PDA

View Full Version : Recent Kobe-Shaq championship team discussion: Whose team was it?

BedroomBully
08-18-2016, 11:06 PM
Accolades that each member won while being teammates during their Championship run go as follows:

Shaq Kobe
Scoring Title ?
League MVP
3 time FMVP

Can someone help me find anything Kobe did better than Shaq while being teammates? Any awards that he won? Your input on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Very respectfully,

Your Bedroom Bully

FreezingTsmoove
08-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Yeah lets see if Shaq can get by the Spurs without Kobe

Oh wait he never in his career did :lol !!!

If they awarded finals MVP in the REAL finals aka the WCF then Kobe would have won 3 straight

2001 he averaged 33/7/7 on 51% against the Spurs in 5 ! :eek:

BedroomBully
08-18-2016, 11:15 PM
Yeah lets see if Shaq can get by the Spurs without Kobe

Oh wait he never in his career did :lol !!!

If they awarded finals MVP in the REAL finals aka the WCF then Kobe would have won 3 straight

2001 he averaged 33/7/7 on 51% against the Spurs in 5 ! :eek:
WTF are you talking about? Someone come get this Curry dick rider out of here! He is embarrassing the Curry/Kobe family

Dray n Klay
08-18-2016, 11:19 PM
WTF are you talking about? Someone come get this Curry dick rider out of here! He is embarrassing the Curry/Kobe family

FreezingTSmoove is my personal lap dog, I must have accidentally taken my leash off him and let him out of his cage :lol

Sorry dude, won't happen again

BedroomBully
08-18-2016, 11:23 PM
FreezingTSmoove is my personal lap dog, I must have accidentally taken my leash off him and let him out of his cage :lol

Sorry dude, won't happen again
Please keep your pets on a leash. They will run around wreck less.

BedroomBully
08-18-2016, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE=InsanityKills]Hey OP an ISH Kobevestite here and I was just wondering if you could take it easy on the Kobe fam. I'm having nightmares of your constant bullying and I can't take it anymore.:cry:

My Kobevestite bros won't admit to these feelings but we all feel this way.

Please bro stop bullying us!
:roll: :roll: :roll:

branslowski
08-18-2016, 11:25 PM

He just gave you facts, but they are facts you don't wanna hear because I know you want the Bron stans to come in here n say he was a role player which is the dumbest sh!t ever. You can tell who actually watchef those Lakers and who didn't easily by some of these dumb answers.

When it came to beating Duncans, KGs, and that high power Kings team with C Webb, Bibby n them boys Kobe was the true competitive monster, straight up unstoppable. I remember when he closed out the Kings with a 45pt 16reb game and then the very next series he opened up vs Prime Duncan n them and had a 40+pt game with 10 boards.. remember it like it was yesterday, but young moronic Bron stans have no recollection of this, you can tell cause they are impressed with Bron droppin 40 vs Hurt Iggy and bumb azz Barnes.

Anyway, when it came to Finals and the comp got weaker (Todd McCullough, Rik Smits, Boney Mutumbo) then the game plan was obvious. Feed Shaq.

FreezingTsmoove
08-18-2016, 11:34 PM

I know its weird to hear the Spurs getting beat in 5 since you are a Lebron fan

Its usually the other way around :lol

Lebron has 5 wins in 16 tries against the Spurs! :lol

BedroomBully
08-18-2016, 11:37 PM
I know its weird to hear the Spurs getting beat in 5 since you are a Lebron fan

Its usually the other way around :lol

Lebron has 5 wins in 16 tries against the Spurs! :lol
Ok, so he had a good series against the Spurs. You want a medal for that? One series does not earn you $hit! I want to see consistency! Again you didn't answer the question. What did he win when they were teammates? I'll wait for your response.

tpols
08-18-2016, 11:39 PM
Shaq, while extremely dominant all around player, had some fatal flaws that could be exploited in the playoffs ..

a) Oneal was prone to hack a shaq which plummeted his teams offensive efficiency and rhythm / flow. This is now a very commonly employed tactic today that has sent many a big man to the bench.
b) due to being a center, it was very hard for Shaq to close games in crunchtime against stacked halfcourt defenses since big men can not control action from the top.
c) Shaq gave inconsistent effort on defense, topping out in his first season with Phil Jackson, and playing well below his capacity almost everywhere else. He was also a liability trying to defend smaller players on the perimeter (this would matter a lot more for today's game).

this is why shaq couldnt win with penny hardaway, and was being swept out of the playoffs by the Jazz whilst having multiple all star guards on his team.. Shaq needed a Kobe Bryant or Dwayne Wade to close the deal for him.. he needed top 5-10 all time guards.. not just all star level, but historically great guards. Wade and Kobe otoh did not need all time great big men to win, but only all star level (Pau, Old shaq) .. this is because they have less holes in their games and can actually close.

branslowski
08-18-2016, 11:42 PM
Ok, so he had a good series against the Spurs. You want a medal for that? One series does not earn you $hit! I want to see consistency! Again you didn't answer the question. What did he win when they were teammates? I'll wait for your response.

Says ONE SERIES DOESN'T EARN YOU SH!T..rides the d!cks of Bron stans calling him the GOAT after that Finals series.:oldlol:

Kobe won 3 Titles, 3 All Stars, 2 All Defensive 1st Teams with Shaq.

branslowski
08-18-2016, 11:44 PM
Shaq, while extremely dominant all around player, had some fatal flaws that could be exploited in the playoffs ..

a) Oneal was prone to hack a shaq which plummeted his teams offensive efficiency and rhythm / flow. This is now a very commonly employed tactic today that has sent many a big man to the bench.
b) due to being a center, it was very hard for Shaq to close games in crunchtime against stacked halfcourt defenses since big men can not control action from the top.
c) Shaq gave inconsistent effort on defense, topping out in his first season with Phil Jackson, and playing well below his capacity almost everywhere else. He was also a liability trying to defend smaller players on the perimeter (this would matter a lot more for today's game).

this is why shaq couldnt win with penny hardaway, and was being swept out of the playoffs by the Jazz whilst having multiple all star guards on his team.. Shaq needed a Kobe Bryant or Dwayne Wade to close the deal for him.. he needed top 5-10 all time guards.. not just all star level, but historically great guards. Wade and Kobe otoh did not need all time great big men to win, but only all star level (Pau, Old shaq) .. this is because they have less holes in their games and can actually close.

:applause: 💯

Dray n Klay
08-18-2016, 11:49 PM
Kobe and Shaq Finals Averages from 2000-2002

Shaq - 35.9 points 15.2 rebounds 59.5% FG

Kobe - 22.0 points 6.1 rebounds 42.5% FG

Kobe was the clear 2nd option/beta/role-player of that team

If people wanna argue Kobe as a legend for winning 3 riding Shaq, then shouldn't Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli be considered Top 10 all-time for winning with Duncan? :confusedshrug:

Doranku
08-18-2016, 11:51 PM
Please keep your pets on a leash. They will run around wreck less.

:oldlol:

Stop posting on ISH and go to school, retard.

FreezingTsmoove
08-18-2016, 11:53 PM

He closed out that overtime game against the Pacers when Shaq fouled out

BedroomBully
08-19-2016, 12:13 AM
:oldlol:

Stop posting on ISH and go to school, retard.
Says the Kobe turd. Why don't you answer my question? Who's team was it?

BedroomBully
08-19-2016, 12:15 AM
He closed out that overtime game against the Pacers when Shaq fouled out
Again, ANSWER THE QUESTION! WHOS TEAM WAS IT? What exactly did Kobe win or achieve while playing with Shaq?

Real14
08-19-2016, 12:28 AM
Kobe without Shaq- 1 season mvp, 2 rings, 3 finals appearances, 2 time finals mvp (all as the man)
Shaq without Kobe- 0 season mvp, 1 ring (cuz of refs and wade), 2 finals appearances, 0 time finals mvp.

iamgine
08-19-2016, 12:36 AM
Shaq was more dominant and the better player.

Kobe was great too.

But it was Phil Jackson's team. From the Bulls, Lakers and now the Knicks, it's all Phil's teams. :pimp:

FreezingTsmoove
08-19-2016, 12:38 AM
Again, ANSWER THE QUESTION! WHOS TEAM WAS IT? What exactly did Kobe win or achieve while playing with Shaq?

Kobes franchise and he won 3 rings with Shaq and two without

Seeing as how Shaq left Kobe it was Kobes team all along

What a guy. Top 5 no debating

Top 5 top 5 top 5

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2016, 09:03 AM
No way to sugarcoat that at all. The man quit on his team, tossed his teammates under the bus, and demanded to be moved to another team. You can make all the excuses you want for it. Bottom line, he quit like a little b.itch. :lol

fiddy
08-19-2016, 09:19 AM
He was obviously frustrated with the management, just like your dad was frustrated with your ugly ass when you were born.

Wally450
08-19-2016, 09:54 AM
He was obviously frustrated with the management, just like your dad was frustrated with your ugly ass when you were born.

Just like LeBron was fed up with Cleveland getting him players like Mo Williams and old ass Shaq as players to try to win a championship with. Had he decided to stay and deal with it, everyone would be saying "Lol, loser doesn't even have a ring in 13 seasons". He made the better decision in leaving.

nathanjizzle
08-19-2016, 09:59 AM
but he stayed and lebron left twice for better situations.

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2016, 10:02 AM
but he stayed and lebron left twice for better situations.

Quitting and demanding a trade is miles worse. And he didn't decide on his own to stay. Buss wouldn't trade him. So he ended up staying anyways. Don't let the facts get in your way of your LeBron hater agenda. :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2016, 10:04 AM

Frustrated or did he quit on his team and demand a trade?

:lol

Real14
08-19-2016, 10:13 AM
Why do you try to defend your weak ass game after a girl demanded to not have sex with you??:confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2016, 10:19 AM
Why do you try to defend your weak ass game after a girl demanded to not have sex with you??:confusedshrug:

Stop typing like subhuman trash.

Clifton
08-19-2016, 11:46 AM
In 2000 it was clearly Shaq's team. By 2002 Kobe had made up a lot of ground, but it was still Shaq's team.

Kobe, being a ballhandler and a shot-creator, was the one more likely to get the ball during the more "memorable" moments of games; but the reality was the offense and the defense revolved around Shaq, and every open Horry 3 or Kobe pullup in rhythm with his defender on skates can be traced back to Shaq's presence.

FreezingTsmoove
08-19-2016, 11:47 AM
He was never going to leave , 0% chance he left

He just wanted to put fear in the Laker organization

It worked out in the end because he won them 2 rings and would have been 4 if not for Stern vetoing the CP3 trade because LeRingless still had not got one :lol

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2016, 11:53 AM
He was never going to leave , 0% chance he left

He just wanted to put fear in the Laker organization

It worked out in the end because he won them 2 rings and would have been 4 if not for Stern vetoing the CP3 trade because LeRingless still had not got one :lol

He quit, tossed his teammates under the bus, and demanded a trade. Those things can't be refuted. As much as you try to sugarcoat them. And Curry stans should literally be the last people on the planet right now talking s.hit. Get back in your hole. f.aggot.

Doranku
08-19-2016, 03:28 PM
LeBron quit in the middle of a playoff series while having a 2-1 lead, and then joined up with the second best player in the world, and top 5 PER Chris Bosh in a terrible conference. :oldlol:

That is MILES worse than anything Kobe did. You really need to quit lying to yourself and pretending otherwise.

GOATbrook
08-19-2016, 03:31 PM
Why did you forget to take your meds OP? You know you need them.

GimmeThat
08-19-2016, 03:42 PM
just similar as the insane amount of plastic surgeries that Adele has had I suppose

Cone
08-19-2016, 03:56 PM
LOL @ Kobetards saying LeBron quit.

Did you forget Kobe vs the Suns? :oldlol: In a game 7! :oldlol: After being up 3-1! :oldlol:

Doranku
08-19-2016, 04:15 PM
LOL @ Kobetards saying LeBron quit.

Did you forget Kobe vs the Suns? :oldlol: In a game 7! :oldlol: After being up 3-1! :oldlol:

Kobe first half against the Suns Game 7: 23 points

LeBron game 4 against Celtics up 2-1: 22 points
LeBron game 5 at home against Celtics tied 2-2: 15 points (3-14 shooting)

LMFAO

Hey Yo
08-19-2016, 04:31 PM
LeBron quit in the middle of a playoff series while having a 2-1 lead, and then joined up with the second best player in the world, and top 5 PER Chris Bosh in a terrible conference. :oldlol:

That is MILES worse than anything Kobe did. You really need to quit lying to yourself and pretending otherwise.
Brian Windhorst, of ESPN.com, wrote about the James' comments following last night's game:

"It was his final home game as a Cav and a game for which many fans accused him of quitting in a blowout loss. James shot just 11-of-35 in the final two games of that series, which the Celtics won in an upset. The mysterious elbow issue became a significant talking point at the time.

"'My last year in Cleveland, I had an elbow injury that lingered throughout the playoffs,' said James, who has often worn on a padded sleeve on the elbow since that injury.

"'I just tried to go out there and give it all you got. It sucks because you know you can play much better. You know you can do things but the injury is not allowing you to do it. It was on my shooting arm, so it was very tough. So I know what he's going through.'"

X-rays and an MRI taken in 2010 showed no obvious structural damage, but James appeared to be playing with pain.

lilandywiggins
08-19-2016, 06:21 PM
If he were a free agent at that time, he wouldn't have even granted the Lakers an interview.

FreezingTsmoove
08-19-2016, 06:55 PM
He quit, tossed his teammates under the bus, and demanded a trade. Those things can't be refuted. As much as you try to sugarcoat them. And Curry stans should literally be the last people on the planet right now talking s.hit. Get back in your hole. f.aggot.

I think *WARRIOR stans have every right to talk shit seeing as how they have 1 ring in 2 years, a 7-6 winning record in the finals against Lebron, and Kevin Durant!

Screamin A Smit
08-19-2016, 07:24 PM
haha man Kobe fans are so silly man

JT123
08-19-2016, 08:15 PM
I love Shaq and all, but must be honest. Until Kobe showed the diesel how to win he was on track to be the Dwight Howard of the 90's aka a joke whom no one respected.
Kobe seriously doesn't get enough credit for turning a career loser in Shaq into an arguable top 30 player all time. :applause:

theaussieguy
08-19-2016, 08:17 PM
yep its the unwritten story, much like Jordan shaped Pippen into a player that complimented his talents perfectly, kobe molded shaq into the dominant bigman he was for optimal use of kobes own talents.

Uchmanmamba24
08-19-2016, 08:18 PM
I love Shaq and all, but must be honest. Until Kobe showed the diesel how to win he was on track to be the Dwight Howard of the 90's aka a joke whom no one respected.
Kobe seriously doesn't get enough credit for turning a career loser in Shaq into an arguable top 30 player all time. :applause:
Dammnnnn bro! you've finally joined the fam!

:no:
Even though you're trolling.
Fcukin F@ggot!

chazzy
08-19-2016, 08:21 PM
cringe

JT123
08-19-2016, 08:45 PM
It's honestly a miracle Kobe didn't demand a trade sooner. After carrying that fat and lazy career loser Shaq to 3 rings he was tired of carrying the entire load and just wanted a little bit of help. :confusedshrug:
When Lebronz had to play with Shaq he ran away the first chance he got :oldlol:

JT123
08-19-2016, 08:53 PM
Lebronz with Shaq = no rings

:lebronamazed:

TheWinningFam
08-19-2016, 08:54 PM
At the end of the day only cowards respect bran :sleeping

Lebronxrings
08-19-2016, 09:10 PM
bran stans can't handle the truth. Engineering degrees>> Liberal arts degree

Round Mound
08-19-2016, 09:11 PM
Kobe owes his legacy to Shaq. Atleast his 1st 3 rings.

Kobe cant win without dominant big men

JT123
08-19-2016, 09:21 PM
For example kobe vs jordan.

kobe's weakness is defense, so you have to compliment him with defensive players like Shaq and Gasol.

Jordans weakness was clutch scoring, so you have to find that kind of player.

Its easy to find role players like Shaq because defense is the easiest aspect of this game. Meanwhile "clutch scoring/making tough shots" is the most difficult to learn so only the best of the best could do it(i.e. curry/kobe) aka superstars. So to build around jordan, you need superstars aka pippen and rodman but you only need Shaq for kobe. For me the better player is the player thats easier to build and since you only need role players for kobe while superstars for jordan then kobe>jordan. And thats the reason why jordan has to go to pippen and rodman to win 6 while kobe only need shaq to win the same.

LostCause
08-19-2016, 09:29 PM
=/ ..............

This is worse than Dray n Klay threads

G0ATbe
08-19-2016, 09:36 PM
Kobe owes his legacy to Shaq. Atleast his 1st 3 rings.

Kobe cant win without dominant big men
Since when is 18/10 with 0 defence dominance? Do you consider Brook Lopez a dominant big man too?:roll:

Kobe won with arguably the worst supporting cast ever. Shaq team hopped to play with the 2 greatest shooting guards of all time, LeBald, and the celtics Big 3.

Lets not forget that this guy was LeBald before LeBald. Colluded to the best contender he could every season trying to catch up to Kobe and still somehow failed miserably despite having superior teammates since his departure.

It's the other way around really.

KissMySwag
08-19-2016, 09:38 PM
Since when was Kobe bad at defense?

:kobe:

insidehoops
08-19-2016, 09:39 PM
easy to find role players like Shaq

defense is the easiest aspect of this game.

:biggums:

Lebronxrings
08-19-2016, 09:42 PM
kobetards. :facepalm

NBAGOAT
08-19-2016, 09:43 PM
Since when is 18/10 with 0 defence dominance? Do you consider Brook Lopez a dominant big man too?:roll:

Kobe won with arguably the worst supporting cast ever. Shaq team hopped to play with the 2 greatest shooting guards of all time, LeBald, and the celtics Big 3.

Lets not forget that this guy was LeBald before LeBald. Colluded to the best contender he could every season trying to catch up to Kobe and still somehow failed miserably despite having superior teammates since his departure.

It's the other way around really.

:roll: it's like you never even heard of hakeem and duncan. Not even close when those 2 won with just role players.

Dray n Klay
08-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Where is Odom now?? :roll:

Dude turned garbage the second he left the Lakers

How did Kobe 2 peat with that scrub as his teammate?

Kobe won with easily the worst supporting cast in the past decade :applause:

Gawdbe :bowdown:

Lebronxrings
jesus kobetards are the cancer of this forum..probably basketball world.

warriorfan
Where is Odom now?? :roll:

Dude turned garbage the second he left the Lakers

How did Kobe 2 peat with that scrub as his main teammate?

Kobe won with easily the worst supporting cast in the past decade :applause:

Gawdbe :bowdown:

OP is on drugs

Ruler
08-19-2016, 09:45 PM
Prime Shaq? Prime Pau? You are retarded son

Lebronxrings
08-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Prime Shaq? Prime Pau? You are retarded son
kobetards gonna kobetard. Seriously the worst fanbase in sports.. bunch of idiots.

G0ATbe
08-19-2016, 09:49 PM
:roll: it's like you never even heard of hakeem and duncan. Not even close when those 2 won with just role players.
Duncan:yaohappy:? Which season are you talking about? Hakeem is the only one who has an argument, I give Kobe the edge due to era.