn't prove anything.

sd3035
08-16-2016, 10:36 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? India has hundreds of different ethnicities. America probably has like a quarter of what India has.

yeah but they all look the same, some with different costumes

Dresta
08-17-2016, 12:16 PM

India is actually one of the few examples of an actually multicultural society (rather than just a state dogma of multiculturalism, which is a paradoxical but singular culture in itself), and we see that it brings with it a lot of problems. Strange that people want to emulate it.

coin24
08-17-2016, 09:55 PM
:lol :lol Australia is mega racist wtf

coin24
08-17-2016, 09:58 PM
+1 multi culture doesn't really work IMO, you have the examples that do integrate and make it work, and you have the stubborn ignorant kinds that bring all there bullshit and "beliefs" and segregate themselves..

Sydney is a shining example of different suburbs for different ethnicities.

Nick Young
08-17-2016, 10:00 PM
:lol :lol Australia is mega racist wtf
and yet, in comparison to nations that are actually racist, like India and Pakistan, you guys aren't racist at all!

Hawker
08-17-2016, 11:10 PM
and yet, in comparison to nations that are actually racist, like India and Pakistan, you guys aren't racist at all!

Australia really isn't racist...just casually racist which doesn't really cause any harm. That's mostly because australians are more brash and unaware of the connotations of what they say.

JEFFERSON MONEY
08-18-2016, 12:12 PM

And yet, if you go most homes there, irregardless of your skin color, you'll find the people treat you with solid manners; to food, tea, clothes, respect your religion, invite you to travel the area and talk about actual deep, positive meaningful things.

Perhaps its because the children there understand the proper way to talk, that is not to make mischief and division, and have the sense to think a concept like racism can not be properly directly measured by how comfortable one feels around others not of their kind.

Nick Young
08-18-2016, 01:31 PM
And yet, if you go most homes there, irregardless of your skin color, you'll find the people treat you with solid manners; to food, tea, clothes, respect your religion, invite you to travel the area and talk about actual deep, positive meaningful things.

Perhaps its because the children there understand the proper way to talk, that is not to make mischief and division, and have the sense to think a concept like racism can not be properly directly measured by how comfortable one feels around others not of their kind.
Do you believe in the potential existence of a world where people live together in harmony and Islam lives side by side with other religions in peace and happiness?

Bourne
08-18-2016, 09:29 PM
Trying to argue Mo is a prophet of peace by bringing up the Battle of This, Battle of That, Battle of Fish, Battle of Dog, Battle of Battle, etc...

Just leftist things :)

BoutPractice
08-20-2016, 05:38 AM
It makes sense that the USA wouldn't figure as a particularly racist country given the question...

Racism is central to the public discourse in America... Open discussion of race is encouraged, but to be identified as a "racist" results in a form of social death.

Contrast to countries like France, where race is almost never discussed or acknowledged (everything is explained in terms of "culture", "Republican values" or whatnot) and the social cost to expressions of racism is lower.

But I don't think that a map like this could ever accurately reflect the truth of racial sentiments in a given country. It says more about etiquette and internalized shame coming from social norms.

highwhey
08-20-2016, 05:44 AM
OP was sent on a nice vacation :oldlol:

TheMan
08-20-2016, 09:37 AM
OP was sent on a nice vacation :oldlol:
Again? :facepalm

9erempiree
08-20-2016, 06:31 PM
Are you two the Mexican moobs the OP was talking about?