PDA

View Full Version : Fire Mitch...Laker fans please sign

crisoner
07-05-2006, 04:08 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?mitchk

UCLAlegend32
07-05-2006, 04:13 PM
if this was 2 yrs ago i would be the one starting the petition. give mitch some time hes actually starting to do great things. like drafting the living legend that is Jordan Farmar.

HALLandOATES
07-05-2006, 04:13 PM
:hammerhead:

hotsizzle
07-05-2006, 04:16 PM
signed.

UCLAlegend32
07-05-2006, 04:20 PM
since well have enough signatures in about 10 more min. lets start nameing some replacement gms for mitch.

Young HkM
07-05-2006, 04:25 PM
I don't think there is any point in signing this, you might want to start another one. It loses credility through a lot of signatures on there. Ex. John Elway, Kobe Bryant, Jerry West, and Mitch himself.

shadow
07-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't think Mitch is as bad as he's made out to be.
His Draft Picks have been decent, his moves aside from the blown shaq trade & botched up GP trade have been pretty OK too.
He's not stellar but he's not that bad either. It could be much worse....we coulda had zeke, or babcock.

the even bigger black guy
07-05-2006, 04:32 PM
we want kiki

UCLAlegend32
07-05-2006, 04:36 PM
the ucla lenged that is kiki im down with that.

whatisfightclub
07-05-2006, 04:59 PM
I'll dislike Mitch if he scraps Mihm for Brown.

rs98762001
07-05-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't think Mitch is as bad as he's made out to be.
His Draft Picks have been decent, his moves aside from the blown shaq trade & botched up GP trade have been pretty OK too.
He's not stellar but he's not that bad either. It could be much worse....we coulda had zeke, or babcock.

The draft is IMO where he's been most suspect. Drafting one matador after another, valuing shooting over defense and athleticism. cf. Cook, Sasha, Rush, etc, all the while bypassing Prince, Barbosa, etc.

crisoner
07-05-2006, 05:06 PM
I want West back......*sigh*

HoosierDaddy13
07-05-2006, 05:11 PM
^^Especially since Barbosa is 1st team All-defense team, right? Mitch has not made a single move without the input thoughts and approval of the owner and the coach so to blame him alone for not trading for KG, Artest, or drafting Prince, Arenas..... is just wrong.

kentatm
07-05-2006, 05:12 PM
im sorry but some of you Lakers fans are flat stupid. you need to understand that it was impossible to get equal value for Shaq and that part of rebuilding is not being as good as you were before. some of you sound like pissant whiney Yankees fans. thats a very bad thing.

jan803
07-05-2006, 05:17 PM
im sorry but some of you Lakers fans are flat stupid. you need to understand that it was impossible to get equal value for Shaq and that part of rebuilding is not being as good as you were before. some of you sound like pissant whiney Yankees fans. thats a very bad thing.

uh, you're only talking about one specific deal. his draft choices since his tenure have been poor overall.

now i personally like the bynum, turiaf draft choices last year and we'll have to see how famar/evans does but this wasn't neither as bad as some other years...kareem rush...gag me!!!!!!...and prince was available...still trying to catch my breathe...can a girl get a drink of water to clear my throat???????

kentatm
07-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Prince was available to lots of teams. you are second guessing draft picks. a worthless waste of time. your team is on the right path and you are still *****ing. winning is not your god given right. get over it.

jan803
07-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Prince was available to lots of teams. you are second guessing draft picks. a worthless waste of time. your team is on the right path and you are still *****ing. winning is not your god given right. get over it.

maybe laker fans aren't 'right' to b!tch and moan, but if you think that rush was a better choice than what was available, than that's your take.

note i wasn't b!tching about last year's or this years' choices he made.

you can go and worry about the mavs now. they didn't have the cuban er, God given right to win the dam title this year.

kentatm
07-05-2006, 05:39 PM
har har. the Mavs lost b.c they couldnt shoot. plain and simple. i knew all year it could be a problem. i was always blown away when announcers would call them a jumpshooting team when they have but 3 guys (and KVH had a broken hand so two) that could even shoot them.

rs98762001
07-05-2006, 05:47 PM
^^Especially since Barbosa is 1st team All-defense team, right? Mitch has not made a single move without the input thoughts and approval of the owner and the coach so to blame him alone for not trading for KG, Artest, or drafting Prince, Arenas..... is just wrong.

Kupchak is the fall guy. Of course not every decision is solely his, but that's the way it works. The fact remains that, aside from perhaps Bynum, the Lakers have not had a successful draft since Kupchak took over.

kentatm
07-05-2006, 05:48 PM
most teams dont have good drafts. they should just call the whole thing the lottery

crisoner
07-05-2006, 05:49 PM

My whole point...if West was still here Shaq would of never left and him and Kobe would still be playing together.

kentatm
07-05-2006, 05:50 PM
no they wouldnt. niether of their egos would have allowed it. had Shaq stayed i bet you anything Kobe would have gone to the Clippers just to try and become king of LA.

crisoner
07-05-2006, 05:55 PM
no they wouldnt. niether of their egos would have allowed it. had Shaq stayed i bet you anything Kobe would have gone to the Clippers just to try and become king of LA.

Nope....

They both respected West. They still would be playing today.

jan803
07-05-2006, 05:55 PM

this is where you underestimate west.

the tragedy was that buss did too.

crisoner
07-05-2006, 05:58 PM
this is where you underestimate west.

the tragedy was that buss did too.

Kobe always listen to West...West got him to tone down his game and play with Shaq...results the Lakers go 15-1 in the playoffs.

Shaq always listens to....and if Shaq respects you he will do the right thing and swallow his pride like he did when Russell talk to him. West is respected by Shaq the same way.

kentatm
07-05-2006, 05:59 PM
i highly doubt even West could have kept the two together. but thats me. ever the pessimistic optimist.

shadow
07-05-2006, 06:05 PM
A lot of the draft choices he gets flak for can be blamed on PJ. eg. Rush and Cook.
Barbarosa and Prince, a lot of teams passed on them.
What about manu and parker, wasn't JW with us when they were drafted in R2?
People don't realize that when we bash mitch, a lot of his "moves" were dictated by other people. Shaq trade (Dr. Buss, though mitch should've demanded more of Riles).
I'm not saying mitch is JW reincarnate but he's not as bad as we make him to be.

jan803
07-05-2006, 06:06 PM
i highly doubt even West could have kept the two together. but thats me. ever the pessimistic optimist.

he 'retired' in 2002. we'll never know what would have been if he was around especially in the summer of 2003. but that influence would have been there and it's would have certainly been more of an impact that kuchak's and it's not even close.

jan803
07-05-2006, 06:14 PM
A lot of the draft choices he gets flak for can be blamed on PJ. eg. Rush and Cook.
Barbarosa and Prince, a lot of teams passed on them.
What about manu and parker, wasn't JW with us when they were drafted in R2?
People don't realize that when we bash mitch, a lot of his "moves" were dictated by other people. Shaq trade (Dr. Buss, though mitch should've demanded more of Riles).
I'm not saying mitch is JW reincarnate but he's not as bad as we make him to be.

you're right. west made mistakes too.

but when you find a nicky, 37th???

get a kobe at 13...

the deal of the century getting shaq...you can miss a couple here and there.

west was a hard act to follow...it's usually the case for anyone. but we deal w/the here and now and NOW we want results. it's why fans can be so harsh.

shadow
07-05-2006, 06:26 PM
you're right. west made mistakes too.

but when you find a nicky, 37th???

get a kobe at 13...

the deal of the century getting shaq...you can miss a couple here and there.

west was a hard act to follow...it's usually the case for anyone. but we deal w/the here and now and NOW we want results. it's why fans can be so harsh.
no doubt JW is a hard act to follow, ad I wish Dr.Buss had kept him, but it came down to him and Phil, guess the good doctor's duaghter won that round.

Then again choosing between two legends is not that easy either.

Anyway Mitch is a competent GM. I can't imagine anyone describing him as anything else. He's not JW but he's adequate for now, till someone better comes along atleast.

LakerzFan4Life
07-05-2006, 08:13 PM
No

kentatm
07-05-2006, 08:19 PM
get a kobe at 13...

ohh please, West didnt have anything to do with getting Kobe, that was Kobe's agent forcing him to LA.

jan803
07-06-2006, 11:11 AM
ohh please, West didnt have anything to do with getting Kobe, that was Kobe's agent forcing him to LA.

west wanted kobe to play here. kobe's workout w/the lakers was one of the best he's seen from a rookie, let alone a 17 year kid. west was getting kobe to la.

if i were kobe, choosing between charlotte and la...where in the h@ll do you think kobe would want to play? hey, it didn't hurt that he was endorsed heavily by west.

hotsizzle
07-06-2006, 03:45 PM
only thing i have against mitch is that hes never involved. and when he gets involved, its a disaster. however, as of late, hes been alright. I like his draft choices from the last two yrs and the radman deal is good. at least we dont have zeke or something, but i'd rather have someone like kiki

hotsizzle
07-06-2006, 03:45 PM
west wanted kobe to play here. kobe's workout w/the lakers was one of the best he's seen from a rookie, let alone a 17 year kid. west was getting kobe to la.

if i were kobe, choosing between charlotte and la...where in the h@ll do you think kobe would want to play? hey, it didn't hurt that he was endorsed heavily by west.

very true.

Rasheed1
07-06-2006, 04:09 PM
ohh please, West didnt have anything to do with getting Kobe, that was Kobe's agent forcing him to LA

kobe went to LA because he knew west wanted him there....He prolly wouldnt have even made the stink about playing in charlotte if west hadnt shown alot of interest in him...

dak121
07-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Lakers fans = Most fickle in the NBA

Unless you count the Bulls fans on Basketballboards.net

305Baller
07-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Im definetely NOT signing this. THANK YOU MITCH!!!! EXEC OF THE YEAR!!!! Can we have Odom back now?

crisoner
07-06-2006, 05:18 PM
kobe went to LA because he knew west wanted him there....He prolly wouldnt have even made the stink about playing in charlotte if west hadnt shown alot of interest in him...

Right said Sheed.

crisoner
03-29-2019, 12:02 PM
Bump....the good ol days.

$LakerGold
03-31-2019, 12:33 PM
:(