PDA

View Full Version : Is Kyrie vs Curry the rivalry?

lilteapot
08-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Kyrie has outplayed Curry in almost every game and he is 1-0 against Curry in the Finals. 2015 doesnt count since he was out and in Game 1 he was also outplaying Curry until he got injured.

Curry is considered a better player but Kyrie outplays him almost every time.

SilkkTheShocker
08-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Curry has more team success in the regular season. But in the playoffs, Irving is a f.ucking beast. After game 2 in the Finals, Kyrie gave him the business big time. I remember people trying to say the Cavs were better off with Delly starting than Irving last year :lol Curry is the guy you want in the regular season. But in the playoffs, he has to be one of the most underwhelming superstars in that department in NBA history. I remember watching the Finals both years and just not being iimpressed by him.

MP.Trey
08-19-2016, 10:31 AM
There's no rivalry. Kyrie outplays Curry on every level they've ever played together. In order for there to be a rivalry, Curry would have to do SOMETHING of note against him.

I mean, Kyrie's owned him in All Star Games, FIBA games where they're on the same team, owned Curry in 15 on one knee, blocking Curry's possible game winner and destroyed Curry in every way imaginable this most recent Finals. Steph's got some work to do before I could consider this a rivalry.

PP34Deuce
08-19-2016, 10:48 AM
There's no rivalry. Kyrie outplays Curry on every level they've ever played together. In order for there to be a rivalry, Curry would have to do SOMETHING of note against him.

I mean, Kyrie's owned him in All Star Games, FIBA games where they're on the same team, owned Curry in 15 on one knee, blocking Curry's possible game winner and destroyed Curry in every way imaginable this most recent Finals. Steph's got some work to do before I could consider this a rivalry.

Steph is not physical. Kyrie actually takes on contact. Kyrie is solid guys. He was bullying Kyle Lowry and Lowry is a strong stout PG.

When Curry realizes that a midrange jumpshot is just as valuable as a 3, he will be truly unstoppable. He guns for the 3 when teams give him the 2. If he keeps making 2's like he can, he will be able to do what he wants including 3's.

scuzzy
08-19-2016, 11:14 AM
Curry doesnt even guard Irving :lol

BigKAT
08-19-2016, 11:41 AM
Curry doesnt even guard Irving :lol

Kyrie with all his defensive limitations mostly guard Curry when the offensive set starts. I don't see any reason why curry shouldn't do the same.

Klay 3D
08-19-2016, 12:20 PM
No rivalry, but Kyrie was on a mission in that series putting the world on notice...kind of how Lillard was that season against Curry. I like watching Steph vs CP3 more.

Kyrie is the better individual player.
Curry is the better team player.

Not sure if you can find a 6'3" and under player who can beat Kyrie 1v1...maybe in history.

BigKAT
08-19-2016, 01:12 PM
No rivalry, but Kyrie was on a mission in that series putting the world on notice...kind of how Lillard was that season against Curry. I like watching Steph vs CP3 more.

Kyrie is the better individual player.
Curry is the better team player.

Not sure if you can find a 6'3" and under player who can beat Kyrie 1v1...maybe in history.

6'3 and under?

Allen Iverson is a name that comes to mind but yeah Irving is definetly in that conversation for best 1 on 1