PDA

View Full Version : John Wall on Bradley Beal: "We have a tendency to dislike each other on the court"

D-Wait
08-24-2016, 03:27 AM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243180/John-Wall-Bradley-Beal-And-I-Have-A-Tendency-To-Dislike-Each-Other-On-Court

"Now that you have your money you got to go out there and improve your game. I want you to be an All-Star just as much as I’m an All-Star."

"He’s my sidekick. I’m A. He’s A-1."

WOW. I didn't follow the Wizards at all last season and for sure didn't know about the lack of chemistry between Wall and Beal. On paper, they are such a good fit. Comments like Beal being the sidekick propably won't help doe.

BigKAT
08-24-2016, 05:10 AM
[QUOTE=D-Wait]http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243180/John-Wall-Bradley-Beal-And-I-Have-A-Tendency-To-Dislike-Each-Other-On-Court

"Now that you have your money you got to go out there and improve your game. I want you to be an All-Star just as much as I

masonanddixon
08-24-2016, 05:50 AM
But it's true.
Why pamper it up?

John Wall is Elite. Or at least All-star level.
Bradley Beal is not. Not yet.

Should Paul George pretend current Monta ellis is his equal just to not hurt his feelings? Nope.

And he's saying it in a good way. A-1 is awesome. It's not B or C. A-1 means it's really close. And The whole vibe of these comments feel honest and positive.

Wall isn't elite at all. He's just another good point guard who isn't ultimately a difference maker.

Spurs m8
08-24-2016, 06:24 AM
Wall sounds like a f*ckwit

keep-itreal
08-24-2016, 06:43 AM
it's really irrelevant since the team sucks

Spaulding
08-24-2016, 06:48 AM
Team is too shitty for these two players to have these issues. Wall is happy he's king of turd city?

Spurs m8
08-24-2016, 06:49 AM
After looking at their salaries, its clear Wall is salty as f*ck.

Like when he took that swipe at Reggie Jacksons contract too.

I<3NBA
08-24-2016, 08:09 AM
isn't A1 better than A? i mean it's already an A but plus 1, so it's better than just A. :confusedshrug:

Clifton
08-24-2016, 08:21 AM
I would suspend Wall for this. Not kidding. That's not acceptable.

It would have been better if he had said "I dislike Beal personally. I think he's a terrible guy. We don't hang out." You don't say "We dislike each other on the court" to the media because that specifically targets the thing they are being paid for. Whatever problem there may have been on-court (I didn't know there was one), he's just made it 5x worse.

If he's trying to emphasize that it's His Team, he's doing it wrong. Last year he failed to lead his team to the playoffs the same year Damian Lillard gave the Warriors a scare in Round 2 with comparable talent. Make it your team by developing a jump shot and winning games.

GimmeThat
08-24-2016, 08:44 AM
a 6th year player and a 4th year player?

you have to wonder how many players think about if 'this' and 'this' happens then my FG% will go up etc.

you could have said that this was Shaq talking to his free-throw coach, or whoever suggested to him that he needed one

BigKAT
08-24-2016, 08:46 AM

It would have been better if he had said "I dislike Beal personally. I think he's a terrible guy. We don't hang out." You don't say "We dislike each other on the court" to the media because that specifically targets the thing they are being paid for. Whatever problem there may have been on-court (I didn't know there was one), he's just made it 5x worse.

If he's trying to emphasize that it's His Team, he's doing it wrong. Last year he failed to lead his team to the playoffs the same year Damian Lillard gave the Warriors a scare in Round 2 with comparable talent. Make it your team by developing a jump shot and winning games.

Great point.
Lillard really is amazing, isn't he?
Can't wait to see if he manages to stay the course next season. Hope he doesn't plummet, I don't like all their offseason moves. (Evan turner, meh.)

D-Wait
08-24-2016, 08:55 AM
But it's true.
Why pamper it up?

Cause it's offseason and we have nothing else to talk about...

Nilocon165
08-24-2016, 08:58 AM
I've read multiple times that wall is a douche and some of these quotes prove it

Uncle Drew
08-24-2016, 09:04 AM
The gold old days when Wiz' and Cavs' fans would argue whether Wall/Beal were better than Kyrie/Waiters.

Luckily, we now know Kyrie alone >.

SilkkTheShocker
08-24-2016, 09:09 AM
Can't believe there are still people that believe Wall >> Irving.

Frenetic
08-24-2016, 09:26 AM
john wall aint ready :coleman:

lilteapot
08-24-2016, 09:27 AM
What a stupid thing to say.

Frenetic
08-24-2016, 09:31 AM
shut up

iamgine
08-24-2016, 09:42 AM
isn't A1 better than A? i mean it's already an A but plus 1, so it's better than just A. :confusedshrug:
Rank 2 is rank 1 plus 1.

Wally450
08-24-2016, 09:44 AM
The gold old days when Wiz' and Cavs' fans would argue whether Wall/Beal were better than Kyrie/Waiters.

Luckily, we now know Kyrie alone >.

Its funny how people still think Wall is better because he plays better defense. His midrange isn't close to reliable and he can't get the Wizards to the playoffs in the East.

I even got shit on when I said I'd take Kyrie a couple years back on here.

ralph_i_el
08-24-2016, 12:32 PM
ITT: People who haven't watched a Wizards game in a year.

The wizards had the most missed games in the second half of the season. If Beal was around we would have been pushing 50 wins.

Wall had another incremental shooting improvement, and improved his end-of-game play substantially. Wall made a large improvement in his end-of-game play where he was called upon to create shots. He discovered the ability to force his way to the rim for layups and fouls on command (taking a ton of contact in the process).

Having Morris on board with time to practice with the team will help immensely. Our big depth was awful last year....so we added a starter level center to play off the bench. Our backup PG play was awful....so we ad former blue-chip prospect Trey Burke, and Euro-stud Tomas Sataronsky (for 3m a year I might add).

With average luck, the Wiz will win 50+ games next season. We had two second round appearances the previous years, with teams that are shaping up to be weaker than this one.

We won 40 games missing Beal for a quarter of the season. We lost nothing of consequence for this season, got another year of growth out of our young guys, and shored up our two biggest bench weaknesses.

DingDengDong
08-24-2016, 12:38 PM
Gee, I wonder why they have chemistry issues.

Nastradamus
08-24-2016, 01:00 PM
Can't believe there are still people that believe Wall >> Irving.

Meh, depends what you want from your PG. they are complete opposites. One is an elite playmaker who can't shoot and isn't special as a scorer, but is a defensive stud. One is an elite scorer who does little else particularly well, especially D and playing the point

ralph_i_el
08-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Meh, depends what you want from your PG. they are complete opposites. One is an elite playmaker who can't shoot and isn't special as a scorer, but is a defensive stud. One is an elite scorer who does little else particularly well, especially D and playing the point

Yeah, it's tough to compare two players with completely different skills and styles.

PP34Deuce
08-24-2016, 01:21 PM
Beal is a a better shooter. Wall is better in everything else.

I get the professional side but Wall is a better player than Beal.

PP34Deuce
08-24-2016, 01:26 PM

I agree with you. Wall is similar to a poor mans Westbrook. Long athletic and explosive. He's capable of 6-8 rebounds and dishing out more assists. He's a better defender but he's impulsive.

Kyrie is an elite scorer that is adequate at everything else. Kyrie can play Defense but it's adequate. He can assist and rebound at an expected level.

He works perfect for Lebron. Wall would be great on a team that has scorers and needs a facilitator. Kind of like Rondo with better scoring ability.

Bankaii
08-24-2016, 01:34 PM
Since when did John Wall get so underrated?
He's the 2nd best 2-way PG behind CP3.
He's right there with Kyrie as the 5th best PG imo, he just impacts the game differently.

You can't expect a pass first PG to lead a team with Gortat and 22 year old Porter as his primary scoring options to success.
Even Lillard had McCollum. If Beal plays the entire season the Wiz easily make the playoffs.

Milbuck
08-24-2016, 01:34 PM
I love how the Kyrie fans are jumping on this like sharks in blood infested waters, as if he doesn't play alongside Lebron f*cking James. Kyrie isn't making the playoffs one single year with Wall's casts. It's not happening. He's doing his little dribble dances moves in the confines of the Cavs machine led by Lebron. Props to him for being cold blooded in the playoffs, but if you're talking about building a team, he isn't doing shit with what Wall has been dealt.

ralph_i_el
08-24-2016, 01:47 PM
I love how the Kyrie fans are jumping on this like sharks in blood infested waters, as if he doesn't play alongside Lebron f*cking James. Kyrie isn't making the playoffs one single year with Wall's casts. It's not happening. He's doing his little dribble dances moves in the confines of the Cavs machine led by Lebron. Props to him for being cold blooded in the playoffs, but if you're talking about building a team, he isn't doing shit with what Wall has been dealt.

^Milbuck dropping truth bombs

In the same vein, Wall wouldn't work nearly as well as Kyrie does with LeBron, because both Wall and LeBron are offensive creators who work best with the ball in their hands

Milbuck
08-24-2016, 01:52 PM
^Milbuck dropping truth bombs

In the same vein, Wall wouldn't work nearly as well as Kyrie does with LeBron, because both Wall and LeBron are offensive creators who work best with the ball in their hands
Yeah, Kyrie is better on the Cavs but Wall is the better player overall and better player to build around imo.

FreezingTsmoove
08-24-2016, 01:52 PM
How can he even dislike Beal when Beals soft injured ass is never on the court

SilkkTheShocker
08-24-2016, 01:56 PM
How can he even dislike Beal when Beals soft injured ass is never on the court

A Curry fan calling any other player soft :roll: :roll:

ralph_i_el
08-24-2016, 01:59 PM

Lots of parallels between Beal and Curry in their first few seasons. Repeated injuries in the same place, but knockdown shooters from day 1.

BigKAT
08-24-2016, 02:05 PM
Lots of parallels between Beal and Curry in their first few seasons. Repeated injuries in the same place, but knockdown shooters from day 1.

I do believe that Beal's ball handling skills are nowhere near Curry.
Nor is his playmaking ability, Curry is actually a very decent passer when he's not trying to score 30 every night. He had 8+ assists twice I think. Or close to it.

Can't say the same for Beal when Wall was down. Wasn't much of a playmaker.

ralph_i_el
08-24-2016, 02:08 PM
I do believe that Beal's ball handling skills are nowhere near Curry.
Nor is his playmaking ability, Curry is actually a very decent passer when he's not trying to score 30 every night. He had 8+ assists twice I think. Or close to it.

Can't say the same for Beal when Wall was down. Wasn't much of a playmaker.

Well Curry is a point guard and Beal is clearly a SG. I was just referencing their development as young players and scorers. Both guys were/are knockdown shooters who had consistent injuries to the same place (Curry's ankle, Beal's leg)

Beal is an excellent rebounder and defenders as a SG.

FreezingTsmoove
08-24-2016, 02:09 PM

Youre calling a championship PG soft :lol

ralph_i_el
08-24-2016, 02:11 PM
Youre calling a championship PG soft :lol
:rolleyes: because no one has ever been on a championship team while being soft

FreezingTsmoove
08-24-2016, 02:12 PM
:rolleyes: because no one has ever been on a championship team while being soft

Name 3 who had an impact as great as Steph

SilkkTheShocker
08-24-2016, 02:15 PM

You can name 3 players on his own team that had more impact in last year's Finals :lol

ralph_i_el
08-24-2016, 02:17 PM

nothing to do with him being soft or not.

FreezingTsmoove
08-24-2016, 02:17 PM
You can name 3 players on his own team that had more impact in last year's Finals :lol

A true testament to the depth of the Warriors :bowdown:

What a great team :rockon:

SilkkTheShocker
08-24-2016, 02:18 PM
I would build around Irving over Wall for the simple fact Kyrie the doesn't have the IQ of a bag of hammers. Wall is too stupid of a player to ever build around.

ralph_i_el
08-24-2016, 02:34 PM
I would build around Irving over Wall for the simple fact Kyrie the doesn't have the IQ of a bag of hammers. Wall is too stupid of a player to ever build around.

:facepalm stfu

you don't know what you're talking about

Nilocon165
08-24-2016, 02:42 PM
A true testament to the depth of the Warriors :bowdown:

What a great team :rockon:
Sorry, I don't really know anything about sports so this might be a dumb question, but aren't they that team who blew a 3-1 lead in the finals with the first ever unanimous MVP?

tamaraw08
08-24-2016, 04:03 PM

Great post.Wall is very good but unfortunately he thinks he is elite and doesn't have any holes in his game. I act thought KD was considering moving there but Wall seems like is not a good leader..

Clifton
08-24-2016, 04:05 PM
The wizards had the most missed games in the second half of the season.
I don't remember them being significantly better the first half of the season.

They won a few games, but the point is they always seemed less than the sum of their parts, healthy or not. A team with an "elite playmaking PG" shouldn't be that.

Wall seems to have great chemistry with Gortat. He's good at drive and kick, great in transition, and a great defender. But elite playmaker? I don't see it. He doesn't have the wits of a D Wade or Curry in the halfcourt IMO. Very fast but not nearly as quick first step as a Westbrook or prime Rose. Also lacks a jumpshot and now I'm finding out he's a dysfunctional leader and doesn't even get along with his #2 option... hmm...

They made some noise in the playoffs last year, but not without Pierce's leadership. Wall needs to be that.

D-Wait
08-26-2016, 02:56 AM
After looking at their salaries, its clear Wall is salty as f*ck.

Like when he took that swipe at Reggie Jacksons contract too.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243192/John-Wall-Rankled-By-James-Hardens-Extension

John Wall 'Rankled' By James Harden's Extension

John Wall recently admitted he and Bradley Beal sometimes "dislike each other on the court" in an interview.

“Wall’s got jealousy issues. He’s always upset with someone who makes more money than him," said one source.

An agent described Wall's situation with Beal like this: “Whatever is public, multiply it by five and that’s how they really feel about each other. It’s probably a total disaster.”

A front-office executive says that Wall was “rankled” after James Harden signed a four-year, $118 million extension with the Rockets.

xtrm
08-26-2016, 07:05 AM
[QUOTE=D-Wait]http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243192/John-Wall-Rankled-By-James-Hardens-Extension

John Wall 'Rankled' By James Harden's Extension

John Wall recently admitted he and Bradley Beal sometimes "dislike each other on the court" in an interview.

Wally450
08-26-2016, 09:27 AM
So John Wall's selfish... Doesn't have what it takes to be the best in the league with that attitude.

Vancouver-Grizz
08-26-2016, 01:37 PM
Just don't understand Wall's thought process.

Timing is key in the league. Salary cap was a factor for Beal and not Wall when he signed a few years ago. Does he expect Wiz to terminate his contract and give him a new one?

Be happy for your teammates getting paid instead of the owners keeping the profit. His time will come but with crap he says, team might start thinking if this guy is WORTH the max money...

miggyme1
08-27-2016, 04:28 AM
Wall isn't elite at all. He's just another good point guard who isn't ultimately a difference maker.

You must be high...john wall is playing on a very inconsistent team the two years prior to last season they looked like a rising powerhouse in the east and john wall was their STAR. Last year for whatever reason they just looked unmotivated but wall had a pretty good season and is a top 5 pg in the league. You cant watch him. For all the hype westbrook/lillard/curry get wall is more athletic than two of those guys and has a comparable jumper to westbrook and is prolly a better passer than all 3 of them. Go get league pass or something.