PDA

View Full Version : peak shaq and 3p shooters vs this gsw

swagga
09-01-2016, 10:57 AM
no kobe, just shaq with 3&d players (e.g. fisher/danny green/battier/fox/shaq)
how would shaq fare against the triple team of zaza / draymond / durant? :lol

Achilleas
09-01-2016, 11:24 AM
gsw will not double shaq,they will let him score 50-60 points and don't let others to score,and sometimes put bench players to hack him

and gsw will play pick and roll with the man shaq quarding and try to make him defend curry on 3point line

BigKAT
09-01-2016, 12:22 PM
GSW wins.

This is one of the greatest teams of all time.
It took a top 5 player at the peak of his abilities to take this team down, with plenty of help from Kyrie to win.

Shaq alone loses.
He wasn't as elite defensivly, and he had no range.

Backdoor cuts all over the place, or 20 open 3s for Draymond and Barnes a game. Not to mention that I want to see Shaq switched onto curry.

Fouls out before the 4th quarter.

It would take someone of Lebron's caliber to beat this team.
MJ without pippen? Yeah, I think he can win.
But Shaq? Nope.

LostCause
09-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Basically comes down to whether or not GSW can make enough 3's despite being guarded by GOOD defenders on the perimeter to counter Shaq pretty much getting an automatic 2 (Potentially more via FT's) every time down the floor

GS will probably look to abuse switches to get Shaq on the perimeter to make it easier for them to score. Assuming you put some really good 3 & D players around Shaq it wouldn't surprise me at all for this to be really competitive (Bowen, Battier, Green etc)

BigKAT
09-01-2016, 12:33 PM
Basically comes down to whether or not GSW can make enough 3's despite being guarded by GOOD defenders on the perimeter to counter Shaq pretty much getting an automatic 2 (Potentially more via FT's) every time down the floor

GS will probably look to abuse switches to get Shaq on the perimeter to make it easier for them to score. Assuming you put some really good 3 & D players around Shaq it wouldn't surprise me at all for this to be really competitive (Bowen, Battier, Green etc)

Prime battier is a good choice for Team Shaq.
I'd also put Ron Artest for consideration, though I'm not sure about his 3pt range.

ralph_i_el
09-01-2016, 04:19 PM
Prime Shaq is a GOAT level talent, any any decent team with him on it is a threat to any team in history.

That being said, Zaza is a big body, not unlike the type of guys that other teams looked for to try and guard Shaq.

Golden State would try and deny Shaq the ball, and make him run in transition. Maybe even go small and try to force him to guard the 3 point line. Id love to see Dray try and check Shaq

FKAri
09-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Well look how far Orlando went with Dwight and 3pt shooters. Shaq is much worse in PnR D tho. But he more than makes up for it on the other end. It's basically a fouling game. Foul shaq on one end, force shaq to foul you on the other and/or guard guys in the perimeter.

Akrazotile
09-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Shaq > Kobe

ClipperRevival
09-01-2016, 08:20 PM
Well look how far Orlando went with Dwight and 3pt shooters. Shaq is much worse in PnR D tho. But he more than makes up for it on the other end. It's basically a fouling game. Foul shaq on one end, force shaq to foul you on the other and/or guard guys in the perimeter.

Yeah, D12 needs to be given credit for what he brought to the table that Shaq couldn't which was GOAT level mobility as a big and an amazing rim roller. He brought much greater versaility to the table on both offense and defense. Shaq was obviously much more dominant offensively but he did it differently, more stationary while D12 was always in motion.

D12 is one of the most underrated GREATS in NBA history.

IGOTGAME
09-01-2016, 08:29 PM
He would need actual good players on the team.

Billups
Rick Fox
Ariza
Horry
Shaq

I could see Shaq's squad winning because they are all smart and can hit big shots and defend. They said the same thing about not doubling Lebron or Kyrie and look what happened...

Prime_Shaq
09-01-2016, 11:47 PM
Shaq wins.

swagga
09-02-2016, 01:01 AM
He would need actual good players on the team.

Billups
Rick Fox
Ariza
Horry
Shaq

I could see Shaq's squad winning because they are all smart and can hit big shots and defend. They said the same thing about not doubling Lebron or Kyrie and look what happened...

solid team son. :applause:

swagga
09-02-2016, 01:06 AM
I seriously think that besides zaza's 6 QUICK fouls nobody on GSW can even bother peak shaq .. he could just stay under the rim, they'd throw him a lob pass or just off the backboard and then who can bother him ?

draymond is like 6 inches smaller and 100 pounds lighter
varejao can't stand on his feet on his own
durant is like 150 pounds lighter :lol

Also in order for GSW to run in transition they need to rebound the ball.

I seriously think team shaq takes this in 5-6 games. Today's nba tbh ..