PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Kobe, Duncan, LeBrons legacy since 2010?

Dray n Klay
08-15-2016, 11:17 PM
Who's improved the most?

Who's was ruined the most?

lilteapot
08-15-2016, 11:21 PM
None of their legacies got negatively impacted overall. Lebron's legacy improved the most.

Lebron had 2011 Finals, but he won 3 titles after that including a huge one in Cleveland.

Duncan won his 5th title.

Kobe probably had the worst last 6 years out of all of them and got owned by Dirk also in 2011 but those didn't adversely impact his legacy.

JT123
08-15-2016, 11:23 PM
2014 - Duncan cemented as top 5

2015 - After years of cancerous play Kobe falls to 12th all time (at best)

2016 - Lebron physically and mentally destroys a 73 win team, becoming consensus top 3 all time :bowdown:

Dray n Klay
08-15-2016, 11:27 PM
None of their legacies got negatively impacted overall. Lebron's legacy improved the most.

Lebron had 2011 Finals, but he won 3 titles after that including a huge one in Cleveland.

Duncan won his 5th title.

Kobe probably had the worst last 6 years out of all of them and got owned by Dirk also in 2011 but those didn't adversely impact his legacy.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/015/orly.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IoFWPA1eFhA/UpjgvPckNOI/AAAAAAAAAHo/QdQMTd5lEJk/s640/Kobe's+Records.jpg

InsanityKills
08-15-2016, 11:27 PM
Well Kobe doesn't really have a legacy so he's out of the question, unless you count riding coattails a legacy?

Duncan won a title but was basically a non-impact role player. Also it's argued the Spurs 2014 title has an asterisk due to the AC game but that's another topic. Overall I'd say neither ruined nor improved. Still in the 8-10 range.

LeBron ,on the other hand, has won multiple titles, FMVP's, and MVP's. He defeated the greatest team in history by surmounting a 1-3 deficit to win his most recent title. LeBron moved up the all-time list to number 2-3 and on pace to be the GOAT. A-MA-ZING!

Just my 2 cents.

Dray n Klay
08-15-2016, 11:28 PM
Well Kobe doesn't really have a legacy so he's out of the question, unless you count riding coattails a legacy?

Duncan won a title but was basically a non-impact role player. Also it's argued the Spurs 2014 title has an asterisk due to the AC game but that's another topic. Overall I'd say neither ruined nor improved. Still in the 8-10 range.

LeBron ,on the other hand, has won multiple titles, FMVP's, and MVP's. He defeated the greatest team in history by surmounting a 1-3 deficit to win his most recent title. LeBron moved up the all-time list to number 2-3 and on pace to be the GOAT. A-MA-ZING!

Just my 2 cents.

DAMN, MY bad

:oldlol: :banana: :lebronamazed:

:hammertime: :hammertime:

InsanityKills
08-15-2016, 11:31 PM
DAMN, MY bad

:oldlol: :banana:

:hammertime:
It's the honest truth coming from a HUUGE Kobe fan.:(

:banana: :banana:

JebronLames
08-15-2016, 11:36 PM

Just my 2 cents.
You're the only likeable Kobe stan. Thanks for being objective :applause:

Nilocon165
08-15-2016, 11:37 PM
Lebron: 2 MVP's, 3 FMVP's, 3 Rings, 3/6 finals record

Duncan: 1 Ring, 1/1 finals record

Only one who you can really say was negatively impacted was Kobe's.

2011: Swept by the Mavs

2012: Beat in 5 games in the WCSF by Durant and company

2013: Formed a super team with Dwight and Nash, turned out to be a failure

2014: Don't even remember but probably sucked

2015: Shot 37 percent

2016: Used his retirement to be an attention whore and sabatoge the Lakers by jacking up like 60 shots a game

Finals record: All hopes of another appearence ended after mavs sweep

Lebronxrings
08-15-2016, 11:41 PM

Just my 2 cents.
kobe stans turning on their idol

:lebronamazed:

knicksman
08-15-2016, 11:41 PM
Bran got ruined the most. He just told the world that hes a coward. Thats why even scrubs disrespect him. And if you respect him, then youre a loser

Nilocon165
08-15-2016, 11:42 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=140667 ^^

InsanityKills
08-15-2016, 11:43 PM
You're the only likeable Kobe stan. Thanks for being objective :applause:
Thanks Browski! I just try my best not to overrate my idol Kobe, like I've seen many others do on ISH.

:cheers: :cheers:

knicksman
08-15-2016, 11:49 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=140667 ^^

:sleeping proof that bran stans are cowards just like their hero.

JT123
08-15-2016, 11:52 PM
Bran got ruined the most. He just told the world that hes a coward. Thats why even scrubs disrespect him. And if you respect him, then youre a loser
Now matter how hard you try, Kobe will never have our respect.

InsanityKills
08-15-2016, 11:53 PM
kobe stans turning on their idol

:lebronamazed:
I would never do such a thing to Kobe bro. I'm just simply stating the facts and those facts don't add up to what is considered a legacy.

Kobe is comparable to someone like Robert Horry, a player who obtained his rings by riding the coattails of all-time greats(Ex: Shaq, Pau, Phil).

Just want to try to be as neutral as possible.:D

knicksman
08-15-2016, 11:54 PM
At the end of the day, no matter how much bran wins, he will never get the respect he wanted for being a coward. Cowards will always be looked down upon in this world. Thats just life. Only a loser respects them

GrapeApe
08-16-2016, 12:09 AM
Duncan and Kobe's legacies were pretty well established by 2010. Lebron was still in the early stages of his prime. He was at the age when legacies are typically defined, so of course he enhanced his legacy more than two players who were past their prime. Duncan enhaced his legacy to some degree with his 2014 title, but I don't think it really changed how he is perceived. Again, both Duncan and Kobe were obviously past their primes, and seldom does a player's legacy change very much at that point. Jordan is one of the few players who greatly enhanced his legacy when he was 32+ years old, although he was already widely regarded as the GOAT.

Lebronxrings
08-16-2016, 12:17 AM
At the end of the day, no matter how much bran wins, he will never get the respect he wanted for being a coward. Cowards will always be looked down upon in this world. Thats just life. Only a loser respects them
get a life illlegalD

Mr Feeny
08-16-2016, 01:16 AM
Kobe. It's pretty shocking what happened after 2010.
If you had told anyone that Kobe would never leave the second round again - heck, that Kobe would never win more than one game past the first round - till the end of his career, people would have thought you're crazy.

He finished his career by missing the playoffs 3 straight seasons and setting the Lakers' futility record on the way out before breaking even THAT in his last season.

He shot 37% in his 2nd to last season and when people though he couldn't get any worse, he sunk to 35% and 17 ppg as he stunk up the place on his way out with the Lakers suffering for their worst record n franchise history.

In the very same season, Lebron james does the impossible and leads.a 3-1 comeback against the defending champions and 73 win Warriors, averaging a 36 point triple double during the comeback and cementing his legacy one of the top 3 players in history.

SexSymbol
08-16-2016, 05:08 AM
None of them declined in the all-time rankings, Kobe pushed himself a little further with 30k points and a great 12-13 season, Duncan won one more ring and these are Bron's peak years, obviously he improved vastly.

SexSymbol
08-16-2016, 05:09 AM
Kobe. It's pretty shocking what happened after 2010.
If you had told anyone that Kobe would never leave the second round again - heck, that Kobe would never win more than one game past the first round - till the end of his career, people would have thought you're crazy.

He finished his career by missing the playoffs 3 straight seasons and setting the Lakers' futility record on the way out before breaking even THAT in his last season.

He shot 37% in his 2nd to last season and when people though he couldn't get any worse, he sunk to 35% and 17 ppg as he stunk up the place on his way out with the Lakers suffering for their worst record n franchise history.

In the very same season, Lebron james does the impossible and leads.a 3-1 comeback against the defending champions and 73 win Warriors, averaging a 36 point triple double during the comeback and cementing his legacy one of the top 3 players in history.
I really like that the question was What happened to Kobe, Duncan, Legacy... and so on and the first thing you say is Kobe.
You literally have him living in your head, weak boy

TheWinningFam
08-16-2016, 05:11 AM
I really like that the question was What happened to Kobe, Duncan, Legacy... and so on and the first thing you say is Kobe.
Well kobe was the first one mentioned so it is only fair to start with kobe first? :confusedshrug: learn what rent free means :roll:

SexSymbol
08-16-2016, 05:14 AM
Well kobe was the first one mentioned so it is only fair to start with kobe first? :confusedshrug: learn what rent free means :roll:
he didn't even mention Duncan, probably the best player of these three guys :roll: :roll: :roll:

TheWinningFam
08-16-2016, 05:33 AM
he didn't even mention Duncan, probably the best player of these three guys :roll: :roll: :roll:

No non hater/kobefan is taking duncan over lebron :roll:

Mr Feeny
08-16-2016, 06:52 AM
he didn't even mention Duncan, probably the best player of these three guys :roll: :roll: :roll:Lebron is a top 3 player all time so by default he's ahead.
Duncan is a top 10 player as well but didn't necessarily move THAT much over the past 6 years.
Kobe is the one who demolished his legacy.
That's all.

JT123
08-16-2016, 12:25 PM
:wtf: As a long time Feeny fan I guarantee you the majority of his posts have nothing to do with Kobe.
What is it with Kobe stans and their persecution complex? Either everyone is out to get Kobe or everyone is an alt. Paranoid much :lol

MintBerryCrunch
08-16-2016, 01:51 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IoFWPA1eFhA/UpjgvPckNOI/AAAAAAAAAHo/QdQMTd5lEJk/s640/Kobe's+Records.jpg
:oldlol:

Chokefree
08-16-2016, 01:56 PM
OP do you ever seriously go upstairs?

Why keep talking about kobe hes RETIRED? GET OVER IT!

KOBE IS RETIRED!!!!

DO

YOU

UNDERSTAND?

YOU STUPID FVCKING PEASANT

Cap'n Obvious
08-16-2016, 02:03 PM
LeBron's improved the most because he got 3 championships and 3 FMVPs.