PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Lochte and others fabricated the story, according to ABC.

lakers_forever
08-18-2016, 10:26 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-ryan-lochte-u-s-swimmers-fabricated-armed-robbery-story-140805637.html?nhp=1

Hawker
08-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Doesnt matter, won gold medals.

I know you are
08-18-2016, 10:32 AM
I want to see the video. For a while, there was concern that Brazil was trying to make things up to reduce the criticism they are receiving, but if there is actual video, that changes everything.

lakers_forever
08-18-2016, 10:44 AM
EXCLUSIVE Ryan Lochte's 'robbery' lie revealed: Drunk star and Team USA swimmer friends DESTROYED a gas station bathroom and security guard pulled a gun demanding they pay for damage

:lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3747084/Smile-camera-Grinning-Ryan-Lochte-poses-fan-photo-American-soil-three-teammates-detained-Brazil-questioning-swimmer-changes-robbery-story.html

I know you are
08-18-2016, 10:48 AM
EXCLUSIVE Ryan Lochte's 'robbery' lie revealed: Drunk star and Team USA swimmer friends DESTROYED a gas station bathroom and security guard pulled a gun demanding they pay for damage

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3747084/Smile-camera-Grinning-Ryan-Lochte-poses-fan-photo-American-soil-three-teammates-detained-Brazil-questioning-swimmer-changes-robbery-story.html
I was hoping in all that would be the video.

lakers_forever
08-18-2016, 10:49 AM
I was hoping in all that would be the video.

There will be a press conference later today... There's a video.

I know you are
08-18-2016, 10:56 AM
Did they say they are releasing the video during the press conference?

lakers_forever
08-18-2016, 10:58 AM
Did they say they are releasing the video during the press conference?

They claimed that they will "demonstrate the information" during the press. So I guess that they will release it.

Preview of the Gas Station CCTV:

http://i.makeagif.com/media/2-10-2014/bIK3dS.gif

I know you are
08-18-2016, 11:03 AM
In the link you posted, the video was apparently given to DailyMail Online.com, but the manager of the website denied that Lochte or any of the other swimmers are in the video.

Patrick Chewing
08-18-2016, 11:27 AM
Take their medals away. Buncha Hillary voters probably.

DCL
08-18-2016, 12:01 PM
ryan lochte is 32.

this is pretty fking embarrassing.

~primetime~
08-18-2016, 12:40 PM
Doesn't look like anything legal will happen to Lochte, he is in the US and all he did was vandalism.

It does look like he will lose his endorsements over this though, shit load of money, he had four major endorsements.

lakers_forever
08-18-2016, 12:48 PM
UPDATE: Ryan Lochte's teammates told police that robbery story had been fabricated by Lochte.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/766312634459258880

Long Duck Dong
08-18-2016, 01:10 PM
He looks like a conceded douche. I say send him back to Brazil to face his punishment like a man.

I know you are
08-18-2016, 01:38 PM
UPDATE: Ryan Lochte's teammates told police that robbery story had been fabricated by Lochte.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/766312634459258880
Probably wise knowing that Lochte already is home free.

Velocirap31
08-18-2016, 01:46 PM
It's not like Brazil comes away looking any better from this. They're still a 3rd world shit hole with a failure of an Olympics.

dazzer87
08-18-2016, 01:49 PM
Lochte does seem like a douche. frat boys

rufuspaul
08-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Lochte does seem like a douche. frat boys

Yup. He's been living in Charlotte since the last Summer olympics and everyone I know who's come in contact with him says he's a real dick. He said he's gonna move to California. Good riddance.

Sarcastic
08-18-2016, 02:00 PM
Tonya Harding >>> Ryan Locate

Weak era for Olympic controversies.

I know you are
08-18-2016, 02:40 PM
Tonya Harding >>> Ryan Locate

Weak era for Olympic controversies.

Levity
08-18-2016, 02:49 PM
[quote]they got down on the ground. I refused. I was like,

sd3035
08-18-2016, 03:03 PM
The Brazilians are actually telling the truth here :lol

Despicable behavior by those dumb americans

dazzer87
08-18-2016, 03:15 PM
this douche is now saying that the Brazilians have edited the video at the gas station.........:roll: :facepalm

this is a perfect example why Americans are dislike outside of the US...... :facepalm

warriorfan
08-18-2016, 03:19 PM
Getting overshadowed by Michael Phelps again? Make up a story about you getting robbed at gunpoint! :lol

warriorfan
08-18-2016, 03:21 PM
It's not like Brazil comes away looking any better from this. They're still a 3rd world shit hole with a failure of an Olympics.
Don't change the subject, white people are the GOAT liars, that is what's going on here

NumberSix
08-18-2016, 03:52 PM
Meh. From the video, it does look like someone tried to rob them.

dazzer87
08-18-2016, 04:03 PM
So the story goes......Arrogant douche bags used a restroom at a gas station and then destroy the restroom door.

Worker at the gas station demand they pay for the damage door which these ******* do.....These assholes then decided to comes up with a fake story about getting robbed (Payback).....

Sarcastic
08-18-2016, 04:13 PM

What, are you saying that you believe them even after they admitted they lied?

I know you are
08-18-2016, 04:23 PM
They may have admitted to the lie in order to get out of the situation.

NumberSix
08-18-2016, 04:49 PM
I know they vandalized the store, but on the video it does look like somebody did hold them and gunpoint and possibly demanded money. Maybe in Brazil's legal system that isn't robbery, but from an American perspective, it is.

Think of it like this. If a guy bumps into your car, you can't pull out a gun and demand that he empty out his wallet to pay for the damage. The guy might legally be responsible for paying for the damage, but that's still a robbery.

On the video, it looks like they really didn't get robbed.

warriorfan
08-18-2016, 05:56 PM
I know they vandalized the store, but on the video it does look like somebody did hold them and gunpoint and possibly demanded money. Maybe in Brazil's legal system that isn't robbery, but from an American perspective, it is.

Think of it like this. If a guy bumps into your car, you can't pull out a gun and demand that he empty out his wallet to pay for the damage. The guy might legally be responsible for paying for the damage, but that's still a robbery.

[SIZE="3"][I]

InsanityKills
08-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Lochte is telling the truth.

bdreason
08-18-2016, 06:54 PM
These guys may have been drunk douchebags, and broke the door... but that doesn't mean you can pull a gun on them and demand they empty their wallets. It sounds to me like these guys were essentially robbed at gunpoint, but lied about the details to make themselves look better.

Also, the police are claiming the swimmers filed a false report, but as far as I know, they didn't go to the police. They told family and friends, the media reported it, and the police decided to investigate on their own.

Facepalm
08-18-2016, 09:23 PM
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/51/11/31/10786409/3/920x920.jpg

Facepalm
08-18-2016, 09:32 PM
Link to the robbery video? Didn't see it in the thread.

Nick Young
08-18-2016, 09:36 PM
who gives a shit about this? I don't. He competed fairly. He won his medals. I don't give two shits about how he behaves in his personal life, that's his business.

BigNBAfan
08-19-2016, 03:35 PM
These guys may have been drunk douchebags, and broke the door... but that doesn't mean you can pull a gun on them and demand they empty their wallets. It sounds to me like these guys were essentially robbed at gunpoint, but lied about the details to make themselves look better.

Also, the police are claiming the swimmers filed a false report, but as far as I know, they didn't go to the police. They told family and friends, the media reported it, and the police decided to investigate on their own.

Umm have you been to Brazil? It's a country that is really self-patrolled because police are completely overwhelmed.

You go onto a private storefront and break something, you pay for it. If you don't, well they take matters into their own hands and do what they need to get money or whatever to fix the damages. It's not like a first world country where you go to court and this and that...

senelcoolidge
08-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Strange how the media is more upset about Lochte lying about something so minor and they excuse Hillary for putting our national security at risk and her constant lying about her corrupt dealings.

lakers_forever
08-19-2016, 04:01 PM
Umm have you been to Brazil? It's a country that is really self-patrolled because police are completely overwhelmed.

You go onto a private storefront and break something, you pay for it. If you don't, well they take matters into their own hands and do what they need to get money or whatever to fix the damages. It's not like a first world country where you go to court and this and that...

:oldlol: Of course you go to court "and this and that". Come on. :oldlol:

macmac
08-19-2016, 07:39 PM

You must have missed the story where a guy killed a hooker in Texas for not sleeping with him and got away with it because he figured it was a robbery.

Nastradamus
08-20-2016, 05:20 PM
so basically Lochte didn't really lie. They weren't in a car, but dudes dressed similar to Cops pointed a gun at them and demanded an exhorbitant amount of money before allowing them to leave. Yeesh.....

masonanddixon
08-21-2016, 04:15 AM
Just imagine if Lochte were black. The media narrative would be about racism still existing in 2016 and the ongoing plight of blacks.

Hawker
08-23-2016, 04:38 PM
Rio police exaggerated story as well. (https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/latest-on-ryan-lochte-rio-police-chief-exaggerated-his-version-of-events-too-141250255.html)

According to this story, the USA players never even went into the bathroom and all they did was piss on the back and tear down an advertisement.

Big deal. And looks like they were legitimately robbed.

Real Men Wear Green
08-23-2016, 04:47 PM
Rio police exaggerated story as well. (https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/latest-on-ryan-lochte-rio-police-chief-exaggerated-his-version-of-events-too-141250255.html)

According to this story, the USA players never even went into the bathroom and all they did was piss on the back and tear down an advertisement.

Big deal. And looks like they were legitimately robbed.So the best case, sympathetic version involves the phrase, "all they did was piss".

lakers_forever
08-23-2016, 04:59 PM

Big deal. And looks like they were legitimately robbed.

:lol Robbed. They paid like 50 bucks, not because they were forced to, but because they did not want any police involved.

"The group of swimmers paid $20 in U.S. dollars and 100 Brazilian Real on the spot for the damage"

http://time.com/4458405/ryan-lochte-rio-robbery-olympics/

Hawker
08-23-2016, 05:26 PM
:lol Robbed. They paid like 50 bucks, not because they were forced to, but because they did not want any police involved.

"The group of swimmers paid $20 in U.S. dollars and 100 Brazilian Real on the spot for the damage"

http://time.com/4458405/ryan-lochte-rio-robbery-olympics/

This is from the translator that was there apparently:

Furthermore, the armed security guards indeed demanded payment from the Americans, per Deluz.

There was no damage apparently either...read the article I posted brah.

Hawker
08-23-2016, 05:27 PM
So the best case, sympathetic version involves the phrase, "all they did was piss".

Yeah, not a big deal.

Real Men Wear Green
08-23-2016, 07:24 PM
Yeah, not a big deal.
He shouldn't go to prison but for the disrespectful frat boy behavior and stupid lie cover-up he deserves all of the backlash.

Hawker
08-23-2016, 07:48 PM
He shouldn't go to prison but for the disrespectful frat boy behavior and stupid lie cover-up he deserves all of the backlash.

Pissing in random places isn't exclusive to frat boys.

He didn't really lie. Just left out details and over-exaggerated.

You're not really outraged dude. Give it a rest with the sanctimonious attitude.

Real Men Wear Green
08-23-2016, 07:57 PM
Pissing in random places isn't exclusive to frat boys. So?

He didn't really lie. Just left out details and over-exaggerated.He said he was robbed at gunpoint and left out the fact that he was a drunken vandal pissing everywhere. He's a liar and an idiot.

You're not really outraged dude. Give it a rest with the sanctimonious attitude.If outrage was required every time I wrote a post I'd have a heart attack. I do hope i have your permission to comment on current events.

Hawker
08-24-2016, 10:00 AM
So?

He said he was robbed at gunpoint and left out the fact that he was a drunken vandal pissing everywhere. He's a liar and an idiot.

If outrage was required every time I wrote a post I'd have a heart attack. I do hope i have your permission to comment on current events.

What he did beforehand isn't relevant to the fact that he was robbed. Security camera footage showed that the swimmers were nowhere near the bathrooms.

So, again he didn't lie.

You're not really mad dude. Stop it.

Snarky Narc
08-24-2016, 10:01 AM
Glad Lochte lost millions in sponsors because of being "robbed" of like $50. :lol

Snarky Narc
08-24-2016, 10:02 AM
What he did beforehand isn't relevant to the fact that he was robbed. Security camera footage showed that the swimmers were nowhere near the bathrooms.

So, again he didn't lie.

You really believe he was robbed after all of this?

Hawker
08-24-2016, 10:08 AM
You really believe he was robbed after all of this?

I'm just going off the newly released facts dude.

Doubts have been cast that they even went into the bathroom based on video footage and a visit to the actual bathroom.

So if they had to pay money for "damage" but no damage was done...what else do you call it?

Again, this is from the translator:

Furthermore, the armed security guards indeed demanded payment from the Americans, per Deluz.

Real Men Wear Green
08-24-2016, 11:35 AM

So, again he didn't lie.

Of course his actions were relevant. if some drunken idiot pisses all over your property you are due reparations. And this particular idiot said they pressed a gun to his head. They should have been near to the bathrooms. Relieve yourself in the right spot and you don't have these problems.

Out_In_Utah
08-24-2016, 11:48 AM
What an A hole.

Hawker
08-24-2016, 11:55 AM
Of course his actions were relevant. if some drunken idiot pisses all over your property you are due reparations. And this particular idiot said they pressed a gun to his head. They should have been near to the bathrooms. Relieve yourself in the right spot and you don't have these problems.

The reason for the guns pointed to their head have not been established. That's pure conjecture. First, it was said it was for damage (there was none). Second, now it's for pissing which hasn't been confirmed? Pissing doesn't cause damage nor demands "reparations." It's not something that is good behavior but not worth the fake outrage by the media and people like yourself. So, you're ok with a security guard pointing a gun to someone's head and threatening their life simply because they pissed where they shouldn't have. Got it.

To Americans going to a foreign country like Brazil, I'm sure it feels like a robbery.

dazzer87
08-24-2016, 01:31 PM
stupid ass douche getting dropped by some of his sponsors now......:roll: :roll: :roll:

Nick Young
08-24-2016, 01:51 PM
You guys raging on Lochte are idiots. Lochte is known as the second greatest swimmer of all time.

If Phelps didn't exist, Lochte would probably be the consensus GOAT.

Phelps got arrested for a DUI.

That is far worse than anything Lochte did.

Lochte may have "lost millions" in sponsorship, but he is set for life if he ever wants a job in the US swimming federation or NCAA swimming.

It will take more than pissing on a building for the swimming community to turn their back on the second greatest swimmer of all time.

I don't know why you Lochte haters are getting your panties so twisted about this. It's not a big deal.

Real Men Wear Green
08-24-2016, 03:25 PM
The reason for the guns pointed to their head have not been established. That's pure conjecture. First, it was said it was for damage (there was none). Second, now it's for pissing which hasn't been confirmed? Pissing doesn't cause damage nor demands "reparations." It's not something that is good behavior but not worth the fake outrage by the media and people like yourself. So, you're ok with a security guard pointing a gun to someone's head and threatening their life simply because they pissed where they shouldn't have. Got it.

To Americans going to a foreign country like Brazil, I'm sure it feels like a robbery.
Don't pee on other people's shit. Last word. Nyah-nyah.

Nick Young
08-24-2016, 03:49 PM
Don't pee on other people's shit. Last word. Nyah-nyah.
Have you ever peed on the side of a building in public?:confusedshrug:

Hawker
08-25-2016, 05:26 PM
Lochte to perform on Dancing with the Stars. Lochte stays winning. (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/2016/08/24/ryan-lochte-dancing-with-the-stars-dwts-cast/89306932/)

http://cdn2.thr.com/sites/default/files/2013/04/Hollywood_Reporter_Reality_Ryan_Lochte_pool_a_h.jp g

bdreason
08-25-2016, 07:07 PM
Have you ever peed on the side of a building in public?:confusedshrug:

In College I once pee'd on a wall inside the bar. It was an outside area that had ivy on the wall, right next to the porta-potties... which were full. Needless to say I got kicked out, but sometimes you just can't hold it anymore.

Facepalm
08-25-2016, 07:33 PM
Wasn't it his mom that initially reported this? He gave the exaggerated his story to his mom, she reported it and the story gained a life of it's own. Bet she wishes she kept her trap shut.