PDA

View Full Version : Bran's analogy about collusion/super teams

Ca$H
08-17-2016, 01:20 PM
"You look at Fortune 500 companies and you look at great CEOs, they don't go hire a CFO that's (considered) 50th on the chain," James said. "They go hire the No. 1 guy. They go hire the No. 1 guy. It's like they all go hire the best guys because, listen, they know those guys are going to help them be successful. It's different how it's portrayed in our sport, which is fine, because I love the competition."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17326676/cleveland-cavaliers-star-lebron-james-says-dream-own-nba-team

It's good that Bran isn't acting like a petulant hypocrite like his stans. Clearly he has no problem with Durant's decision to join the Warriors.

I know you are
08-17-2016, 01:26 PM
That makes sense from the franchise perspective, but it feels like a betrayal to the fans and teammates of the former team. I think of it more like leaving your wife and kids for a new family. I don't blame the new family (Warriors), I blame the cheating husband (Durant) that left his family to die (Thunder fans).

MintBerryCrunch
08-17-2016, 01:34 PM
What Durant did is so much worse than what LeBron did.

Kblaze8855
08-17-2016, 01:50 PM
That makes sense from the franchise perspective, but it feels like a betrayal to the fans and teammates of the former team. I think of it more like leaving your wife and kids for a new family. I don't blame the new family (Warriors), I blame the cheating husband (Durant) that left his family to die (Thunder fans).

I dont think you can really betray fans. Teammates? Maybe a little since they are often your friends...people who hang with and kinda live with for half the year. So yea...you can kinda do them wrong.

Fans?

Fans dont give a shit about players. They care about the team winning....they care about the players talent. A fan of the player...for his game....for who he is...wouldnt care where he played. And there are lots of them.

The team fans are hurt because they are just that....fans of the team...they hate the guy the minute hes gone. His actual fans....follow him. Hard to betray them....because they dont care. The people who burn your jersey and hate you for life were never your fans to begin with...they were fans of your contribution to their personal happiness.

Fans are as selfish as players. Perhaps more so. They actually think another man owes them victory more than he has a right to be happy on his own terms....or do what his family wants. He doesnt owe anyone anywhere his talent. Fans get it in their heads that they pay these guys salary....as if it isnt fans EVERYWHERE paying it through tv deals. And even if they paid it directly...it isnt a gift. Its a purchase. Your talent for money.

After thats done...nobody is owed a thing. You give me money...I give you the agreed upon talent for the agreed time. I dont just...owe you my talent forever....id owe it to whoever is paying for it now.

None of these dudes owe any of us a thing.

Nash
08-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Durant left a fortune 500 company for another fortune 500 company.

Lebron left a sausage stand for a fortune 500 company

Mr Feeny
08-17-2016, 02:40 PM

:oldlol:

guy
08-17-2016, 02:46 PM
The sports to normal business analogy is really stupid.

I know you are
08-17-2016, 02:50 PM

:lol

tamaraw08
08-17-2016, 06:19 PM
"You look at Fortune 500 companies and you look at great CEOs, they don't go hire a CFO that's (considered) 50th on the chain," James said. "They go hire the No. 1 guy. They go hire the No. 1 guy. It's like they all go hire the best guys because, listen, they know those guys are going to help them be successful. It's different how it's portrayed in our sport, which is fine, because I love the competition."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17326676/cleveland-cavaliers-star-lebron-james-says-dream-own-nba-team

It's good that Bran isn't acting like a petulant hypocrite like his stans. Clearly he has no problem with Durant's decision to join the Warriors.

Truth be Told then.
It's not about coming home to Cleveland but realizing that Wade has gotten old and injury prone, he then leaves Miami to join
1. Kyrie, arguably the top 6 best young PG at that time, possibly top 3 now.
2. Tristan Thompson, a hard nosed defender and a very good rebounder.
3. Top 1 pick to probably be traded for K Love who was averaging like 22 pts, 14 rebs/game.
You then recruit the best shooters available like Mike Miller, Jones etc
ok then, I get it, take the easiest way to win. Leave your former team if you must, because it's all about you, nobody else.

FultzNationRISE
01-31-2021, 09:08 PM
LeELOQUENT :applause:

coin24
02-01-2021, 04:00 AM
What Durant did is so much worse than what LeBron did.

Collude successfully, win and push brans shit in on the biggest stage?

Yeah poor LeTiny :oldlol:

Micku
02-01-2021, 04:14 AM
Truth be Told then.
It's not about coming home to Cleveland but realizing that Wade has gotten old and injury prone, he then leaves Miami to join
1. Kyrie, arguably the top 6 best young PG at that time, possibly top 3 now.
2. Tristan Thompson, a hard nosed defender and a very good rebounder.
3. Top 1 pick to probably be traded for K Love who was averaging like 22 pts, 14 rebs/game.
You then recruit the best shooters available like Mike Miller, Jones etc
ok then, I get it, take the easiest way to win. Leave your former team if you must, because it's all about you, nobody else.

Hahah! Y'know all of LeBron's collusion and super teams never worked out as well as he or the fans thought. Like I'm sure ppl thought they were gonn'a be like the 16 or 17 GSW before they were the GSW.

Aside from 2011, Wade was constantly dealing with injuries and by time the playoffs, his knees were shot. It just got worse and worse. But healthy Wade with the Heat, like the RS Miami 2013, that was something special. But he always got hurt.

Kyrie and Kevin Love? I dunno what happened to Kevin Love. It was another super team, but not as good as Miami. K.Love just didn't produce as well as in his T'Wolves days. While he wasn't efficient back then, he was still a 26/14 guy. All those pts were thrown out the window. He kept his passing and rebounding, but not as much scoring. Kyrie was Kyrie. But they never lived up to their potential in the RS. Always going through something. In 15, they got hurt. 16 was legendary in the post season. 17 was a mess till playoffs. Then Kyrie was like, "**** LeBron" and went rogue. 18 was just crazyness. It's amazing that LeBron carried that team.

But yeah. All of LeBron's super teams never worked out to its fullest potential. Not like KD with the Warriors.

Granted, ppl don't hate LBJ as much right now. Mostly cuz Wade constantly got hurt and didn't perform as well and KD being a snake.

What KD did was the worse than LBJ ever did. But LBJ started it.

light
02-01-2021, 05:06 AM
He's not wrong.

Look at what the Bulls did in 1996. They had the best coach in Jackson and the 2 best players in the sport in Jordan and Pippen and to that they added the best rebounder in Rodman.

LeBron has yet to stack the deck that much but it's difficult to do because coaches like Jackson are as rare as he is.