PDA

View Full Version : Does Lebron have any motivation left?

Nash
08-17-2016, 01:12 PM
Now that he has shown everything, will go down as 2nd GOAT and finally even done the impossible and brought his home town a championship, does he have any motivation left at 32 years old?
There is no chip on his shoulder any more. The final one was his promise to northeast ohio and he fulfilled that.

Prime_Shaq
08-17-2016, 01:14 PM
http://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/2016/08/01/lebron-james-si-cover-title.jpg

Mr Feeny
08-17-2016, 02:12 PM
Like prime Shaq said, it's Jordan now. Lebron is pretty much odds-on to go down as the 2nd GOAT but it's unlikely that he'll ever surpass Jordan.

That doesn't mean he can't try. If he's content with going down at 2 all time, then he has absolutely nothing to prove and might as well retire if he wants to. I think he sees Jordan as attainable though and he'll give it a push. Either way, it'll be fun to watch and even if he comes up short, he'll only have solidified his position ahead of everybody not named Jordan by making this push.

MintBerryCrunch
08-17-2016, 02:13 PM
Cavs going back-to-back. Durant teaming with the Warriors will give him motivation. He knows beating them puts him in the conversation with Jordan.

MintBerryCrunch
08-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Like prime Shaq said, it's Jordan now. Lebron is pretty much odds-on to go down as the 2nd GOAT but it's unlikely that he'll ever surpass Jordan.

Beating these Warriors puts him in the conversation. He beat a 73 win Warriors team, a team already better than any team Jordan beat, and now if he can beat the Warriors with Durant, that gives a major boost. Plus, LeBron's MVP chance went up with Curry and Durant joining forces.

LeBron could be looking at tying Jordan in MVPs this season. He could then be a 4 time FMVP, 2 of which would be against tougher competition than Jordan ever beat (plus more Finals trips than Jordan which is a positive as much as people try to turn it into a negative). Then you account for LeBron likely passing Jordan in most statistical categories and having a chance for being #1 or #2 on the all-time scoring list, and an argument could really be made.

Mr Feeny
08-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Beating these Warriors puts him in the conversation. He beat a 73 win Warriors team, a team already better than any team Jordan beat, and now if he can beat the Warriors with Durant, that gives a major boost. Plus, LeBron's MVP chance went up with Curry and Durant joining forces.

LeBron could be looking at tying Jordan in MVPs this season. He could then be a 4 time FMVP, 2 of which would be against tougher competition than Jordan ever beat (plus more Finals trips than Jordan which is a positive as much as people try to turn it into a negative). Then you account for LeBron likely passing Jordan in most statistical categories and having a chance for being #1 or #2 on the all-time scoring list, and an argument could really be made.

I think I agree IF he wins this year. Everything you said is true but I'm not sure that I already have him there, neck and neck, yet. The conversation is no longer ludicrous but I think there's more than a negligible gap.
Were he to do this again, you're dead right. It would be a toss-up in my opinion. You'd then be able to argue that 2 of his 4 should never weighted differently and make the case that but for injuries ravaging his team in 2015, he have atleast 5 titles as lead dog including 7 straight Finals.

He has to do it though. I don't want to crown him just yet.