PDA

View Full Version : Mayor of London teams up with Twitter, FB and YT to expand "hate speech" convictions

Long Duck Dong
08-18-2016, 11:21 AM
Only 1200 people in England were convicted of hate speech in England last year, they would greatly like to increase this number. So the mayor has expanded the budget to go after more of the people he deems offensive. It's a maximum 6 month jail term but some people have been given stiffer sentences. Like one British law enforcement official states, we need to go after the "right thinking people".

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/08/16/london-mayor-to-set-up-police-online-hate-crime-hub-in-partnership-with-social-media-firms/

Even if you despise the demographic that they are going after currently, you have to ask yourself, how much longer before they decide what I'm angry about is a criminal act if I decide to voice an opinion

fiddy
08-18-2016, 11:24 AM
Fuсking taliban or any SJW cant tell me what to think.

UK2K
08-18-2016, 11:26 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

More government waste.

[QUOTE]The law criminalises

iamgine
08-18-2016, 11:50 AM
While the idea of jailing people who 'hate' online is appalling, it might yield a good result.

UK2K
08-18-2016, 11:52 AM
While the idea of jailing people who 'hate' online is appalling, it might yield a good result.

So would the idea of jailing anyone who is religious.

Also, your opinion of what constitutes 'hate' is probably a whole lot different than mine. Imagine if Clinton got elected and she decided hate was anything negative about the Democrat party...

Nick Young
08-18-2016, 05:37 PM
The love big brother and hate freedom of speech.

Why XD

step_back
08-18-2016, 05:58 PM
I voted for Brexit because I want to live in a free society. Not just democratically but economically with free speech at it's core.

Nobody has the right to not be offended.

NumberSix
08-18-2016, 06:00 PM
These people never understand that somebody is inevitably going to get into power that has a different idea of which speech is "hateful". Everybody likes authoritarianism when the dictator is enforcing their views. Opinions change when that dictator is gone and the next dictator enforces the other sides views.