Melo does a lot of work in inner cities

He has to see to what the democrat policies lead:applause:

Wiltside
08-22-2016, 09:28 AM
Melo just wants low taxes on the rich.

kamil
08-22-2016, 09:31 AM

Yep, because earning millions of dollars every year just isn't enough money.

NumberSix
08-22-2016, 09:35 AM
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

Spaulding
08-22-2016, 09:37 AM
Such a TMZ post OP. You should be ashamed!

Wiltside
08-22-2016, 09:38 AM
If he wasn't just about the money, he would have left NY at free agency.

Hawker
08-22-2016, 10:10 AM

And you just want free shit paid for by the rich.

Wiltside
08-22-2016, 11:16 AM
Not for myself, because I am doing fine, but I do want the needy in my country to be taken care of.

kamil
08-22-2016, 11:25 AM

Trump supporter spotted.

SouBeachTalents
08-22-2016, 11:29 AM

That's a common misconception. Sure, there are definitely leeches out there who want shit handed to them, but I'd honestly say a majority of people who do live in poverty work hard and try their best to get out of it. I'd much rather see them get support than those already earning millions a year get more money

ShawkFactory
08-22-2016, 12:29 PM
Not for myself, because I am doing fine, but I do want the needy in my country to be taken care of.
I agree with everything but the term.

Being less fortunate doesn't automatically make you needy.

Some relatively fortunate people piss their lives away and end up taking advantage of social programs. But this isn't the majority.

Nick Young
08-22-2016, 12:49 PM
Based Melo:banana:

Akrazotile
08-22-2016, 01:23 PM
That's a common misconception. Sure, there are definitely leeches out there who want shit handed to them, but I'd honestly say a majority of people who do live in poverty work hard and try their best to get out of it. I'd much rather see them get support than those already earning millions a year get more money

Do you proportionately help homeless people the way the rich support everyone else?

Remember, depending on where they live, some people pay up to 50% of their income or more in taxes.

How much does the average "raise taxes to do your fair share!" liberal give the homeless? Like $.50 a month?

Bottom line: If youre not doing it, dont call on others to do it.

ralph_i_el
08-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Do you proportionately help homeless people the way the rich support everyone else?

Remember, depending on where they live, some people pay up to 50% of their income or more in taxes.

How much does the average "raise taxes to do your fair share!" liberal give the homeless? Like $.50 a month?

Nobody earns income in a vacuum. A doctor in America earns on average 10x as much as a similarly educted doctor in Bangladesh. This is because a large percentage of your income is based on the system in which it is earned.

Our tax dollars uphold the American system of stability and commerce... but we pay less in taxes than any point since income tax was established. It's unsustainable. Plus, most of the handouts are going to the elderly (primarily republicans). Welfare handouts are an extremely small portion of the US budget. In fact, corporate subsidies far outpace individual welfare....

Also remember that much of the charity done by the very wealthy is for tax reasons. Start a charitable organization, write off all your donations, and then have the charity hire friends so you can build up favors (Clinton does this often).

The greatest indicator of future socioeconomic status is that of your parents, which undermines the whole "the rich are just better than you" argument significantly.

Before you call me a leech, I'm 24 and make more per year than the average employed middle-aged man, and my parents are 1%ers. My life has been super easy for no reason other than I fell out of the right vag.

Spurs m8
08-22-2016, 04:02 PM
Melo does a lot of work in inner cities

He has to see to what the democrat policies lead:applause:

Yep.

Corruption and poverty more often than not.

Akrazotile
08-22-2016, 04:06 PM
Our tax dollars uphold the American system of stability and commerce... but we pay less in taxes than any point since income tax was established. It's unsustainable. Plus, most of the handouts are going to the elderly (primarily republicans). Welfare handouts are an extremely small portion of the US budget. In fact, corporate subsidies far outpace individual welfare....

You don't consider medicare and medicaid to be welfare...? "Welfare" doesn't mean simply cash given to a black woman with no job who smokes weed and drives a mercedes. That's the false connotation people try to create, so that any time someone mentions the welfare system they can be dismissed by the left as motivated by low-key racism. Welfare is basically any funds provided gratis for the assurance of someone's well being.

Also remember that much of the charity done by the very wealthy is for tax reasons. Start a charitable organization, write off all your donations, and then have the charity hire friends so you can build up favors (Clinton does this often).

Agreed. But it's the wealthy and upper middle class' tax dollars that pay for the majority of education, police/fire, infrastructure, healthcare, defense, libraries, and anything else the government puts money into for everyone's benefit. Their tax dollars keep society upright, and they pay huge percentages. Except for those able to hide their money overseas. This is why it's actually the middle/upper middle class who really gets screwed. They pay the most for the shit that everyone else gets to use. And there are a TON of Americans who take advantage of the welfare system. Not everyone who is on it is exploiting it - but MANY are.

The greatest indicator of future socioeconomic status is that of your parents, which undermines the whole "the rich are just better than you" argument significantly.

How so? A kid whose parents play pro basketball is much more likely to be a pro basketball player than a kid whose parents aren't. Does he get drafted in the NBA because of connections and childhood advantage? Or because the parents have passed on genes that are more likely to produce success in that particular field? Do you think psychological traits like ambition, intelligence, work ethic etc. don't run in families? Don't get me wrong - access, resources, education help... but the connection between parents and children's socioeconomic status hardly undermines any arguments relating to variance in merit.

Before you call me a leech, I'm 24 and make more per year than the average employed middle-aged man, and my parents are 1%ers. My life has been super easy for no reason other than I fell out of the right vag.

I wouldn't presume to call you a leech at all. Your business is your business, and my beef actually isn't with people who take advantage of welfare, just like my beef isn't with people who hide their tax money overseas. My beef is with people who defend the policies that make welfare exploitation easy, and make hiding overseas money tempting and palatable. People are too easily persuaded by what "sounds really nice" than what actually makes long-term sense in practice.

Lakers Legend#32
08-22-2016, 04:55 PM
Remember Melo is college educated, Oh Wait, he's not, just like all the other Trump voters.

kentatm
08-22-2016, 05:00 PM
The NY Post ehh? :lol :lol :lol

MaxPlayer
08-22-2016, 05:15 PM
Good to see Melo's candidate selection matches his shot selection.

bukowski81
08-22-2016, 07:34 PM

LOL thats not true, dont be stupid. If the upper bracket of a tax system is 50%, that doesnt mean they take 50% of your income, especially for the very very rich, wich make most of the income on capital gains, that are taxed at ridiculous low rates..

Akrazotile
08-22-2016, 07:44 PM
LOL thats not true, dont be stupid. If the upper bracket of a tax system is 50%, that doesnt mean they take 50% of your income, especially for the very very rich, wich make most of the income on capital gains, that are taxed at ridiculous low rates..

I didn't say it does.

But when you factor in multiple tax systems - Federal, state, social security, medicare, property, sales... it's very conceivable that someone could pay in cumulative taxes nearly half their gross income of a given year.

diamenz
08-23-2016, 08:01 AM
i truly doubt melo has any knowledge of politics and real world issues for his endorsement to be at all credible.

Sakkreth
08-23-2016, 08:06 AM
Ohhh muricans... you gonna elect trump for yourselves....

Haymaker
08-23-2016, 08:09 AM

At least you're aware of it and brutally honest about it.