PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: LeBron James scored/assisted on 27 straight points in Game 6 of the Finals

Cone
08-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Including 18 STRAIGHT points in a critical stretch in the late 3rd/early-mid 4th that staved off the stacked 73 win Warriors.

Warriors all but completed the comeback before James went on his historical frenzy.

This led to the epic meltdown of NBA's god-child Curry where he threw his mouthpiece at a young fan and led to the incredible physiological break down of Curry's wife where she claimed the NBA was rigged (LOL!)

LeBron also declined to discuss the incident and instead took the humble approach, crediting his teammates even though at one point in the second half he either scored or assisted on 27 straight points.

BigKAT
08-22-2016, 06:57 PM
Don't forget this;

Game 7-

Cavs down 83 to gsw's 87

Lebron gets fouled on a 3-point attempt.
Then he gets to the free throw line and sinks 3 free throws.
All 3. Imagine the pressure.

What does he do after that? Goes to the same spot, sinks a 3 to give his team the lead.

Then the Block.

People remember Kyrie's 3 ( which was awesome af)
But they forget that Lebron put them in that situation.

J Shuttlesworth
08-22-2016, 07:07 PM
Game 7 4th quarter points

LeBron - 11
Warriors 13

3ball
08-22-2016, 07:07 PM
Don't forget this;

But they forget that Lebron put them in that situation

Too bad he only averaged 24 ppg and 6 TO's thru 4 games, before averaging 36 ppg and 3 TO's for the last 3 games.

Obviously, if he'd averaged 36 ppg and 3 TO's for the ENTIRE series like Jordan did for 91-93' Finals, then he wouldn't need a 7th game.. Indeed, Lebron needed to become Jordan to win.

Overall, Lebron's 30/11/9 included 4.5 turnovers, compared to Jordan's 36/7/8 and 3.4 turnovers.. The 1.1 turnover gap erases the 1 assist gap, so the comparison boils down to Lebron's 4 defensive rebounds versus Jordan's 6 ppg on better efficiency.. Obviously, Jordan's 6 ppg is more important - Lebron would be on another level if he averaged 6 more points on better efficiency.

Also, Lebron only averaged 1 ppg more than his 2nd option, compared to 15 ppg for Jordan - so Jordan faced greater defensive attention, yet he made all the game-winning plays for Pippen, whereas Kyrie made several for Lebron.

Smoke117
08-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Too bad he only averaged 24 ppg and 6 TO's thru 4 games, before averaging 36 ppg and 3 TO's for the last 3 games.

Obviously, if he'd averaged 36 ppg and 3 TO's for the ENTIRE series like Jordan did for 91-93' Finals, then he wouldn't need a 7th game.. Indeed, Lebron needed to become Jordan to win.

Overall, Lebron's 30/11/9 included 4.5 turnovers, compared to Jordan's 36/7/8 and 3.4 turnovers.. The 1.1 turnover gap erases the 1 assist gap, so the comparison boils down to Lebron's 4 defensive rebounds versus Jordan's 6 ppg on better efficiency.. Obviously, Jordan's 6 ppg is more important - Lebron would be on another level if he averaged 6 more points on better efficiency.

Also, Lebron only averaged 1 ppg more than his 2nd option, compared to 15 ppg for Jordan - so Jordan faced greater defensive attention, yet he made all the game-winning plays for Pippen, whereas Kyrie made several for Lebron.

You're demented...what does Jordan have to do with anything in this thread? STFU. You're such a ****ing nut you are trying to downplay 30/11/9...who does that?

AirBonner
08-22-2016, 07:13 PM

Ordan wasn't even necessary on his team. 55 wins without him. Cavs are missing the playoffs without Lebron.

BigKAT
08-22-2016, 07:18 PM

...Dude.
You have a problem.

Just enjoy the game.
I'm not sure what started you on this crusade, I mean, everyone knows Jordan is the GOAT. But your posts kinda almost make me wish otherwise.

JebronLames
08-22-2016, 07:23 PM
GOAT gonna GOAT

Da_Realist
08-22-2016, 07:33 PM
Don't forget this;

Game 7-

Cavs down 83 to gsw's 87

That was BIG. Much respect for that.

TheWinningFam
08-22-2016, 08:02 PM

Get a life.

J Shuttlesworth
08-22-2016, 09:02 PM
That was BIG. Much respect for that.
Sunk a 3 the next possession too:applause:

Hoopz2332
08-22-2016, 09:51 PM
Don't forget this;

Game 7-

Cavs down 83 to gsw's 87

What does he do after that? Goes to the same spot, sinks a 3 to give his team the lead.

Then the Block.

lowkey the biggest part of game in the 4th qtr. If not for that quick 6 points, Warriors were about to pull away:bowdown:

ScalsFan21
08-22-2016, 09:58 PM
The fact that Kerr allowed even the possibility of Ezeli to be on the court with the Dubs on the verge of pulling away at home still boggles my mind. I understand the strength in #s approach but my god, there's a time and a place.

King saw that matchup and just smelled BLOOD. This win has probably rejuvenated his belief in his potential to get at least 5-6 rings by the end of his career, where if he was headed into his age 32 season with only two chips, it would've looked a lot more grim. Now all the pressure is off him to get one "for the Land", and he's still got enough in the tank left to retire having matched MJ in lifetime rings.

LeBeast.

SouBeachTalents
08-22-2016, 10:06 PM
The fact that Kerr allowed even the possibility of Ezeli to be on the court with the Dubs on the verge of pulling away at home still boggles my mind. I understand the strength in #s approach but my god, there's a time and a place.

King saw that matchup and just smelled BLOOD. This win has probably rejuvenated his belief in his potential to get at least 5-6 rings by the end of his career, where if he was headed into his age 32 season with only two chips, it would've looked a lot more grim. Now all the pressure is off him to get one "for the Land", and he's still got enough in the tank left to retire having matched MJ in lifetime rings.

LeBeast.

That was truly the turning point of the 4th. Warriors were on a 7-0 run, with the way that quarter had been playing out another defensive stop there and they could've really had the Cavs on the ropes. That idiotic foul plus LeBron's 3 changed the tide of the 4th quarter.

Forgot Curry's mindless behind the back pass was in the middle of those possessions lol

Hoopz2332
08-22-2016, 10:15 PM
That was truly the turning point of the 4th. Warriors were on a 7-0 run, with the way that quarter had been playing out another defensive stop there and they could've really had the Cavs on the ropes. That idiotic foul plus LeBron's 3 changed the tide of the 4th quarter.

Forgot Curry's mindless behind the back pass was in the middle of those possessions lol

facts!:pimp:

ScalsFan21
08-22-2016, 10:20 PM
That Curry pass even pissed me off. All year (or at least the last few months of the season when people began really crushing Curry for getting "too cute" with his flashy passes and decisions), I really felt like he wouldn't allow that to cripple them in a really important moment of a must-win game, and would curb that when needed. And then he did that. Klay wasn't even open or in position to put up a shot either. :lol

I wouldn't necessarily call it a major "flaw" in his game, but there's a difference between a regular turnover and a momentum-crushing mistake. Steph's gotta know better... LeBron wouldn't be caught dead making that decision, nor would any other non-Westbrook elite player.

RRR3
08-22-2016, 10:35 PM
That Curry pass even pissed me off. All year (or at least the last few months of the season when people began really crushing Curry for getting "too cute" with his flashy passes and decisions), I really felt like he wouldn't allow that to cripple them in a really important moment of a must-win game, and would curb that when needed. And then he did that. Klay wasn't even open or in position to put up a shot either. :lol

I wouldn't necessarily call it a major "flaw" in his game, but there's a difference between a regular turnover and a momentum-crushing mistake. Steph's gotta know better... LeBron wouldn't be caught dead making that decision, nor would any other non-Westbrook elite player.
I don't see WB doing that actually. He's out of control, not too flashy.

Cone
08-23-2016, 12:16 AM
Don't forget this;

Game 7-

Cavs down 83 to gsw's 87

Then the Block.

Yes! No doubt. That sequence was unbelievably huge. Literally championship saving.

Just like LeBron in game 6 of the 2013 NBA finals. Down by 10 at the start of the 4th and he snapped to bring the team back. Then hitting that big 3 to cut it down to 2 with about 20 seconds left. Which led to Ray Allen's 3.

warriorfan
08-23-2016, 12:23 AM

LeBeast.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201606190GSW.html

Check out Ezeli and Varejao's +/- relative to their minutes played

Those guys killed the dubs, if Kerr gives those stiffs less burn then the outcome could very well been different. Not gonna to even go into what would of happened if Andrew Bogut was available but it would of been huge.

Smoke117
08-23-2016, 01:46 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201606190GSW.html

Check out Ezeli and Varejao's +/- relative to their minutes played

Those guys killed the dubs, if Kerr gives those stiffs less burn then the outcome could very well been different. Not gonna to even go into what would of happened if Andrew Bogut was available but it would of been huge.

You gotta love how this bitch says this now after downplaying the entire team to raise up Curry all season long...you ****ing tw@t.

AintNoSunshine
08-23-2016, 08:30 AM

Lebron is going up against a 73-win team:facepalm