PDA

View Full Version : Is it 'collusion' if you join a 33 win team with 0 current all-stars?

Dray n Klay
08-17-2016, 02:54 PM
You tell me

I know you are
08-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Given all the rest of the context: Yes.

TheWinningFam
08-17-2016, 02:58 PM
Lebron joins 47 and 33 win teams with 0-1 all stars and its collusion ''a loser''

Kobe forces his way to a 55+ win team with prime shaq and its ''being loyal'' ''competitive''

Its like the cliche east is weak argument, if lebron went to the west and won they would complain about him facing ''weak east teams'' in the finals aswell as ''making the league weaker with less competition'' So no matter the situation he cant win in some stan's eyes..

JT123
08-17-2016, 03:08 PM
No, not it is not

warriorfan
08-17-2016, 03:13 PM
https://s31.postimg.io/d9ndpvc63/lebroncollude.jpg

LostCause
08-17-2016, 03:16 PM
A Dray n Klay thread with a WinningFam sighting. That's a scary blend of bad

Thread was destined for failure

RedBlackAttack
08-17-2016, 03:47 PM
FWIW, both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love were All-Stars when LeBron made his decision to come back. J/S

Hey Yo
08-17-2016, 04:21 PM
FWIW, both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love were All-Stars when LeBron made his decision to come back. J/S
He wasn't on the team when James signed on (July 12th) to come back to Cleveland.

LostCause
08-17-2016, 05:09 PM
He wasn't on the team when James signed on (July 12th) to come back to Cleveland.

I highly doubt Lebron would've signed if they couldn't get Love or another All-Star player. Love was already in the mix before Lebron signed, and his signing depended on them inking Lebron. So Bron definitely made the decision to sign after already recruiting Love, and knowing he'd come

http://fansided.com/2014/06/26/nba-rumors-kevin-love-lebron-james-cavaliers/

Hey Yo
08-17-2016, 05:17 PM
I highly doubt Lebron would've signed if they couldn't get Love or another All-Star player. Love was already in the mix before Lebron signed, and his signing depended on them inking Lebron. So Bron definitely made the decision to sign after already recruiting Love, and knowing he'd come

http://fansided.com/2014/06/26/nba-rumors-kevin-love-lebron-james-cavaliers/
Minnesota's front office still had to give the OK for a trade AND find a 3rd team to make it work.

Nothing was guaranteed when James singed on, other than the 33 win roster from the year before was still intact + the addition of Wiggins.

LostCause
08-17-2016, 05:25 PM
Minnesota's front office still had to give the OK for a trade AND find a 3rd team to make it work.

Nothing was guaranteed when James singed on, other than the 33 win roster from the year before was still intact + the addition of Wiggins.

They were obviously going to make it work seeing as Love wanted out of
Minnesota and Minnesota wanted to get rid of Love

It's a billion-dollar business. There's a reason Deandre Jordan's antics of going back on his word were so frowned upon, no one respects it and it rarely happens. Love wouldn't even be talking about OK'ing a trade if he wasn't already made aware that it was possible by Minnesota, or if he hadn't already been approached about the specifics of it. How would that make sense?

damn, what can i say....slay... slayed

You forgot to ask "What's that spell" and wave your pom-poms around

Hey Yo
08-17-2016, 05:41 PM
They were obviously going to make it work seeing as Love wanted out of
Minnesota and Minnesota wanted to get rid of Love
You make it sound like it's so easy when clearly it doesn't work that way. "Going to make it work" could have easily turned into " we got a better offer, sorry Cleveland" It didn't matter if Love wants to go there or not....he didn't have a "no trade clause" where he would have to OK a deal like KG did. Hell, he almost was traded to GS.

It's a billion-dollar business. There's a reason Deandre Jordan's antics of going back on his word were so frowned upon, no one respects it and it rarely happens. Love wouldn't even be talking about OK'ing a trade if he wasn't already made aware that it was possible by Minnesota, or if he hadn't already been approached about the specifics of it. How would that make sense
Of course Love knew about the possibilities of being traded to Cleveland and the specifics, but at the end of the day, when James signed on July 12th, nothing was finalized on the trade. Love wasn't a Cavalier.

Remind Cavs fans about Carlos Boozer and then ask how confident they were that Love was going to sign on with Cleveland like he said he would.

Poetry
08-17-2016, 05:51 PM
A Dray n Klay thread with a WinningFam sighting. That's a scary blend of bad

Thread was destined for failure

Well, they are the same person.

LostCause
08-17-2016, 06:06 PM
You make it sound like it's so easy when clearly it doesn't work that way. "Going to make it work" could have easily turned into " we got a better offer, sorry Cleveland" It didn't matter if Love wants to go there or not....he didn't have a "no trade clause" where he would have to OK a deal like KG did. Hell, he almost was traded to GS.

The "Ok" was due to Cleveland not wanting to trade Wiggins for him if he wouldn't sign an extension.

You saying it doesn't work that way doesn't say anything at all. It could've turned into anything, sure, but potentially getting the #1 overall pick (and Wiggins had serious hype) for a disgruntled star who already said he's NOT re-signing is a no-brainer, so yes, it was "so easy". What potential "better offer" would've come up that hadn't by that point?

It was a certainty that the trade was going to happen. Just like it was a certainty Lebron was going to Miami even though he hadn't signed with them prior to The Decision, but I bet Wade and Bosh didn't doubt it or have pause because he could've just as easily gone to New York. Possible? Sure. Probable? Not even close.

Of course Love knew about the possibilities of being traded to Cleveland and the specifics, but at the end of the day, when James signed on July 12th, nothing was finalized on the trade. Love wasn't a Cavalier.

For all intents and purposes, Love was a Cavalier. The trade was delayed due to the 30-day moratorium on trading rookie contracts. There was no way Lebron wasn't completely confident Love would be joining him in Cleveland. The Cavs would've made that happen by any means necessary

Remind Cavs fans about Carlos Boozer and then ask how confident they were that Love was going to sign on with Cleveland like he said he would.

They weren't confident he'd re-sign with the team after the first year actually completed, there was news that he was going to leave following the first year after they lost and his role was diminished. That's irrelevant to what happened the year before that during talks, however, when he made it clear he'd sign an extension with Cleveland IF Lebron signed with them for more than a year. Which is something he carried through on

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah163/lambruh/garnett_zpsftvb8r8u.gif

ITT. Stop doing this, fam

http://i.imgur.com/stlNV6M.gif

GrapeApe
08-17-2016, 06:40 PM
First of all, free agency isn't collusion. I'm not sure when or why that word began being used as a blanket term to describe free agent signings. Second of all, Lebron didn't join teams alone. In 2010 and 2014, Lebron joined a team along with another all-star. Shockingly, adding 2 all-stars caused those teams to improve.

JT123
08-17-2016, 06:58 PM
First of all, free agency isn't collusion. I'm not sure when or why that word began being used as a blanket term to describe free agent signings. Second of all, Lebron didn't join teams alone. In 2010 and 2014, Lebron joined a team along with another all-star. Shockingly, adding 2 all-stars caused those teams to improve.
Just once, I would like to see you break character and make a post that wasn't trying to diminish Lebron's impact on teams.
Doesn't spending every day trolling about the same subject matter get tired after a while? Serious question

LostCause
08-17-2016, 07:04 PM
Just once, I would like to see you break character and make a post that wasn't trying to diminish Lebron's impact on teams.
Doesn't spending every day trolling about the same subject matter get tired after a while? Serious question

I've been here for maybe 2 weeks and already I've seen people re-hash the same posts multiple times, create the same/similar threads for a singular purpose, or just say dumb shit

So I think the answer to that question is no. I don't even think most of the posters here know how to have a real basketball discussion, mostly just about getting brownie points and trolling. It's a shame though as I've read some great threads that were made in the past here

JT123
08-17-2016, 07:14 PM
I've been here for maybe 2 weeks and already I've seen people re-hash the same posts multiple times, create the same/similar threads for a singular purpose, or just say dumb shit

So I think the answer to that question is no. I don't even think most of the posters here know how to have a real basketball discussion, mostly just about getting brownie points and trolling. It's a shame though as I've read some great threads that were made in the past here
I feel you, and while there are still a few trolls ruining the board (GrapeApe) it used to be WAY worse.
Things have gotten much better since myself and a few other members exterminated 95% of the vermin (kobe stans) that were infecting this great forum. We still see a cockroach running around every now and then (tpols) but then we just pull out the ether and send him running for the hills without much effort involved.
You're welcome Jeff and Steve. :cheers:

bluechox2
08-17-2016, 08:02 PM
love and irving were both allstars the previous year...so lebran "colluder" james joined 2 other allstars once again

Poetry
08-17-2016, 08:13 PM
love and irving were both allstars the previous year...so lebran "colluder" james joined 2 other allstars once again

LeBron fans are convinced LeBron is #3 all-time because ESPN told them so, but they disregard ESPN ranking Kyrie as the #8 player in the league in 2013 and Kevin Love as the #7 player in the league in 2014.

So not only were they all-stars, they were both top ten players.

Cleverness
08-17-2016, 08:51 PM
and kg joined a 24-win team with 0 all-stars and led them to a title less than 1 year later:rolleyes:

GrapeApe
08-17-2016, 09:06 PM
and kg joined a 24-win team with 0 all-stars and led them to a title less than 1 year later:rolleyes:

:bowdown: :applause:

That is some SERIOUS impact to join a 24 win with no all-stars and immediately lead them to a title.

K.dot ShowTime
08-17-2016, 10:06 PM
LeBron fans are convinced LeBron is #3 all-time because ESPN told them so, but they disregard ESPN ranking Kyrie as the #8 player in the league in 2013 and Kevin Love as the #7 player in the league in 2014.

So not only were they all-stars, they were both top ten players.
:applause: :applause:

RedBlackAttack
08-17-2016, 10:29 PM
LeBron isn't stupid, especially when it comes to basketball. I genuinely think he intended to come back to Cleveland at some point to cap his career, but I don't think he envisioned it happening so soon. At the end of the day, he will have spent just 4 years in a non-Cavaliers uniform (I don't see him leaving again).

But, there was a crazy confluence of events. First, Kyrie was awesome in the 2014 All-Star Game and he and LeBron had several highlights playing off of one another.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/02/17/2014-02-1619_28_48.gif

Then, in the middle of the playoffs, the Cavs won the draft lottery again with ridiculous odds against them. I think they had the 3rd lowest chance of getting the #1 pick of the 14 teams in the lottery, iirc.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5502/14047264448_0967db331e_o.gif

Third, the Heat were unceremoniously and unexpectedly annihilated in a fashion where Miami looked like they didn't belong on the same floor with the Spurs. I think the Spurs were actually favored going into the series, but I think most people expected it to be as tightly contested as the year before. The gap was so large, everyone started looking around and wondering if the Heat could come close to that level.

The Heat looked mentally and physically exhausted. It was the same feel I had with the Cavs after the 2010 loss to the Celtics.

Fourth, Kevin Love announces during the freaking NBA Draft that he would sign long-term with Cleveland if LeBron went back there.

Kevin Love would commit to Cavs (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11203427/kevin-love-intrigued-commit-cleveland-cavaliers)

There were other things small things, too, like Tristan Thompson, one of LeBron's best friends in the league, beginning to show signs of being a really high end energy/motor guy.

I believe that his heart was pulling him back to Ohio and a lot of what was in his letter was true, but if the Cavs were in the position that they were in 2011, the year after he left, he would never have come back.

They already had one of the elite young stars in the league, they had accumulated a ton of assets to make other moves, and another Olympian/All-Star who was THE wildcard star free agent in that class had publicly stated the Cavs were the team he preferred if James came back... and the Cavs had all the pieces to make a deal work without including guys like Thompson or Waiters (which came in handy later).

It's pretty obvious that it was a combination of "coming home," trying to take care of unfinished business (ie legacy stuff), and a team with a star in place and another waiting in the wings and tons of salary/asset flexibility.

Spin it however you want. The Cavaliers' franchise had a string of fortunate things fall their way and the Heat collapsed at exactly the wrong time.

Duncan21formvp
08-18-2016, 12:20 AM
https://s31.postimg.io/d9ndpvc63/lebroncollude.jpg
Yep

Monta Ellis MVP
08-18-2016, 12:32 AM
If we are being real. Yes, LeBron did collude.

Paul George 24
08-18-2016, 01:19 AM
LECHOKE FORCE THE TRADE TO GET LOVE :lol