I say when he's 36.

Frenetic
08-14-2016, 11:57 AM

K.dot ShowTime
08-14-2016, 12:09 PM
3/7

PP34Deuce
08-14-2016, 04:47 PM
Lebron won't hang around like Duncan or kobe . He's going to leave when he feels he can't dominate anymore.

Mr Feeny
08-14-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm wondering why he needs to stick around.
I say get the playoffs all time scoring records and retire.

He's cemented his legacy as a top 3 player all time and has nothing to prove.if you can't reach Jordan, then get to #1 in playoff scoring, #1 in steals and #3 in assists to give yourself a case for 2nd best all time and retire at peace.

TomCat
08-14-2016, 06:27 PM
THe lack of skill set and Bball IQ, it will be once he loses his athleticism.

FireDavidKahn
08-14-2016, 06:42 PM
THe lack of skill set and Bball IQ, it will be once he loses his athleticism.
The ****?
LBJ has one of the biggest BBIQ's in the history of the game.

greatest-ever
08-14-2016, 06:55 PM
Well he'll be 32 this season so i'll say he retires at 36, so that would be 18 seasons.

Dragonyeuw
08-14-2016, 06:57 PM
He just signed a 3 year deal,right? I'm guessing he finishes out his contract and retires at 35,mayyyybe he signs a one year deal based on how he's playing and how he feels at that point.

TomCat
08-14-2016, 07:51 PM
The ****?
LBJ has one of the biggest BBIQ's in the history of the game.

Holding on the ball for 20 seconds, stiff arm, then kick to an open man if he can't get a layup is not....HIGH BBIQ

TommyGriffin
08-14-2016, 07:56 PM

LostCause
08-14-2016, 08:16 PM
Nah Lebron won't be retiring at the top of his game. He won't go until the wheels fall off like Duncan/KG etc, but he doesn't strike me as the type to hang it up because he has nothing left to prove.

If he does surpass Jordan, I don't see him not doing whatever he can to widen that gap for the next big thing

JebronLames
08-14-2016, 09:43 PM

Lebron23
08-15-2016, 02:15 AM

Round Mound
08-15-2016, 02:47 AM

raprap
08-15-2016, 02:55 AM
39/40.

HylianNightmare
08-15-2016, 07:14 AM

Jasper
08-15-2016, 10:05 AM
3/7
right there ...

His game will develop into a low post , rebounder ,passer ... then he is done.

Can't out run crio green eye guards his whole career... :oldlol:

BigKAT
08-15-2016, 02:52 PM
Someone here said it best,
I see him retiering when he can no longer dominate.
I don't see him 'Hanging' around, it will diminish his brand.

I'd have to guess about 36, 37. That'd put him at an awesome 18-19 seasons, which is more then enough.

guy
08-15-2016, 04:03 PM
Someone here said it best,
I see him retiering when he can no longer dominate.
I don't see him 'Hanging' around, it will diminish his brand.

I'd have to guess about 36, 37. That'd put him at an awesome 18-19 seasons, which is more then enough.

Every great athlete says this but it rarely happens.

BigKAT
08-15-2016, 04:07 PM
I know what you mean,
But I don't think he wants to turn into a roleplayer or bench player.
I mean, if we're looking at it seriously,

Kobe retired after -one- bad season, (2016)
He barely played in the last three.
So I think Lebron wouldn't hang around after more then one bad season.

PP34Deuce
08-15-2016, 04:13 PM
I know what you mean,

The other guys like Kobe and TD just love to play the game. Lebron is much more business orientated.

His 3 year deal was a smart deal. If he's breaking down by 35, I don't see him playing just to play. But if he's still considred top 5, I can see him sign for 2 more years and call it quits. 35-37

BigKAT
08-15-2016, 04:17 PM
The other guys like Kobe and TD just love to play the game. Lebron is much more business orientated.

His 3 year deal was a smart deal. If he's breaking down by 35, I don't see him playing just to play. But if he's still considred top 5, I can see him sign for 2 more years and call it quits. 35-37

Exactly.
He's thinking about his brand,
About his legacy.

I think Jordan's 'Early' retirement helped cement his GOAT status.
I think Lebron would profit more from retiring at something close to an 'Elite' level rather then stick around like KG, Allen Iverson or Steve Nash did, which led to either injury prone seasons or a big blow to their image imo.

kamil
08-15-2016, 04:45 PM
Holding on the ball for 20 seconds, stiff arm, then kick to an open man if he can't get a layup is not....HIGH BBIQ

Rekt.

guy
08-15-2016, 05:20 PM
I know what you mean,

And that wasn't Kobe's intention. Its not like any of these guys choose to decline that significantly before they retire. They just don't want to "give up" and refuse acknowledging that they aren't close to the same player as they were before and keep going as a result. A lot of times, they are still in the middle of a big contract as well, which keeps them from retiring.

And Lebron is too big of a star for his brand to suffer if this happened to him. Same way the brands of Magic, Jordan, Kobe, and Shaw haven't suffered.

guy
08-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Lebron had already acknowledged he's chasing Jordan. That means awards, stats, and most of all, championships. He's probably not getting 4 more championships, and if he did, it would take a while, but regardless he'll play a long time trying.Furthermore, he's probably going to be on a contender the rest of his career, as he hasn't had a problem leaving and/or keeping his options open if Cleveland doesn't stay as one. I could easily see him playing until he declines to let's say what Duncan has been the last few years.

BigKAT
08-15-2016, 06:17 PM
And that wasn't Kobe's intention. Its not like any of these guys choose to decline that significantly before they retire. They just don't want to "give up" and refuse acknowledging that they aren't close to the same player as they were before and keep going as a result. A lot of times, they are still in the middle of a big contract as well, which keeps them from retiring.

And Lebron is too big of a star for his brand to suffer if this happened to him. Same way the brands of Magic, Jordan, Kobe, and Shaw haven't suffered.

I dunno about Kobe. In his last 'real' season, which I consider to be 13', he was an absolute beast, carrying a no-chemistry Lakers team with Dwight/nash to the playoffs. It was his last great hurrah.
The first -real- season since was 16', when he realized he wasn't as good as he used to be, and prety early on in the season, Jan I think or so, he announced his retirement.

I just don't see Lebron averaging 19 points or less on less then 45% and still playing y'know? Too much pride to let young guys act all high and mighty on him just because they have 40,000 less minutes on their mileage.

Though I'll give you this, the contract point you brought up is pretty true.
Hard to throw away 20 + million just because you're not as good as you were.