PDA

View Full Version : Death by midrange: Isiah Thomas Eliminates Michael Jordan

Jameerthefear
08-16-2016, 10:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM3AV1xLyEQ
Yikes, I guess Pippen was too young to put the brakes on him and Jordan was getting burned...

ClipperRevival
08-16-2016, 10:48 PM
:applause:

Isiah one of the most underrated greats ever.

But yeah, Pip just didn't have enough help in this series, averaging 9.7 ppg on 40% FG. MJ could've done more. 29.7 ppg and the next highest scorer on the team at 12.0 ppg.

It was Pippem and the Pippenairres.

Dray n Klay
08-16-2016, 10:52 PM

But yeah, Pip just didn't have enough help in this series, averaging 9.7 ppg on 40% FG. MJ could've done more. 29.7 ppg and the next highest scorer on the team at 12.0 ppg.

You can stop with your pro-Jordan trolling

Pippen might be the GOAT co-first option in NBA history and you damn well know it.

juju151111
08-16-2016, 11:37 PM
Yikes, I guess Pippen was too young to put the brakes on him and Jordan was getting burned...
Mj guarded Isiah in 89 and 90 isiah shot sub 40% with him on him

Paul George 24
08-16-2016, 11:39 PM
PIPPEN IS A ROLE PLAYER WITHOUT JORDAN

LostCause
08-17-2016, 12:57 AM
Do you guys even watch these games or have any sort of knowledge about them outside of a highlight video?

Thomas did not by any means have a good offensive showing that night when Jordan was guarding him. In that video alone, he made 4 shots with Jordan guarding him for 8 points. That video is missing plenty of his other baskets but in total Thomas had 10 points on 36% shooting with Jordan on him. For the entire series that's pretty much how it went with Jordan on Zeke. I wouldn't call that getting "burned" by any means. I will call what Kblaze did to the trolls in the Wilt thread being burned, though

If Lebron held Kobe to those numbers there would be dozens of threads of how he shut him down. Be more consistent fellas, can't even take most of you seriously when it comes to this shit

Pippen might be the GOAT co-first option in NBA history and you damn well know it.
Pippen was never a co-first option with Jordan, he was distinctly a #2 option and will gladly admit to as much himself. However, that doesn't detract from the fact that he was definitely a leader of the team, and generally the more liked by his teammates due to most of them being afraid of Jordan

fourkicks44
08-17-2016, 06:54 AM

Underrated on this message board.

Do you guys even watch these games or have any sort of knowledge about them outside of a highlight video?

Thomas did not by any means have a good offensive showing that night when Jordan was guarding him. In that video alone, he made 4 shots with Jordan guarding him for 8 points. That video is missing plenty of his other baskets but in total Thomas had 10 points on 36% shooting with Jordan on him. For the entire series that's pretty much how it went with Jordan on Zeke. I wouldn't call that getting "burned" by any means. I will call what Kblaze did to the trolls in the Wilt thread being burned, though

If Lebron held Kobe to those numbers there would be dozens of threads of how he shut him down. Be more consistent fellas, can't even take most of you seriously when it comes to this shit

Pippen was never a co-first option with Jordan, he was distinctly a #2 option and will gladly admit to as much himself. However, that doesn't detract from the fact that he was definitely a leader of the team, and generally the more liked by his teammates due to most of them being afraid of Jordan

Well said :applause:

TBH Jordan's defense in that edited vid is pretty good. Text book, how you would coach youngsters. He tries not to play Zeke too close to avoid getting beaten off the dribble (Thomas' strength). Zeke was a great shooter too, that shouldn't be understated either.