PDA

View Full Version : MJ > Lebron > Kobe

BigKAT
08-31-2016, 04:49 PM
How much can this be discussed here? Jesus.

MJ Currently tops Lebron who will forever top Kobe (Because Kobe's career is over and Lebron can only garner more accolades, he can't lose his rings and MVP's.)

Every topic here is either about this, or somehow related to this,

I mean, you read a topic whose name is 'Good big guys'.
You don't suspect a thing right? You think to yourself this is just a nice little discussion of centers and PFs, what could possibly go wrong.

Before you know it it turns into a discussion of Pau Gasol being a horrible player and how this somehow makes Kobe better then bron.

Will it ever end?

Nilocon165
08-31-2016, 04:53 PM
Repped if I could

J Shuttlesworth
08-31-2016, 04:59 PM
ISH has voted on these rankings already too, and 99% of the world agrees on those 3 as well

Yet for some reason, we have 3ball constantly making arguments about MJ > LeBron even though LeBron fans have MJ ranked above LeBron, w/ LeBron at #3 at best. 3ball is the king of straw man argument

BigKAT
08-31-2016, 05:00 PM
ISH has voted on these rankings already too, and 99% of the world agrees on those 3 as well

Yet for some reason, we have 3ball constantly making arguments about MJ > LeBron even though LeBron fans have MJ ranked above LeBron, w/ LeBron at #3 at best. 3ball is the king of straw man argument

Exactly my point.
No one here needs convincing. Yet so many topics keep popping out about that.

sunnyboy91
08-31-2016, 09:10 PM
Some guys in this forum have been severely triggered by the thread title.

Hey Yo
08-31-2016, 09:15 PM

He's the king of fudging the numbers to put more distance between MJ and LeBron than there really is.

Dudes been sweatin' bullets since the 1-3 comeback Finals win.

TheWinningFam
08-31-2016, 09:23 PM
You know youre dumb if you think apg=unselfishness. The real definition of unselfishness is sacrificing stats to accomodate teammates. Thats why kobe,duncan, russell have more rings than bran, wilt, oscar. But continue to be sheeps of espn tho. Lol
This is also why they are 100% in fmvps and all ranked above kobe...

Prometheus
08-31-2016, 09:24 PM
You know youre dumb if you think apg=unselfishness. The real definition of unselfishness is sacrificing stats to accomodate teammates. Thats why kobe,duncan, russell have more rings than bran, wilt, oscar. But continue to be sheeps of espn tho. Lol

If you think Kobe didn't care about his personal stats, then you're extremely dumb.

ShawkFactory
08-31-2016, 11:02 PM
Why so many alts my friend? To make it appear like someone respects your opinion? What a sad life. Lol
I've never seen a poster on any forum ever play the retarded cousin role quite like you can.

I hope to GOD that it's just a role. For your sake.

If it's not a role in sure your mom loves you and whatever.

talkingconch
09-01-2016, 01:31 AM
Yet lebron can't shoot and lacks fundamentals.

KirbyPls
09-01-2016, 02:46 AM
Yet lebron can't shoot and lacks fundamentals.

And better in every scoring, passing, and rebounding metric than Chuckbe. And the disparity only increases in the playoffs and Finals. :lol

toprange
09-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Only if we lower the standards then lebron > kobe. That means we have to ignore cheap tactics in sports like (PED's and colluding) and we have to credit losing if stats are good.

Mr Feeny
09-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Why is Kobe in the discussion here?:oldlol: We have two top 3 players in MJ and lebron and then a 44.7% career scorer who's 12th at best :roll:

Steven Kerry
09-01-2016, 11:40 AM
Repped if I could

We need it.

toprange
09-01-2016, 02:52 PM
How much can this be discussed here? Jesus.

MJ Currently tops Lebron who will forever top Kobe (Because Kobe's career is over and Lebron can only garner more accolades, he can't lose his rings and MVP's.)

Every topic here is either about this, or somehow related to this,

I mean, you read a topic whose name is 'Good big guys'.
You don't suspect a thing right? You think to yourself this is just a nice little discussion of centers and PFs, what could possibly go wrong.

Before you know it it turns into a discussion of Pau Gasol being a horrible player and how this somehow makes Kobe better then bron.

Will it ever end?

since you seem to want to respond reasonably. Has Lebron done anything that comes close to getting back to back championship wins and fmvps with a team that has a one-time all star as your second best player. That alone makes kobe > Lebron. And we are not even counting kobe's great contribution in the threepeat with shaq because apparently averaging 26 ppg
5 assists and 6 rebounds during the threepeat is something that is not worth mentioning

Mr Feeny
09-01-2016, 03:03 PM
since you seem to want to respond reasonably. Has Lebron done anything that comes close to getting back to back championship wins and fmvps with a team that has a one-time all star as your second best player. That alone makes kobe > Lebron. And we are not even counting kobe's great contribution in the threepeat with shaq because apparently averaging 26 ppg
5 assists and 6 rebounds during the threepeat is something that is not worth mentioning

Lebron winning the 2016 title with no all star by beating a 73 win and coming up with the only 3-1 comeback in finals history while putting up more 40 point finals games in 3 days than Kobe did in 20 years 》》》all of Kobe's accomplishments combined :roll:

As far as 3 peat goes, Kobrick averaged 20 ppg on 42% :D
How many 40 point finals games does Kobrick have btw ? :lebronamazed:

BigKAT
09-01-2016, 03:12 PM

I, (And many others, I think.) consider the last finals a greater achievement.
I don't think anything comperable has been done.

This is like the 96 Bulls losing to the Sonics.
Imagine Gary Pyton won MVP and beat a squad with COY, one of the best defensive players in the league if not all time, and the MVP. Only now imagine sonics doing it after being down 3-1, and winning game 7 away.

Mr Feeny
09-01-2016, 03:16 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/5jDoGw8F0pezS/giphy.gif

toprange
09-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Lebron winning the 2016 title with no all star by beating a 73 win and coming up with the only 3-1 comeback in finals history while putting up more 40 point finals games in 3 days than Kobe did in 20 years 》》》all of Kobe's accomplishments combined :roll:

As far as 3 peat goes, Kobrick averaged 20 ppg on 42% :D
How many 40 point finals games does Kobrick have btw ? :lebronamazed:

BigKat, these are the lebron fans I was talking to you about. The same ones that come up with kobe Ring Chasing before he joined the league. They are saying love and irving are non-allstars.

toprange
09-01-2016, 03:37 PM
I, (And many others, I think.) consider the last finals a greater achievement.
I don't think anything comperable has been done.

This is like the 96 Bulls losing to the Sonics.
Imagine Gary Pyton won MVP and beat a squad with COY, one of the best defensive players in the league if not all time, and the MVP. Only now imagine sonics doing it after being down 3-1, and winning game 7 away.

Not even close. How are you comparing a team with 3 stars at their peak going through only 1 50-win team and 1 70-win team against a team with kobe and gasol who passed their peak had to go through 7 50-win teams to get their back to back championships

BigKAT
09-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Not even close. How are you comparing a team with 3 stars at their peak going through only 1 50-win team and 1 70-win team against a team with kobe and gasol who passed their peak had to go through 7 50-win teams to get their back to back championships

I don't think you can compare.

Almost any champion went through 1/2 50 win team.

No one went through 70.

Mr Feeny
09-01-2016, 03:43 PM

No one went through 70.

Oh. My . Goodness:lol

Slayed the Kobe stan!:lol :applause:

toprange
09-01-2016, 03:47 PM

No one went through 70.
WTF but not SEVEN for 2 championships. Every team they faced during the back to back except one team was a 50-win team!!!! Do you even understand what that means. AND with a one-time all star as your second best player! But does anybody want to talk about that? NO

Mr Feeny
09-01-2016, 03:54 PM
WTF but not SEVEN for 2 championships. Every team they faced during the back to back except one team was a 50-win team!!!! Do you even understand what that means. AND with a one-time all star as your second best player! But does anybody want to talk about that? NO

How many 40 point finals games does Kobe have?
:lol

BigKAT
09-01-2016, 03:57 PM
A 50 win team is a 50 win team.

Defeating two is redundent.
Defeating three is redundent.

Why?
There's plenty rest in the playoffs.
Moreso then in the regular season, especially if you made short work of your opponet.

If I push 100 Ibs on sunday, and 100 Ibs on monday, and 100 Ibs on tuesday,

I am not more impressive then someone who only pushed 100 Ibs on sunday, and then 150 Ibs on monday.

I hope you understand my point.
He still pushed more then me.

toprange
09-01-2016, 04:04 PM
A 50 win team is a 50 win team.

Defeating two is redundent.
Defeating three is redundent.

Why?
There's plenty rest in the playoffs.
Moreso then in the regular season, especially if you made short work of your opponet.

If I push 100 Ibs on sunday, and 100 Ibs on monday, and 100 Ibs on tuesday,

I am not more impressive then someone who only pushed 100 Ibs on sunday, and then 150 Ibs on monday.

I hope you understand my point.
He still pushed more then me.

Bad response man. You are becoming one of them now

BigKAT
09-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Bad response man. You are becoming one of them now

I am a Timberwolves fan.
First NBA team whose game I watched, since I live abroad and didn't know much about NBA, I didn't know they sucked, they won the game I watched. I thought to myself, that's a great team!

One thing led to another, and I decided to stay loyal to them even after looking at the standings and seeing the horror of them being 13th at the time.

But I also recognize that Lebron is a top 5 player.
Michael Jordan is the GOAT,
And Kobe, while being an amazing player who did so much for the game, is not better then Lebron James, and likely not better then 10th all time.

That's my opinion, this does not make me a 'Bron stan'. Recognize greatness when you see it, you'll enjoy this game so much more if you just admire it for what it is instead of hate on one of the greatest of all time just out of spite.
That's all.

NBAGOAT
09-01-2016, 04:14 PM

what team actually had more talent than the Lakers in the west however? The Lakers role players like Odom were quite good even if they only had one all star. The Spurs were the only team with 3 all star level players(Ginobli didn't make it but he played at an all star level). Still, they didn't have nearly the supporting cast they did the last few years and ofc they had no one close to Kobe. The Lakers had one bad starter Fisher but he brought veteran experience and some clutch play in the playoffs. That's context that needs to be taken into account. Also a 51 win team is closer to a 48 team than a 55 win team, that's why the 50 win cutoff doesn't mean everything(highest win total Kobe faced before the Finals was 54).

toprange
09-01-2016, 06:02 PM
I am a Timberwolves fan.
First NBA team whose game I watched, since I live abroad and didn't know much about NBA, I didn't know they sucked, they won the game I watched. I thought to myself, that's a great team!

One thing led to another, and I decided to stay loyal to them even after looking at the standings and seeing the horror of them being 13th at the time.

But I also recognize that Lebron is a top 5 player.
Michael Jordan is the GOAT,
And Kobe, while being an amazing player who did so much for the game, is not better then Lebron James, and likely not better then 10th all time.

That's my opinion, this does not make me a 'Bron stan'. Recognize greatness when you see it, you'll enjoy this game so much more if you just admire it for what it is instead of hate on one of the greatest of all time just out of spite.
That's all.

I don't know man. You are claiming you are not a Bron stan. But you are clearly ignoring the cheap tactics lebron has taken to get to where he is. He left cleveland and joined up with two top 10 players in miami. He then left miami to join up with another two top 10 players. You don't see anything cheap about that? All-Time Great players do not behave like this.PERIOD. If you ignore this you are giving Bran a pass and are therefore a Bron stan

BigKAT
09-01-2016, 06:05 PM
I don't know man. You are claiming you are not a Bron stan. But you are clearly ignoring the cheap tactics lebron has taken to get to where he is. He left cleveland and joined up with two top 10 players in miami. He then left miami to join up with another two top 10 players. You don't see anything cheap about that? All-Time Great players do not behave like this.PERIOD. If you ignore this you are giving Bran a pass and are therefore a Bron stan

When Lebron signed with the Cavs they did not have Love.

They had

1. Kyrie Irving ( An all star who couldn't get his team to the playoffs)
2. Dion waiter (Lmao)
3. Rookie Wiggins
4. Tristan Thompson (Before he turned into a beast)
5. Anderson Varejao.

A 33 win team.

Not a 73 win team.
A 33 win team. With the possibility of maybe making a splash in the trade market. Lebron signed with the Cavs in very early july.

He did not join two -top 10 players-. Heck, I dont' think anyone has Kyrie as top 10 in 2014.

toprange
09-01-2016, 06:10 PM
what team actually had more talent than the Lakers in the west however? The Lakers role players like Odom were quite good even if they only had one all star. The Spurs were the only team with 3 all star level players(Ginobli didn't make it but he played at an all star level). Still, they didn't have nearly the supporting cast they did the last few years and ofc they had no one close to Kobe. The Lakers had one bad starter Fisher but he brought veteran experience and some clutch play in the playoffs. That's context that needs to be taken into account. Also a 51 win team is closer to a 48 team than a 55 win team, that's why the 50 win cutoff doesn't mean everything(highest win total Kobe faced before the Finals was 54).

Will any point I make even matter. The 3peat with shaq. Kobe was murdering the western powerhouse (and don't tell me that those teams weren't talented) But you won't give him any credit for those. And you won't give him credit for these. Only way Lebron can be greater than kobe is if you discredit everything kobe has done and make yourself believe that what you are doing is common sense.

toprange
09-01-2016, 06:27 PM

They had

2. Dion waiter (Lmao)
3. Rookie Wiggins
5. Anderson Varejao.

A 33 win team.

Not a 73 win team.
A 33 win team. With the possibility of maybe making a splash in the trade market. Lebron signed with the Cavs in very early july.

He did not join two -top 10 players-. Heck, I dont' think anyone has Kyrie as top 10 in 2014.

We all know about the collusion with Love (the texts before he joined) Love was 7 on the top 10 list the begining of that year. Kyrie was an up and coming superstar. Look at Cousins now. He has never made it into the playoffs. And Anthony Davis has been missing playoffs. So if lebron joins the both of them then we can say he is joining shitty players? Thats not how it works. You can brain wash yourself into believing all of that but then you are wasting everyone time with your brain washed beliefs

34-24 Footwork
09-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Bron played with the 3rd greatest SG ever, but only able to win 2 rings alongside him. Give Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, TMac, Kobe or Gilbert Arenas those players all at once and they 4 peat.

BigKAT
09-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Bron played with the 3rd greatest SG ever, but only able to win 2 rings alongside him. Give Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, TMac, Kobe or Gilbert Arenas those players all at once and they 4 peat.

Do I even have to say it? lol.

34-24 Footwork
09-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Do I even have to say it? lol.

If you're going to talk about Kobe playing with a 38 year old Nash, please enlighten me, smart one.

raprap
09-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Lol no.

tamaraw08
09-01-2016, 07:23 PM

They had

2. Dion waiter (Lmao)
3. Rookie Wiggins
5. Anderson Varejao.

A 33 win team.

Not a 73 win team.

1. lmao?Waiters may not be an allstar but he averaged 16pts/game, playing a key role for OKC to beat GSW 3 times in the playoffs.
2. you described Wiggins as just a "rookie" really? One of the very few years where there's a clear cut top pick.
3. Tristan Thompson BEFORE he turned into a beast? Maybe he as not a beast before but the FACT remains that he had MORE rebounds/game before Lebron got there.
4. Before Verajao got injury prone in 2013, he was averaging 14.4 rebs and 14 pts/game.
5. And Kyrie Irving, the man who stepped up esp in game 5, shot 70% from th field, provided 41 pts in a tight game where they needed every point to beat GSW on the road, please don't tell me Cleveland would have still won that game and not get eliminated, without him. 3ball also pointed out how is so much more than a "robin" stats wise.
Fans kept saying Cleveland beat a 73 win team= one of the greatest teams etc. While GSW was one of the most consistently great teams in the "regular season", that feat was mired by series of circumstances like defections, Portland lost Aldridge, major injuries to the Clips, Memphis and Pelicans(plus bad coaching) etc. The aging of Dirk etc.
Then the weird suspension of Green, the key injuries Warriors key defensive guyS etc.
Yes, I regard Lebron as GOAT SF(eventho he has some holes in his individual game), not sure if he is top 5, but I also disagree that Kobe should be ranked more than 5 spots below him, after all, I believe he is the next best SG all time, don't you?
You claim you are more of a TWolves fan, maybe so but it just seemed like you are more irritated with Kobe stans than Lebron stans.

BigKAT
09-01-2016, 07:33 PM
You claim you are more of a TWolves fan, maybe so but it just seemed like you are more irritated with Kobe stans than Lebron stans.

You're right.
You're definetly right.

I don't know why. I wish I could give you a solid reason. I want to be honest here. But I don't know for sure why they annoy me more. Well, one thing to do come to mind.

Lebron Stans are what they are. Lebron James Fans.

It feels as though Kobe-fans are just... Kobe, Curry, KD(?), MJ, Wilt, Bird fans.
You know what I feel man? I feel bad for real kobe bryant fans. Amazing player. Beyond his performence, he helped rejuvinate the league after some spurs, pistons, mavericks and suns domination, which say what you will about the players, did bad for the popularity of the league.

Kobe Bryant is exceptional.

But his 'fans' on this forum?
They feel more like Lebron haters. Their massive boner for Curry proved that much. They just want to diss lebron.

If this was -really- about Kobe's greatness, and not just a way to slight Lebron james? Yeah, they wouldn't annoy me as much.

You seem like a rational poster, I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

tamaraw08
09-01-2016, 07:45 PM
You're right.
You're definetly right.

I don't know why. I wish I could give you a solid reason. I want to be honest here. But I don't know for sure why they annoy me more. Well, one thing to do come to mind.

Lebron Stans are what they are. Lebron James Fans.

It feels as though Kobe-fans are just... Kobe, Curry, KD(?), MJ, Wilt, Bird fans.
You know what I feel man? I feel bad for real kobe bryant fans. Amazing player. Beyond his performence, he helped rejuvinate the league after some spurs, pistons, mavericks and suns domination, which say what you will about the players, did bad for the popularity of the league.

Kobe Bryant is exceptional.

But his 'fans' on this forum?
They feel more like Lebron haters. Their massive boner for Curry proved that much. They just want to diss lebron.

If this was -really- about Kobe's greatness, and not just a way to slight Lebron james? Yeah, they wouldn't annoy me as much.

You seem like a rational poster, I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

It's extremely difficult to be not judgmental about posters here, believe it or not, I don't consider myself was a Kobe fanatic, I even argued hard in the Lakers board vs Kobe fanatics who blamed all the bad things on Pau etc,
But I must admit, Lebron stans irritate me more.
Feeny insist on banging on Kobe's low FG%, again the irony, bec I used to be huge on efficiency and still is, but to a point, there is more to it than that.
Sixers went to the finals with Iverson chucking so much, NBA analyst Doug Collins explained that those shots needed to be taken, and somewhat like an assists as his teammates benefit from that for easier put backs.
When Lakers won back to back without Shaq, Lakers were 3rd and 4th in offensive rebounds.
And yes, lets agree to disagree that the Celtics team they beat was in my eyes a "great team", add the Spurs they upset the year before that too.
Celtics didn't look good offensively bec they focussed on grind out to the mud style bec they relied on 3 HOF's and a pretty good PG, somebody pointed out too that they had different rules before. Heck even Lebron could'nt get pass them before he decided to leave his "home team" to join 2 HOF's.

BigKAT
09-01-2016, 07:54 PM
It's extremely difficult to be not judgmental about posters here, believe it or not, I don't consider myself was a Kobe fanatic, I even argued hard in the Lakers board vs Kobe fanatics who blamed all the bad things on Pau etc,
But I must admit, Lebron stans irritate me more.
Feeny insist on banging on Kobe's low FG%, again the irony, bec I used to be huge on efficiency and still is, but to a point, there is more to it than that.
Sixers went to the finals with Iverson chucking so much, NBA analyst Doug Collins explained that those shots needed to be taken, and somewhat like an assists as his teammates benefit from that for easier put backs.
When Lakers won back to back without Shaq, Lakers were 3rd and 4th in offensive rebounds.
And yes, lets agree to disagree that the Celtics team they beat was in my eyes a "great team", add the Spurs they upset the year before that too.
Celtics didn't look good offensively bec they focussed on grind out to the mud style bec they relied on 3 HOF's and a pretty good PG, somebody pointed out too that they had different rules before. Heck even Lebron could'nt get pass them before he decided to leave his "home team" to join 2 HOF's.

Everything you said is fine.
But it does not respond to my post.

I've spoken about Kobe's 'Supporters' on this forum. Not about Kobe the player. I'm saying basically that a great deal of them aren't really fan of Kobe bryant as much as they are Lebron james haters. Which is why they move on from player to player whenever someone who can defeat him shows up.

That's just how it looks to me.

Bankaii
09-01-2016, 08:14 PM
How stupid can you be?:oldlol:

Kobe played with the the MDE for 8 years and only won 3 rings. One of which he was a role player for lol.

toprange
09-01-2016, 08:59 PM

I've spoken about Kobe's 'Supporters' on this forum. Not about Kobe the player. I'm saying basically that a great deal of them aren't really fan of Kobe bryant as much as they are Lebron james haters. Which is why they move on from player to player whenever someone who can defeat him shows up.

The biggest thing a lot of kobe fans hate about lebron is how much of a fraud he is. Almost everything he does is fraud like. Before winning any game in the league he declared himself the King and his fans knelt before him. After years of not winning a championship, he tells the media that rings shouldn't be what judges a players greatness. So his fans listen and use his stats and MVPs to judge greatness. He then joins up with wade and bosh just so that he can add some easy rings into his resume and he continues that with love and irving and then he tells the media on how he takes the hard route!!! Biggest Fraud in Sports. And his dumb fans are so easily conned by all this.

tamaraw08
09-01-2016, 10:21 PM

Are you sure they hate on Lebron and not his worshippers?BTW, Who started what? TBH. I don't know the answer really, but it's also possible they started it. ESPN and NIKE packaged Lebron as next great one, getting a 90 mil contract before even playing, up to the minute update as the youngest player to have this and that stat etc, then the fans followed.... Personally I didn't like it but yes I hated bec he was freaking good so seeing him fail was an enjoyment. Heck I probably feel the same for Kobe if I didn't live in So Cal but the difference was the packaging from the start imo.
It didn't help when he abandoned his home to teamed up with 2 HOF'ers, then leave the aging Wade to team up with a younger up and coming Allstar and simply say I'm coming "home" as if Kyrie was not a consideration

Hoopz2332
09-01-2016, 10:30 PM
cant disagree:rockon:

ShawkFactory
09-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Are you implying that all of those players > Lebron?

34-24 Footwork
09-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Are you implying that all of those players > Lebron?

No. Implying that if you replace Lebron on that 2011-2014 Heat team with any of those players, they'd win at least 1 rings, as well.

You don't think Melo wins with Bosh, Wade, Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis qnd etc?

RRR3
09-01-2016, 11:49 PM
No. Implying that if you replace Lebron on that 2011-2014 Heat team with any of those players, they'd win at least 1 rings, as well.

You don't think Melo wins with Bosh, Wade, Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis qnd etc?
What are you honestly even trying to argue anymore? You already admitted you think LeBron is top 5. Which means you have him over your boy unless you're insane enough to think Kobe is top 4. Seriously what are you arguing if you think LBJ is top 5?

toprange
09-02-2016, 07:08 AM
What are you honestly even trying to argue anymore? You already admitted you think LeBron is top 5. Which means you have him over your boy unless you're insane enough to think Kobe is top 4. Seriously what are you arguing if you think LBJ is top 5?
And you went to far...Kobe >>>>>> Lebron and it is not even close. 2 back to back championships and FMVPs with the second best player being a 1-time allstar