PDA

View Full Version : Fmvps and total Mvps>rings when comparing players

TheWinningFam
08-31-2016, 12:47 PM
If you won fmvp you probably won the title, there's only one close to getting fmvp while losing in modern nba

It's way more "alpha" to be the best player in the finals right?

Using total Mvps is much more consistent than just rings as well.

Dray n Klay
08-31-2016, 12:50 PM
Honestly if you win a championship without winning FMVP, it's almost as if you didn't win at all

BigKAT
08-31-2016, 12:52 PM
Mostly true.
But every once in a while you have those 'Well someone had to get it' FMVP's. Whom are players who just stepped up in the finals and aren't really superstars.

Iggy.
Chauncy Billups.
Tony Parker.

But yeah, if you DIDN'T win FMVP, it's a real blow against your legacy.
I'm just saying not all FMVP were born equal.

Akrazotile
08-31-2016, 12:55 PM
So Kobe and Curry have played in 9 total finals, but they only have two COMBINED fmvps?

The Kobe/Curry Fam is 2-9???

While Lebron HIMSELF has three FMVP?! :lebronamazed:

What a time this is. God damn.

TheWinningFam
08-31-2016, 12:55 PM
Mostly true.
But every once in a while you have those 'Well someone had to get it' FMVP's. Whom are players who just stepped up in the finals and aren't really superstars.

Iggy.
Chauncy Billups.
Tony Parker.

But yeah, if you DIDN'T win FMVP, it's a real blow against your legacy.
I'm just saying not all FMVP were born equal.
The difference is you can fluke win 1 or 2 fmvps playing on a stacked team but the general top 5-10 consistently have 3+ Fmvps there's no player with 3+ fmvps that's not considered top 10 can't say the same with rings

toprange
08-31-2016, 01:03 PM
If you won fmvp you probably won the title, there's only one close to getting fmvp while losing in modern nba

It's way more "alpha" to be the best player in the finals right?

Using total Mvps is much more consistent than just rings as well.
Unless the FMVP is from a team full of stars and superstars similar to an allstar team or a USA team. Nobody really pays attention to that kind of MVP. So Lebron is automatically disqualified

Steven Kerry
08-31-2016, 01:10 PM
We should decide greatest players by total number of fan votes for all-star games. I'm sure this would satisfy Kobe fans.

toprange
08-31-2016, 01:15 PM
We should decide greatest players by total number of fan votes for all-star games. I'm sure this would satisfy Kobe fans.
Well you are already basing it off allstar/USA Basketball type MVPs so you wouldn't be far off

BigKAT
08-31-2016, 01:23 PM
The difference is you can fluke win 1 or 2 fmvps playing on a stacked team but the general top 5-10 consistently have 3+ Fmvps there's no player with 3+ fmvps that's not considered top 10 can't say the same with rings

You went to the extream but yeah that's pretty accurate.

3 FMVP and you're definetly in elite company.
Same could be said for 2, I don't think someone can fluke two of those.

I mean Hakeem and Kobe are no scrubs either.

But there's no doubt that 3 > 2

Lebronxrings
08-31-2016, 01:35 PM
rings are team accomplishments.

MVPs and to some extent fmvps are individual achievements.