PDA

View Full Version : Players who were close to being Top 10 all-time but couldn't quite make the cut...

Dray n Klay
08-28-2016, 04:48 PM
Jerry West

Dirk

Oscar Robertson

Julius Erving

Karl Malone

Scottie Pippen

Kobe Bryant

Kevin Garnett

Who else?

SouBeachTalents
08-28-2016, 04:49 PM
Moses deserves mention, definitely over Pippen :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
08-28-2016, 05:05 PM
Different comparision

Pippen has co-1st option rings

Kobe's rings were won on 15 ppg on 37% FG performances :confusedshrug:

Wait, what? :oldlol:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11325247_460497867462373_1535660201_n.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BESnCrgCAAEHKku.jpg

LostCause
08-28-2016, 05:23 PM
Pippen shouldn't be near a Top 10. That's not the sort of player he was nor the sort of impact he had. He could be in the Top 25-30 though, and be a more natural fit

Kobe is arguably Top 10

Anyway, I don't know what the true consensus Top 10 is here but a couple people who hover around that mark in my opinion are:

(Who weren't mentioned in the OP)
John Havlicek
Moses Malone
David Robinson
Bob Pettit
Walt Frazier
Elgin Baylor

It makes no sense to put Pippen ahead of those guys.

EDIT: Actually, including current players, Wade should also hover around this area

NBAGOAT
08-28-2016, 09:20 PM
I wonder why OP didn't mention Barkley. :oldlol: Talk about taking it personal.

sammichoffate
08-28-2016, 10:12 PM
Ok fine,

So you're saying Kobe's 2000-2002 should be compared to LeBrons 2007, 2011?? :oldlol:

Ouch, you're saying Kobe's 'achievements' of winning 3 rings is no better than LeBrons 2 worst Finals

Haha! :lol :banana:You wanna add 2015 too? Cuz that comes out to
25 Points 9 rebounds 4.3 TOVs on 40.9% FG

:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

Dray n Klay
08-28-2016, 10:26 PM
This guy is basically saying that Kobe's 2000-2002 'championship runs' is worth no more than LeBrons worst finals runs in 2007 and 2011 :lol :banana:

So now that we confirm Kobe in 2000-2002 = LeBron in 2007 and 2011, we can move on

Time to compare Kobe's 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, to LeBrons 2012-2016, care to post the stats? :yaohappy: :oldlol:

LAZERUSS
08-28-2016, 11:13 PM
Hakeem, Dr. J, and Moses.

If you include Erving's ABA years, he was right there with Bird, too.

Lebronxrings
08-28-2016, 11:22 PM
This guy is basically saying that Kobe's 2000-2002 'championship runs' is worth no more than LeBrons worst finals runs in 2007 and 2011 :lol :banana:

So now that we confirm Kobe in 2000-2002 = LeBron in 2007 and 2011, we can move on

Time to compare Kobe's 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, to LeBrons 2012-2016, care to post the stats? :yaohappy: :oldlol:
dam

Smoke117
08-29-2016, 12:53 AM
The legit worst poster on the board making posts like he actually knows basketball...typical ish retards...holy Shit.

LostCause
08-29-2016, 06:04 AM
OP gets banned for trolling. Comes back and continues trolling right where he left off.

Why not just IP ban idiots like him? They do nothing for the betterment of this site. It's people like that which is why the site has a bad name.

I agree

Mr Feeny
08-29-2016, 09:20 AM
Kobe and Shaqs Finals averages 2000-2002

Shaq - 35.9 points 15.2 rebounds 59.5% FG

Kobe - 22.0 points 6.1 rebounds 42.5% FG

:confusedshrug: :dancin

Lol those count less than Pippen rings:lol

SwayDizzle
08-29-2016, 09:56 AM
The legit worst poster on the board making posts like he actually knows basketball...typical ish retards...holy Shit.
I concur

GrapeApe
08-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Different comparision

Pippen has co-1st option rings

Kobe's rings were won on 15 ppg on 37% FG performances :confusedshrug:

Care to post Jordan and Pippen's scoring averages for those championship runs? As co-1st options I'd expect them to be pretty similar.

iamgine
08-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Care to post Jordan and Pippen's scoring averages for those championship runs? As co-1st options I'd expect them to be pretty similar.
90-91 playoff run

Jordan 24.5 PPG
Pippen 23.7 PPG

Mr Feeny
08-29-2016, 11:02 AM
90-91 playoff run

Jordan 24.5 PPG
Pippen 23.7 PPG

Those aren't even close to being true.

Jordan's numbers in the 91 run were: 31.1 ppg, 8.4 apg, 6.4 rpg, 2.4 spg and 1.4 bpg on 52.5%fg

Pippen averaged 21.6 ppg and 5.8 apg.
For his career, Pippen was a 17.x ppg scorer while Jordan was a 33.4 ppg scorer.

For the 1st 3 peat, Pippen averaged 20 ppg in the playoffs. For the second, he was at 17-18 ppg.

I'm curious as to where you plucked those random numbers from.

Doranku
08-29-2016, 11:06 AM
Those aren't even close to being true.

Jordan's numbers in the 91 run were: 31.1 ppg, 8.4 apg, 6.4 rpg, 2.4 spg and 1.4 bpg on 52.5%fg

Pippen averaged 21.6 ppg and 5.8 apg.
For his career, Pippen was a 17.x ppg scorer while Jordan was a 33.4 ppg scorer.

For the 1st 3 peat, Pippen averaged 20 ppg in the playoffs. For the second, he was at 17-18 ppg.

I'm curious as to where you plucked those random numbers from.

God Jordan was a scoring machine in the playoffs. Dude averaged 30+ in the playoffs every single year, except for his rookie season where he averaged 29. :bowdown: GOAT.

Mr Feeny
08-29-2016, 11:12 AM
God Jordan was a scoring machine in the playoffs. Dude averaged 30+ in the playoffs every single year, except for his rookie season where he averaged 29. :bowdown: GOAT.

Are we gonna pretend that Lebron's scoring is not also impressive?:coleman:

Jameerthefear
08-29-2016, 11:53 AM
Agreed with OP but Pippen should definitely be a bit higher on that list.

LostCause
08-29-2016, 01:29 PM
Are we gonna pretend that Lebron's scoring is not also impressive?:coleman:

Curious. Do you feel Lebron is underrated if he isn't mentioned when praise is given to others?

Bernkastel
08-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Kobe is still in a lot of top ten lists for GOAT (and so are one or two others on your list). Why are you including them?

pauk
08-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Dont forget John Havlicek

When he retired at his time he probably was a top 10 all-time player..... Kareem, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Hakeem and later Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron didnt exist....

Mr Feeny
08-29-2016, 02:28 PM
Curious. Do you feel Lebron is underrated if he isn't mentioned when praise is given to others?

:facepalm
Future negged

LostCause
08-29-2016, 03:29 PM
:facepalm
Future negged

Just wondering what the point of adding this:

Are we gonna pretend that Lebron's scoring is not also impressive?

Was when Jordan was being discussed. No one mentioned or forgot about Bron. Seems insecure, does it not? (You'll answer no to that, but objectively, it certainly does)

ImKobe
08-29-2016, 03:57 PM
lol at Lebron in 2007 or 2011 was even close to 3-Peat Kobe in terms of showing up in the Finals

Kobe 2000 was injured, you take away the game he played 9 minutes in and injured his ankle he still averaged more points than prime Lebron in 2011 and while Kobe's 2000 Finals efficiency isn't that impressive he won them the biggest game of the series with Shaq fouled out on the road.

a healthy Kobe never averaged sub-20 ppg in the Finals
Kobe never averaged 5+ turnovers in the Finals

unlike Lebron, Kobe has actually made a shot to tie or win the game in the Finals
unlike Lebron, Kobe has won more than half of his Finals

and Kobe won with 1 all-star on his team twice and has led a team with 0 all-stars to the Finals just like Lebron, who has only won a ring with 2 all-star players. (don't even try to say that Kyrie and Love aren't all-star players)

SouBeachTalents
08-29-2016, 03:58 PM
lol at Lebron in 2007 or 2011 was even close to 3-Peat Kobe in terms of showing up in the Finals

Kobe 2000 was injured, you take away the game he played 9 minutes in and injured his ankle he still averaged more points than prime Lebron in 2011 and while Kobe's 2000 Finals efficiency isn't that impressive he won them the biggest game of the series with Shaq fouled out on the road.

a healthy Kobe never averaged sub-20 ppg in the Finals
Kobe never averaged 5+ turnovers in the Finals

unlike Lebron, Kobe has actually made a shot to tie or win the game in the Finals
unlike Lebron, Kobe has won more than half of his Finals

and Kobe won with 1 all-star on his team twice and has led a team with 0 all-stars to the Finals just like Lebron, who has only won a ring with 2 all-star players. (don't even try to say that Kyrie and Love aren't all-star players)

Unlike Kobe, LeBron has 3 FMVP's

Dray n Klay
08-29-2016, 04:01 PM
:cry: excuses excuses for my poor Bean :( :cry:

Fact of the matter

2000-2002 Finals Kobe : 22/6/4 on 41%

2007/2011 Finals LeBron: 20/9/7 on 42%

Kobes 2000-2002 Finals means little more than LeBrons 2007/2011 :biggums:

This means that Kobe's first 3 rings are basically cancelled out by LeBrons 2007 and 2011 Finals :eek:

Care to compare Kobe's 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010 Finals to LeBrons 2012-2016 now?

jstern
08-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Wait, what? :oldlol:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11325247_460497867462373_1535660201_n.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BESnCrgCAAEHKku.jpg

Those are misleading stats though. With Shaq being triple teamed and being the focus of the defense.

branslowski
08-29-2016, 04:30 PM
Those are misleading stats though. With Shaq being triple teamed and being the focus of the defense.

Obvious response from a d!ckhead who never watched those Lakers teams. Shaq was getting doubled n tripled by Rick Foxs, Samari Walker, and Robert Horry defenders, not Kobe's. Both Kobe and Shaq were important to those championship runs. Don't let a legally retarded op confuse you.

And Kwame Brown must have been tripled team when Kobe was droppin 35ppg on the league also, cause there's just no way Kobe could put up those numbers without a dominant big man getting doubled. F*ckin d!ckhead.:facepalm

Mr Feeny
08-29-2016, 04:36 PM
Obvious response from a d!ckhead who never watched those Lakers teams. Shaq was getting doubled n tripled by Rick Foxs, Samari Walker, and Robert Horry defenders, not Kobe's. Both Kobe and Shaq were important to those championship runs. Don't let a legally retarded op confuse you.

And Kwame Brown must have been tripled team when Kobe was droppin 35ppg on the league also, cause there's just no way Kobe could put up those numbers without a dominant big man getting doubled. F*ckin d!ckhead.:facepalm

You sound mad. Put the pipe down.
We all watched those series. Shaq was commanding double and triple teams and Kobe was isolated on single coverage on Malik Rose and Eric Snow in his best playoff run of the 3 peat.
Predictable, he shot a horrific 41%fg when it counted, 1 on 1 against Eric Snow.

You can be made that Lebron is 10 spots higher than your idol on the all time list, I thought throwing a tantrum.

branslowski
08-29-2016, 04:51 PM
You sound mad. Put the pipe down.
We all watched those series. Shaq was commanding double and triple teams and Kobe was isolated on single coverage on Malik Rose and Eric Snow in his best playoff run of the 3 peat.
Predictable, he shot a horrific 41%fg when it counted, 1 on 1 against Eric Snow.

You can be made that Lebron is 10 spots higher than your idol on the all time list, I thought throwing a tantrum.

Idiot, the poster I replied to was discussing the playoff numbers Kobe put up with Shaq...You know, the 29-6-5 during the 15-1 playoff record, and he said the numbers were misleading because Shaq was doubled and tripled team...He's basically saying Kobe was open cause Shaq was getting tripled n thats why Kobe had those numbers, when in actuality the onlt players that benefited from Shaq getting doubled was Horry, Fox, and Walker because THEIR man left them open to double Shaq.

We talkin bout the whole 16 games in 01', n u jumpin in being a dumbazz lost d!ckhead once again talkin bout 2 series from 2 diff years...Then you just bringing up LeBron for no reason at all spewing non factual bs, talkin bout 10 spots n sh!t, Kobes top 7 All Time Factually, Get off of BSPNs d!ck, they got yawl idiots believing anything smh...

Go sit on the yellow bus with Op where you belong since you both love being retarded on purpose for attention. Yawl the Yung Thugs of this message board. And yawl know yawl retarded so I don't even know why yawl even try to take place in bball discussions when the whole board just gonna call yawl out on it. The only ppl who believe the BS you spew are the ones sitting next to you on the shortbus. Drayklay, Scuzzy, Winningfam n other alts and idiots who are known trolls.

💯

jstern
08-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Idiot, the poster I replied to was discussing the playoff numbers Kobe put up with Shaq...You know, the 29-6-5 during the 15-1 playoff record, and he said the numbers were misleading because Shaq was doubled and tripled team...He's basically saying Kobe was open cause Shaq was getting tripled n thats why Kobe had those numbers, when in actuality the onlt players that benefited from Shaq getting doubled was Horry, Fox, and Walker because THEIR man left them open to double Shaq.

We talkin bout the whole 16 games in 01', n u jumpin in being a dumbazz lost d!ckhead once again talkin bout 2 series from 2 diff years...Then you just bringing up LeBron for no reason at all spewing non factual bs, talkin bout 10 spots n sh!t, Kobes top 7 All Time Factually, Get off of BSPNs d!ck, they got yawl idiots believing anything smh...

Go sit on the yellow bus with Op where you belong since you both love being retarded on purpose for attention. Yawl the Yung Thugs of this message board. And yawl know yawl retarded so I don't even know why yawl even try to take place in bball discussions when the whole board just gonna call yawl out on it. The only ppl who believe the BS you spew are the ones sitting next to you on the shortbus. Drayklay, Scuzzy, Winningfam n other alts and idiots who are known trolls.

💯
The point is not that Horry, Fox, and Walker were left open, the point is that Shaq was getting tripled teamed which affected his average, and a top 12 player of all time was left to go one on one.

ArbitraryWater
08-29-2016, 05:07 PM
The point is not that Horry, Fox, and Walker were left open, the point is that Shaq was getting tripled teamed which affected his average, and a top 12 player of all time was left to go one on one.

exactly.. being a top 12 player is obviously great also, but its not Shaq status

Mr Feeny
08-29-2016, 05:29 PM

💯

Before I lifted a finger to reply to this page long asinine rant, I see that jstern and a.w. have put it in simple terms to you and saved me the time. 1 man, Shaq was facing triple teams, while the other had single coverage against the Eric Snows of the world and still stunk up the place to the tune of 41%fg.

Tis all.

Inferno
08-29-2016, 06:05 PM
:roll:

branslowski
08-29-2016, 11:59 PM

But ur saying Kobe only had good numbers because Shaq was doubled. So why did he have better numbers playing with Kwame? Do you not see the d!ckheadness in ur post?...Instead of recongning that Kobe got his numbers in the playoffs off his talents, you try to say its misleading because he played with Shaq?!?...So therefore ur saying he couldn't get buckets on his own yet he avg better numbers with Kwame??...D!ckhead.

Mr Freeney, just cause 2 obvious LeBron gobblers agree with you doesn't make it fact...Like these idiots talking bout 12th place...It's opinion of BSPN that u trolls like to latch ur tongue to...But tis is Facts:

Kobe Top 5 All Time in:

All Time points
All Time Playoff points
All Defensive Teams
All NBA Teams
Playoff Steals

When it comes to All Time Players with Total Titles and Finals MVPs combined, he's top 7 in that aswell

I'm not even adding in the Top 5 All Time in 40pt, 50pt, and 60pt games, with scoring being the most important part of the game.

I mean once again, the FACTS have Kobe Top 7...There's no argument.. You idiot azz trolls sound so dumb with the 12be BSPN opinionated biased sh!t..N its always the same troll posters.

End/

Round Mound
08-30-2016, 12:16 AM
Barkley statistically is Top 10. MJ, Kareem and Wilt are the Top 3.

Mr Feeny
08-30-2016, 12:41 AM
But ur saying Kobe only had good numbers because Shaq was doubled. So why did he have better numbers playing with Kwame? Do you not see the d!ckheadness in ur post?...Instead of recongning that Kobe got his numbers in the playoffs off his talents, you try to say its misleading because he played with Shaq?!?...So therefore ur saying he couldn't get buckets on his own yet he avg better numbers with Kwame??...D!ckhead.

Mr Freeney, just cause 2 obvious LeBron gobblers agree with you doesn't make it fact...Like these idiots talking bout 12th place...It's opinion of BSPN that u trolls like to latch ur tongue to...But tis is Facts:

Kobe Top 5 All Time in:

All Time points
All Time Playoff points
All Defensive Teams
All NBA Teams
Playoff Steals

When it comes to All Time Players with Total Titles and Finals MVPs combined, he's top 7 in that aswell

I'm not even adding in the Top 5 All Time in 40pt, 50pt, and 60pt games, with scoring being the most important part of the game.

I mean once again, the FACTS have Kobe Top 7...There's no argument.. You idiot azz trolls sound so dumb with the 12be BSPN opinionated biased sh!t..N its always the same troll posters.

End/

It's obvious Kobe had better numbers because he had single coverage because Shaq was triple teamed. This isn't rocket science.

Kobe is also a better player than Kwame Brown. I'm not sure what you're proving.

Kobe is definitely not top 7 or anywhere near that. Mentioning "facts" and then claiming that Kobe is a top 7 player is one of the most laughable things anyone on the board could have written.

Finally, if you would construct a coherent a sentence for once, people would have an easier time reading and answering your posts.

34-24 Footwork
08-30-2016, 01:25 AM
Lol @ Kobe always having single coverage. I thought this myth was shat on multiple times already on ISH.

Not many people watched basketball in 2006 on this site....let alone 2000...

Mr Feeny
08-30-2016, 02:50 AM
Lol @ Kobe not mainly having single coverage. I thought this myth was shat on multiple times already on ISH.

Not many people watched basketball in 2006 on this site....let alone 2000...

Agreed! Prime diesel leaves you isolating against Eric Snow on single coverage! :banana:

jstern
08-30-2016, 04:42 PM

Kobe Top 5 All Time in:

All Time points
All Time Playoff points
All Defensive Teams
All NBA Teams
Playoff Steals

End/
It's simple common sense. If you're leader is the most dominant force in NBA history, and that force is constantly getting tripled teamed, and you're a top 12 talent, those factors are going to help your numbers, with you not being the main focus of the defense. For some reason it didn't translate well into the Finals. Maybe Kobe was too young, then again his Finals weren't all that great later on in his career.

As for Kwame. Of course Kobe put up better number, points per game wise after Shaq left. Just like 21 year old Lebron put up better numbers, 30+ year old Iverson put up better numbers, 30+ year old Steve Nash, and just about every other perimeter players put up better numbers. They soften the rules to make it a more perimeter friendly game.

aj1987
08-30-2016, 04:48 PM
Barkley statistically is Top 10. MJ, Kareem and Wilt are the Top 3.
Statistically?

MJ
KAJ
Shaq
LeBron
Bird
Wilt
Magic
Hakeem
Malone
West
Oscar
Baylor

Off the top of my head.

34-24 Footwork
08-30-2016, 05:23 PM
Kobe was literally TRIPLE TEAMED and DOUBLE TEAMED in the 2001 finals.

Kobe most dominant force ever.

NBASTATMAN
08-30-2016, 06:48 PM
Jerry West

Dirk

Oscar Robertson

Julius Erving

Karl Malone

Scottie Pippen

Kobe Bryant

Kevin Garnett

Who else?

Putting Scottie near Kobe on bball list is a disgrace.. Kobe was a top tier player while Scottie was a great second fiddle.. Barkley is as good as anyone on that list not named Kobe..

aj1987
08-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Without injuries, Wade would've quite easily ended his career, if not in the top 10, pretty damn close to it.

Round Mound
08-30-2016, 08:52 PM
Statistically?

MJ
KAJ
Shaq
LeBron
Bird
Wilt
Magic
Hakeem
Malone
West
Oscar
Baylor

Off the top of my head.

EFF, PER, Wins Share Per 48 Min, +/-...Adavanced Stats....

dubnation
08-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Kobe was literally TRIPLE TEAMED and DOUBLE TEAMED in the 2001 finals.

Kobe most dominant force ever.

Dray n Klay
08-30-2016, 09:01 PM
Without injuries, Wade would've quite easily ended his career, if not in the top 10, pretty damn close to it.

This might be the dumbest thing I've heard.

Considering Wade's peak is not even in the Top 20, how the hell does he magically get in the Top 10 even when healthy? :hammerhead:

Lebronxrings
08-30-2016, 10:11 PM
:roll: :facepalm :facepalm

LAZERUSS
08-31-2016, 01:24 AM

Misleading alright...

Watch this footage of Kobe in game one of the '01 series against the Spurs (45-10)...when he DUNKING all over BOTH Duncan and Robinson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0HtbJFEzJM

Same thing in game three...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QWdsVQN_BE

Kobe CARRIED the Lakers past the Spurs in '01, '02 (Shaq was a POS in the '02 series), and again later on in '08 when he blistered the double-teams of Spurs, including Bruce Bowen, and then repeatedly drove the lane and put up point blank shots against Duncan.

Game five of the '08 Spurs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aXVxcLm2qQ

He was also at the very least, the EQUAL of Shaq in the '04 WCF's against the Spurs, AND was CLEARLY their best player in the clincher...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200405150LAL.html

When he scored 12 4th quarter points (Shaq had 5), and led the Lakers to the Finals.

ENOUGH of the lies.

aj1987
08-31-2016, 03:45 AM
Kobe CARRIED the Lakers past the Spurs in '01, '02 (Shaq was a POS in the '02 series)
I know that you're retarded beyond belief, just the the two about you, but really?

2001 - 27/13/3/1/1 on 54%, while holding Duncan to 23/12 on 48% (25/15 on 50% before the WCF)

2002 - 21/12/3/1/3 on 45% while shutting down the paint and holding Duncan to 42%

This, while going up against Duncan AND Robinson.

He was also at the very least, the EQUAL of Shaq in the '04 WCF's against the Spurs, AND was CLEARLY their best player in the clincher...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200405150LAL.html

When he scored 12 4th quarter points (Shaq had 5), and led the Lakers to the Finals.
23/15/2/4 on 64% and held Duncan to 21/12 on 47% (Duncan averaged 22/12 on 50% in the RS and 24/10 on 59% in the prior round, BTW).

FOH, kid.

Chokebe averaged 15 PPG on 36 in the '00 Finals, while Shaq was putting up 38 and 17 on 61%. Chokebe averaged 22 PPG on 42% over 3 straight Finals, while Shaq was putting up 35/15.

This might be the dumbest thing I've heard.

Considering Wade's peak is not even in the Top 20, how the hell does he magically get in the Top 10 even when healthy?
Since you know absolutely nothing about the game of basketball, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

SwayDizzle
08-31-2016, 04:09 AM
time to end this argument once and for all.

Shaq would NOT have made 3 finals in a row without Kobe. And guess what? Kobe did it again WITHOUT Shaq.

Kobe is top 10 and there's no questioning that. top 5 is a debate. I have him firmly in the #5 spot.

Mr Feeny
08-31-2016, 04:37 AM
time to end this argument once and for all.

Shaq would have made 10 finals in a row without a Lebron . And guess what? Kobe faiked to win 3 titles without a top 10 GOAT unlike lebron.

Kobe is 12th at best and there's no questioning that. top 15 is a debate. I have him firmly in the #12 spot.

Ok! :lebronamazed:

warriorfan
08-31-2016, 04:42 AM
Kobe is just better than bran, deal with it.

SwayDizzle
08-31-2016, 07:10 AM
Ok! :lebronamazed:
We saw what happened when snaq and lj teamed up looool

aj1987
08-31-2016, 07:18 AM
We saw what happened when snaq and lj teamed up looool
Shaq was 37 (nearing 38), when he went to the Cavs and was putting up 12/7/2/1 on 57%, won 61 games and made it to the ECSF. Meanwhile, Chokebe was putting 18/4/3 on 36% and "carrying" the Lakers to their worst record in franchise history.

SwayDizzle
08-31-2016, 07:27 AM
Shaq was 37 (nearing 38), when he went to the Cavs and was putting up 12/7/2/1 on 57%, won 61 games and made it to the ECSF. Meanwhile, Chokebe was putting 18/4/3 on 36% and "carrying" the Lakers to their worst record in franchise history.
Kobe made two season clinching free throws with a torn achilles. Then did the incredible by returning after such a career ending injury, then put up 18/4/3 on 36% and 60 points in his final game. I MEAN WOW. :bowdown:

aj1987
08-31-2016, 07:47 AM
Kobe made two season clinching free throws with a torn achilles. Then did the incredible by returning after such a career ending injury, then put up 18/4/3 on 36% and 60 points in his final game. I MEAN WOW. :bowdown:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

The Lakers won the next two games WITHOUT Kobe and made the PO's. Against a 58 win full strength Spurs and 45 win Rockets.

Also, are you really glorifying 18/4/3 on 36% and a 17 win season? :wtf:

SwayDizzle
08-31-2016, 07:56 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

The Lakers won the next two games WITHOUT Kobe and made the PO's. Against a 58 win full strength Spurs and 45 win Rockets.

Also, are you really glorifying 18/4/3 on 36% and a 17 win season? :wtf:
You do realize he put up those stats on one foot right?
If he had two feet, he would have put up 36/8/6 on 72%. WOW. :bowdown:

aj1987
08-31-2016, 08:09 AM
You do realize he put up those stats on one foot right?
If he had two feet, he would have put up 36/8/6 on 72%. WOW. :bowdown:
We aren't talking about LeBron, dude. Try to keep up.

SwayDizzle
08-31-2016, 08:15 AM
We aren't talking about LeBron, dude. Try to keep up.
Prime lebron vs 37 year old kobe. I'll take it. There's a reason why kobe is up 5 spots on lebron.

aj1987
08-31-2016, 08:19 AM
Peak Kobe vs 37 year old Shaq. I'll take it. There's a reason why Shaq is up 15 spots on Chokebe.
Damn!

:cheers: