PDA

View Full Version : Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz II

iamgine
08-18-2016, 01:51 AM
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/0xSsPKa-4gQMqmiVuTywN8T94bQ=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6785423/027825_202_TMobile_Arena_Generic_600x600-0ea616cb88.0.jpg

First fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3VN21wOq2A

Press conference with some mandatory WWE acting at the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-1fkPEwtU

It's gonna be a great fight!

Nick Young
08-18-2016, 02:57 AM
RIP McScrubor

Doomsday Dallas
08-18-2016, 03:12 AM
How was I unaware of this?
(shows how much of a fan I am)

but if there was ever a UFC fight I'd be interested in.... this is the one.

This is as big as a (Prime) Tyson fight in my opinion.

Hope I don't miss it.

CarlosBoozer
08-18-2016, 03:50 AM
Nate should win this

G-train
08-18-2016, 07:10 PM
#teamdiaz

InsanityKills
08-18-2016, 07:15 PM
McGregor has this one easily.

bdreason
08-18-2016, 07:24 PM
Fake hype. Should be a good fight though.

I think it's hilarious how McGregor thinks he's so untouchable. He loses this fight, and loses his first title defense, and people will forget about him. Rousey lost one fight and you haven't heard about her since. UFC fans are fickle.

nathanjizzle
08-18-2016, 07:45 PM
:bowdown:

L.Kizzle
08-18-2016, 07:52 PM
Same result from last time.
No Floyd fight for you.

G-train
08-18-2016, 07:53 PM
McGregor has this one easily.

He's gonna come out and do the same thing he always does, Nate just needs to avoid the damage for a round again.

Bobcats2013
08-18-2016, 08:40 PM
conor by dec str8 lefts all nite

i hope diaz wins tho cuz phuck UFC

Patrick Chewing
08-18-2016, 08:43 PM
How was I unaware of this?
(shows how much of a fan I am)

No shit. Update your avatar and location you freak.

plowking
08-18-2016, 08:52 PM
He's gonna come out and do the same thing he always does, Nate just needs to avoid the damage for a round again.

Nate took a lot of hard shots in that round you're talking about. He wasn't avoiding damage in any sense of the word. He is just as lucky as he is good one of them didn't land in the right place and drop him. Taking that many shots on the chin isn't a good thing.

Extremely hard fight to call. I think Nate gets him again though due to being more active and spry this time around with a full training camp. Don't think he gets hit with as many shots.

G-train
08-18-2016, 09:10 PM
My point is he avoided enough damage, as he survived and then won convincingly in the second.

If he can again be still standing in the second, I think he will win again.

Wally450
08-18-2016, 10:36 PM
Diaz gonna make him tap again. Can't wait.

Draz
08-18-2016, 11:19 PM
Nate got this

christian1923
08-18-2016, 11:38 PM
Gotta root for Conor. The fight business needs more fighters AND characters like him.

G-train
08-18-2016, 11:43 PM
Gotta root for Conor. The fight business needs more fighters AND characters like him.

I hate his character actually.
He portrays himself as a disrespectful idiot.

christian1923
08-19-2016, 12:23 AM
I hate his character actually.
He portrays himself as a disrespectful idiot.
Yeah he's a fighter not a cop, he suppose to act like an asshole. Those are the kind of fighter personalities that engage me and most fight fans enough to pay for PPV. It's entertainment.

Patrick Chewing
08-19-2016, 12:36 AM
Yeah he's a fighter not a cop, he suppose to act like an asshole. Those are the kind of fighter personalities that engage me and most fight fans enough to pay for PPV. It's entertainment.

Then you may as well watch Wrestling instead. They have tons of those characters.

The UFC is a joke when fighters like these act like this. Fighting is about the competition, the rivalry, and also the camaraderie.

G-train
08-19-2016, 12:53 AM

No he's not supposed to act like an asshole. He can act however he wants.

He goes beyond the typical trash talking into total moron mode.

gigantes
08-19-2016, 12:58 AM
I think it's hilarious how McGregor thinks he's so untouchable. He loses this fight, and loses his first title defense, and people will forget about him. Rousey lost one fight and you haven't heard about her since. UFC fans are fickle.
dude, she basically went spelunking after she lost. UFC fans had almost nothing to go on. i think the rare 'interview' she gave afterwards was for something completely unrelated, like some movie or product she was hawking. this had nothing to do with the fans being fickle.

anyway, conor has been looking like an immature idiot the past week or two. ordinarily i'm cool with him, but it's really hard to be a fan when he's so obnoxious and arrogant.

i did a quick breakdown (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12553538&postcount=13) for what conor needs to do to win this fight, and not much has changed. he really shouldn't be fighting at 170 IMO. he has maybe a couple paths to victory against nate, but nate just has so many more...

plowking
08-19-2016, 02:03 AM
No he's not supposed to act like an asshole. He can act however he wants.

He goes beyond the typical trash talking into total moron mode.

Umm, no he doesn't. What does he do that goes well and beyond the normal?

He is a charismatic individual with great presence on the mic. He is there to sell tickets. He does a great job.

plowking
08-19-2016, 02:06 AM
My point is he avoided enough damage, as he survived and then won convincingly in the second.

If he can again be still standing in the second, I think he will win again.

He didn't do enough to avoid damage. We've seen hard hits land on fighters and the fighter ends up fine. Then we've seen grazing shots hit the right area, and the fighter go down.
The plan isn't to get hit in the face. Taking any punch is a risk. Conor just happened to get hit with the right shot, and Diaz didn't.

There is nothing to signify that happening again. Diaz will be more spry this time and probably do a better job of avoiding those punches, hence increasing his chance not to get knocked out. All it takes is one good punch from either guy.

blacknapalm
08-19-2016, 04:57 AM
Then you may as well watch Wrestling instead. They have tons of those characters.

The UFC is a joke when fighters like these act like this. Fighting is about the competition, the rivalry, and also the camaraderie.

c'mon man, conor is over the top but this has been around forever in the fight game. the shit talk, the bravado. i'm sure at the end of the day, conor definitely sees nate as a threat. he has to say all these things to hype himself up apparently...that and it sells PPVs and he's said himself he's in the PPV selling business. i get it, conor irks me too, but some of the biggest scuffles and shit talking have come from boxing too, especially when tyson was around.

there's a reason why straight forward guys like rick story and damian maia don't make even a quarter of what conor makes. they don't draw and sell tickets. i'm a maia fan btw.

anyway, conor seems kinda rattled to me. overly emotional. he usually is laughing stuff off, calmly talking shit. now he's out here raising his voice, cussing, running around a stage like donkey kong looking at shit to throw. dropping a mic and walking off. he's not dictating what is happening and the whole diaz walk off thing seems to have totally thrown him off. dude just seems legitimately agitated and he needs to keep his emotions in check.

also, i'm not buying the whole gassed thing either. i mean, it played a factor a bit but conor making it seem like that was the one main factor is a joke. diaz caught him with a knee to the gut that seemed to take a lot out of him, then his 1-2 combo landed and totally stunned conor. that was the end of the fight. him going for a weak takedown was a hail mary.

nate bleeds a lot but he has a granite chin. i think conor needs to go with leg kicks. we've seen how little nate checks leg kicks. conor can kill his mobility and limit his range that way. it will open the rest of his game. he can actually win a decision if he does that.

i agree with gigantes quite a bit. can conor KO nate? maybe. should he be so hellbent on it that it becomes a rigid gameplan and head hunting is his go to? def not. like i said, he can win this on a decision if he uses his full striking arsenal. if he unloads and gets frustrated/panicked at the end of round 2 cuz diaz is still eating his shots? well, that will play right into diaz

Nastradamus
08-19-2016, 10:57 AM
Mcgregor will win rather easily. No disrespect to Diaz who I'm a huge fan of. Its just not his day. Mcgregor finishes him in 3 or less

Nastradamus
08-19-2016, 10:59 AM
He didn't do enough to avoid damage. We've seen hard hits land on fighters and the fighter ends up fine. Then we've seen grazing shots hit the right area, and the fighter go down.
The plan isn't to get hit in the face. Taking any punch is a risk. Conor just happened to get hit with the right shot, and Diaz didn't.

There is nothing to signify that happening again. Diaz will be more spry this time and probably do a better job of avoiding those punches, hence increasing his chance not to get knocked out. All it takes is one good punch from either guy.

Connor didn't get hit with the right shot, he gassed.

gigantes
08-19-2016, 01:09 PM
conor gassing midway through round two after a full camp is a bad sign. this is one of the reasons nate has more paths to victory than conor. examples:

conor is not likely to win the grappling exchanges against nate.

conor is in particularly bad shape going to the ground against nate.

no way in hell conor wins a cardio war against nate over five rounds.

conor head-hunting against the much longer diaz is seriously inefficient, as we saw.

this time, nate has had a full fight camp and has had time to fill out his 6' frame to the max that 170 allows him. meanwhile, the 5'9" conor is not necessarily any better at 170 and is arguably worse, considering the heavy-footedness we saw from him last time.

Nastradamus
08-19-2016, 01:58 PM
conor gassing midway through round two after a full camp is a bad sign. this is one of the reasons nate has more paths to victory than conor. examples:

conor is not likely to win the grappling exchanges against nate.

conor is in particularly bad shape going to the ground against nate.

no way in hell conor wins a cardio war against nate over five rounds.

conor head-hunting against the much longer diaz is seriously inefficient, as we saw.

this time, nate has had a full fight camp and has had time to fill out his 6' frame to the max that 170 allows him. meanwhile, the 5'9" conor is not necessarily any better at 170 and is arguably worse, considering the heavy-footedness we saw from him last time.

It was Connor's first fight at the weight and he wasn't used to carrying it. He has a frame naturally suited to fight at 155 or 170 though, so I think he will be better there with some experience and another camp under his belt.

Diaz is great on the ground(1st or 2nd in UFC history in submissions IIRC), but people always forget that he SUCKS at getting people to the ground. One of the worst at getting takedowns in the game. He also has no defense. Great chin, but its about to get tested. I'd guess he goes to sleep in the ring tomorrow night.

gigantes
08-19-2016, 02:26 PM
1) It was Connor's first fight at the weight and he wasn't used to carrying it. He has a frame naturally suited to fight at 155 or 170 though, so I think he will be better there with some experience and another camp under his belt.

2) Diaz is great on the ground(1st or 2nd in UFC history in submissions IIRC), but people always forget that he SUCKS at getting people to the ground. One of the worst at getting takedowns in the game. He also has no defense. Great chin, but its about to get tested. I'd guess he goes to sleep in the ring tomorrow night.
1) it wasn't really at 170, tho. it was 155 minus the weight cut. this will actually be conor's first fight at a true 170. meanwhile, nate already has a history of fighting at 170. another significant advantage to nate because he'll almost certainly be the bigger guy on fight night.

2) nate doesn't necessarily need to take conor to the ground. he can simply sprawl as we saw last time, or even just flip on to his back if he gets rocked. that's a big, werdum-like luxury, and shows just how dominant he is, even off his back.

nate (and his brother's) defense is a lot better than most people think. for one thing, their ability to punch non-stop and their ability to mix up light, medium and heavy power shots tends to frustrate their opponents and have them fighting less and less efficiently as the fight goes on. the other thing nate is great at is using his long frame to lean in and make the opponent think his head is closer than it really is. conor spent a lot of energy chasing that red herring last fight, only for nate to lean back and fire effective counters with his reach advantage.

i'm not saying conor can't win, but i think he has a load of problems to solve against nate. he's gotta be a scientist in there, not typical flashy mcgregor. like black napalm was saying, conor seems a bit rattled, and it seems like the diaz bros are one of the very few that his trash-talking game can backfire against. if conor does win, i will be mightily impressed, but if he loses, it's probably going to be kind of sad because a lot of us saw it coming while he didn't.

gigantes
08-19-2016, 06:50 PM
Donald Cerrone via Submission Radio: "Diaz. Diaz has too many years of jiujitsu. You can't just hire somebody and two months later, be a black belt. Stand up, the guy Conor, his hands are nice. I'm not taking anything away from him, but as far as like his wrestling and his jiujitsu, that's the area he lacks. Unfortunately you can't just learn that overnight. Diaz has been in the game a long time, and unless he gets knocked out, I see this fight going a lot like it did."

Bec Rawlings via Champions: "Diaz, for sure. McGregor couldn't even hang with him when he (Nate) had been in Cabo smoking weed like a week before he took that fight and he still got choked out. Diaz with a full camp has got it, hands down."

Pat Miletich via Submission Radio: "He’s going to get his ass beat by Nate again. I think Conor’s going to come in very motivated, bigger, stronger, but he’s not gonna be able to hurt Nate. Look, I’m training for a 100-mile run in two-mile altitude. The Diaz brothers do stuff like that on a regular basis. You cannot get them tired, you cannot hurt them."

Urijah Faber via Submission Radio: "I think Diaz is gonna get him. I mean, as far as what makes Conor so great, he's still gonna bring that to the table. He's a heavy puncher, he's got incredible confidence - we'll see if that's broken or not - he's an athletic guy, he's good at timing, etc. The things that make Nate Diaz great, is that he's put in hours and hours and years and years and years and years growing as a Mixed Martial Artist. And I think Conor has done the same, but not to the same level."

"He's not as accomplished on the ground, he hasn't gone with the wrestlers, and like Nate has been saying, he's been boxing with guys like Andre Ward and high-level boxers that are some of the best in the world for a long time. So it's not like a clear slate (that) Nate's gonna win or Conor's gonna win, but I think the odds are a little bit in Diaz's favor cause he can take a punch and he has a high output, just like Conor does, and he's got a better skillset on the ground.

Michael Bisping: "Conor is a game-changer, Conor is on top of his game and Conor is going to win the rematch. No disrespect to Diaz, but Conor will win"

Eddie Alvarez: "I think Nate’s going to do the same thing he did to Conor the first time. Conor tripped over his shoe laces the first time around and I think he’s going to trip up again. Conor’s a good talker but he has to be a good talker because he’s not too damn good at fighting."

Jose Aldo: "From what I saw, Nate is way bigger, stronger and he’s training. He got the first fight on short notice and was still able to win. Well-trained, he’ll be really hard for McGregor. If you look at Diaz’s fights, even when he’s getting beat he finds a way to come back. If I had to bet, it would be Nate."

Alexander Gustafsson: "I think Conor has learned a lot since the last fight but Diaz is too big. Conor is one of the best guys in the world in his division but it’s hard to move up and compete against the best guys in another weight class"

Gunnar Nelson: "I think if Conor takes his time and breaks him down, does what he does best, uses his speed a little better and maybe not concentrate on power as much, I think he will walk through Diaz"

Junior dos Santos: "I see Nate winning again. Nate can take punches and he’s got good stamina which is going to put a lot of pressure on Conor McGregor."

Michael Chiesa: "Diaz all day! I don’t think Conor wants this fight as much as he says he does and I think Nate Stockton Slaps his way to a win."

Luke Rockhold: "Thinking Diaz will wear him down in the later rounds. He’ll use his reach and pepper him up."

Chael Sonnen: "Diaz. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting a different result. This match just happened, in the same weight, with the sane guys, in the same amount of rounds, under the same rules. Expecting a different outcome would, by definition, be insane."

Carlos Condit: "I think that Conor McGregor has the skills to beat Nate Diaz. He was doing really well in the first fight, but how many times have we seen a guy go out and try to run through one of the Diaz brothers, get super tired, gas out and then get finished? It happens quite a bit. They’re really tough guys to fight. If Conor fights smart, sticks to a gameplan and picks Nate apart, piece by piece, he can win. If he goes in there and fights like he did before, I think he’s going to lose again. I think I’m going to go with Nate again for the win."

Tim Kennedy: Diaz via submission

Rick Story: Diaz via submission

Ian McCall: "209 all day! If you look at it from a smart person's perspective and not all the media nonsense, Nate's bigger, Nate's better in a lot of certain things -- I mean Conor's ground isn't anywhere near as good as Nate's. Conor's wrestling isn't near as good as Nate's. Conor has the death touch in those hands, but we found out that you can't hurt Nate. Sorry buddy. I don't see it working well for him. I think he's going to get finished again."

Cub Swanson: "I've got to say Nate again. He's going to have a full training camp. Conor is going to make some adjustments, he's an intelligent fighter. But, we'll see."

Matt Brown: "I've got Diaz."

Jorge Masvidal: "I'm putting my money on Nate Diaz, man."

Jake Ellenberger: "I don't see that fight going any differently. If I'm Conor McGregor, I'd let that fight go. Don't let your ego get in the way, bro. Again, he's fighting outside of his weight class, which is admirable and everyone looks up to that, but I don't see how he beats Nate Diaz."

(other fighter predictions here (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/19/12550790/ufc-202-mcgregor-vs-diaz-2-fighter-predictions-38-out-of-40-pros-pick))

Fighters Picking Diaz: 37

Fighters Picking McGregor: 4

knickballer
08-19-2016, 09:29 PM
What channel will this be on?

christian1923
08-19-2016, 11:40 PM
PPV

Nastradamus
08-20-2016, 12:15 AM
I think people forget how many fighters Diaz has lost to that are A LOT worse than Mcgregor. He got a Mcgregor who wasn't ready for the weight and took advantage. Bet your house on Connor this time.

Patrick Chewing
08-20-2016, 12:50 AM

LOL

masonanddixon
08-20-2016, 05:27 AM
UFC/MMA is gay.

oh the horror
08-20-2016, 05:44 AM
I think people forget how many fighters Diaz has lost to that are A LOT worse than Mcgregor. He got a Mcgregor who wasn't ready for the weight and took advantage. Bet your house on Connor this time.

And Diaz was ready the last time?

nathanjizzle
08-20-2016, 07:10 AM
guys, i was rewatching mcgregor and diaz 1. connor was breaking down nate diaz all the way to mid second round until nate got connor with a right hook that stunned him pretty badly. im going with mcgregor.

Doomsday Dallas
08-20-2016, 07:29 AM
guys, i was rewatching mcgregor and diaz 1. connor was breaking down nate diaz all the way to mid second round until nate got connor with a right hook that stunned him pretty badly. im going with mcgregor.

I've seen that fight many times...

It was not easy for Diaz to win... Not easy at all.

Dude knows how to take a punch better than anybody.

It was almost as if the amount of blood dripping from his
face worked to his advantage because it poured all over
McGregor. I know if I was fighting somebody I wouldn't
want their blood all over me like that. Looked like something
out of Fight Club.

(and yea... I still see Diaz as the underdog just like last time)

Wally450
08-20-2016, 11:32 AM
I think Diaz is gonna take everything Conor gives him again. Look at this damn face after the 1st fight. :eek:

Diaz will start slow then take the fight to his own pace, slowly breaking down McGregor. Can see it going to decision honestly.

Should be a great fight though, want to see what Conor can do training for a full camp at this weight, as well as Nate with a full camp.

Nastradamus
08-20-2016, 05:17 PM
And Diaz was ready the last time?

Nope, neither fighter was ready, but Diaz was more accustomed to the weight. Not making excuses, Connor lost and it was all fair and everything, but Connor will eviscerate him tonight. Nate's best hope is suriviving 5 rounds and losing on decision

nathanjizzle
08-20-2016, 05:23 PM
nate has been fighting in that weight class for what 15 years? being alittle out of shape isnt going to have as much of an impact as fighting out of your own natural weight class for the first time. given that, conor was still wooping nates ass for the first and half rounds. that says alot. If it goes to the cards, its connors fight. if there is a tapout or knockout then most likely by nate. i would say 70 percent decision for conor, 15 percent knockout or tapout for nate, 5 percent knockout or tap for connor. and a 10 percent decision for nate.

Smoke117
08-20-2016, 05:27 PM
I want Diaz to win...but I think Conor is going to.

gigantes
08-20-2016, 06:50 PM
nate looking huge compared to last time:
http://imgur.com/W9gzXhG

Nastradamus
08-20-2016, 07:02 PM
nate has been fighting in that weight class for what 15 years? being alittle out of shape isnt going to have as much of an impact as fighting out of your own natural weight class for the first time. given that, conor was still wooping nates ass for the first and half rounds. that says alot. If it goes to the cards, its connors fight. if there is a tapout or knockout then most likely by nate. i would say 70 percent decision for conor, 15 percent knockout or tapout for nate, 5 percent knockout or tap for connor. and a 10 percent decision for nate.

To be fair, Diaz has been at 155 for a while now

IGOTGAME
08-20-2016, 07:54 PM
just got this for 8 bucks on 247hd.tv...quality is decent

andgar923
08-20-2016, 08:08 PM
Conor is a fake tough guy, Nate is the real deal.

Conor tries to be tough which is why he has a loud mouth, Nate is just Nate.. I don't think he knows what he's gonna say or do, nothing is planned like Conor.

That's not to take away from Conor's fighting just an observation on who they are as people.

bdreason
08-20-2016, 08:23 PM
Diaz R4 submission.

gigantes
08-20-2016, 08:34 PM

Conor tries to be tough which is why he has a loud mouth, Nate is just Nate.. I don't think he knows what he's gonna say or do, nothing is planned like Conor.

That's not to take away from Conor's fighting just an observation on who they are as people.
IIRC conor grew up poor in dublin and started training futbol and fighting as a child, so i'm sure he's plenty tough.

but i do agree that most of his schtick is just showmanship designed to make money / attention and to disrupt his opponents, and that the diaz bros are another level meaner and tougher than him.

andgar923
08-20-2016, 08:38 PM
IIRC conor grew up poor in dublin and started training futbol and fighting as a child, so i'm sure he's plenty tough.

but i do agree that most of his schtick is just showmanship designed to make money / attention and to disrupt his opponents, and that the diaz bros are another level meaner and tougher than him.

I grew up in a bad area too, but Ill be real... I aiint no punk but Im not as hard as some other dudes, and I think that's where he fits in. He aint no punk, I don't think most fighters are punks, but some are just really tough to the core.

gigantes
08-20-2016, 08:50 PM
I grew up in a bad area too, but Ill be real... I aiint no punk but Im not as hard as some other dudes, and I think that's where he fits in. He aint no punk, I don't think most fighters are punks, but some are just really tough to the core.
funny how we all have different definitions in life. "punk" to me is someone who starts shit for no reason, whether they're tough or not.

war machine and mayhem miller would be pretty good examples, i'd say.

andgar923
08-20-2016, 08:54 PM
Any links???

bergs14
08-20-2016, 09:10 PM
I'm sifting through here trying to find one
https://www.reddit.com/r/MMAStreams

gigantes
08-20-2016, 09:14 PM
if you want higher quality, i think it's best to use one of the apps.

flash streams which play in browser are usually the worst quality ones.

tpols
08-20-2016, 09:22 PM

conor is a salesman. Nate.. might be legitimately retarded.. but he is tough as hell. Hope to see a good fight.

andgar923
08-20-2016, 09:26 PM
if you want higher quality, i think it's best to use one of the apps.

flash streams which play in browser are usually the worst quality ones.
what kind of apps?

poido123
08-20-2016, 09:37 PM
Diaz gettin that money to make it look a good fight, then will go down round 3. Book it.

This is much an entertainment BUSINESS as it is a fight game.

McGregor is a big drawcard for the UFC, they will want to ride that money train a bit longer.

gigantes
08-20-2016, 09:38 PM
what kind of apps?
sopcast seems to have a good rep (http://www.safelegit.com/check/sopcast.org). there are stream links for it in that reddit thread. i've read that acestreams has malware, so stay away from that one.

i think there other P2P streaming apps, but i haven't used them for a couple years. i actually just use browser streams to watch the fights, and then download higher quality stuff after the event to rewatch.

if you're okay with shit-quality, you can try one of these:
http://www.batmanstream.com/free-live-video-streaming-ufc-202-diaz-mcgregor-ii-other-395628.html

andgar923
08-20-2016, 09:45 PM
sopcast seems to have a good rep (http://www.safelegit.com/check/sopcast.org). there are stream links for it in that reddit thread. i've read that acestreams has malware, so stay away from that one.

i think there other P2P streaming apps, but i haven't used them for a couple years. i actually just use browser streams to watch the fights, and then download higher quality stuff after the event to rewatch.

if you're okay with shit-quality, you can try one of these:
http://www.batmanstream.com/free-live-video-streaming-ufc-202-diaz-mcgregor-ii-other-395628.html
thx :cheers:

Velocirap31
08-20-2016, 10:26 PM
Tim Means is skilled. He's going places I think.

plowking
08-20-2016, 10:49 PM
Diaz gettin that money to make it look a good fight, then will go down round 3. Book it.

This is much an entertainment BUSINESS as it is a fight game.

McGregor is a big drawcard for the UFC, they will want to ride that money train a bit longer.

Way to shit on the hardwork both these guys do. :oldlol:

"If this guy wins, it is rigged" is essentially what you're saying. They will fight and one will win. End of story. Unless one of them goes down with a phantom punch, then it isn't rigged.

raprap
08-20-2016, 10:57 PM
That korean guy had height and reach advantage and wanted to draw against a brawler. What a retard :lol

gigantes
08-20-2016, 11:04 PM
cool... the donald is up!

sirkeelma
08-20-2016, 11:10 PM
Link pls. Thank you!

raprap
08-20-2016, 11:14 PM
Cowboy!

Bobcats2013
08-20-2016, 11:28 PM
this nikka rumble wtf:eek: :eek:

gigantes
08-20-2016, 11:30 PM
wow, that fight lasted for exactly as long as i thought it would.

i think rumble is the only guy with a good chance to merk jones.

KiiiiNG
08-20-2016, 11:32 PM
Give me a link you ****ing morons

bergs14
08-20-2016, 11:33 PM
Dammnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn rumble

enayes
08-20-2016, 11:33 PM
http://live.robinwidget.com/static/freeplayer/395628939401350.html

Bobcats2013
08-20-2016, 11:34 PM
ye there :oldlol:

of corse this is the biggest fight in mma history like every other ppv main event

main event time:applause:

raprap
08-20-2016, 11:35 PM
Mcgregors gonna tap again :applause:

Bobcats2013
08-20-2016, 11:37 PM
they finna hype up a nikka named mickey mouse gal :oldlol:

KiiiiNG
08-20-2016, 11:38 PM
http://live.robinwidget.com/static/freeplayer/395628939401350.html
Thank you bro

enayes
08-20-2016, 11:40 PM
Thank you bro

:cheers:

Bobcats2013
08-20-2016, 11:45 PM
Conor bak comin out to biggie, he bout to take this W :applause:

enayes
08-20-2016, 11:46 PM
Conor comin out to biggie, he bout to take this W :applause:

He always does.

#NOTORIOUS

Bobcats2013
08-20-2016, 11:49 PM
OH SHET Diaz goin with Pac its fire mah nikkas :oldlol:

gigantes
08-20-2016, 11:50 PM
i've never seen so many security guys in the octagon before.

i fear all these irish fans are going to be sorely disappointed tonight.

KiiiiNG
08-20-2016, 11:51 PM
OH SHET Diaz goin with Pac its fire mah nikkas :oldlol:
GOAT entrance

gigantes
08-20-2016, 11:53 PM
oh shit, conor didn't make 170!

he's effectively fighting at 155 again...!!

andgar923
08-20-2016, 11:54 PM
Where's Nick?

bergs14
08-20-2016, 11:54 PM
Decent SD stream
http://www.streamendous.com/channel72.php

Bobcats2013
08-20-2016, 11:57 PM
str8 left is exposin diaz. goin over the top on the jab. settin up wit leg kicks.

conor is no joke fam

Milbuck
08-21-2016, 12:01 AM
Conor's timing is so damn good

gigantes
08-21-2016, 12:01 AM
conor finally fighting nate smartly!!

tpols
08-21-2016, 12:02 AM
mcgregor much more patient this time around.. chopping down instead of just trying to KO..

Bobcats2013
08-21-2016, 12:06 AM
NATE THO! :oldlol: nikka is smellin blood, this is hood shet :bowdown:

what a fight fam

tpols
08-21-2016, 12:07 AM
wow.. diaz just turned it on

bergs14
08-21-2016, 12:08 AM
That was fun

enayes
Diaz looks like a straight scrub and then just goes backyard :oldlol:

He looked done in the 1st fight too, and turned it

This gets my pulse going :lol

1987_Lakers
Things getting interesting.

Milbuck
Nate knows he's just gotta wait it out

Bobcats2013
08-21-2016, 12:12 AM
nate breakin this nikkas will b4 our eyes :oldlol:

Milbuck
08-21-2016, 12:14 AM
Damn Nate

tpols
holy shit lol , either nate has pillow fists or conor has a jaw of steel.. he should be dead.. dam

Velocirap31
What a fight. Mcgregor cannot go long it seems, he needs to catch his breath.

Best UFC fight ever?

1987_Lakers
DAMMNNNN!!! What a fight.

Bobcats2013
08-21-2016, 12:19 AM
Nate is havin a hard time seein

:cry:

brandonislegend
08-21-2016, 12:20 AM
I am stuck at work can't watch the fight, can someone summarize it so far

enayes
08-21-2016, 12:20 AM
awesome fight

connor moving better in round 4

not sure who I'd give it to right now

Milbuck
08-21-2016, 12:21 AM
You think it's over, then it's not. Resilient as f*ck.

Bobcats2013
08-21-2016, 12:26 AM
conor by dec 3-2 but good shet by nate nikka jus got tired

KiiiiNG
Unbelievable fight. Unbelievable rivalry.

Some Dark Knight shit

DCL
nate won this shit but loses by decision

there will be part 3

Milbuck
Nate's a beast, just kept pulling shit out of nowhere

KiiiiNG
08-21-2016, 12:27 AM
Conor reminded me of Floyd Mayweather the way he ducked and ran away. Very calculated fight from him

Dudes the perfect heel

BasedTom
08-21-2016, 12:27 AM
match lived up to the hype

tpols
08-21-2016, 12:28 AM
nate won this shit but loses by decision

there will be part 3

this.. trilogy

Bobcats2013
08-21-2016, 12:28 AM
those r good scores but yall no nikkas is gonna say rigged :oldlol:

Milbuck
08-21-2016, 12:29 AM
Surprise surprise motherf*cker

brandonislegend
Who won? is it over?

andgar923
Bullshit

Diaz won

andgar923
08-21-2016, 12:30 AM
Conor ran away from him

1987_Lakers
Close fight, I have no problem with the judges giving it to McGregor.

You Cant Ban Me
the kang

Bobcats2013
08-21-2016, 12:31 AM
this nikka nate is too real :oldlol:

enayes

Conor dominated first 1-2 rounds with a steady flow of leg kicks and punches. Nate's leg looked like it was hurting and he was knocked down 2-3 times.

Then Nate went on offense in 3rd and Conor looked a little scared, he started to land some punches and Conor was running away a bit.

4th and 5th were pretty even, both fighters throwing punches and getting bunched up on the wall as Nate kept trying for a takedown, didn't get one until the final few seconds.

Conor wins by decision. It was close but I agree with the decision.

Milbuck
Conor deserved that shit.

KiiiiNG
08-21-2016, 12:32 AM
This rivalry is so good. :oldlol:

Perfect personality clash and perfect fighting match-up

L.Kizzle
Lol they obviously want a trilogy.

enayes
Conor reminded me of Floyd Mayweather the way he ducked and ran away. Very calculated fight from him

Dudes the perfect heel

He ran away a bit to catch his breath but he also did the majority of the attacking.

knickballer
08-21-2016, 12:33 AM
Gotta have some respect for Diaz. Dudes a punching bag but he doesn't go down and out tires McGreggor by taking endless shots to the head. Any other human being is concussed and knocked out cold like that previous fighter.

I don't know shit about MMA and I'm not gonna act like I do but I thought the result was fair considering Diaz just wanted to keep McGreggor on the walls where they make out. Fakkits should just get a room in the back if they were that hands on.

oh the horror
08-21-2016, 12:33 AM
Fight could have gone both ways. Those of you that don't know how the ufc benefits from a third fight? I don't know wtf to tell you.

I knew if it was close then they'd give it to Connor for the sake of a 3rd match.

Milbuck
08-21-2016, 12:34 AM
Wtf was Nate talking about with the bad camp and injury and shit?

knickballer
08-21-2016, 12:35 AM
He ran away a bit to catch his breath but he also did the majority of the attacking.

This. McGreggor was the aggressor the whole match while Diaz played the typical Mayweather tactic. Diaz went to floor a few times and starting wabbling his legs so connor doesn't creampie him.

BTW, connor said he broke his leg during the match. Don't believe that for a second.

andgar923

He also ran when he was getting in trouble.

Conor won the first 2 rounds, the rest go to Diaz since he controlled the fight afterwards. Even if Conor got some shots in, Diaz was controlling it and got some good shots. Then the takedown at the end should sway any close judging.

atljonesbro
What a time to be alive. Can't wait for the tears of the McGregor haters :lol :cry:

christian1923
08-21-2016, 12:36 AM
WHAT A WARRIOR!

THE KING IS BACK!!!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

He is one of my favorite athletes ever.

raprap
08-21-2016, 12:36 AM
Diaz should've won but whatever they obviously want a trilogy. Both camps want that.

arkain
08-21-2016, 12:37 AM
Round 1 - Clearly Connor
Round 2 - Most likely Connor
Round 3 - Nate
Round 4 - Even
Round 5 - Nate

Should have been a draw imo, would have been the fairest result.

Not sure why judges are so scared to score rounds as draws. Something very wrong with the judging in the UFC.

andgar923
This. McGreggor was the aggressor the whole match while Diaz played the typical Mayweather tactic. Diaz went to floor a few times and starting wabbling his legs so connor doesn't creampie him.

BTW, connor said he broke his leg during the match. Don't believe that for a second.

LOl what?

Diaz was the aggressor for the most part. Conor was aggressive few instances here and there after the second round but for the vast majority of the time it was Diaz controlling the fight.

Even when Diaz was taking shots to the leg, Diaz didn't run, kept staying in front of him, kept coming at him.

Conor was literally RUNNING AWAY from Diaz, yet he was "aggressor" the whole fight? :rolleyes:

plowking
Lol at people saying Diaz won.

McGregor clearly won 1,2 and 4.

Velocirap31
He also ran when he was getting in trouble.

Conor won the first 2 rounds, the rest go to Diaz since he controlled the fight afterwards. Even if Conor got some shots in, Diaz was controlling it and got some good shots. Then the takedown at the end should sway any close judging.

Diaz doesn't do any damage at all though. Weak volume punches with no stopping power.

atljonesbro
08-21-2016, 12:38 AM
He won rounds 1 2 and 4. He won round 4 at the end when they stood up and he controlled like the last two minutes of the fight

The_Yearning
08-21-2016, 12:38 AM
How many times did Conor knock down Nate?

How many times did Nate knock down Conor?

You folks must not understand how much points are awarded for a knockdown.

Also, Nate was going for the takedown and clinched at every opportunity = signs of a man getting decimated on the feet and exchanges.

The fight at 155 will not even be close. Good luck cutting down from 200lbs Nate.

christian1923
08-21-2016, 12:39 AM
Round 1 - Clearly Connor
Round 3 - Nate
Round 4 - Even
Round 5 - Nate

Not sure why judges are so scared to score rounds as draws. Something very wrong with the judging in the UFC.

4 was not even dude. that was conor's round.

atljonesbro
08-21-2016, 12:40 AM
How many times did Conor knock down Nate?

How many times did Nate knock down Conor?

You folks must not understand how much points are awarded for a knockdown.

Also, Nate was going for the takedown and clinched at every opportunity = signs of a man getting decimated on the feet and exchanges.

The fight at 155 will not even be close. Good luck cutting down from 200lbs Nate.
At 155 Conor is going to destroy him. Not gonna see him get as winded and will be A LOT quicker than Nate.

arkain
08-21-2016, 12:41 AM
4 was not even dude. that was conor's round.

It was even imo, maybe I need to rewatch, but live it looked pretty close to me. Not obviously for either fighter. The rest were easy to judge.

christian1923
08-21-2016, 12:42 AM
best 60 bucks ive spent in a while

tpols
08-21-2016, 12:43 AM
Round 1 - Clearly Connor
Round 3 - Nate
Round 4 - Even
Round 5 - Nate

the league isnt going to settle for a draw when they can just give mcgregor the win and milk a tie breaker winner takes all third match

Milbuck
08-21-2016, 12:43 AM
I got Conor in 4.

Conor is going to wreck him at 155.

And I still want more info on wtf Nate's excuses were about his camp.

$LakerGold
08-21-2016, 12:45 AM

No.

Edit: If it was anything that was Mayweather-esque was that Connor picked his shots carefully.

gigantes
08-21-2016, 12:57 AM
damn, my stream got really choppy for the last contest, but it was obviously an amazing fight.

the fact that conor won basically fighting at 155 while nate fought at 170 is mind-blowing. he might have been giving up 10-15 pounds or more when they met, after nate had rehydrated. just amazing.

conor obviously fought worlds more efficiently, but it was still a close fight and he did spend too much time clinched, where nate's aching lead leg wasn't a liability like it was out in the open. i don't think conor can afford to do that next time. but whatever the point in time was that conor broke his foot against nate's leg check probably led to a lot of that.

very smart of him to insist on 155 next time. that means he'll remain about the same size, but nate will come in smaller.

i don't know what they're going to do about the 145 belt situation. if i was aldo i would be furious about these guys going for a trilogy fight. :facepalm

arkain
08-21-2016, 12:59 AM
Yeah, Connor needs to vacate that belt. Doesn't make sense to hold onto it for more than a year without defending it.

gigantes
08-21-2016, 01:01 AM
Round 1 - Clearly Connor
Round 3 - Nate
Round 4 - Even
Round 5 - Nate

the third judge actually did score one round even, and therefore scored the fight as a draw. i think it's a great thing to do, as well as scoring a round 10-8 sometimes. the idea that someone has to win any particular round is silly.

anyway, the judges reluctance to do this more often is not a problem with the UFC, it's a problem with judging, which probably goes back to boxing.

$LakerGold
08-21-2016, 01:03 AM
I would want a trilogy, just not from a 1-1, let Connor be spoiled and have his 2nd rematch & get f*cked again.

In all seriousness, it was a close fight, Connor fought the perfect fight in the early rounds, but his pace changed, & as his pace changed (due to cardio or momentum) -- his style effectiveness decreased. & with that, I truly believe that Nate won the 5th decisive round.

1 & 4 to Connor.

DCL
08-21-2016, 01:09 AM
the disadvantage for nate in the next fight at a lower weight is that those hits would be felt a lot harder.

nate was eating all those nasty blows, but he was just pointing at mcgregor like "what, dat all u got, son???" mcgregor was landing so many hits, and a few of them probably would had ktfo of everybody else, but nate was just eating them and mocking mcgregor's power.

but those same blows will be felt a lot differently at 155.

nate's chin is pretty fking ridiculous tho.

gigantes
08-21-2016, 01:11 AM
i think one thing you have to give the diaz bros huge credit for no matter what-- their durability is RIDICULOUS and their endurance is INSANE.

if conor had not been able to put a beating on nate's lead leg in the beginning, he probably would have gotten smoked again. it will be interesting to see how nate adjusts for that next time.

blacknapalm
08-21-2016, 01:15 AM
nate bleeds a lot but he has a granite chin. i think conor needs to go with leg kicks. we've seen how little nate checks leg kicks. conor can kill his mobility and limit his range that way. it will open the rest of his game. he can actually win a decision if he does that.

this dude may be GOAT

Segatti
08-21-2016, 01:17 AM
1, 2 and 4 Conor. I don't why people are such crybabies.

bdreason
08-21-2016, 01:21 AM
Great fight. I was pulling for Diaz, but I thought McGregor earned the decision. If Diaz would have turned it on in the 4th, like I thought he would, he could have won. He said he had an injury in training, so maybe that effected his cardio.

Patrick Chewing
08-21-2016, 01:55 AM
4th round is what lost Diaz the fight. He was turning it on towards the end of the 3rd and then went limp and started to leak profusely from his forehead in the 4th.

Great fight nonetheless. Great PPV in general.

EricGordon23
08-21-2016, 02:01 AM
McGregor broke his foot in the fight what a champion

NZStreetBaller
08-21-2016, 02:09 AM
Conor won 1 round easily that is all. Im with diaz. They did not want conor losing hes worth too much. Is there any sport that isnt rigged or biased to what generates the most money anymore??

Why do we accept this crap

fsvr54
08-21-2016, 02:12 AM
Anyone who says Connor clearly won or dominated round 2 is on crack. Diaz ****ed his shit up in the latter part. Conor had a couple of knockdowns but they did little damage at all. It was a close round. I personally thought it should have been a Draw or Diaz win.

gigantes
08-21-2016, 02:26 AM
that's why they advise you never to leave a fight in the hands of the judges, folks.

also, nate had a significant weight advantage over conor, so he really has nothing to complain about.

if they had awarded it to nate, i also would have thought that conor has nothing to complain about-- he gave away certain advantages to nate and that's on him, not anyone else.

TheWinningFam
08-21-2016, 02:30 AM
Watch rigged sports brehs

iamgine
08-21-2016, 02:31 AM
Don't they count the landed punches one by one? It's quite hard to really have equal round that way.

highwhey
08-21-2016, 02:38 AM
Watch rigged sports brehs
props on the new avatar :cheers:

fos
08-21-2016, 02:38 AM
Really good fight and the right decision. Look, Diaz was knocked down 2-3 times and he looked like a human hamburger. McGregor got saved by the bell a lot, but it's not a hypothetical what would have happened if there was more time, you have 5 minutes in a round, thems the rules. Diaz has some chin on him though, Jesus Christ.

gigantes
08-21-2016, 02:48 AM
Don't they count the landed punches one by one? It's quite hard to really have equal round that way.
no. that's beyond the scope of what a judge is really capable of doing... that, plus determining the severity of each blow. there are fightmetrics and compubox services for that stuff.

a judge has to take a variety of factors in to consideration and boil it all down in to a single score for each fighter, per round. it's perfectly reasonable that those scores should sometimes be equal.

NuggetsFan
08-21-2016, 03:02 AM
Conor won 1 round easily that is all. Im with diaz. They did not want conor losing hes worth too much. Is there any sport that isnt rigged or biased to what generates the most money anymore??

Why do we accept this crap

For what it's worth I've watched like 4 UFC fights in my entire life and don't really know anything about the guys fighting in the sport. Outside of the Kimbo Slice spectacle have never really paid attention to it.

As a guy who has zero bias but also knows nothing about the sport :lol I thought that Conor McGregor dude was the clear winner. It was close and exciting but before they announced the winner it was like 100% going to be him in my mind.

Where would this fight rank all-time? Kinda made me want to start watching.

plowking
08-21-2016, 03:39 AM
Conor clearly won, but what was even clearer was that 170lbs is not for him. He can't even make it up to 170lbs. What was he at? 167lbs on the night?

Too much weight and muscle for him to carry around. He is a smaller guy, and getting all that oxygen in, being able to last the distance isn't suitable to his frame. Nate cutting from 205lbs to 170lbs while McGregor is busting his ass to even try and make 170lbs lol...

Smart of Conor to say 155lbs the next time. Diaz has such an advantage at 170lbs and being able to rehydrate. All that leaning against the cage and putting all that weight on Conor. Smart tactics.

plowking
08-21-2016, 03:40 AM
LOl what?

Diaz was the aggressor for the most part. Conor was aggressive few instances here and there after the second round but for the vast majority of the time it was Diaz controlling the fight.

Even when Diaz was taking shots to the leg, Diaz didn't run, kept staying in front of him, kept coming at him.

Conor was literally RUNNING AWAY from Diaz, yet he was "aggressor" the whole fight? :rolleyes:

You want a guy that walks around 35lbs lighter than the other guy to be the aggressor for the whole fight? You prove to be an idiot as usual.

He got him in round 4 too. Live with it. He is a better fighter than Nate.

NZStreetBaller
08-21-2016, 04:04 AM
For what it's worth I've watched like 4 UFC fights in my entire life and don't really know anything about the guys fighting in the sport. Outside of the Kimbo Slice spectacle have never really paid attention to it.

As a guy who has zero bias but also knows nothing about the sport :lol I thought that Conor McGregor dude was the clear winner. It was close and exciting but before they announced the winner it was like 100% going to be him in my mind.

Where would this fight rank all-time? Kinda made me want to start watching.

I guess you being the mainstream fan is the type of person they want to cater to. Even after the fight. All they spoke about was the legs kicks of conor and the knockdowns. It was one damn round ffs

ZMonkey11
08-21-2016, 09:45 AM
1: 10-8 Conor. Diaz was tenderized.
2: 10-9 Conor. Momentum in Diaz's favor.
3: 10-9 Diaz. I thought Nate was going to take the fight at this point.
4: 10-9 Conor. Diaz came out like a chump.
5: 10-9 Diaz because he got the take down at the end. Otherwise, I would have gave the advantage to Conor.

48-46.

This fight was pretty clearly Conor. If you don't want the judges to decide the fight, don't let the judges decide the fight.

iamgine
08-21-2016, 10:12 AM
In the end Nate Diaz got paid big time and about to get paid again when he fight Conor for the third time. Nate Diaz was making $40,000 in his last fight before Conor. Before that...$20,000.

First Conor fight...$500,000.

Second Conor fight...$2,000,000. Plus around $1,000,000 PPV share.

:applause:

christian1923
08-21-2016, 10:39 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wpIP1OsLHyc/maxresdefault.jpgwow what an ass whooping Diaz took

Nastradamus
08-21-2016, 11:19 AM
1: 10-8 Conor. Diaz was tenderized.
2: 10-9 Conor. Momentum in Diaz's favor.
3: 10-9 Diaz. I thought Nate was going to take the fight at this point.
4: 10-9 Conor. Diaz came out like a chump.
5: 10-9 Diaz because he got the take down at the end. Otherwise, I would have gave the advantage to Conor.

48-46.

This fight was pretty clearly Conor. If you don't want the judges to decide the fight, don't let the judges decide the fight.

Exactly. You don't HAVE to give Conor the 10-8 necessarily, but you can and either way he wins. The rounds he won weren't in question.

Nastradamus
08-21-2016, 11:21 AM
In the end Nate Diaz got paid big time and about to get paid again when he fight Conor for the third time. Nate Diaz was making $40,000 in his last fight before Conor. Before that...$20,000.

First Conor fight...$500,000.

Second Conor fight...$2,000,000. Plus around $1,000,000 PPV share.

:applause:

Yah its getting really annoying when people keep saying Conor and Diaz are UFC's 2 biggest stars. DIaz isn't a top 10 star lol, or close

Nastradamus
08-21-2016, 11:23 AM
Anyone who says Connor clearly won or dominated round 2 is on crack. Diaz ****ed his shit up in the latter part. Conor had a couple of knockdowns but they did little damage at all. It was a close round. I personally thought it should have been a Draw or Diaz win.

Conor dominated Diaz for 3 and a half minutes of that round, at least and Diaz dominated(no more so than Conor had earlier in the round) for a minute and a half. That's a clear Conor round. Its called math. Good ****in' lord.

Now, was I concerned that Conor was about to lose the same way as he had in the first fight at that point? Absolutely. That's completely different than scoring though.

plowking
08-21-2016, 11:24 AM
People questioning Conor's gas tank are insane too.

Clearly at 170lbs it will be an issue, but he won't be back at that weight again. His answers in the presser pretty much confirm that. How would Nate's cardio be fighting at 185lbs or even 205lbs. He'd pretty clearly be a lot worse too.

You can't beat science. Going up two weight classes, without the body growing into the weight class, and the muscles not being able to get enough oxygen in, etc, just can't be avoided. 145lbs is best for Conor. He never once looked tired there, or lacking for energy, and he had a 3 round fight there against Holloway. 155lbs should be fine, but then the extra 15lbs for the next weight class is a bit much.

I don't know how Nate cuts down nearly 50lbs to make 155lbs. Because he said he was at 205lbs leading up to the fight. Maybe because the fight was at 170lbs and not 155lbs he got a bit bigger than normal? I can't believe he is cutting 50lbs every time for a fight. Seems excessive.

Nastradamus
08-21-2016, 11:27 AM
the third judge actually did score one round even, and therefore scored the fight as a draw. i think it's a great thing to do, as well as scoring a round 10-8 sometimes. the idea that someone has to win any particular round is silly.

anyway, the judges reluctance to do this more often is not a problem with the UFC, it's a problem with judging, which probably goes back to boxing.

There are no tie rounds. Its a 10 point must system, where you must give one fighter 10 and the other fighter a 9 or less. The only way a round is a draw is with point deductions. None happened in this fight.

The fight was a draw because Mcgregor got a 10-8 round in round 1 and they gave Diaz 3 rounds.

Nastradamus
08-21-2016, 11:29 AM
People questioning Conor's gas tank are insane too.

Clearly at 170lbs it will be an issue, but he won't be back at that weight again. His answers in the presser pretty much confirm that. How would Nate's cardio be fighting at 185lbs or even 205lbs. He'd pretty clearly be a lot worse too.

You can't beat science. Going up two weight classes, without the body growing into the weight class, and the muscles not being able to get enough oxygen in, etc, just can't be avoided. 145lbs is best for Conor. He never once looked tired there, or lacking for energy, and he had a 3 round fight there against Holloway. 155lbs should be fine, but then the extra 15lbs for the next weight class is a bit much.

I don't know how Nate cuts down nearly 50lbs to make 155lbs. Because he said he was at 205lbs leading up to the fight. Maybe because the fight was at 170lbs and not 155lbs he got a bit bigger than normal? I can't believe he is cutting 50lbs every time for a fight. Seems excessive.

Mcgregor has talked about how hard it is to cut weight to 145. I'm not sure its healthy for him any more. I could see him defending his title one more time and giving Aldo another crack. He'll dominate 155 though. Alvarez and Dos Anjos have no shot.

plowking
08-21-2016, 11:31 AM
Mcgregor has talked about how hard it is to cut weight to 145. I'm not sure its healthy for him any more. I could see him defending his title one more time and giving Aldo another crack. He'll dominate 155 though. Alvarez and Dos Anjos have no shot.

Unless he cracks Khabib with a good shot early, I don't know if he beats him.

I would pick him over the two you mentioned though.

Nastradamus
08-21-2016, 11:33 AM
Unless he cracks Khabib with a good shot early, I don't know if he beats him.

I would pick him over the two you mentioned though.

Yah I forgot him for a second. That's a very tough fight. Khabib is a monster and a tough style matchup. He may well crack him early though.

gigantes
08-21-2016, 12:30 PM
There are no tie rounds. Its a 10 point must system, where you must give one fighter 10 and the other fighter a 9 or less. The only way a round is a draw is with point deductions. None happened in this fight.

The fight was a draw because Mcgregor got a 10-8 round in round 1 and they gave Diaz 3 rounds.

nope, sorry...

Judging criteria

The ten-point must system is used for all fights. Three judges score each round with ten points to the winner and nine points or fewer to the other fighter. In New Jersey, the fewest points a fighter can receive is 7.[2] If the round is even, both fighters receive ten points. Penalty points (usually one point for each offence, occasionally two points) decided by the referee are deducted from each judge's score for that round for the offending fighter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_martial_arts_rules#Judging_criteria

stalkerforlife
08-21-2016, 02:34 PM
Conor won the fight, but in no way, shape, or form was I ever afraid for Diaz; however, I was afraid for Conor.

When Conor knocked Diaz down, I knew he wouldn't pounce because Diaz would even have an advantage on his back; Diaz is just too big and too strong for Conor to bully.

If the only way to end a fight was to be knocked out or tapped, Diaz would win.

Nastradamus
08-22-2016, 11:38 AM
nope, sorry...

My apologies, I've never seen a tie round before. EIther way, its not what happened still. Diaz got the 10-8 in round 3 though(which is retarded of course).

All 3 judges gave 1,2 and 4 to Mcgregor

Smoke117
08-22-2016, 12:44 PM
Conor better ****ing defend his title or give it up before any 3rd fight happens...this is becoming bullshit. He also has the most pathetic gas tank I've ever seen for a top tier fighter...the ****er was gassed by the end of the 2nd round. :facepalm

gigantes
08-22-2016, 01:48 PM
My apologies, I've never seen a tie round before. EIther way, its not what happened still. Diaz got the 10-8 in round 3 though(which is retarded of course).

All 3 judges gave 1,2 and 4 to Mcgregor
no probs. it's true tho, what you said. it just happens rarely.

anyone putting down conor for fighting at 155 against a guy at 170-- you're pretty much the definition of people that things need to be explained to them.

Charlie Sheen
08-22-2016, 02:01 PM
The weight thing is unnecessarily confusing tho. The severe cutting of weight that MMA fighters engage in really muddies things up. To the average fan it washes away any significance of having weight classes.

Godzuki
08-22-2016, 04:08 PM
i fukkin knew connor could beat him :pimp:

u could see how he dominated the striking in the first fight and lost mostly to gassing.

i was saying exactly that while the low Iq's with no observation skills were laffing like i was nuts.

i swear i cant tell if i'm actually a genius or most people are just retards :pimp:

plowking
08-22-2016, 08:20 PM
Conor better ****ing defend his title or give it up before any 3rd fight happens...this is becoming bullshit. He also has the most pathetic gas tank I've ever seen for a top tier fighter...the ****er was gassed by the end of the 2nd round. :facepalm

He was quite literally fighting at the heaviest weight possible for him. He couldn't make the weight limit due to being underweight...
How do you not understand that and its impact on your cardio?

Not once did he gas at 145lbs. Largely due to the fact he isn't carrying that much weight and obviously doesn't need all that oxygen to the muscles. He can go for days at 145lbs.

Smoke117
08-23-2016, 04:37 AM
He was quite literally fighting at the heaviest weight possible for him. He couldn't make the weight limit due to being underweight...

Not once did he gas at 145lbs. Largely due to the fact he isn't carrying that much weight and obviously doesn't need all that oxygen to the muscles. He can go for days at 145lbs.

You are legit making excuses for a guy who was ready to go up and fight RDA...a fighter who ****ing beat the shit out of Nate Diaz. You guys legit run your mouthes like Nate is some powerhouse too...neither Diaz brother has ever been known for his power so you can get the **** out of here with that weight nonsense...I admit Conor did outfight Nate BOTH TIMES..in the first two rounds...AND THEN ABRUPTLY GASSED. No top tier fighter has ever had such a pathetic gas tank and that's a damn fact.

gigantes
08-23-2016, 05:05 AM
The weight thing is unnecessarily confusing tho. The severe cutting of weight that MMA fighters engage in really muddies things up. To the average fan it washes away any significance of having weight classes.
what's so confusing about weight-cutting? it's pretty much the same deal with wrestling, boxing and other sports, after all.

i happen to think the 'average fan' does have a basic handle on how weight-cutting works. it's not something they really need to worry about, also. only when someone misses weight or something might it get a little more complicated for the average fan.

plowking
08-23-2016, 07:29 AM
You are legit making excuses for a guy who was ready to go up and fight RDA...a fighter who ****ing beat the shit out of Nate Diaz. You guys legit run your mouthes like Nate is some powerhouse too...neither Diaz brother has ever been known for his power so you can get the **** out of here with that weight nonsense...I admit Conor did outfight Nate BOTH TIMES..in the first two rounds...AND THEN ABRUPTLY GASSED. No top tier fighter has ever had such a pathetic gas tank and that's a damn fact.

You haven't got a clue about fighting you useless gimp. The fact you don't understand how a weight higher for one fighter is a much more difficult task than another is just mind boggling. You literally think all things are held equal when a 6'1 fighter moves up 1 weight division to 170, and another one moves up two weight classes at 5'9 and he can't even make it to 170 ffs.

You're f*cking remedial. Slow. Caveman like. Just plain old dumb.

arkain
08-23-2016, 09:29 AM

Wasn't he fighting at his ideal weight in the first Diaz fight? He gassed big time in that one.

He hasn't really gone long in any of his other fights so not sure how you can definitively say he won't gas at 145. There hasn't been any evidence to support or refute this claim till date.

Nastradamus
08-23-2016, 10:52 AM

170 is a very unnatural weight for him, and he also found a second wind in the championship rounds, which is what's important. Pretty hard to knock him for this and be taken seriously.

Nastradamus
08-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Wasn't he fighting at his ideal weight in the first Diaz fight? He gassed big time in that one.

He hasn't really gone long in any of his other fights so not sure how you can definitively say he won't gas at 145. There hasn't been any evidence to support or refute this claim till date.

No

plowking
08-23-2016, 01:42 PM

No he wasn't. Last time he was supposed to fight at 155lbs, but then RDA was out, and Nate could only make 170lbs so he was at 168lbs again for that fight.

He won't gas at 145lbs because we've seen him go 3 round with Holloway. He was minty fresh. At 170lbs he was gassing after 2 rounds. Big difference.

arkain
08-23-2016, 02:09 PM
No he wasn't. Last time he was supposed to fight at 155lbs, but then RDA was out, and Nate could only make 170lbs so he was at 168lbs again for that fight.

He won't gas at 145lbs because we've seen him go 3 round with Holloway. He was minty fresh. At 170lbs he was gassing after 2 rounds. Big difference.

He cuts like 30-35lbs to make 145. So his first fight with Nate was most likely his ideal fight weight. He just didn't need to cut as much for RDA fight cause it was at 155, but surely his fight weights have always been close to 165-170 lbs anyways. There's reason why he looks like a crackhead when he weighs-in for 145lb fights.
I would understand the gassing argument if he was actually putting on 10-20 lbs of extra muscle, but that's not what's happening. He's just not required to cut 30-35 lbs anymore, he can just weigh-in at his fight weight.

Jose Aldo fight weigh-in vs fight night

http://www.breakingnews.ie/remote/media.central.ie/media/images/m/mcgregordec12_large.jpg
http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.11225428.1450056373!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/display_960/image.jpg

Walks around at 172.
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/athletes-celebrities/ufc-189-star-conor-mcgregor-faces-27-pound-weight-cut

gigantes
08-23-2016, 02:59 PM
Walks around at 172.
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/athletes-celebrities/ufc-189-star-conor-mcgregor-faces-27-pound-weight-cut
thing is, there are different levels of "walking around weight."

there's the weight you walk around at between camps, which can include a variety of factors like flab, extra muscle and reduced aerobic endurance. that's generally the heaviest a fighter weighs during their careers.

then there's the in-camp walking around weight, when you're in optimal condition and weigh about the same that you will on fight night, before you go through the brutal shedding of water and rehydrating process.

so those are two significantly different weights. for some fighters they may be very similar, but for others like johny hendricks, they can be enormously different.

conor has collected four belts now across two divisions in two different orgs. i'm not aware that gassing was ever much of a problem for him. that would suggest that both times against nate, he was fighting over his optimal in-camp weight. also, having to fight a guy so much heavier and longer than you are is obviously going to be taxing. you have to spend more energy quickly covering distance and you have to put more energy in to your shots. that stuff is no joke.....

Charlie Sheen
08-23-2016, 03:32 PM
what's so confusing about weight-cutting? it's pretty much the same deal with wrestling, boxing and other sports, after all.

i happen to think the 'average fan' does have a basic handle on how weight-cutting works. it's not something they really need to worry about, also. only when someone misses weight or something might it get a little more complicated for the average fan.

Maybe confusing was the wrong word?

Heck on the same card even, the size difference between Mike Perry and Lim looked even more pronounced and those guys were in the same weight class. I know there's a huge difference that Diaz didn't have to drain himself to make weight and Lim did. Appearances matter though. Those matchups feel too common and in my eyes leech some of the specialness from what Conor did on Saturday.

gigantes
08-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Maybe confusing was the wrong word?

Heck on the same card even, the size difference between Mike Perry and Lim looked even more pronounced and those guys were in the same weight class. I know there's a huge difference that Diaz didn't have to drain himself to make weight and Lim did. Appearances matter though. Those matchups feel too common and in my eyes leech some of the specialness from what Conor did on Saturday.
okay, that makes sense.

they actually made a rule change recently, i forget if it already started or it takes effect at the end of the year-- that you are only allowed to cut / regain so much weight at one time. that should help both fighters come in to a fight night closer to the official division weight.

beyond that, i don't know that there's much else to be done. guys who are stockier / taller are generally going to have an advantage in rehydrated weight. is it really a big deal tho? every fighter is going to have a bunch of qualities like age, MMA experience, primary discipline, fight camp, natural ability, etc that are going to create differences.

arkain
08-23-2016, 04:40 PM
thing is, there are different levels of "walking around weight."

there's the weight you walk around at between camps, which can include a variety of factors like flab, extra muscle and reduced aerobic endurance. that's generally the heaviest a fighter weighs during their careers.

then there's the in-camp walking around weight, when you're in optimal condition and weigh about the same that you will on fight night, before you go through the brutal shedding of water and rehydrating process.

so those are two significantly different weights. for some fighters they may be very similar, but for others like johny hendricks, they can be enormously different.

conor has collected four belts now across two divisions in two different orgs. i'm not aware that gassing was ever much of a problem for him. that would suggest that both times against nate, he was fighting over his optimal in-camp weight. also, having to fight a guy so much heavier and longer than you are is obviously going to be taxing. you have to spend more energy quickly covering distance and you have to put more energy in to your shots. that stuff is no joke.....

Well I meant walk-around weights as in optimal fighting condition. The link I posted was 8 days before a fight. I pretty sure Conor's fight weight has always been 165-170 lbs, so I def don't agree that he gassed cause he put on more weight because I don't think he actually did put on more weight. If anything, his gas tank should be better considering he wouldn't have had to put himself through a grueling 30lb cut and can just walk straight from the camp to the fight.

gigantes
08-23-2016, 04:55 PM
Well I meant walk-around weights as in optimal fighting condition. The link I posted was 8 days before a fight. I pretty sure Conor's fight weight has always been 165-170 lbs, so I def don't agree that he gassed cause he put on more weight because I don't think he actually did put on more weight. If anything, his gas tank should be better considering he wouldn't have had to put himself through a grueling 30lb cut and can just walk straight from the camp to the fight.
you're not wrong, but it's possible that there's more involved than meets the eye.

like i said, he doesn't have a history of gassing at 145 and 155 with the weight cut. it seems like it should be easier on his endurance by skipping weight cut, and yet it wasn't.

and don't forget what i said about about the extra energy required to fight nate. daniel cormier is an example of a guy who doesn't seem to tire ordinarily, yet fighting the much taller jones (6'4") and gusty (6'5"), he was visibly exhausted both times.

arkain
08-23-2016, 05:28 PM
you're not wrong, but it's possible that there's more involved than meets the eye.

like i said, he doesn't have a history of gassing at 145 and 155 with the weight cut. it seems like it should be easier on his endurance by skipping weight cut, and yet it wasn't.

and don't forget what i said about about the extra energy required to fight nate. daniel cormier is an example of a guy who doesn't seem to tire ordinarily, yet fighting the much taller jones (6'4") and gusty (6'5"), he was visibly exhausted both times.

Yeah, your last paragraph is probably the most logical explanation. Def wouldn't be easy fighting a guy like Nate. Tall, always advancing, moving and usually throwing a lot himself as well.

Smoke117
08-29-2016, 01:22 AM
You haven't got a clue about fighting you useless gimp. The fact you don't understand how a weight higher for one fighter is a much more difficult task than another is just mind boggling. You literally think all things are held equal when a 6'1 fighter moves up 1 weight division to 170, and another one moves up two weight classes at 5'9 and he can't even make it to 170 ffs.

You're f*cking remedial. Slow. Caveman like. Just plain old dumb.

Well listen to to you cupcake...you come up with all this rhetoric by yourself? I'm impressed.

gigantes
08-29-2016, 02:47 AM
Well listen to to you cupcake...you come up with all this rhetoric by yourself? I'm impressed.
TBH, a bunch of us stayed up all night working on that response. it was pretty much a tossup as to credit, but someone had to be the man.

good job as usual, Smoke117.

Smoke117
08-29-2016, 06:15 AM
TBH, a bunch of us stayed up all night working on that response. it was pretty much a tossup as to credit, but someone had to be the man.

good job as usual, Smoke117.

See now this is the kind of sarcasm I can respect.

Milbuck
08-29-2016, 04:00 PM
You don't know shit about fighting. No argument whatsoever, hence this weak ass post :oldlol:

At this point you might as well fly to Australia and let him take a dump right on your face. Literally every back and forth with you two is just him ripping you to shreds :oldlol:

Smoke117
08-29-2016, 05:33 PM
You don't know shit about fighting. No argument whatsoever, hence this weak ass post :oldlol:

At this point you might as well fly to Australia and let him take a dump right on your face. Literally every back and forth with you two is just him ripping you to shreds :oldlol:

What the **** is wrong with you? Following some man around all over his nuts...jesus christ, I'm not going to **** you, okay?

Also while I'm here...I've drank away more knowledge of basketball and MMA than you will ever have, you ****ing child.

Milbuck
08-29-2016, 06:54 PM
What the **** is wrong with you? Following some man around all over his nuts...jesus christ, I'm not going to **** you, okay?

Also while I'm here...I've drank away more knowledge of basketball and MMA than you will ever have, you ****ing child.
No, you really haven't. You don't know jack shit about fighting. Being an old alcoholic loser doesn't give you more knowledge on anything besides being an old alcoholic loser. The fact that you can't grasp that moving up weight classes will impact your cardio proves you don't have the slightest clue what the hell you're talking about.

And your basketball knowledge is even shittier than your fighting knowledge. You're a failure in every respect dude.

Smoke117
08-29-2016, 06:57 PM
No, you really haven't. You don't know jack shit about fighting. Being an old alcoholic loser doesn't give you more knowledge on anything besides being an old alcoholic loser. The fact that you can't grasp that moving up weight classes will impact your cardio proves you don't have the slightest clue what the hell you're talking about.

And your basketball knowledge is even shittier than your fighting knowledge. You're a failure in every respect dude.

32 is old now...hum...i'm not up with the times.

I fail at everything...but getting your goat it seems. *kiss*

Regardless of all that...you should never GAS OUT IN THE ****ING 2ND ROUND if you are a world class fighter, period. Conor gassed out by the end of the 2nd round...in a five round fight. If you think that's okay then you're a bigger dipshit than I already thought.

Milbuck
08-29-2016, 07:06 PM
32 is old now...hum...i'm not up with the times.

I fail at everything...but getting your goat it seems. *kiss*

Regardless of all that...you should never GAS OUT IN THE ****ING 2ND ROUND if you are a world class fighter, period. Conor gassed out by the end of the 2nd round...in a five round fight. If you think that's okay then you're a bigger dipshit than I already thought.You are so f*cking mad right now :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Conor won bro. It's over. It's done. You can be as mad as you want but the reality is even going up weight classes he had it in him to catch his second wind in the fourth and get it done.

Smoke117
08-29-2016, 07:08 PM
You are so f*cking mad right now :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Conor won bro. It's over. It's done. You can be as mad as you want but the reality is even going up weight classes he had it in him to catch his second wind in the fourth and get it done.

lol why would I be mad? I bet on conor you ****ing clown...doesn't change the fact that he's by far the most overrated fighter in MMA right now...a guy who hasn't even defended his title and is afraid of the rematch with Aldo.

AND AGAIN...you guys act like Nate Diaz is some top tier fighter...he's basically a gate keeper at ANY DIVISION. Conor was going to go up and fight RDA (who would have brutally sodomized him) at lightweight, but fighting Nate Diaz...a natural lightweight...is too much? LOL.

gigantes
08-29-2016, 07:30 PM
...you should never GAS OUT IN THE ****ING 2ND ROUND if you are a world class fighter, period.
shoulda-woulda-coulda. plenty of top fighters gas out pretty fast. pettis just did it on saturday.

you'll also notice that conor in fact limited any damage done to him during that time, then caught his second wind and won the 4th when nate himself gassed for awhile.

Smoke117
08-29-2016, 08:14 PM
shoulda-woulda-coulda. plenty of top fighters gas out pretty fast. pettis just did it on saturday.

you'll also notice that conor in fact limited any damage done to him during that time, then caught his second wind and won the 4th when nate himself gassed for awhile.

Well...yeah...it's easy to avoid damage when you are running away like a bitch:

Don't be scared homie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZfNulnPlUg)

iamgine
08-29-2016, 08:39 PM
Conor's kicks are crucial for his win. By the end of the fight Nate tried to lift Conor but couldn't because his leg doesn't have the strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uMfD9WKZoM

ffs that's 40+ leg kicks...at least 35 landed clean.

Smoke117
08-29-2016, 08:43 PM
Conor's kicks are crucial for his win. By the end of the fight Nate tried to lift Conor but couldn't because his leg doesn't have the strength.

ffs that's 40+ leg kicks...at least 35 landed clean.

I was impressed by how little they seemed to affect Nate... they looked brutal and early on they seemed to be doing damage...but as Conor gassed he stopped throwing them and Adrenaline took over for Nate and it didn't matter how damaged his leg was seemingly.

gigantes
08-29-2016, 08:48 PM

considering that nate was never able to do anything with those short 'opportunities', looks like it worked. :cheers:

meanwhile, which was the guy with the busted up face and leg...?

iamgine
08-29-2016, 08:53 PM
I was impressed by how little they seemed to affect Nate... they looked brutal and early on they seemed to be doing damage...but as Conor gassed he stopped throwing them and Adrenaline took over for Nate and it didn't matter how damaged his leg was seemingly.
He was dragging his right foot by mid fight. He tried not to show it but I imagine it affect him in certain areas like lifting and moving around.

Smoke117
08-29-2016, 09:32 PM
He was dragging his right foot by mid fight. He tried not to show it but I imagine it affect him in certain areas like lifting and moving around.

Natural Boxers are heavy on their lead foot anyway...it frankly didn't affect him that much as it numbed up.

Milbuck
08-29-2016, 10:35 PM

Excuses excuses excuses :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

For a guy with a weak gas tank, Conor lasted the whole way and got the job done. Stay mad bud. :yaohappy:

iamgine
08-29-2016, 10:49 PM
Natural Boxers are heavy on their lead foot anyway...it frankly didn't affect him that much as it numbed up.

ffs that's 40+ leg kicks...at least 35 landed clean. Anyone would be affected.

gigantes
08-29-2016, 11:21 PM

ffs that's 40+ leg kicks...at least 35 landed clean. Anyone would be affected.
i know it's easily said by someone on the sidelines, but if conor had spent more time circling to the left (outside) of nate's lead leg, that would have worked beautifully in combination with the hurting he put on it. he probably could have avoided more of those clinches along the fence, where nate was able to use conor as a temporary crutch, and tended to get the better of him there. i thought that was pretty much conor's biggest mistake in this fight.

if they rematch this at 155 then nate's gotta change something up. conor will be almost exactly the same size, while nate's going to come in much lighter. even as durable as he his, no way his leg withstands another beating like that without the extra strength and cushioning.