PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with the ISH GOAT List 2016 Edition

RRR3
08-16-2016, 10:19 PM
The list I compiled is invalidated now, by my own admission. I wasn't up to the task, and I apologize to ISH. I had hoped a more capable poster would start the list but that didn't happen so I eventually did. If someone else wishes to start the project again, go for it.

Orlando Magic
08-16-2016, 10:22 PM
Allen Iverson.

RRR3
08-16-2016, 10:24 PM
Allen Iverson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcIIJojyeh8

Orlando Magic
08-16-2016, 10:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcIIJojyeh8

http://stshd.translationllc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/iverson-mvp.jpg

Dray n Klay
08-16-2016, 11:17 PM
While I applaud your efforts...tallying votes from a forum full of idiots, and most with zero knowledge of anything before 2012...was probably a waste of time.

Incidently, you are one of the very few quality posters on this site.

:cheers:

We could run this poll on any other site and none would have Wilt in the Top 5 :banana:

KirbyPls
08-16-2016, 11:30 PM
While I applaud your efforts...tallying votes from a forum full of idiots, and most with zero knowledge of anything before 2012...was probably a waste of time.

Incidently, you are one of the very few quality posters on this site.

:cheers:

Yeah, Wilt's also the only player who has 2-3,000 words explaining his shortcomings; also the only player who is allowed the "scoring role/era, defensive/playmaker era," etc.

You act all high and mighty, but you'd never even consider Bron's 2011 Finals (a choke btw) a "playmaker/facilitator series from him, but apparently, Wilt at 32 years old is excused for averaging 12 ppg in the Finals.

While Wilt is unfairly critiqued, I've never seen so many excuses/explanations/agendas to explain his often mediocre performances (to his standards). Wilt posters are often intelligent, but don't act like your 3,000 word essays explaining/excusing his actual chokes are anything other than verbose standom.

FKAri
08-16-2016, 11:35 PM
We could run this poll on any other site and none would have Wilt in the Top 5 :banana:
Yet the ISH vote just put Wilt at 5 :lol

LAZERUSS
08-16-2016, 11:45 PM

Interesting that ESPN's night janitors recently voted Wilt behind KAJ in their list...and yet ESPN's Sports Century from 1999, had Wilt ranked ahead of him (in fact, he was 5th behind MJ, Wilt, Magic, and Russell.)

https://espn.go.com/sportscentury/athletes.html

Evidently KAJ must have come out of retirement since then...

Big164
08-16-2016, 11:47 PM
Yeah, Wilt's also the only player who has 2-3,000 words explaining his shortcomings; also the only player who is allowed the "scoring role/era, defensive/playmaker era," etc.

You act all high and mighty, but you'd never even consider Bron's 2011 Finals (a choke btw) a "playmaker/facilitator series from him, but apparently, Wilt at 32 years old is excused for averaging 12 ppg in the Finals.

While Wilt is unfairly critiqued, I've never seen so many excuses/explanations/agendas to explain his often mediocre performances (to his standards). Wilt posters are often intelligent, but don't act like your 3,000 word essays explaining/excusing his actual chokes are anything other than verbose standom.
Lazarus's facts are nessicary, because 99% of us Weren't even alive when Wilt played his last game. You really have to dig to find the truth. It's not like Lebron who's entire career can be found on youtube.

Mr Feeny
08-17-2016, 12:05 AM

That's because he's not a top 3 goat. So he's not judged at the same level :banana:

Mr Feeny
08-17-2016, 12:06 AM

:oldlol: :applause:
I just care about the top 3. It's Jordan jabbar and James.
Nothing else after that matters. Peasants like Ilt are atleast a tier below:D

KirbyPls
08-17-2016, 12:09 AM
Lazarus's facts are nessicary, because 99% of us Weren't even alive when Wilt played his last game. You really have to dig to find the truth. It's not like Lebron who's entire career can be found on youtube.

Just apply the same level of scrutiny and standards is all I ask. You will clown Lebron for 2011 (rightfully so), and justify 69 Wilt to the death. I don't respect that if you play it off as anything other than stannery.

Mr Feeny
08-17-2016, 12:11 AM
Just apply the same level of scrutiny and standards is all I ask. You will clown Lebron for 2011 (rightfully so), and justify 69 Wilt to the death. I don't respect that if you play it off as anything other than stannery.worse. Those Wilt stans say that a 27, 19, 10 triple double is "quitting" by Lebron in 2010 and that 12 ppg with 9 missed free throws in a 2 point game 7 loss is winning basketball by Wilt:oldlol:

LAZERUSS
08-17-2016, 12:14 AM

"Chokes?"

You realize that Lebron was one shot from Allen, and one shot from Kyrie, away from being "1-7?"

While Wilt was one stolen inbounds pass, and one stolen dribble, by teammates, away from two more rings.

Or "choking" by taking the essentially the same last place roster he inherited two years earlier, to a game seven, two point loss, against a 60-20 Celtics team...and with a 34-27 series.

Or taking a 40-40 team to a game seven, one point loss, against a 62-18 Celtics, and with a 30-31 series.

Or that his TEAM's lost FOUR game seven's to Russell's Dynasty, by a combined margin of NINE points (2, 1, 4, and 2 points.)

Or that when Chamberlain FINALLY had a roster that was the EQUAL of Russell's (healthy and with a HOF coach)...that they annihilated the eight-time defending (and 60-21) Celtics, en route to a dominating world title.

Conversely, MJ won two rings in Finals in which he shot .427 and even .415 from the field.

Bird won a ring in a Finals in which he averaged 15 ppg on a .419 FG%.

KAJ won a ring in a Finals in which he averaged a 13-4- .414 FG% (and with a game seven of 4 points on 2-7 from the field in 29 minutes.)

Kobe won a ring with a game seven of 6-24 shooting.

Are you going to tell me with a straight face that those guys performed better than Chamberlain did in the '65 EDF's (30-31 .555 FG%...with a game seven of 30-32 on an .800 FG%)...losing to a Boston team that would rout the Lakers in the Finals, 4-1?

Mr Feeny
08-17-2016, 12:17 AM
9 missed free throws in a 2 point game 7 loss.
12 ppg for the series and has multiple 8 point games in crucial games.
Jerry West scored a 42 point triple double in game 7 but can't carry the trash.

Hmm

LAZERUSS
08-17-2016, 12:23 AM
9 missed free throws in a 2 point game 7 loss.
12 ppg for the series and has multiple 8 point games in crucial games.
Jerry West scored a 42 point triple double in game 7 but can't carry the trash.

Hmm

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Wilt with an 18-27-10 game seven, on a game high .621 TS%...

compared to Lebron's clinching game four sweeping loss performance in 2007 of...

10-30 from the field, and 2-6 from the line....

in a ONE POINT loss.

In a Finals in which he shot....get this... .356 from the field!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

LAZERUSS
08-17-2016, 12:40 AM
worse. Those Wilt stans say that a 27, 19, 10 triple double is "quitting" by Lebron in 2010 and that 12 ppg with 9 missed free throws in a 2 point game 7 loss is winning basketball by Wilt:oldlol:

No, the Wilt "stans" say that Lebron QUIT in game FIVE of that series...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d-Mnfz6iB0

In a 120-88 loss...in which "Court Jester James" scored 15 points on 3-14 shooting.

Of course, his own OWNER made this claim...

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/dan_gilbert_says_lebron_james.html

Gilbert feels James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

The Cavaliers were beaten by 32 points in Game 5. During the game, James appeared distracted and uninterested, often glaring at Cleveland's coaches as the Cavs tried to foul to get back into the game in the second half. James also made some puzzling postgame comments, saying he had "spoiled" people with his play over seven seasons.

Gilbert also said he believes James quit on the Cavs in Game 6 of their series in 2009 against Orlando.

"Go back and look at the tape," he said. "How many shots did he take?"

Get your facts straight next time...

Inferno
08-17-2016, 12:47 AM
That sucks, I just started voting. Shame that good posters are hard to come by, hence my lack of posting the last few months
*did not mean I was a good poster, meant that the lack thereof keeps me away

Yeah stans have finally overrun this board. You know it's bad when mods have to resort to stickying threads to try and get discussion that doesn't involve "2/7", "12be", "LeThick", and whatever the fukk else has become a trend here :oldlol:

Hopefully more posters come back when the season starts

LostCause
08-17-2016, 01:09 AM

Can't really disagree with this. Honestly, hardly seems like a "basketball" forum and more like a tweenage chat room or twitter feed. Lots of smilies, gifs and trolling but very little substance or knowledge

For real basketball discussions, I prefer that other place outside of posts by maybe 4-5 people here. But who doesn't enjoy a little laugh here and there at the expense of other's

Yeah stans have finally overrun this board. You know it's bad when mods have to resort to stickying threads to try and get discussion that doesn't involve "2/7", "12be", "LeThick", and whatever the fukk else has become a trend here :oldlol:

Hopefully more posters come back when the season starts

It's bad when a mod straight up says a vast majority of the posters are idiots except 30 tops

Spurs m8
08-17-2016, 01:22 AM
shuttlesworth
spursring5
SwayDizzle
nilocon
Cone

These are some...

Kblaze8855
08-17-2016, 02:27 AM
You cant really do this type of thing and let random people vote. Someone eventually will **** it up for you just to be a dick. Then you have the people who will change votes when someone they dont like gets in to get their guy in next...when they didnt vote for them the last round...as if NBA history changed that day.

You will never get even 10 people to be reasonable about it.

Mr Feeny
08-17-2016, 02:29 AM
Can't really disagree with this. Honestly, hardly seems like a "basketball" forum and more like a tweenage chat room or twitter feed. Lots of smilies, gifs and trolling but very little substance or knowledge

For real basketball discussions, I prefer that other place outside of posts by maybe 4-5 people here. But who doesn't enjoy a little laugh here and there at the expense of other's

It's bad when a mod straight up says a vast majority of the posters are idiots except 30 tops

Especially when said mod is one of the biggest idiots on here.

Paul George 24
08-17-2016, 02:44 AM
shuttlesworth
spursring5
SwayDizzle
nilocon
Cone

These are some...
SMART :applause: