PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant at PF is a huge mistake

swagga
08-31-2016, 03:17 PM
imo this is a huge mistake:
- fragile player will have to defend strong players, really bad for his longevity
- will get posted up all the time and will get fatigued, shot might not fall when it matters, will also let a lot of points on post ups.
- he'll get in foul trouble really easy if he tries to defend
- can't contest the paint against big SFs/PFs/Cs
- gsw will bleed offensive rebounds
- if draymond or zaza rotate then it's an EASY offensive rebound or a defensive collapse.
- will not be exposed that much in the regular season (refs will help them, teams don't try, many teams play smallball to fill the arena) and it'll give gsw a false sense of security, in the playoffs this will be a bitch.

Imo it's pretty obvious when you think of it.

hold this L
08-31-2016, 03:30 PM
This will be used in short bursts during the Death Squad line up which is fine. I really think you're overthinking it. He'll play SF for most of the game. As for bleeding offensive rebounds, dude Barnes was the scrub that got rebounds in his place. Durant will average 4-5 more rebounds that Harrison Cheeks Barnes.

Coach Eddie
08-31-2016, 03:35 PM
It will be fine.

Dro
08-31-2016, 03:42 PM
He'll be fine. If Aminu can play PF, so can Durant.

Bankaii
08-31-2016, 03:48 PM
This will be used in short bursts during the Death Squad line up which is fine. I really think you're overthinking it. He'll play SF for most of the game. As for bleeding offensive rebounds, dude Barnes was the scrub that got rebounds in his place. Durant will average 4-5 more rebounds that Harrison Cheeks Barnes.
The "death lineup" was used in the Finals moments of every game.
So in clutch moments you're looking at Curry/Klay/Iggy/KD/Dray.
Barnes isn't an amazing defender but he's stronger in the post than Durant. Lebron/Millsap/Pau&Aldridge/AD, etc are going to feast on him.

hold this L
08-31-2016, 03:53 PM
The "death lineup" was used in the Finals moments of every game.
So in clutch moments you're looking at Curry/Klay/Iggy/KD/Dray.
Barnes isn't an amazing defender but he's stronger in the post than Durant. Lebron/Millsap/Pau&Aldridge/AD, etc are going to feast on him.
Barnes sucked in the PS defensively as well though. He is stronger, but Durant is bigger and is going to be a genuine blocking force on his position. There were games defensively vs OKC where Warriors need to switch things up because Barnes was getting feasted. He fcking sucked so much this play off year, it was like playing 4v5. :facepalm

bdreason
08-31-2016, 04:01 PM
There's only a handful of PF's in the league who even play from the post anymore.

BedroomBully
08-31-2016, 05:01 PM
There's only a handful of PF's in the league who even play from the post anymore.
The fact that KD will be defending them is encouragement enough to go to the post!

qrich
08-31-2016, 05:38 PM
He'll be fine. If Aminu can play PF, so can Durant.

Aminu is entirely a different type of player who is willing to get scrappy.
h
Going to be nice to see Blake just bully him thoug

warriorfan
08-31-2016, 05:50 PM
OP was a mistake

Spurs m8
08-31-2016, 05:53 PM
Warrior fans are so stupid hahah

One minute - deathsquad line up is the best line up ever, f*ck Bogut

Nekminnit - WE LOST COZ WE DIDNT HAVE BOGUT

You should all be concerned by the amount of players that cant handle pressure tbh

Meticode
08-31-2016, 06:33 PM
When I read the article about it, I took it as Durant will be PF in the death lineup. Which means he'll probably be there half the time.

I find it funny because the owner said the Warriors were down playing small-ball.

swagga
08-31-2016, 07:09 PM
OP was a mistake

son you are a catatonic autistic virgin loser. I'm replying only out of pity, knowing that seeing your post quoted makes your life fuller. God bless and stay safe tbh.

swagga
08-31-2016, 07:13 PM
When I read the article about it, I took it as Durant will be PF in the death lineup. Which means he'll probably be there half the time.

I find it funny because the owner said the Warriors were down playing small-ball.

You can see the non basketball knowledgeable owners just running a franchise like a corporation, buzzwords over buzzwords. Declaring that your team is miles ahead in the nba game just after the most shameful finals loss in nba history is just :roll: :roll:

We'll see how they'll play durant, imo if he gets half his minutes at PF he'll break down as people will start to attack him.

KiiiiNG
08-31-2016, 07:15 PM
son you are a catatonic autistic virgin loser. I'm replying only out of pity, knowing that seeing your post quoted makes your life fuller. God bless and stay safe tbh.
Those paintball guns are sick though.

bdreason
08-31-2016, 09:30 PM
Going to be nice to see Blake just bully him though

Obviously DrayGod will defend Blake.

Whose gonna guard Durant though? Wesley Johnson? The corpse of Paul Pierce? :oldlol:

Bankaii
08-31-2016, 10:21 PM
Obviously DrayGod will defend Blake.

Whose gonna guard Durant though? Wesley Johnson? The corpse of Paul Pierce? :oldlol:
Durant guarding Deandre Jordan?:oldlol:
Dude would really look like Wilt out there.

CP3 on Steph
JJ/Crawford on Klay
WJ/Bass/Pierce on Iggy
Blake on KD
Deandre on Dray

Not a horrible matchup.

bdreason
09-01-2016, 01:25 AM
We won't play small against the Clippers. KD will play SF. Dray will play PF. And Varajao/Zaza will play Center.

And nobody on the Clippers can guard Durant.

Uncle Drew
09-01-2016, 03:12 AM
We won't play small against the Clippers. KD will play SF. Dray will play PF. And Varajao/Zaza will play Center.

CP3 locked Durant down just two years ago. :roll:

ralph_i_el
09-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Durant guarding Deandre Jordan?:oldlol:
Dude would really look like Wilt out there.

CP3 on Steph
JJ/Crawford on Klay
WJ/Bass/Pierce on Iggy
Blake on KD
Deandre on Dray

Not a horrible matchup.

Deandre is such a crappy offensive player though, do you really think the Clippers are going to feed him just to go at KD?

Also where is all this "Durant is weak/frail/bad a D and rebounding" coming from? He got 8 rebounds per game last year and is a very good team defender. Blake would feast on him. Zbo would feast on him, but not many other PF's would be in the position to wear him out in the post.

ralph_i_el
09-01-2016, 02:27 PM

dude averaged 28.8-10-6 against the Clippers last year, even though he shot waaaay below average from 3. Thunder won 3/4 in the series.

dunksby
09-01-2016, 02:30 PM
When did that ever happen? :eek:

IGOTGAME
09-01-2016, 02:40 PM

Durant guards himself for long stretches of time.

IGOTGAME
09-01-2016, 02:41 PM
Deandre is such a crappy offensive player though, do you really think the Clippers are going to feed him just to go at KD?

Also where is all this "Durant is weak/frail/bad a D and rebounding" coming from? He got 8 rebounds per game last year and is a very good team defender. Blake would feast on him. Zbo would feast on him, but not many other PF's would be in the position to wear him out in the post.

I would. Durant is not used to guarding bigs that physically dominant and he would likely get into foul trouble.

ralph_i_el
09-01-2016, 03:03 PM
I would. Durant is not used to guarding bigs that physically dominant and he would likely get into foul trouble.

DJ has no J and bad footwork. I wouldn't worry about it if I were Kerr. Deandre already is physically dominant over 95% of his opponents and only averages 12 ppg.

If anything, Durant's mobility and length will help prevent DJ from getting the ball on PnR plays.

IGOTGAME
09-01-2016, 03:07 PM
DJ has no J and bad footwork. I wouldn't worry about it if I were Kerr. Deandre already is physically dominant over 95% of his opponents and only averages 12 ppg.

If anything, Durant's mobility and length will help prevent DJ from getting the ball on PnR plays.

its not about scoring on Durant over the course of a game. Its about drawing fouls. Also, DJ will get a lot of offensive rebounds and putbacks against a lineup of Durant and Green.

Lebron23
09-01-2016, 04:31 PM
KD needs to watch some KG footage.