PDA

View Full Version : Should the player that claims the GOAT status possess this ability?

Trollsmasher
08-24-2016, 01:57 PM
The ability is:

achieving a winning career record without a TOP 25 player of all time playing as a teammate in those games

Surely the person that claims the GOAT status and therefore GOAT impact should have this ability

Also, who is the GOAT if we decide this ability is essential for a player to have it?

BigKAT
08-24-2016, 02:00 PM
The ability is:

achieving a winning career record without a TOP 25 player of all time playing as a teammate in those games

Surely the person that claims the GOAT status and therefore GOAT impact should have this ability

Also, who is the GOAT if we decide this ability is essential for a player to have it?

Winning makes people look better.
Winning helps increase a player's value.
A Winning player averaging 19PPG is going to be ranked higher all-time then a losing player averaging 24PPG.

The GOAT makes people around him better.
Winning got Jeff Teague, Kyle Korver and Draymond Green into the All-star game.

This whole question is just a paradox.

There are better ways to decide who has a claim as the best.
That's why we have Rings, MVP's, FMVP's, oh, and most importantly, watching the damn player play.

andgar923
08-24-2016, 02:05 PM
The ability is:

Making a shy, weak player INTO a top 50 HOF player

THAT is greatness and GOAT status ability.

*Gets criticized for not making others better..... and on the 7th day he creates a HOFer.

Trollsmasher
08-24-2016, 02:23 PM
THAT is greatness and GOAT status ability.

*Gets criticized for not making others better..... and on the 7th day he creates a HOFer.
I've heard many smart people say that without Jordan stunting Pippen's growth with his selfishness, Pip would've been ever better:confusedshrug:

livinglegend
08-24-2016, 02:25 PM
The ability is:

Great question OP!
The answer is YES.
The GOAT would be either Lebron or Russell.

MaxPlayer
08-24-2016, 02:27 PM
So playing a game with another top-25 player as a teammate would disqualify someone from GOAT consideration?

Not sure that makes much sense.

andgar923
08-24-2016, 02:27 PM
I've heard many smart people say that without Jordan stunting Pippen's growth with his selfishness, Pip would've been ever better:confusedshrug:
:lol :lol

And I've heard Coaches, teammates, GMs, journalists, opponents, and Pip himself say he wouldn't be where he is today without MJ.

They've literally said MJ made him a man.:confusedshrug:

Trollsmasher
08-24-2016, 02:28 PM
So playing a game with another top-25 player as a teammate would disqualify someone from GOAT consideration?

never said that:confusedshrug:

but surely the GOAT player should have enough of an impact to achieve a winning record in games in which played without the said player

livinglegend
08-24-2016, 02:30 PM

Go work on your reading comprehension retard

MaxPlayer
08-24-2016, 02:30 PM
never said that:confusedshrug:

but surely the GOAT player should have enough of an impact to achieve a winning record in games in which played without the said player

OK... then yes, I agree.

Thank you for clarifying.

livinglegend
08-24-2016, 02:31 PM
:lol :lol

And I've heard Coaches, teammates, GMs, journalists, opponents, and Pip himself say he wouldn't be where he is today without MJ.

They've literally said MJ made him a man.:confusedshrug:

And MJ wouln't be where he is today without Pippen.
What's your point?

1-9

MaxPlayer
08-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Go work on your reading comprehension retard

Get off my dick pls.

Overdrive
08-24-2016, 03:14 PM
Pippen without Jordan would be a poor man's Grant Hill. Nice, well rounded stats(better D ofc), but not much success and always failing to get to that next level.

DingDengDong
08-24-2016, 03:47 PM
The ability is:

So it is a requirement for the GOAT to have bad teammates? gtfo

Trollsmasher
08-24-2016, 04:02 PM
So it is a requirement for the GOAT to have bad teammates? gtfo
no

but he should be able to elevate the play of those teammates if he happens to be in a situation where he has them

how else could we measure impact?:confusedshrug:

andgar923
08-24-2016, 05:34 PM
And MJ wouln't be where he is today without Pippen.
What's your point?

1-9

My point is, MJ MADE Pip to the point where he can win.

Young X
08-24-2016, 05:55 PM
Michael wasn't GOAT status yet in his rookie and sophomore seasons.

Jasper
08-24-2016, 06:18 PM
No , but he tor'up the NBA ..... a relentless scorer, no one saw before.

OP is trying to make an argument for Lebron , but if goat were goat , it would be spelled Russell

AirBonner
08-24-2016, 06:30 PM
LeBron has had to play most of his career as Pippen AND Jordan rolled into one. He never had the luxury of having a top defender by his side to guard the opponents best player on a nightly basis.

K Xerxes
08-24-2016, 06:34 PM
You know you're the GOAT when the only argument used against you is team record in rookie and sophomore years.

Don't worry LeBron stans, we will never forget the quit job in 2010 and the most embarrassing failure of a sports star in the 2011 finals, forever etched down in Bron's legacy :applause:

I know you are
08-25-2016, 10:12 AM
He barely even played his sophomore season.