PDA

View Full Version : What team would beat the GOAT by position team?

Nash
08-27-2016, 04:26 PM
So, what team do you think would beat the GOAT team by position? By that I mean a team that would have better chemistry, would be more versatile etc etc.

The best team going by the best players in each position:

PG: Magic
SG: Jordan
SF: Lebron
PF: Duncan
C: Kareem

BigKAT
08-27-2016, 04:28 PM
So, what team do you think would beat the GOAT team by position? By that I mean a team that would have better chemistry, would be more versatile etc etc.

The best team going by the best players in each position:

PG: Magic
SG: Jordan
SF: Lebron
PF: Duncan
C: Kareem

Not the 2015-216 Warriors, that's for sure.

NBAGOAT
08-27-2016, 04:46 PM
how about this.

PG: Stockton
SG: Kobe
SF: Bird
PF: KG
C: Shaq

good spacing and you have guys willing to defer like Stockton and KG. Excellent passers are every position too and the defense should be pretty great if shaq tries.

SamuraiSWISH
08-27-2016, 05:23 PM
None probably but to compete with them ...

Hakeem
Garnett
Bird
Kobe
Pippen

BigKAT
08-27-2016, 05:24 PM
None probably but to compete with them ...

Hakeem
Garnett
Bird
Kobe
Pippen

Who runs Point?

Kobe?

Or maybe Hakeem from the post?

I guess either could work but should probably give up on either Bird/Pippen and get yourself a PG.

FKAri
08-27-2016, 05:37 PM
Kidd(I just think he fits nicely)
Kobe
Bird
Hakeem
Shaq

Akrazotile
08-27-2016, 05:45 PM
Snap, you could give them a run for their money woth just an all-time Laker team (excluding players in the OP)

Fisher
West
Baylor
Wilt
Shaq

The two most clutch shooters in Laker history, a crazy athletic slashing SF, and the two most dominant bigs in history.

K Xerxes
08-27-2016, 06:19 PM
It's probably the most possible talent on one team, but with horrible spacing. I'm not sure LeBron is much use on offense when Magic runs the point, MJ is the primary scorer, and Kareem & Duncan need to get theirs too. He's much more useful on a team of scrubs.

For a team to combat that, something like:

Stockton
Kobe
Pippen
Bird
Hakeem

Both Kobe and Bird lethal from range. Stockton can run the point effectively. Great defense on 4 out of the 5 positions, with 2 arguably the best perimeter and inside defenders of all time.

ArbitraryWater
08-27-2016, 06:21 PM
Dont put in Kobe, please.. put in prime Wade, for starters.

Bankaii
08-27-2016, 06:22 PM
Who runs Point?

Kobe?

I guess either could work but should probably give up on either Bird/Pippen and get yourself a PG.
I'm pretty sure that's what Pippen is for, he's playing point-forward. He's also versatile enough to guard Magic effectively.

Akrazotile
08-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Dont put in Kobe, please.. put in prime Wade, for starters.

This.

How are you gonna counter Michael with someone who is literally an inferior carbon copy of him?? On defense MJ is gonna literally know exactly what Kobe is gonna do since all his moves are stolen from MJ. And Kobe is a soft defender, Michael would torch him mercilessly on offense..

Wade is a good choice, even guys like Reggie Miller and Ginobili make more sense.

With Kobe youre basically gonna have the guy with the worst matchup taking the most shots :facepalm

Psileas
08-28-2016, 08:59 AM
Payton
West
Bird
Russell
Wilt

sunnyboy91
08-28-2016, 11:07 AM
Olajuwan
Duncan
LeBron
MJ
Stockton

Big164
08-28-2016, 11:07 AM
C Wilt
PF Olajuwon
SF Pippen
SG Vince
PG Steph

Speed, Rebounding, defensive, and 3ball advantage. Vince is the weakest link obviously but would take Mj off his game by luring him into a dunk contest.

SamuraiSWISH
08-28-2016, 11:10 AM
Who runs Point?

Kobe?

Need Pippen for defense, and he would run the point forward spot.

sunnyboy91
08-28-2016, 11:27 AM
C Wilt
PF Olajuwon
SF Pippen
SG Vince
PG Steph

Speed, Rebounding, defensive, and 3ball advantage. Vince is the weakest link obviously but would take Mj off his game by luring him into a dunk contest.
Nice troll post

SouBeachTalents
08-28-2016, 12:49 PM
Stockton
Wade
Bird
Hakeem
Shaq

PG is by far the toughest position to choose from, could have definitely went with Curry/Payton/Kidd/CP3/Isiah/Nash as well

IGOTGAME
08-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Steph
Kobe
Kawhi Leonard
KG
Shaq

I don't know how you deal with Shaq when you have Steph out there hunting shots.

you need Kobe in there because you can't trust Steph to be a playmaker when it gets tough.

rmt
08-28-2016, 04:11 PM
Olajuwan
Duncan
LeBron
MJ
Stockton

That'd be a great team on defense too - although Stockton vs Magic?

NuggetsFan
08-28-2016, 08:41 PM
Hakeem/B.Wallace
KG/R.Wallace
Bird/Pippen
Ray Allen/Reggie Miller
Chris Paul/Jason Kidd

This would be my team. Best combo of potential chemistry, versatility, defense, shooting. Allen/Miller are crucial because they don't need the ball. Can come off screens, constant movement, amazing spacing. CP3/Kidd don't need many shots and can defend, rebound, run an efficient offense. Hakeem can be the focal point of an offense and carry a team. B.Wallace/KG/Pippen as role players are the best potential defensive front court. Bird/Pippen are obvious choices.

tpols
08-28-2016, 08:44 PM
Wilt
KG
Bird
Kobe
Kidd

That'd be a great team on defense too - although Stockton vs Magic?

this is a good point.. you need a big point guard.

Dray n Klay
08-28-2016, 08:53 PM
Wilt
KG
Bird
Kobe
Kidd

this is a good point.. you need a big point guard.

lol, stop trying to fit Kobe in every team you list just cause you stan him :oldlol:

Kobe would be a horrible fit for that team, but you're too simple minded to see through your biases.

Prometheus
08-28-2016, 10:30 PM
Penny
Ray
Scottie
KG
Dream

Or

Steph
Bean
Larry
Dirk
Shaq

Or

GP
Ray
Pippen
Russell
Dream

LAZERUSS
08-28-2016, 11:05 PM
Payton
West
Bird
Russell
Wilt

:cheers:

BTW, maybe replace Russell with McAdoo, Dirk, or Garnett.

And then bring in Moses "the Kareem-Killer" off the bench.