PDA

View Full Version : What is.. "Kobe Privilege" ?

Im Still Ballin
08-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Kobe privilege is being drafted on a 56 win team.

Kobe privilege is being drafted to a team with Shaq.

Kobe privilege is acquiring Pau Gasol for peanuts.

Kobe privilege is being coached by Phil Jackson.

Kobe privilege is being born wealthy, travelling the globe with papa.

This is Kobe Privilege.

#CULTURALAPPROPRIATION
#CheckYourPrivilege

warriorfan
08-15-2016, 08:42 AM
The majority of Kobe's of Finals appearances1 came under a different set of rules2 than LeBron's3

References:
1. http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-kobe-nba-finals-20160415-snap-htmlstory.html

2004-05
• New rules were introduced to curtail hand-checking, clarify blocking fouls and call defensive three seconds to open up the game.
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html

3. http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nba-ranking-lebron-jamess-finals-appearances.html/?a=viewall

TommyGriffin
08-15-2016, 08:46 AM
Warriorfan. Shutting it down. Irrefutable AF. This dude is legit.

:bowdown:

Im Still Ballin
08-15-2016, 08:47 AM
The majority of Kobe's of Finals appearances1 came under a different set of rules2 than LeBron's3

References:
1. http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-kobe-nba-finals-20160415-snap-htmlstory.html
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html
Thanks for reminding me of the GREATEST Kobe Privilege of all..

About his legendary performance (From ESPN article 'Ranking the 10 worst Finals Performances, John Hollinger June 12, 2008)

Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers, 2004
Lakers vs. Pistons -- Bryant's PER 14.2
"With his feud against Shaq escalating and the series getting away from the Lakers, Bryant began taking whatever shot struck him. Mostly, they struck the rim -- he shot 38.1 percent and had nearly as many turnovers (18) as assists (22) as Detroit romped in five games."

During the series, Mav's owner Mark Cuban made some interesting observations about the defensive play of the Pistons (handchecking as Jordan era players new it was dead, but minimal/temporary contact was still sometimes allowed) and the 'advantage' they had over offensive perimeter players and decided a change was necesary to tip the scales in the other direction...

From his Blog Maverick weblog, Mark Cuban's article 'If It’s Not Broke, Doesn’t Mean It’s Optimal. Even in the NBA';Feb 4th 2009:

"So a few years ago, Im watching the Pistons beat the Lakers in the Finals. I’m seeing Larry Brown’s Pistons fully take advantage of the rules. It was impossible to stay in front of Kobe. He could get anywhere he wanted on the court. The Pistons knew it as well. So every time he tried to get to the basket, they would body up and bump him. The officials did just as they were supposed to. Since Kobe had the advantage on the defender, they didn’t call a foul. However that little bump slowed Kobe down just enough that it gave Ben Wallace a split second more to on a pre rotation to the Paint, to be in a better position to defend the basket. Kobe still scored, but not quite as often as he may have otherwise.

At that point it dawned on me that the concept of playing the advantage in a one on one matchup had nothing to do with which TEAM gained the advantage. After all, its the team that scores the most points that wins. Detroit had a brilliant strategy and was playing it to perfection. After the finals, I sat down with the league and discussed with them the difference between player and team advantage. The discussion lead to changing the rules so that perimeter contact was called far more often."

Cuban got his wish and the already stringent anti-contact rules for perimeter play became even more strict. The unintended backlash ended up blowing up in his face:

"The NBA eliminated all forms of hand-checking before the 2004-2005 season. The rule was intended to give offensive players more freedom, but has given offensive players an unfair advantage. It’s virtually impossible to keep perimeter players out of the paint.

Unfortunately for Cuban and the Mavs, the rule changes he helped initiate contributed to Dallas’ loss to the Miami Heat in the 2006 NBA Finals. Dwyane Wade shot an NBA Finals record 97 free throws. To his credit, Wade attacked the basket relentlessly, but there were times when Maverick defenders beat Wade to a spot on the floor, had their arms to their sides, and were whistled for blocking fouls when Wade initiated contact. It was ridiculous. The Mavericks attempted 48 free throws in Game’s 5 and 6. Wade attempted 46 freebies over the same span

Cuban has done a lot for the NBA. But the hand-checking rule was better left unchanged."

-BallerBlogger.com, article: 'Cuban Helped Eliminate Handchecking'

Kobe caused the rule change.

This is Kobe Privilege.

warriorfan
08-15-2016, 08:48 AM
Warriorfan. Shutting it down. Irrefutable AF. This dude is legit.

:bowdown:

Doing what I do (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQsySpOrQew)

AirBonner
08-15-2016, 08:50 AM

This is Kobe Privilege.
Destroyed him :applause:

Im Still Ballin
08-15-2016, 08:50 AM

This is Kobe Privilege.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZWQ3YOMtJaM/UEsnJKgjdkI/AAAAAAAACo0/miO-N7XEaFA/w1200-h630-p-nu/black-kid-oh-snap.gif

warriorfan
08-15-2016, 08:52 AM
Regardless of why the rules changed, the majority of Kobe's final performances were under a different ruleset than LeBron's, thus explaining LeBron's increased production

AirBonner
08-15-2016, 08:55 AM
Regardless of why the rules changed, the majority of Kobe's final performances were under a different ruleset than LeBron's, thus explaining LeBron's increased production
If lebron increased production with an easier ruleset how come Kobe's decreased?

warriorfan
08-15-2016, 08:58 AM
If lebron increased production with an easier ruleset how come Kobe's decreased?

Kobe's production increased

tpols
08-15-2016, 08:58 AM
what is.. LeBron privilege?

LeBron privilege is being born with genes of a 6'9 270 lb black man.

LeBron privilege is being able to team up with arguably the best player in the world.

LeBron privilege is being able to throw a Finals series and get no blame for it, so said teammate doesnt take his shine.

Lebron privilege is getting to play in a conference with 500 less wins than its counterpart over the course of his career.

Lebron privilege is being able to speed dial the commisioner to get best players tossed from the playoffs when in deep doo doo.

Lebron privilege is .. a best case scenario 3/7. :pimp:

warriorfan
08-15-2016, 09:00 AM

LeBron privilege is being able to team up with arguably the best player in the world.

LeBron privilege is being able to throw a Finals series and get no blame for it, so said teammate doesnt take his shine.

Lebron privilege is getting to play in a conference with 500 less wins than its counterpart over the course of his career.

Lebron privilege is being able to speed dial the commisioner to get best players tossed from the playoffs when in deep doo doo.

LeBron privledge is

https://s31.postimg.io/d9ndpvc63/lebroncollude.jpg

tpols
08-15-2016, 09:02 AM
LeBron privledge is

https://s31.postimg.io/d9ndpvc63/lebroncollude.jpg

damn .. so lebron privilege is that he gets the same credit for winning with Bosh and Wade that Kobe got for winning with just Pau?

Crazy.

warriorfan
08-15-2016, 09:03 AM
damn .. so lebron privilege is that he gets the same credit for winning with Bosh and Wade that Kobe got for winning with just Pau?

Crazy.

LePrivledged

MintBerryCrunch
08-15-2016, 09:05 AM

This is Kobe Privilege.
:applause:

Im Still Ballin
08-15-2016, 09:06 AM
Lol!

LeBron disadvantaged: Born to a single mother, in the hood, inner city, drugs, guns, gangs and crime *police siren heard in the distance*

LeBron disadvantaged: Went to a lower quality high school

LeBron disadvantaged: Drafted to the worst pro sports city, Cleveland

LeBron disadvantaged: Best team mate he could get in 7 years = Mo Williams

But LeBron had enough.

LeBron Entreprenuer: Calculate and orchestrate his own destiny... CUNNING. CEREBRAL.

And that's what he's been ever since

No privilege.. Just cerebral business acumen. Kobe never had this, he was simply just given good scenarios, opportunities fell on his lap... The difference is LeBron had to go out there and create it for himself... He had to take it.

tpols
08-15-2016, 09:13 AM
Bran has been a prodigal, pampered aau star since he learned to read.. which, going by his SAT scores may have come really late in life, so you might have a point there ballin.. you might have a point.

NBAGOAT
08-15-2016, 09:37 AM
Bran has been a prodigal, pampered aau star since he learned to read.. which, going by his SAT scores may have come really late in life, so you might have a point there ballin.. you might have a point.

wait is harping on his sat score really your big thing now :lol I mean yea it shows he's book dumb but this really shows you don't have any material left.

MintBerryCrunch
08-15-2016, 10:11 AM

Crazy.
LeBron's FMVPs are unquestioned. Pau has a strong case for 2010 FMVP.

SouBeachTalents
08-15-2016, 10:37 AM

Lol, you're a fool if you don't think LeBron gets heavily criticized for 2011

k0kakw0rld
08-15-2016, 10:58 AM
The Lakers did not draft him tho :confusedshrug:

k0kakw0rld
08-15-2016, 11:01 AM
Doing what I do (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQsySpOrQew)
You and the rest of your Alts are supposed to be long gone from this forum.

As far as I'm concerned, no matter what you try to do to, you are the walking "L" of this forum.

JT123
08-15-2016, 12:04 PM

Kobe privilege is acquiring Pau Gasol for peanuts.

Kobe privilege is being coached by Phil Jackson.

Kobe privilege is being born wealthy, travelling the globe with papa.

This is Kobe Privilege.

#CULTURALAPPROPRIATION
#CheckYourPrivilege
This is why I will NEVER respect Kobe. :facepalm
Rich white boy who has been handed everything his entire life. Lebron actually had to go out and TAKE his success.

Mr Feeny
08-15-2016, 12:53 PM
This is why I will NEVER respect Kobe. :facepalm
Rich white boy who has been handed everything his entire life. Lebron actually had to go out and TAKE his success.

I never thought of that! Makes me respect lebron even more!:pimp:

Meanwhile Kobe was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and the only thing he learnt was how to snitch :lol

JT123
08-15-2016, 12:55 PM
I never thought of that! Makes me respect lebron even more!:pimp:

Meanwhile Kobe was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and the only thing he learnt was how to snitch :lol
:lol

branslowski
08-15-2016, 05:05 PM

Crazy.

Facts

jstern
08-15-2016, 06:01 PM
I remember like back in 2002, I was a big Kobe fan, and I had a sort of cool image that just naturally played in my head for a few seconds, one time when I layed down and closed my eyes to rest for a minute. It was of the sky, clouds, and ground, and big puzzle pieces just kept floating into its proper place for Kobe. And I started thinking, "Wow, what a life. Every long shot just falls perfectly into place for him. 6'6", NBA father, Shaq and the Lakers, and the biggest one of them all for me at the time, Phil Jackson as his coach." It felt as if nothing bad could ever, will ever happen to him.

So when the whole Colorado thing happened, I sincerely was in an absolute shock, because I really couldn't imagine anything unlucky happening to Kobe. That was my outlook, I was shocked.

So yeah, you could definitely say Kobe was privileged. Especially while watching it go on live as it unravels.

It was such a sincere believe, that even seeing him get injured, Archilles, is a little like surprising, because everything is supposed to always fall into place based on that expectation, from the attention he got from HS, to winning his 3rd championship with Shaq and Phil Jackson.

bobopenguin
08-15-2016, 08:49 PM
LeBron privilege = has league on his side.

LeBron privilege = has referees on his side.

LeBron privilege = dont give a fk about coach and statepadded whenever he wants.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_tWqvsW7WRl0/TPPDWQHqSvI/AAAAAAAAcGw/MLKxulzwFZU/s640/LeBron+James+vs.+Bumps+Coach+Eric+Spoelstra+Miami+ Heat+vs.+Mavericks+2.jpg

Smoke117
08-15-2016, 09:21 PM

This bitch is reaching so hard now. :lol

TheWinningFam
08-15-2016, 09:27 PM
LeBron privilege = has league on his side.

LeBron privilege = has referees on his side.

LeBron privilege = dont give a fk about coach and statepadded whenever he wants.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_tWqvsW7WRl0/TPPDWQHqSvI/AAAAAAAAcGw/MLKxulzwFZU/s640/LeBron+James+vs.+Bumps+Coach+Eric+Spoelstra+Miami+ Heat+vs.+Mavericks+2.jpg
Please specifically cite evidence from a credible source where lebron
1.Stat pads in every game
2.Has referees on his side

Again not mental gymnastics from your own head, but credible evidence from a reliable sports source.

MaxPlayer
08-15-2016, 09:34 PM

He got drafted by the Hornets and forced his way onto a blue blood franchise, which always seems to be conveniently forgotten when Kobe stans cry about LBJ's "collusion" which was actually a much more legitimate move.

Hey Yo
08-15-2016, 09:48 PM
He got drafted by the Hornets and forced his way onto a blue blood franchise, which always seems to be conveniently forgotten when Kobe stans cry about LBJ's "collusion" which was actually a much more legitimate move.
This ^^^^^

Kobe, as a rookie. manipulated his way onto the 2nd greatest NBA franchise in the history of the league on draft day.

He wanted no part of trying to build a contender in New Jersey (who wanted to draft him 8th overall) he wanted the easy way to make sure he was an LA Laker....(who was a 4 seed the year before).

He knew that he would be riding the pine behind Eddie Jones and Nick van Excel, but always claimed he "just wanted to play and it didn't matter who he played for"...(although he would have started in NJ if he let them draft him)

If your team name wasn't the Lakers or Hornets....you were told not to draft Kobe cause he wouldn't sign with your team.

Givin'...not earned

bobopenguin
08-15-2016, 10:12 PM
Please specifically cite evidence from a credible source where lebron
1.Stat pads in every game
2.Has referees on his side

Again not mental gymnastics from your own head, but credible evidence from a reliable sports source.

i dont need to remind u how lebron crab walked over wizrds or flop his souls out of entire league. u and I knew about it, and u dont think referees knew about it?

Lebronxrings
08-15-2016, 10:35 PM
getting media love for everything.

Degrading your teammates to elevate your status.

getting everything handed to you.

That is kobe Privilege.